Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It was out on PC briefly, so it’s technically been in the wild. 😜, not knowing is making me crazy, 😂. I keep hoping we’ll get a surprise SPC map in multiplayer, Matt hasn’t gotten back about the possibility and I figure the bug patches will come first, so it’s just a waiting game at this point.

A sandbox mode was out on PC? When??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not very often unfortunately, we only hear about stuff right before it drops. I get why they do it but it’s very frustrating at the same time, I have more to add to most of my ideas and would gladly do more work on them if it was required to get them made. I’ve pulled back and now mostly share ideas that might have a chance.

I think that playing as a Counselor, even without Jason, has a lot of potential. So I’m going to keep bugging them about it till I get it. When I bought the game I thought I’d be bored as a Counselor and it would only be exciting to play as Jason, boy was I wrong. I prefer Counselor play but relish each chance I get to play Jason. I think it’s because it isn’t up to me and the surprise is nice, in QP anyway. I find myself wanting to play as a Counselor when I only have 30 minutes or so to kill, playing as Jason against bots is just to easy and rote.

Thank you for your kind words, and remember everyone who posts about it helps us convince them it’s worth the effort, so thank you again for that. 

I felt the exact same way when I bought the game, I thought playing counselor was boring as hell, and only wanted to play Jason. So I just stopped playing the game because I very rarely ever got to be Jason lmao. I regret that immensely.

Where can I contact them to keep, as you put it, "bugging" them to add my ideas? I really want my disabling rain desperately because every time I restart my match when its raining, it always comes on again with more rain, and after about 4 restarts the game crashes lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

A sandbox mode was out on PC? When??

The wrong patch was uploaded to PC, it had a sandbox mode and something called ‘The Lazarus Experience”. I think Tyrant got to see it.

@tyrant666, was it you who was lucky enough to see the dev build? And do you have any thoughts to share if it was?

5 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Where can I contact them to keep, as you put it, "bugging" them to add my ideas? I really want my disabling rain desperately because every time I restart my match when its raining, it always comes on again with more rain, and after about 4 restarts the game crashes lol

Here and on the Beyond streams mostly. Beyond is on Tuesday 3 pm eastern (I think), on Twitch. You can ask Matt directly that way but you might not get an answer right away, more than likely he’ll say ‘priority something or other’.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Here and on the Beyond streams mostly. Beyond is on Tuesday 3 pm eastern (I think), on Twitch. You can ask Matt directly that way but you might not get an answer right away, more than likely he’ll say ‘priority something or other’.  

Where do I go for the beyond streams? Also wouldn't I get banned or something if I keep making discussions on here about my idea constantly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The wrong patch was uploaded to PC, it had a sandbox mode and something called ‘The Lazarus Experience”. I think Tyrant got to see it.

@tyrant666, was it you who was lucky enough to see the dev build? And do you have any thoughts to share if it was?

Here and on the Beyond streams mostly. Beyond is on Tuesday 3 pm eastern (I think), on Twitch. You can ask Matt directly that way but you might not get an answer right away, more than likely he’ll say ‘priority something or other’.  

There was a sandbox mode in a leaked dev build.

It was just basically you being able to move around the map freely as a counselor.

There were also other things.

1. A LAN mode

2. The lazurus experience (whatever that was and its something they never bothered to answer when called out on it). I clicked on it and the data wasn't there so nothing happened.

Here it is. The Lazurus experience and Sandbox mode were under offline play if I remember.

I suppose what's most frustrating is the dev builds contain things that we never got. So it must be nice to play a version of the game the general public doesn't have nor will ever have now.

20180703135521_1.thumb.jpg.82718a48ca3be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Where do I go for the beyond streams? Also wouldn't I get banned or something if I keep making discussions on here about my idea constantly?

Twitch for the streams, GunMedia is the channel. 

I wait till someone brings up something related, post a version of the idea and then just keep expanding it. I don’t keep making threads, so no fear of a ban. I mostly trust other forum members to tag Matt if the idea is something that others will want in the game. Switching rain on and off should be easy to bring up, anytime someone mentions toggles, just mention having one for that. 

57 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

There was a sandbox mode in a leaked dev build.

It was just basically you being able to move around the map freely as a counselor.

There were also other things.

1. A LAN mode

2. The lazurus experience (whatever that was and its something they never bothered to answer when called out on it). I clicked on it and the data wasn't there so nothing happened.

Here it is. The Lazurus experience and Sandbox mode were under offline play if I remember.

I suppose what's most frustrating is the dev builds contain things that we never got. So it must be nice to play a version of the game the general public doesn't have nor will ever have now.

 

Thank you for the info and don’t be completely discouraged, I have a feeling we’ll see the LAN mode back near end of life. Some others might just be accidentally included too. (Wishful thinking here on my part.)

I’ve been thinking about it and I think the last patch might have some good things in it. It’s unlikely that anyone would say no by that time and it’s a simple way for Horror inc. to appease some of the fans that aren’t to happy with them at the moment. Miller has no interest in suing a game company for doing something he said he was fine with and wouldn’t stand in the way of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

There was a sandbox mode in a leaked dev build.

It was just basically you being able to move around the map freely as a counselor.

There were also other things.

1. A LAN mode

2. The lazurus experience (whatever that was and its something they never bothered to answer when called out on it). I clicked on it and the data wasn't there so nothing happened.

Here it is. The Lazurus experience and Sandbox mode were under offline play if I remember.

I suppose what's most frustrating is the dev builds contain things that we never got. So it must be nice to play a version of the game the general public doesn't have nor will ever have now.

20180703135521_1.thumb.jpg.82718a48ca3be

What is the dev build? And how do you access it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

What is the dev build? And how do you access it?

You could mistakenly access it when they updated the game awhile back. They quickly fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

What is the dev build? And how do you access it?

I’m not on PC but from my understanding you could potential access it by looking in the steam database download history and finding the right one. That is if it’s still in the database and wasn’t scrubbed, that’s how people got footage of Ghostface, they re-downloaded the dev build and played with friends. You won’t be able to join any matches if you did this though, you’d essentially lock your game into offline only mode though as the servers would ask you to update your version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m not on PC but from my understanding you could potential access it by looking in the steam database download history and finding the right one. That is if it’s still in the database and wasn’t scrubbed, that’s how people got footage of Ghostface, they re-downloaded the dev build and played with friends. You won’t be able to join any matches if you did this though, you’d essentially lock your game into offline only mode though as the servers would ask you to update your version. 

Oh dang

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lazerus experience was supposedly under the file name VC 3.0. So my guess is that it was going to be like the Virtual cabin but take place on the Lazerus from oart 8 and at the end it would have revealed a teaser for a part 8 map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Official_Adam_W said:

The Lazerus experience was supposedly under the file name VC 3.0. So my guess is that it was going to be like the Virtual cabin but take place on the Lazerus from oart 8 and at the end it would have revealed a teaser for a part 8 map.

Nice! That sounds pretty cool I wish they could have had more Vitual cabin experiences for the Lazarus and maybe the Voorhees house/ town area or even allowed you the ability to visit locations from the original maps like Packanack or the Jarvis house and vacation house that incorporated more movie/ game facts...before revealing the next map/added characters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Nice! That sounds pretty cool I wish they could have had more Vitual cabin experiences for the Lazarus and maybe the Voorhees house/ town area or even allowed you the ability to visit locations from the original maps like Packanack or the Jarvis house and vacation house that incorporated more movie/ game facts...before revealing the next map/added characters.

Ya there are so many cool things they could have incorporated into the game but sadly will never happen. I even suggested a sandbox mode where you can have the counselors and Jason's do certain scenario's and have the in game items be used and be able to manipulate the camera so players can make cool fan made trailers and video's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Ya there are so many cool things they could have incorporated into the game but sadly will never happen. I even suggested a sandbox mode where you can have the counselors and Jason's do certain scenario's and have the in game items be used and be able to manipulate the camera so players can make cool fan made trailers and video's/

It is a great idea!

I remember during the Kickstarter days one of the features they were talking about having that I thought would have been really awesome was a trailer created from the match you just had using the best kills done in the match.

I always wanted to see what that would look like especially if they incorporated cool little music cues form the movies as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It is a great idea!

I remember during the Kickstarter days one of the features they were talking about having that I thought would have been really awesome was a trailer created from the match you just had using the best kills done in the match.

I always wanted to see what that would look like especially if they incorporated cool little music cues form the movies as well.

There were so many great things we could have had. If only the lawsuit hadn't cut off the potential for content. It's a shame.

On the plus side, I am grateful for the good things we did manage to get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There were so many great things we could have had. If only the lawsuit hadn't cut off the potential for content. It's a shame.

On the plus side, I am grateful for the good things we did manage to get.

Me too buddy definitely happy with what we have...... I am just one of those people that can’t get enough of a good thing😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly i won't ever be happy since the offline modes are not on physical discs,and i don't see it happening with the way things with the game have gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 8:47 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

It was out on PC briefly, so it’s technically been in the wild. 😜, not knowing is making me crazy, 😂. I keep hoping we’ll get a surprise SPC map in multiplayer, Matt hasn’t gotten back about the possibility and I figure the bug patches will come first, so it’s just a waiting game at this point.

I know this post is old lol but what is an SPC Map?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

I know this post is old lol but what is an SPC Map?

A level from the single player challenges.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

I know this post is old lol but what is an SPC Map?

Single Player Challenge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fair Play said:

Single Player Challenge.

 

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

A level from the single player challenges.

Ah aight thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

 

Ah aight thx

You're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

I know this post is old lol but what is an SPC Map?

Since our fellow campers have already let you know what an SPC is, what do you think of using them in multiplayer?

I wanted to use them to get a mini Jarvis map and Pinehurst. The more I thought about it though the more I realized that I’d be happy with any of them. Snuggle by the Fire for example, is an awesome little map that would be hard to escape from, and the challenge would be fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Since our fellow campers have already let you know what an SPC is, what do you think of using them in multiplayer?

I wanted to use them to get a mini Jarvis map and Pinehurst. The more I thought about it though the more I realized that I’d be happy with any of them. Snuggle by the Fire for example, is an awesome little map that would be hard to escape from, and the challenge would be fun.

Agreed, it could also give counselors some training on combat with Jason. As they'll all be close together and they will have to defend the person fixing the escape objectives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...