tyrant666

Weapons That Never Came To Fruition

What were some weapons you were disappointed when they never made it into the game? Granted, most of the iconic weapons used in the films are there. The machete, the wooden axe, the spear, the pick axe, etc. There were weapons that missed the cut though.

For me...I'll go with 5 easy ones.

1. The Wooden Pitchfork

While technically the pitchfork made it into the game because they took the wooden pitchfork from the early trailers and turned into the trident for Savini. The Wooden pitchfork itself never became a playable weapon for the other Jasons to use. Though I have seen russian hackers run around with other Jasons using the Savini trident.

2. The Weed Eater

We were given reasons why this never happened. From Kane Hodder Mocap to logistics to balance, etc. I feel like as a one hit kill type of weapon or one hit limp/two hits kill, it could've been balanced somehow with proper thought.

3. The Hunting Knife

The small knife on the belt for Part 6. He used it in the film, he should be able to use it in game. Some might say well it would be silly to see him use it to break down a door. Well they gave Roy the hedge clippers, so I don't see the logistic problem here either.

4. The Hell Dagger/Power Ranger Dagger

I know there were many wondering what kind of weapon they would give Part 9 before launch trailers released. With the machete already seen as given to Part 7 in beta. Many didn't think they would give Part 9 the same machete and given he uses nothing else in the film besides a shovel in the final act. Many thought they would give him the dagger used to kill him at the end. Instead they gave him a double sided battle axe seen in Part 5 and Part 4.

5. The Spear Gun

The first weapon used by Jason when he gets the mask in Part 3 and a small cameo in Part 8. This would be another unique one hit/two hit kill type weapon. Again, some thought needed to make it balanced.

Honorable mention

The Wooden Spear

Part 2 uses it in the single player challenge, it was seen again in the early trailers. Eventually replaced by the steel cemetery spear for Part 6. This one might be grasping at straws, but it could've been given its own kills.

Any others? Were you hoping for some original weapons not seen in the films yet?

Tree trimming saw that he used in Part VII to kill Dr Crews! 

This of course would need balancing or it could be a special weapon, found somewhere on the map, with a one time use

friday-the-13th-part-vii-the-new-blood-1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Any others? Were you hoping for some original weapons not seen in the films yet?

The bow and arrow, it did make it into SPC as a special kill but would have been a fun alternative to throwing knives. 

I actually would have liked to have seen some shovel kills as I feel they could have been very creative. A decapitation on the ground, face smash with the flat maybe followed by a face smash with the blade of the shovel, cut both legs off as they crawl away and maybe one where he plants it then feeds the handle to them. 

There’s a lot that could have come from having more options. Great topic.

• Like 1

it was never used in any movie, but id love to see jason kill some brats with a crow bar.

hacksaw from part 4, one of the all time greats.

and of course, the heroine needle from part 8 ;)

• Like 1

The almost happened, sledgehammer, that I’m guessing was gonna be for an upcoming Jason... I have a render but it won’t  let me attach it because the image file is too big :(

• Like 1

The Bush Hook and Sickle from Part 7

And the BillHook Machete from Part 2

I would have liked them to be included in the game...

• Like 1

The Baby Ruth candy bar. :pocketknife:

Would be an alternative weapon to stun Jason if he grabs you. Can be thrown at him too. 

• Like 1

For balance the weed whacker should've only had a limited amount of power in it, and super slow. Perfect for cutting down doors and people, but you'd have to use it wisely.

As the for spear gun, it'd be good for a one use, one hit kill weapon. Except Tommy, who it just brings down to a limp. Could find both of these in random areas around the map. Only one or the other per map.

Shame these didn't come to fruition.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SirMang said:

Tree trimming saw that he used in Part VII to kill Dr Crews! 

This of course would need balancing or it could be a special weapon, found somewhere on the map, with a one time use

friday-the-13th-part-vii-the-new-blood-1

God I would have loved to see that in the game.

Nothing would've been more satisfying than using a weed eater to wipe out a crowd of heavy thick skin, swift attacking, medic, hypo hoarding do nothings. Or surprising some fool in a glitch spot with a spear gun kill to the face.

Oh well.

• Like 1

Just now, tyrant666 said:

Nothing would've been more satisfying than using a weed eater to wipe out a crowd of heavy thick skin, swift attacking, medic, hypo hoarding do nothings. Or surprising some fool in a glitch spot with a spear gun kill to the face.

Oh well.

aww man I would have loved this too. Just imagine hiding or ducking in a corner somewhere and hearing that trimmer revving up and getting louder as Jason got closer. Menacing! haha

• Like 1

I recently posted an idea for a playable Pamela Voorhees....i'd want her weapon to be that six inch hunting knife Pamela pulls off her belt before attacking Alice at the end of the first movie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

The honest, cold truth.

Amazing thread as it was and the fact that people were clamoring for Pamela since forever.

Even without the lawsuit, there is absolutely no chance they would add Pamela either in the main mode or her own mode.

Proof enough is Paranoia, which was probably something similar in that it was a copycat killer mode that they so happened to find 'not fun'.

Not fun = Not easy enough for casual play.

A Pamela mode would've required even more thought. Given the creativity we got when the game wasn't hindered by a lawsuit. I doubt they gave it much serious thought.

Crazy how many people they turned away from the game though when you look back over that thread.

No,my idea for a Pamela mode was very different,it's in a different thread.Still,it's nice to dream.

5 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

The part 2 pitchfork that sackhead uses, this would have been a fun melee weapon to use!

That would be my vote as well. Especially since Jason also got a couple of kills with it in Part 3, and there are a couple of them laying around in the barns on Pinehurst and Higgins Haven. The pitchfork, tree trimmer and spear gun all would have been great environmental kills at the barns, cemeteries, and docks, respectively.

As for the hunting knives, I think we got enough of those between the throwing knives and the two knife-based environmental kills (three if you count the screwdriver as an homage to Cort's death in Part 6). 

4 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

That would be my vote as well. Especially since Jason also got a couple of kills with it in Part 3, and there are a couple of them laying around in the barns on Pinehurst and Higgins Haven. The pitchfork, tree trimmer and spear gun all would have been great environmental kills at the barns, cemeteries, and docks, respectively.

As for the hunting knives, I think we got enough of those between the throwing knives and the two knife-based environmental kills (three if you count the screwdriver as an homage to Cort's death in Part 6). 

Im talking about the shovel handled one he used against ginny in part 2.