I’ve resorted to creating my own “new game mode” with my son. Lol. We just do 1vs1. And whoever is Jason is not allowed to use ANY abilities aside from Sense and Stalk. Nothing else. It makes for a pretty intense “Final Girl” type of game. And balances everything out pretty well for just one counselor. 

Mask Hunter:

This is a game mode where Jason isn't around however it's a 4v4.

Perks are disabled and everyone has 5/5 stats. Everyone will start with the big map and Jason's mask will spawn somewhere on the map and it will be marked like repair parts. Counselors must grab the mask and for each second they hold it in their inventory they gain 1 point. At the end of the match whichever team has the most points wins.

The counselor whom has the mask in their inventory will glow red for the enemy team (Like when Jason uses Sense).

Counselors respawn upon death and friendly fire is on by default of course.

Randomly an area in camp will have the ground glow red-ish. When the counselor with the mask is in that area then they gain 2x points instead of 1.

7 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’ve resorted to creating my own “new game mode” with my son. Lol. We just do 1vs1. And whoever is Jason is not allowed to use ANY abilities aside from Sense and Stalk. Nothing else. It makes for a pretty intense “Final Girl” type of game. And balances everything out pretty well for just one counselor. 

I feel like that’d be too easy of a win for a counselor. Lol 

7 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Mask Hunter:

This is a game mode where Jason isn't around however it's a 4v4.

Perks are disabled and everyone has 5/5 stats. Everyone will start with the big map and Jason's mask will spawn somewhere on the map and it will be marked like repair parts. Counselors must grab the mask and for each second they hold it in their inventory they gain 1 point. At the end of the match whichever team has the most points wins.

The counselor whom has the mask in their inventory will glow red for the enemy team (Like when Jason uses Sense).

Counselors respawn upon death and friendly fire is on by default of course.

Randomly an area in camp will have the ground glow red-ish. When the counselor with the mask is in that area then they gain 2x points instead of 1.

That’s interesting!

8 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I like it. Gives you that sense of urgency in not only finding a knife but to find Jason's shack and deliver it 

Yup, and if Jason grabs you and uses that knife you're back to looking for one. Unless he kills you first, lol!

@DontZzz34, sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread. It isn’t particularly easy to come up with modes that haven’t been discussed and that are doable with only what we have in match. This one will only work in PM. 

The House

This mode is a tower defence game for Friday. I’m going to use Higgins small as my example map but it could be playable on other maps. When you all load in Jason immediately starts collecting knives from the outside edge of the map and the Counselors quickly search for things they’ll need firecrackers, PK’s, shotguns and traps. Everything is brought to the main house, hopefully it has a car out front. The car is fixed and started, then Jason places a trap at each door. The Counselors who have found shotguns are the House guests. They have to barricade the doors with the bear traps that others have brought, both front doors and the back one. 

The two teams

-The House Team, is 3 members, each is given two firecrackers, a PK and a shotgun. 

-Jason’s Team, of 4 can use whatever melee weapons they can find. (No weapons may be taken from the main House.)

The match should start at the eight to ten minute mark giving plenty of time to get set up. At the start of the game Jason can use his powers to move around the Higgins house and Snipe with throwing knives, if he sees a Counselor he can tell the other members of his team. He however is not allowed to enter the house till the two minute mark. The house team isn’t allowed to leave the house till the two minute mark and must defend it. At the two minute mark however they’ll have to try for the car as the only way to win is to get in it, if you’re still alive but not in the car at the end of match, it’s a draw. Some players may draw and others win but really it’s about having fun. 

-No healing items are allowed and the perk Thick Skin is not permitted, this is to keep it from taking forever to beat a single Counselor. This rule may not be necessary but I think it makes sense given the type of match.

Jason’s team must get into the house and kill everyone in it to win. This is hard as the people inside have guns and you must either enter through a window or a door with a trap in it. The traps should be dead centre of open doorways, so you have to take it to enter. Jason will need to help his people push in through the front windows or they need to be sneaky and come in through the kitchen. You might be tempted to leave someone in there but Jason can quite easily knife them or they could be rushed.

The shotguns are your best bet for taking the car and should be saved if at all possible. The 3 House guests are out numbered and the ring leader is unkillable, it’s not a particularly fair fight. If you hide on the second floor you’ll never make it to the car but it’s the best place to defend. At the two minute mark the Jason Team Counselors are only allowed to kill you in the house the car is Jason’s and if they run for it they’re fair game for Jason, he tolerates no disrespect. It isn’t like he cares about them, they’re a tool that he no longer needs. 

-I figured the firecrackers could be used to stun Jason if he does encroach on the doors or front porch. Firecrackers aren’t permitted at the car, you must either tank the trap or PK it. You want a friend alive to cover you and you will probably need to cover them as they do theirs, of course it might be every guest for themselves at this point. 

Special - If Tommy is called and spawns into the match, he spawns for the team he was already on. So if you kill two attackers one comes back as Tommy, if two of the Guests die then one comes back to save the other.

Option Two - is if Tommy spawns in and the house quests are all dead it becomes a Tommy hunt. Whoever left is now after him.

The Most Dangerous Game

This is basically just Option Two from above but everyone hunts Tommy. The player that doesn’t get to come back still has a role he can use the camp Cameras and even their POV to keep track of the other Counselors and tell Tommy in group chat what they’re up to. Everyone runs to the main house right at the start of the match, you don’t search or barricade anything. Two Counselors are picked, basically whoever volunteered or by going down the summary page list. When Tommy Spawns the game begins and the remaining Counselors can go grab whatever supplies they need. 

This time health sprays are permitted but no Medic or Thick Skin (except possibly for the Tommy players). All other perks are fine, feel free to ignore this rule but I do think it would be necessary for balanced play.

Counselors aren’t permitted to use the guns, only Tommy. They aren’t allowed to move them either, no hiding Tommy’s toys.

This probably won’t work as well as it could/should as skill level is kinda all over the place as far as combat goes. Tommy will probably get swarmed. 

Jason can grab but not kill anyone he please, practice those Shift grabs Jason. He’s also allowed to throw knives at anyone who isn’t Tommy but is only permitted to limp them, then he must go find another target. When Tommy dies Jason turns on his killers and it becomes a normal game. Jason is kinda on Tommy’s side during this part of the match, he’s acting as a balancing force against the 5 other Counselors. 

I’ll keep thinking about it, as I’m sure there’s more fun things we could do. 

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@DontZzz34, sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread. It isn’t particularly easy to come up with modes that haven’t been discussed and that are doable with only what we have in match. This one will only work in PM. 

The House

This mode is a tower defence game for Friday. I’m going to use Higgins small as my example map but it could be playable on other maps. When you all load in Jason immediately starts collecting knives from the outside edge of the map and the Counselors quickly search for things they’ll need firecrackers, PK’s, shotguns and traps. Everything is brought to the main house, hopefully it has a car out front. The car is fixed and started, then Jason places a trap at each door. The Counselors who have found shotguns are the House guests. They have to barricade the doors with the bear traps that others have brought, both front doors and the back one. 

The two teams

-The House Team, is 3 members, each is given two firecrackers, a PK and a shotgun. 

-Jason’s Team, of 4 can use whatever melee weapons they can find. (No weapons may be taken from the main House.)

The match should start at the eight to ten minute mark giving plenty of time to get set up. At the start of the game Jason can use his powers to move around the Higgins house and Snipe with throwing knives, if he sees a Counselor he can tell the other members of his team. He however is not allowed to enter the house till the two minute mark. The house team isn’t allowed to leave the house till the two minute mark and must defend it. At the two minute mark however they’ll have to try for the car as the only way to win is to get in it, if you’re still alive but not in the car at the end of match, it’s a draw. Some players may draw and others win but really it’s about having fun. 

-No healing items are allowed and the perk Thick Skin is not permitted, this is to keep it from taking forever to beat a single Counselor. This rule may not be necessary but I think it makes sense given the type of match.

Jason’s team must get into the house and kill everyone in it to win. This is hard as the people inside have guns and you must either enter through a window or a door with a trap in it. The traps should be dead centre of open doorways, so you have to take it to enter. Jason will need to help his people push in through the front windows or they need to be sneaky and come in through the kitchen. You might be tempted to leave someone in there but Jason can quite easily knife them or they could be rushed.

The shotguns are your best bet for taking the car and should be saved if at all possible. The 3 House guests are out numbered and the ring leader is unkillable, it’s not a particularly fair fight. If you hide on the second floor you’ll never make it to the car but it’s the best place to defend. At the two minute mark the Jason Team Counselors are only allowed to kill you in the house the car is Jason’s and if they run for it they’re fair game for Jason, he tolerates no disrespect. It isn’t like he cares about them, they’re a tool that he no longer needs. 

-I figured the firecrackers could be used to stun Jason if he does encroach on the doors or front porch. Firecrackers aren’t permitted at the car, you must either tank the trap or PK it. You want a friend alive to cover you and you will probably need to cover them as they do theirs, of course it might be every guest for themselves at this point. 

Special - If Tommy is called and spawns into the match, he spawns for the team he was already on. So if you kill two attackers one comes back as Tommy, if two of the Guests die then one comes back to save the other.

Option Two - is if Tommy spawns in and the house quests are all dead it becomes a Tommy hunt. Whoever left is now after him.

The Most Dangerous Game

This is basically just Option Two from above but everyone hunts Tommy. The player that doesn’t get to come back still has a role he can use the camp Cameras and even their POV to keep track of the other Counselors and tell Tommy in group chat what they’re up to. Everyone runs to the main house right at the start of the match, you don’t search or barricade anything. Two Counselors are picked, basically whoever volunteered or by going down the summary page list. When Tommy Spawns the game begins and the remaining Counselors can go grab whatever supplies they need. 

This time health sprays are permitted but no Medic or Thick Skin (except possibly for the Tommy players). All other perks are fine, feel free to ignore this rule but I do think it would be necessary for balanced play.

Counselors aren’t permitted to use the guns, only Tommy. They aren’t allowed to move them either, no hiding Tommy’s toys.

This probably won’t work as well as it could/should as skill level is kinda all over the place as far as combat goes. Tommy will probably get swarmed. 

Jason can grab but not kill anyone he please, practice those Shift grabs Jason. He’s also allowed to throw knives at anyone who isn’t Tommy but is only permitted to limp them, then he must go find another target. When Tommy dies Jason turns on his killers and it becomes a normal game. Jason is kinda on Tommy’s side during this part of the match, he’s acting as a balancing force against the 5 other Counselors. 

I’ll keep thinking about it, as I’m sure there’s more fun things we could do. 

Wow, I can tell you really put a lot of thought into these ideas. I really like the house one especially. Seems like a fun idea. I hope I can get a private game going soon to give some of these new game modes a try. 

Heres one I just thought of,

This could be a part 2 jason thing only. However many counselors can play. But it’s part 2 jason only vs 7 counselors (ideally) in the game. This will take place at packanack lodge and Jason can’t use any abilities. For that reason the cutoff point for the map for Jason and the counselors goes from the main house up to the first two cabins. So, when the match begins the counselors bring as many weapons, traps, guns, fireworks, Pk’s, and health spray to the campfire in front of packanack lodge. They have 3 minutes to get all of the supplies there. Then from down the street of the campfire the counselors line up and race to get as many supplies as they can and after everyone has their supplies the game begins and jason shows up to the party. The only option is to survive the night until there is 2 minutes left in the game, and counselors get the option to kill Jason.  Tommy and a girl can make a run for the sweater and kill Jason when the 2 minute warning hits. Now, Jason can use all abilities except traps to stop them. Except Jason can’t morph directly to his shack to beat them there and block them from coming in. Jason has to continue chasing after them and be using shift, knives, and morph to try and kill at least one of them before they get the sweater. Also, the kill can only be done inside the shack by his moms head right after the chase. For the final survivors, if tommy isn’t alive the last 2 minutes rules remain the same.

You could use this same idea as well for Jarvis map and use part 4 jason and use Jarvis res and vaca house split between the round. Match begins in vacation house and two Tiffany’s have to be in the game with each other and be the twins (like in the movie). Difference here is the counselors have to survive the night in vaca house and the cabin by it until there is 3 minutes left. Then they can have the option to get the sweater and kill Jason. They can only kill him in the Jarvis residence before the timer runs out. Same rule applies where Jason is forced to come after them until the game ends. If the sweater girl and tommy reach the Jarvis residence before the timer runs out, Jason has to come after them still and try his best. No hiding. 

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Wow, I can tell you really put a lot of thought into these ideas. I really like the house one especially. Seems like a fun idea. I hope I can get a private game going soon to give some of these new game modes a try. 

Heres one I just thought of,

This could be a part 2 jason thing only. However many counselors can play. But it’s part 2 jason only vs 7 counselors (ideally) in the game. This will take place at packanack lodge and Jason can’t use any abilities. For that reason the cutoff point for the map for Jason and the counselors goes from the main house up to the first two cabins. So, when the match begins the counselors bring as many weapons, traps, guns, fireworks, Pk’s, and health spray to the campfire in front of packanack lodge. They have 3 minutes to get all of the supplies there. Then from down the street of the campfire the counselors line up and race to get as many supplies as they can and after everyone has their supplies the game begins and jason shows up to the party. The only option is to survive the night until there is 2 minutes left in the game, and counselors get the option to kill Jason.  Tommy and a girl can make a run for the sweater and kill Jason when the 2 minute warning hits. Now, Jason can use all abilities except traps to stop them. Except Jason can’t morph directly to his shack to beat them there and block them from coming in. Jason has to continue chasing after them and be using shift, knives, and morph to try and kill at least one of them before they get the sweater. Also, the kill can only be done inside the shack by his moms head right after the chase. For the final survivors, if tommy isn’t alive the last 2 minutes rules remain the same.

You could use this same idea as well for Jarvis map and use part 4 jason and use Jarvis res and vaca house split between the round. Match begins in vacation house and two Tiffany’s have to be in the game with each other and be the twins (like in the movie). Difference here is the counselors have to survive the night in vaca house and the cabin by it until there is 3 minutes left. Then they can have the option to get the sweater and kill Jason. They can only kill him in the Jarvis residence before the timer runs out. Same rule applies where Jason is forced to come after them until the game ends. If the sweater girl and tommy reach the Jarvis residence before the timer runs out, Jason has to come after them still and try his best. No hiding. 

I like it, but I also think 2 minutes might be a bit short for the kill. What about if they can only go for the sweater if they get his mask?

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I like it, but I also think 2 minutes might be a bit short for the kill. What about if they can only go for the sweater if they get his mask?

Yes de mask first at the lodge then dip out for the sweater with 3 minutes left if 2 isn’t long enough

I think new game modes is a cool idea but would make finding a game harder. I think options for private matches would be better.

Here's a game mode.

1-Everyone play the same character and same Jason.

2-Turn off Jason's music (for when he is near by).

3-Use party chat.

Have a brand new experience. I've played this way a couple times...it's wild.

1 hour ago, americanalien said:

Here's a game mode.

1-Everyone play the same character and same Jason.

2-Turn off Jason's music (for when he is near by).

3-Use party chat.

Have a brand new experience. I've played this way a couple times...it's wild.

Sounds interesting, you could get some really cool Scooby games going if you all looked the same. I’d have everyone whacked so they’re all bloody to add a bit more confusion. 

Maybe run the same perks too, give everyone a sense avoidance perk, combined with a meta perk (medic or TS) and sneaky for the window strats.