Hello devs I just have one question and I think it's one that hasn't been answered. What happens to this game after servers stop? How will we be able to play as counselors? This needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1

@K2345, after the servers go down for good, you will not be able to play as a counselor. It will be the offline gameplay mode only. They have said that their plan is to go to client side saves however so that you do not lose any of the Jason skins or kills that you have unlocked. There is no date set yet for them to do this though. Right now it's deemed low priority seeing as they are still working on bug fixes and possibly more balance changes.

3 hours ago, K2345 said:

Hello devs I just have one question and I think it's one that hasn't been answered. What happens to this game after servers stop? How will we be able to play as counselors? This needs to be addressed. 

I’m on your side, I want to be able to play Counselor offline.

I think the pubs are in for a world of bitching if they sold people emotes and costumes that players never get to see again after the servers shut down. I really hope they have a plan that includes giving us the ability to play as Counselor. 

- I’d like to be able to spawn in both offline bots and SPC’s.

- I’d like cheat codes or special items including, infinite ammo shotgun (with the ability to break down doors like a weak Jason), unbreakable melee weapons and the ability to shift indefinitely (they could give the player all Jason’s powers too.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@K2345, after the servers go down for good, you will not be able to play as a counselor. It will be the offline gameplay mode only. They have said that their plan is to go to client side saves however so that you do not lose any of the Jason skins or kills that you have unlocked. There is no date set yet for them to do this though. Right now it's deemed low priority seeing as they are still working on bug fixes and possibly more balance changes

So what about the money I spent on emotes for my counselors? Like these are things they should have thought about before making this game. I supported this game since day 1 and I'm really shocked at the lack of care these devs have for us. Lawsuit or no lawsuit at least try and use what resources you have to satisfy those who made this game happen. No excuse at all. And to top it all off these devs pushed a bunch of ultimate editions knowing this game was far from a finished product. The nerve. 

1 hour ago, K2345 said:

So what about the money I spent on emotes for my counselors? Like these are things they should have thought about before making this game. I supported this game since day 1 and I'm really shocked at the lack of care these devs have for us. Lawsuit or no lawsuit at least try and use what resources you have to satisfy those who made this game happen. No excuse at all. And to top it all off these devs pushed a bunch of ultimate editions knowing this game was far from a finished product. The nerve. 

This doesn’t read like your first post, the pubs aren’t the enemy and treating them that way will only leave us all unsatisfied. We don’t know for sure what the end of life plan is, till we do let’s not lose our heads.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

before the servers go down,i would like to see a new physical disc version that has all the offline modes on the game disc,so we don't have to worry about losing the ability to play the offline modes if someone's system dies and needs to be replaced at a point when the servers are down,and the offline modes aren't available as DLC anymore.I hope they can do this.

Edited by jade
typo,sorry.

13 hours ago, K2345 said:

Let's not weigh the developers down with anything more at the moment.

As @Dragonfire82877 mentioned, access to counselor play after the servers shut down is not in the cards. It would be nice if that could change.

4 hours ago, jade said:

before the servers go down,i would like to see a new physical disc version that has all the offline modes on the game disc,so we don't have to worry about losing the ability to play the offline modes if someone's system dies and needs to be replaced at a point when the servers are down,and the offline modes aren't available as DLC anymore.I hope they can do this.

An alternative to this would be to back up your data accordingly, so that if your system dies, you'll still have access to it.

Posted (edited)

When's servers go down... Well, as they say in Hollywood, that's a wrap... Unless they bring back client side servers of course.

Edited by F134Ever86

16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@K2345, after the servers go down for good, you will not be able to play as a counselor. It will be the offline gameplay mode only. They have said that their plan is to go to client side saves however so that you do not lose any of the Jason skins or kills that you have unlocked. There is no date set yet for them to do this though. Right now it's deemed low priority seeing as they are still working on bug fixes and possibly more balance changes.

Client side?.....

27 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Client side?.....

Meaning that you will have access to all your saved data without having the servers providing it. As it is now, when the servers go offline due to problems or maintenance, you only have access to offline content and none of your unlocked Jason skins and such. When they allow client side saves, you will have access to all unlocked data (Jason skins, Jason kills) without having to be connected to the servers.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Let's not weigh the developers down with anything more at the moment.

As @Dragonfire82877 mentioned, access to counselor play after the servers shut down is not in the cards. It would be nice if that could change.

An alternative to this would be to back up your data accordingly, so that if your system dies, you'll still have access to it.

No thanks.I'd rather have the offline modes on a physical disc.I don't like all that DLC taking up room on my hard drive either.To each their own.

17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m on your side, I want to be able to play Counselor offline.

I think the pubs are in for a world of bitching if they sold people emotes and costumes that players never get to see again after the servers shut down. I really hope they have a plan that includes giving us the ability to play as Counselor. 

- I’d like to be able to spawn in both offline bots and SPC’s.

- I’d like cheat codes or special items including, infinite ammo shotgun (with the ability to break down doors like a weak Jason), unbreakable melee weapons and the ability to shift indefinitely (they could give the player all Jason’s powers too.)

For so long, I have wanted offline counselor play. I'm honestly fine if they can't get a bot Jason working, I just want a little mode where you can run around the map as a counselor by yourself fix the cars and stuff, do some drifts and practice driving and repair minigames. It would be so peaceful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

For so long, I have wanted offline counselor play. I'm honestly fine if they can't get a bot Jason working, I just want a little mode where you can run around the map as a counselor by yourself fix the cars and stuff, do some drifts and practice driving and repair minigames. It would be so peaceful.

Yep, who needs a Jason bot. 

Edit - Not that I wouldn’t love one but in all seriousness, I’m fine killing other Counselors as a Counselor and just pretending I’m part 9 Jason possessing someone. Roy or Vic from part 5 on a murder spree might be a fun pretend scenario too. Vic especially so on the Pinehurst SPC. 

I like playing Jason and wouldn’t give that up but I enjoy the way I can move around the map more as a Counselor, for the most part I should say, as Shifting is fun. The Counselors are no threat to Jason in bots, if I play as a Counselor though and try killing them, they can fight back and can kill me too. The challenge is higher, especially with a time limit and no way to track them other than the map which I can ignore. 

I bought the costumes to support the pubs but don’t get much use out of them as I main Mitch, this gives me a use though, as being a Bunny killer sounds like a great time. There’s other costumes that would be fun to hunt in as well but that one would get played every Easter, 😂. Adam doesn’t get much love but being dressed in camo and having a gun that never runs out of ammo sounds like a lot of fun hours spent in camp. 

Lastly if we could do the same in PM before the servers go down, it might bring some people back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jade said:

No thanks.I'd rather have the offline modes on a physical disc.I don't like all that DLC taking up room on my hard drive either.To each their own.

If they already have plans on another physical disc, that could resolve you concern. If they don't, you're just out of luck.

@mattshotcha, could you shed some light on this?

1 hour ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

This would be an interesting development.

16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Meaning that you will have access to all your saved data without having the servers providing it. As it is now, when the servers go offline due to problems or maintenance, you only have access to offline content and none of your unlocked Jason skins and such. When they allow client side saves, you will have access to all unlocked data (Jason skins, Jason kills) without having to be connected to the servers.

Good to know!!

15 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, who needs a Jason bot. 

Edit - Not that I wouldn’t love one but in all seriousness, I’m fine killing other Counselors as a Counselor and just pretending I’m part 9 Jason possessing someone. Roy or Vic from part 5 on a murder spree might be a fun pretend scenario too. Vic especially so on the Pinehurst SPC. 

I like playing Jason and wouldn’t give that up but I enjoy the way I can move around the map more as a Counselor, for the most part I should say, as Shifting is fun. The Counselors are no threat to Jason in bots, if I play as a Counselor though and try killing them, they can fight back and can kill me too. The challenge is higher, especially with a time limit and no way to track them other than the map which I can ignore. 

I bought the costumes to support the pubs but don’t get much use out of them as I main Mitch, this gives me a use though, as being a Bunny killer sounds like a great time. There’s other costumes that would be fun to hunt in as well but that one would get played every Easter, 😂. Adam doesn’t get much love but being dressed in camo and having a gun that never runs out of ammo sounds like a lot of fun hours spent in camp. 

Lastly if we could do the same in PM before the servers go down, it might bring some people back.

Wait, we will still be able to do private matches after the servers go down, right?

@m3ga_monk3y.cfg

I would imagine they will revert back to client side servers when dedicated goes down but I think they should still be up for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

@m3ga_monk3y.cfg

I would imagine they will revert back to client side servers when dedicated goes down but I think they should still be up for the foreseeable future.

Can you explain what client side servers are?

I would assume it would go peer to peer connection is that the same as client side servers? Peer to peer wouldn't be all that great though.It would be like consoles before dedicated servers.If the host rage quits the match is over and lag would also be a big issue depending on how good of internet everyone has.It's better than having no online at all I guess.

5 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Can you explain what client side servers are?

The hosts PS4/Xbox or PC acts as the server for everyone on the match, instead of us all connecting to a server run by the devs, dedicated servers. 

There’s a few other possible options they have including giving us access to the LAN mode they test in but until the end I don’t think we’re likely to know. 

Edit - Maybe to your other post, nothing is for sure yet, other then they say they have a plan. 

39 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The hosts PS4/Xbox or PC acts as the server for everyone on the match, instead of us all connecting to a server run by the devs, dedicated servers. 

There’s a few other possible options they have including giving us access to the LAN mode they test in but until the end I don’t think we’re likely to know. 

Edit - Maybe to your other post, nothing is for sure yet, other then they say they have a plan. 

Righto, also, do they ever tell us what they're gonna be putting in their updates? Because I'm really wanting  to know if my suggestion of disabling rain in bots mode will be coming, or more importantly, your idea of that sandbox/scenario creator type thing you talked about. That sounds awesome.

35 minutes ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Righto, also, do they ever tell us what they're gonna be putting in their updates? Because I'm really wanting  to know if my suggestion of disabling rain in bots mode will be coming, or more importantly, your idea of that sandbox/scenario creator type thing you talked about. That sounds awesome.

Not very often unfortunately, we only hear about stuff right before it drops. I get why they do it but it’s very frustrating at the same time, I have more to add to most of my ideas and would gladly do more work on them if it was required to get them made. I’ve pulled back and now mostly share ideas that might have a chance.

I think that playing as a Counselor, even without Jason, has a lot of potential. So I’m going to keep bugging them about it till I get it. When I bought the game I thought I’d be bored as a Counselor and it would only be exciting to play as Jason, boy was I wrong. I prefer Counselor play but relish each chance I get to play Jason. I think it’s because it isn’t up to me and the surprise is nice, in QP anyway. I find myself wanting to play as a Counselor when I only have 30 minutes or so to kill, playing as Jason against bots is just to easy and rote.

Thank you for your kind words, and remember everyone who posts about it helps us convince them it’s worth the effort, so thank you again for that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not very often unfortunately, we only hear about stuff right before it drops. I get why they do it but it’s very frustrating at the same time, I have more to add to most of my ideas and would gladly do more work on them if it was required to get them made. I’ve pulled back and now mostly share ideas that might have a chance.

I think that playing as a Counselor, even without Jason, has a lot of potential. So I’m going to keep bugging them about it till I get it. When I bought the game I thought I’d be bored as a Counselor and it would only be exciting to play as Jason, boy was I wrong. I prefer Counselor play but relish each chance I get to play Jason. I think it’s because it isn’t up to me and the surprise is nice, in QP anyway. I find myself wanting to play as a Counselor when I only have 30 minutes or so to kill, playing as Jason against bots is just to easy and rote.

Thank you for your kind words, and remember everyone who posts about it helps us convince them it’s worth the effort, so thank you again for that. 

A sandbox mode would be interesting, but my concern is if the "no more content clause" would apply here.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

A sandbox mode would be interesting, but my concern is if the "no more content clause" would apply here.

It was out on PC briefly, so it’s technically been in the wild. 😜, not knowing is making me crazy, 😂. I keep hoping we’ll get a surprise SPC map in multiplayer, Matt hasn’t gotten back about the possibility and I figure the bug patches will come first, so it’s just a waiting game at this point.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It was out on PC briefly, so it’s technically been in the wild. 😜, not knowing is making me crazy, 😂. I keep hoping we’ll get a surprise SPC map in multiplayer, Matt hasn’t gotten back about the possibility and I figure the bug patches will come first, so it’s just a waiting game at this point.

I don't mind waiting. I'm a pretty patient person.

I know the powers that be have their hands full with the fixes. Once those get taken care of eventually, I'd like to see what else they may have in store for the fans.