Sign in to follow this  
jade

thoughts on Resident Evil games

Here's how i got into the Resident Evil games.At the time the first game came out on PS1 and Sega Saturn,i remember the craze that went around town on it.However,at the time,when i asked people what the game was like,all they would say is "It's awesome,you shoot people and blood comes out!"....then i asked about the story of the game,and people would look at me like i asked if i could light a fart and they'd say "Who cares about story?!?You shoot people and blood flies out!" Needless to say,i avoided the game for awhile.Finally,a few years later,when Code Veronica was on the Dreamcast,i finally felt ready to check Resident Evil out myself.However,at the time,everyone was sold out of all the games.I found a used copy of RE2 for PS1 at one store in town and the rest is history.RE2 was the first game i played in the series,and because of that,William Birkin has always been my fave RE villain.Here's some more thoughts...

1. Loved the Outbreak games for PS2,kinda wish they would put them both on PS4 so everyone could play them online again(I didn't have internet back then,so i never got a chance to play them online.) I still have Outbreak 1 and 2 for PS2 and enjoy the offline play on them alot,fave story characters to play as are Alyssa and David.Fave NPC type to play as are the various Umbrella soldiers.

2. RE2 is still my fave game in the series,I got it for N64(for the extra files and bonus options in that version),Gamecube,the PS4 remake,and i have a Japanese PS3 game that has Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles on one disc.Most of the text is in Japanese,but the voices are all in English,which is nice.It also lets you play the games with either a Move Remote or PS3 controller,but you'll want a Move Remote so the headshots are easier to get. ( I tend to import Japanese video games alot,got my 103rd coming in the mail in a few days.)

3. I also like the Revelations titles.Got Revelations 1 for 3DS and PS4,and Revelations 2 for Vita and PS4.I like the multiplayer Raid Mode on both games alot.

4. Got the Sega Saturn version of Resident Evil 1.The Battle Mode has a zombie version of Wesker you can kill,but he can take more shots than a normal zombie!He's a tough one.

What are some of your favorite Resident Evil games?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jade said:

Here's how i got into the Resident Evil games.At the time the first game came out on PS1 and Sega Saturn,i remember the craze that went around town on it.However,at the time,when i asked people what the game was like,all they would say is "It's awesome,you shoot people and blood comes out!"....then i asked about the story of the game,and people would look at me like i asked if i could light a fart and they'd say "Who cares about story?!?You shoot people and blood flies out!" Needless to say,i avoided the game for awhile.Finally,a few years later,when Code Veronica was on the Dreamcast,i finally felt ready to check Resident Evil out myself.However,at the time,everyone was sold out of all the games.I found a used copy of RE2 for PS1 at one store in town and the rest is history.RE2 was the first game i played in the series,and because of that,William Birkin has always been my fave RE villain.Here's some more thoughts...

1. Loved the Outbreak games for PS2,kinda wish they would put them both on PS4 so everyone could play them online again(I didn't have internet back then,so i never got a chance to play them online.) I still have Outbreak 1 and 2 for PS2 and enjoy the offline play on them alot,fave story characters to play as are Alyssa and David.Fave NPC type to play as are the various Umbrella soldiers.

2. RE2 is still my fave game in the series,I got it for N64(for the extra files and bonus options in that version),Gamecube,the PS4 remake,and i have a Japanese PS3 game that has Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles on one disc.Most of the text is in Japanese,but the voices are all in English,which is nice.It also lets you play the games with either a Move Remote or PS3 controller,but you'll want a Move Remote so the headshots are easier to get. ( I tend to import Japanese video games alot,got my 103rd coming in the mail in a few days.)

3. I also like the Revelations titles.Got Revelations 1 for 3DS and PS4,and Revelations 2 for Vita and PS4.I like the multiplayer Raid Mode on both games alot.

4. Got the Sega Saturn version of Resident Evil 1.The Battle Mode has a zombie version of Wesker you can kill,but he can take more shots than a normal zombie!He's a tough one.

What are some of your favorite Resident Evil games?

I started out ps1 with the resident evil games, weirdly I never finished the first one. Resident evil 2 I manged to get a US copy months before it was released in the UK. Res 3 was good too. 

But seriously, one of the greatest gaming experience I've ever had in 25 years is playing resident evil 7 in VR.

Nothing can prepare you for how pant shittingly scarey it is. Its hard to grasp it being scarey if you've only played in 2d and never tried vr. It's scarier than any horror film, many times I just said - fuck going through that door! And turning the system off to leave it until I had the balls to try the next day. 

I've never played it in 2d and there doesn't seem any point after vr, it's really that good. Highly highly recommended if you're a horror fan and have ps4 and a psvr. 

Posted (edited)

sadly,i can't.I'm blind in one eye and i can't play VR or 3D games,nor can i watch 3D movies,it could ruin what little eyesight i have left.Not really interested in RE7.Didn't like how it was a first person shooter style game,and i also read up on the story and i really didn't care for it.Also didn't like the fact that the Gold Edition still makes the 'Not a Hero' content still DLC instead of putting it on the physical disc.I'm glad you enjoyed RE7,but i have no interest in it.

Edited by jade
typo,sorry.

I love the series and have been playing each game when it came out. But I hate RE5 and RE6 with a passion. I completed both when they came out, sunk probably 200+ hours into both combined but they remain the epitome of everything I hate in videogames. Annoying overusage of "fan favourite" characters, shitty action, anime posturing, boring gameplay. But thanks to those two piece of shit games, we now have RE7 which is like a pure extract of everything I love about the series and RE2 remake which is amazing and highly replayable. REmake remains my favourite game of the series and one of the best games I have ever played.

I've had quite a fond history with the Resident Evil franchise. I personally enjoy RE3 and RE6 the most, and am looking forward to the rumored remake of RE3. I also wouldn't be opposed to a remake of RE0 and RE Code Veronica

On 6/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, jade said:

The Outbreak games are pretty fun.  TBH I had a hard time really liking them back in the days, mostly due to the fact I wasn't that great at them, but loved the concept.  Ended up getting back into it and playing online recently.... there are fanmade servers active to this day.  Even though there are no real classic characters from the series, the fact you are back in locations from 2 and 3 is great, plus classic style RE with co-op  :)  And in all honesty, it is a pretty challenging game.  You have to be quick in your inventory or inputting passwords, since you are vulnerable to attack while doing so.  I also like the fact it doesn't really hold your hand by having an arrow point you in a direction or marks destinations on the map....  Although a couple passwords are a little too cryptic (The Hive elevator codes).

Cindy is probably my favourite character.  The herb case & her dodge is good for me since I am not the greatest player  XD  David is pretty good too, being able to make some weapons, repair broken guns, knife attack and his throwing wrench (George seems like a nice option).  Always loved the original Outbreak scenario & Below Freezing Point in File 1.  For File 2 is Desperate Times, Flashback and Wild Things.  The character specific cutscenes for certain scenarios are a nice touch, as well as a couple different endings in the last scenarios.