MRWood204

Finally got that damn 500 Jason matches trophy

I honestly thought there was an issue with getting the trophy, like my count had started over or something. 

Apparently it just took 2 years since my first trophy was may 2017. 

Now with 1000 matches the only one left, I kinda have a rekindled love for the game again.

• Like 1

hey nice murdering out there champ!

also, i dunno if ps4 and pc have the stats like xbox does but one thing that keeps my black heart beating for this game besides the action packed game play is watching your kill count rise!

4 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

I honestly thought there was an issue with getting the trophy, like my count had started over or something. 

Now with 1000 matches the only one left, I kinda have a rekindled love for the game again.

Congratulations, and you give me hope mine is close to popping. Love when I get a trophy notification, stupid reptile 🧠, lol.

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

hey nice murdering out there champ!

also, i dunno if ps4 and pc have the stats like xbox does but one thing that keeps my black heart beating for this game besides the action packed game play is watching your kill count rise!

Definately no stats like that on ps4 though I wish there were. Even an in-game stats menu is a missed opportunity from the devs. 

• Like 2

In 2 years, you'll pop 1000 matches! 

Don't worry I probably have another year before I'll pop 1000 myself. 

The only thing that will keep the servers up is if Gun makes money on other projects because this game is a dead end money pit with no content and the time it takes to do anything with fixes or changes.

I doubt I'll ever get to 500 or 1000 on PC.

• Like 1

Nice! props! I only have a little over a hundred matches as Jason. There was a long while in beginning I where i was afraid to play as Jason so always had counselor preference. I put a lot of practice into offline mode and got the courage to start playing Jason in QP and never looked back. I'm maybe Jason once out of every 8-10 matches so def going to take forever to get to 500 let alone 1000.

16 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

@Slasher_Clone I should have kept running lol. I thought the bed was my safe place.

That was a good move at the end running to the far campsite. I couldn’t sense you but got lucky with my first Morph.

@mattshotcha

The achievement for 1,000 matches takes forever because of the very low chance to get selected as Jason.

Most players don't want to help you grind 1 vs 1 in a private match. Taking turns as Jason. If you grind for hours doing that you only get 1% towards your progress. Maybe 2%.

In QP 1 out 10 matches or more you get picked as Jason.

Now Repeat that 500 matches for 1 achievement. Then 500 more to reach 1,000 for 100% completion.

Would have been great to have the option to always play as Jason on multiplayer. To help complete achievements without putting in 2000 hours because the low chance to be selected.

Currently at 56% for 1,000 matches as Jason. 1,200 hours played on Xbox.

Here are a few options.

1. They can edit the achievements and reduce the amount needed. 250, 500

2. Add in an option like Dead By Daylight to always play as the killer.

3. Allow the achievements to count towards matches as Jason for offline bots and multiplayer matches.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2019 at 11:13 AM, MRWood204 said:

awesome!Congrats!

On 6/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

@mattshotcha

The achievement for 1,000 matches takes forever because of the very low chance to get selected as Jason.

Most players don't want to help you grind 1 vs 1 in a private match. Taking turns as Jason. If you grind for hours doing that you only get 1% towards your progress. Maybe 2%.

In QP 1 out 10 matches or more you get picked as Jason.

Now Repeat that 500 matches for 1 achievement. Then 500 more to reach 1,000 for 100% completion.

Would have been great to have the option to always play as Jason on multiplayer. To help complete achievements without putting in 2000 hours because the low chance to be selected.

Currently at 56% for 1,000 matches as Jason. 1,200 hours played on Xbox.

Here are a few options.

1. They can edit the achievements and reduce the amount needed. 250, 500

2. Add in an option like Dead By Daylight to always play as the killer.

3. Allow the achievements to count towards matches as Jason for offline bots and multiplayer matches.

No, sorry, it should not be changed this late in the game. It would devalue the achievement and be insulting to those of us who toughed it out. If you really want it, it is doable.If they were going to change it, it needed to be done very early on. It needs to be left alone now.

• Sad 1

Finally earned mine on Saturday after playing this game since launch. I think I would of gotten it sooner, but we had a period when games would end if host quit.

• Thanks 1

Took be 363 days to get the 500 plays. I'm still working on 1000

20 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Finally earned mine on Saturday after playing this game since launch. I think I would of gotten it sooner, but we had a period when games would end if host quit.

Lucky....

20 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I was in the same boat. I doubt I have 500 disconnected host matches but still...

With all the bugs and everything this game has gone through, I can honestly say it's probably the game I got the most money out of. 

@mattshotcha

I did some testing yesterday. Tracking the average amount of times it takes to be selected as Jason.

Method used was to load up the game. Join Quick Play. Wait 1 minute or less to start a match. Right at the 5 second count down press UP on the directional pad.

If I was not Jason force quit the game skipping the Jason intro kill and restart it. Repeat the process until selected as Jason.

What I discovered is I had to do that about 10 times to play Jason 1 time. (30 minutes).

It takes 10 matches as Jason to get 1,000 matches achievement to go up by 1%. (3 hours and 30 minutes)

100 games as Jason to go up 10%. (35 hours)

I'm currently at 60%. 600 matches completed. I have 400 matches to complete for 100%.

Estimated time 140 hours if I continue in quickplay and quitting until I get Jason.

To save time private match grinding with LFG posts selecting myself as Jason 24/7 or trading off 1vs1 seems like a logical option. The downside is this can sometimes take awhile to fill up and players often quit when you...slash in a slasher movie game. 😂

Quick Play (aka Quit Play) quitting works on cutting down the time.

It is still better than waiting hours through normal gameplay as a counselor.

Already have all badges, Tommy and Pamela tapes, Level 150, 99% for achievements and rolling for perks is pointless.

Obviously they won't adjust the final achievement and make it more reasonable.

I wouldn't mind offline bot matches counting towards 1,000 matches as Jason. It is what it is.

• Thanks 1

I’m just going to keep grinding till I get it. It sucks but It only matters as an accomplishment if I earn it, at least to me.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m just going to keep grinding till I get it. It sucks but It only matters as an accomplishment if I earn it, at least to me.

You arent the only one.

0.01% have it on the Xbox.

1,000 matches as Jason. I'm grinding for it even if the process of getting selected as Jason is like winning the lottery. 😄

On 6/22/2019 at 12:37 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

@mattshotcha

I did some testing yesterday. Tracking the average amount of times it takes to be selected as Jason.

Method used was to load up the game. Join Quick Play. Wait 1 minute or less to start a match. Right at the 5 second count down press UP on the directional pad.

If I was not Jason force quit the game skipping the Jason intro kill and restart it. Repeat the process until selected as Jason.

What I discovered is I had to do that about 10 times to play Jason 1 time. (30 minutes).

It takes 10 matches as Jason to get 1,000 matches achievement to go up by 1%. (3 hours and 30 minutes)

100 games as Jason to go up 10%. (35 hours)

I'm currently at 60%. 600 matches completed. I have 400 matches to complete for 100%.

Estimated time 140 hours if I continue in quickplay and quitting until I get Jason.

To save time private match grinding with LFG posts selecting myself as Jason 24/7 or trading off 1vs1 seems like a logical option. The downside is this can sometimes take awhile to fill up and players often quit when you...slash in a slasher movie game. 😂

Quick Play (aka Quit Play) quitting works on cutting down the time.

It is still better than waiting hours through normal gameplay as a counselor.

Already have all badges, Tommy and Pamela tapes, Level 150, 99% for achievements and rolling for perks is pointless.

Obviously they won't adjust the final achievement and make it more reasonable.

I wouldn't mind offline bot matches counting towards 1,000 matches as Jason. It is what it is.

If I'm not mistaken there is a flaw in the testing method here though. Staying in a lobby increases the probability of becoming Jason. So bouncing match to match is not the best bet. 

I'll do some further digging and get back to you on it to be sure.

Regardless, we aren't looking to shorten the requirements for this. It would be a slap in the face to all who earned it already, no matter how small a group that is. For offline, I don't think that's a possibility either as you can load up minimal counselors and just jam out matches. But like I said, let me dig around a bit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@mattshotcha

Thanks for the info Matt and taking the time to respond. 👍

I have stayed in lobbies for a few hours before. Here is what I have experienced.

New players just joining a lobby seem to have a better chance of playing as Jason compared to those that have waited their turn in a lobby for long time.

Have seen this in both quick play and private matches.

Sometimes players will get selected multiple times as Jason even if others have their preference set to Jason.

Noticed this last night in a private match. 1 player was Jason 5 times before I was Jason 1 time. No red mask on his name either.

Obviously quitting matches as a counselor to get Jason is not very fun compared to staying in a lobby.

For private matches it is possible to have 1vs1 matches and grind them out by taking turns as Jason. Using looking for group posts on Xbox.

Remember some old posts explaining that is what they did for PS4 too. To grind out part of the achievement.

If you didn't want 1vs1 easy achievement grinding you could set a required player limit.

Before a match could be started in quick play and private match.

4+ players needed to start a match as an example. 

• Like 1

I am at 520 matches as Counselor and only 56 (!!!) matches as Jason. I have been playing since release with 8 months of downtime with my preference set to Jason. Sigh.

• Like 1

I finally got the 1000 as Jason and therefore the PS4 platinum trophy just this week. On PS4 you have no way of tracking how many matches you have had unless you manually track them. Once I got to 500 I had to then jot down every time I played as Jason or it would have drove me mad.

My first match was Friday 13th 2017 when the physical disc came out. In those early days though I think of all the times I played as Jason and the host quit and therefore I didn't get the Jason match count, dedicated servers at least fixed that.

For this last 500 matches though I was able to accelerate them because I have a couple of friends and we have regularly played private matches. If it wasn't for that I would still be quite a way behind.

I'm now going to set counsellor and Jason as random and keep playing and enjoying it.

Good luck to you all in going for it

IMG_9A4CF11093FB-1.jpeg

• Like 1