Sir Jack

Let's cut to the chase: is the game dead?

12 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

I wasn't complaining anyway, I still have fun playing. When I manage log in, ofc

It's not about you, Sir Jack. These self appointed guardians take it upon themselves to browbeat anyone that complains. I don't know if it's because they just want the forums to be an echo chamber reflecting their own POV, or if they are just trying desperately to stave off their own disillusionment by lashing out at the dissent of others. 

Either way, it's pretty god damn annoying. They don't get to decide whether or not people are allowed to express their displeasure. I mean, I know the forum rules talks about avoiding general negativity, but that falls to the Mods to monitor, not this unruly mob of randos. 

That said, I should probably tone it back a bit before one of them goes whining to said moderators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I'm still trying to decide how people who are complaining about the people who are complaining meet the criteria of "constructive." I mean, it follows that if people complaining about their displeasure with a product they have purchased is not considered "constructive" then how can someone complaining about those people expressing said displeasure be considered constructive?

As you've apparently appointed yourself High Moral Guardian of what people are allowed to express, perhaps you can explain this to me. On the one hand, you say that people who complain should just quit the forum, quit the game, and/or just keep it to themselves. But couldn't the same be true of the people who are complaining about the people who are complaining about the game. To use your own parlance, could they not just "fuck off" themselves? Who asked for their input? Can they not just ignore these threads? 

Yet, for some reason, they feel compelled to complain about people who are complaining. How is that "constructive"? How is that adding anything of merit to a discussion?

Yes, I know, this whole thing is becoming meta at this point. I'm sure people are going to complain that I'm complaining about the people who are complaining about people who voice complaints. It's like complaints within complaints within complaints at this point. A veritable Inception of complaints. 

I’m not interested in being baited into a debate about what’s constructive or what’s a complaint for that matter. You can choose to see it as a conflict or hypocritical if you want too.

As for what people are allowed to express, they can express whatever they choose, then I get to respond or not as I choose. I don’t believe in morality, so having a debate about it would be silly, ethics is a better system. Morality implies that it’s handed down from a higher power, and I guess that means I could take it as a compliment so, thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

It's not about you, Sir Jack. These self appointed guardians take it upon themselves to browbeat anyone that complains. I don't know if it's because they just want the forums to be an echo chamber reflecting their own POV, or if they are just trying desperately to stave off their own disillusionment by lashing out at the dissent of others. 

Either way, it's pretty god damn annoying. They don't get to decide whether or not people are allowed to express their displeasure. I mean, I know the forum rules talks about avoiding general negativity, but that falls to the Mods to monitor, not this unruly mob of randos. 

That said, I should probably tone it back a bit before one of them goes whining to said moderators. 

Nah, there is freedom of speech.
"Don't worry. Be Happy" :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quinn FTW said:

I'm still trying to decide how people who are complaining about the people who are complaining meet the criteria of "constructive." I mean, it follows that if people complaining about their displeasure with a product they have purchased is not considered "constructive" then how can someone complaining about those people expressing said displeasure be considered constructive?

As you've apparently appointed yourself High Moral Guardian of what people are allowed to express, perhaps you can explain this to me. On the one hand, you say that people who complain should just quit the forum, quit the game, and/or just keep it to themselves. But couldn't the same be true of the people who are complaining about the people who are complaining about the game. To use your own parlance, could they not just "fuck off" themselves? Who asked for their input? Can they not just ignore these threads? 

Yet, for some reason, they feel compelled to complain about people who are complaining. How is that "constructive"? How is that adding anything of merit to a discussion?

Yes, I know, this whole thing is becoming meta at this point. I'm sure people are going to complain that I'm complaining about the people who are complaining about people who voice complaints. It's like complaints within complaints within complaints at this point. A veritable Inception of complaints. 

Because the entirety of the post has no merit and doesn’t bring anything constructive to the game....

complaining about things you want to see fixed is one thing...Trolling the community is another....

Coming to the official forums to ask “Is the game Dead” is literally the definition of a Troll topic thread....

it’s ridiculous and meant to antagonize the player base....We Troll...Trolls here better get used to it.

19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m not interested in being baited into a debate about what’s constructive or what’s a complaint for that matter. You can choose to see it as a conflict or hypocritical if you want too.

As for what people are allowed to express, they can express whatever they choose, then I get to respond or not as I choose. I don’t believe in morality, so having a debate about it would be silly, ethics is a better system. Morality implies that it’s handed down from a higher power, and I guess that means I could take it as a compliment so, thank you. 

You can take it however you want. I have no control over your reaction to what I've said. Which is basically my point, I think.

As to your repeated use of "I'm not going to debate x, y, or z" in various threads, I'm not sure that means to you what you think it means. If this is not a debate, then how would characterize it? A series of one-sided declarative statements? An exercise in avoiding the appearance of engagement, while simultaneously engaging? Or, perhaps you simply mean that our informal discussion lacks the structure of a formalized debate. On that last, I would 100% agree. On the rest, that's dependent upon the strength of your own cognitive dissonance. 

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Because the entirety of the complaining post has no merit and doesn’t bring anything constructive to the game.... 

Coming to the official forums to ask Is the game is Dead is literally the definition of a Troll topic thread....

it’s ridiculous and meant to antagonize the player base....We Troll...Trolls here better get used to it.

He who trolleth last trolleth bestest?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

He who trolleth last trolleth bestest?

More like ...”You Reap What You Sow..”

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

More like ...”You Reap What You Sow..”

Is it the whirlwind? Please tell me it's the whirlwind.

I love it when people get biblical. It makes me all tingly in my nether regions. 

Besides, me complaining about the people who complain about the people who complain about the game is no more or less legitimate than the people who complain about me complaining about the people who complain about the people who complain about the game. To complain about them just adds another layer to the giant onion of complaints, and really accomplishes nothing. So, in that regard, I guess we're on pretty much the same page? 

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Quinn FTW, You want to be a troll, have fun with that. I’ve already told you what you can do... twice. 

Right back at you, sweetheart

• Haha 1

It still has a few people around on various systems (Though far less than the first six months) so its no completely dead but its definitely on life support. In terms of any REAL improvement or long tern future success of the game, yea  its dead as hell.  It most likely won't last another year. 

1. IT has just about as many problems as it had at launch. 

2.  They refuse to improve on any of the sluggish, crappy game mechanics

3.  Jason's grab is the most pathetic thing Ive seen gaming history

4.  One swing from a counselor does more damage to Jason than one slash from Jason to a counselor. 

5.  Its much tougher to find a lobby in QP. 

Just BASIC things they could have improved on a long time ago, and they  never did anything about it.   And honestly, people play games to PLAY games.  They don't want to wait around for a game to end after they die.   You expect a loyal fanbase when they have to sit around and wait for a damn game to end? Pleaseee.     Thats always been an issue with this game.  

7 hours ago, HELL said:

I got this game on xbox last week and I havent stopped playing since then it is my fav game and it probably wont leave that spot for a while. I dont know what makes me want to play but it is just fun and I cant stop..... I think I might need help.

This generation of consoles, have far less quality games than the 360/PS3 era.  So thats part of it.  Graphics are better but quality of games, this era is lacking BIG TIME.  There were HUNDREDS of good games 10-15 years ago.  This era has produced maybe only a handful of good ones with limited replay value 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Right back at you, sweetheart

I’m starting to think you should start a fan club for me, 😝

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m starting to think you should start a fan club for me, 😝

Yeah. I'm gonna get right on that.  SOON (tm).

39 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

“So you are saying there’s a Chance!!”

definitely seems like you are after @Slasher_Clone attention.....hmmm...you could almost say you are bringing the “Thunder”

@Kodiak 

@NthnButAGoodTime

@JPops

Please lock or delete this useless trolling thread.....we all know the game isn’t Dead....

• Like 1

Looks like the tension in this topic is a bit on the thick side. I should grab the tension cutting knife, I mean machete.

To the OP and like-minded, the game is hanging on. It is not quite dead. It is having a massive heart attack, but the player base is still shocking it back to life. Stand clear, the chest paddles are on the way.

@tyrant666, it could be worse. It could be an update, about an update, about an update.

@Sir Jack, I'll have to listen to some Bobby McFerrin now. Thanks for the inspiration.

@undrtkr, as long as I play this game, I am not frustrated, yet. Perhaps disappointed is a better word.

@DontZzz34, people can and will leave, regardless of a timetable on fixes. How many leave, and how fast does not matter. Focus on the ones that stick around to continue supporting the game with their presence. Enjoy their company for as long as you can.

@Quinn FTW and @Slasher_Clone, the next round is on me. Pick your poison and maybe talk it out one on one?

@DorianRo, there were hundreds of good games that go back longer than that. Also, people play games for more reasons than "because they can".

@OCT 31 1978, I see what you did there. Very clever.

To those who are completely frustrated with the game, perhaps it is time to move on, or take a break. For those that stay, we will be toasting marshmallows and telling scary tales by the fire. Tonight's tale will be about the boogeyman, and the heroic woman that fought like hell to take him down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

“So you are saying there’s a Chance!!”

definitely seems like you are after @Slasher_Clone attention.....hmmm...you could almost say you are bringing the “Thunder”

I'm not sure where you're getting that idea. I had said my piece before they even posted here. I was even mirthful. Go back and take another look. 

I was playful. I wasn't the one calling people dumbasses and telling them to fuck off. 

If the mods do decide to lock or delete this thread, so be it. But I didn't start this shit show. So don't go laying this on me starting trouble.

1 hour ago, Quinn FTW said:

I’m fond of purple, bonus points for working that in.

26 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I'm not sure where you're getting that idea. I had said my piece before they even posted here. I was even mirthful. Go back and take another look. 

I was playful. I wasn't the one calling people dumbasses and telling them to fuck off. 

If the mods do decide to lock or delete this thread, so be it. But I didn't start this shit show. So don't go laying this on me starting trouble.

I’m not the one who decided my comment applies to you, you did.

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m not the one who decided my comment applies to you, you did.

They didn't apply to me. They were simply rude and uncalled for. 

And I still stand by my assertion that the only thing less than constructive than someone complaining about the game is a person complaining about the people who complain about the game. 

As they say, "If the shoe fits."

Or is it "When in Rome"? I get those confused.

Either way, I'm going to have to put any further discussion off until the morrow. Assuming the mods don't lock or delete this thread.

Sleep tight!

Just now, Quinn FTW said:

They didn't apply to me. They were simply rude and uncalled for. 

And I still stand by my assertion that the only thing less than constructive than someone complaining about the game is a person complaining about the people who complain about the game. 

As they say, if the shoe fits...

Who’s calling the kettle black, telling me how I should express myself? You enjoying the view from your equally ridiculous moral high ground? 

It also happens to be very constructive, as Oct said... “We troll the trolls”.

“If the shoe fits, it probably means my foot isn’t the first one getting jammed in there,” (s), is that how it goes?

• Like 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Who’s calling the kettle black, telling me how I should express myself? You enjoying the view from your equally ridiculous moral high ground? 

It also happens to be very constructive, as Oct said... “We troll the trolls”.

“If the shoe fits, it probably means my foot isn’t the first one getting jammed in there,” (s), is that how it goes?

I'm going to have to take this up with you at another time. I'm tired, and, as a rule, I don't lose sleep arguing with randos on the internet. 

I'm not claiming any moral high ground here. As I said in a previous post, it was only a matter of time until someone complained about me complaining about the people that complain about the people who complain about the game.

I'm surprised it took you so long to make that counter-argument. But, the key is that you got there. 

Maybe the real ridiculous moral high ground was the friends we made along the way. 

Good night, "friend"

I’m bored with the game to be frank. I’ll still pop it in to play a few games on the weekends, but I don’t try nearly as hard as I did half a year ago and my gameplay is suffering because of it. I was Jason two rounds in a row recently. Got one person in the first, two in the second and got killed by a squeeker. Some adult in the lobby kept trying to anger me with insults but he failed miserably. I just flat out didn’t care. Congratulated the kid for a job well done, played a few more games with the group and then called it a night. It isn’t just me either. Everybody that I normally play with are burned out. Right now our group interest is mostly with World War Z. 

Criticism and shit-talking are two different things.

Criticism: The glitches from last year are 

As long as there are players playing it, the game is not dead.

Is the game dead?

The answer may surprise you (probably not though). 

It's not. Thread closed :)

• Like 3