Sir Jack

Let's cut to the chase: is the game dead?

200 people online yesterday.Bugs not being fixed. And just joining the database has become a difficult task...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

200 people online yesterday.Bugs not being fixed. And just joining the database has become a difficult task...

The database issue is making people think the game is down. Doesn't surprise me that numbers would be that low. Lots have also just put the game on hold due to all the current issues my self included. Fingers crossed we get that new hotfix sometime this week and can actually start to play again.

Well...just think about what to expect today.

An update about...updates.

6 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well...just think about what to expect today.

An update about...updates.

Did they say that Beyond will be about Friday today? I know they have been all about LoF2 lately since that just released.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Are people still playing?

Yes.

Game is not dead.

You are right;  the Game is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do: go through its clothes and look for loose change.

• Like 1

It sure feels like its on life support. Really hard to get a full match going lately. The database connection issue has lots of people thinking the game has been down.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

You are right;  the Game is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do: go through its clothes and look for loose change.

“It’s Alive !!! Alive !!!”

People have been talking about the game being Dead for over a year!! To those peopleNews flash it’s still going!!

players will leave and come back depending on their experiences, other games being released...or are waiting for new patches/updates... so expect the player base to rise and fall......

untill the severs shut down and offline is all that is left to us it will continue on...

• Like 1

This stopped being silly a long time ago, now it’s just “look who’s being a dumbass this week.”

If you think the game is dead move on. Your hurt feelings aren’t worth the time to humour any longer. No matter how bad Gun is at their job, those of you who spend the time and energy to be petty for months on end rather than just getting over it, you’re infinitely worse than the pubs you despise. 

If you don’t have anything constructive to add.... fuck off.

I look forward to all the sad faces I’m bound to get, 😘.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I got this game on xbox last week and I havent stopped playing since then it is my fav game and it probably wont leave that spot for a while. I dont know what makes me want to play but it is just fun and I cant stop..... I think I might need help.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, HELL said:

I got this game on xbox last week and I havent stopped playing since then it is my fav game and it probably wont leave that spot for a while. I dont know what makes me want to play but it is just fun and I cant stop..... I think I might need help.

Lol, I still feel that way.

We all might need help...

4 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

It's been hovering between 200 - 400 people for over a year now. In my opinion the game is not dead until Gun media shuts the servers down. As long as they are doing bug fixes it isn't dead. Just because there are low player numbers doesn't mean its dead. I played a few rounds yesterday for instance. Seemed alive to me.

• Like 1

It's still a lot of fun to play, when it works.  The frustration I have is that we're two years after the release, and it's really not much more playable now than it was then.  In some respects, we've actually LOST functionality.

Two years in and still buggier than the inside of oogie boogie... Indie game or not, this is unacceptable. Mother is very disappointed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

It's still a lot of fun to play, when it works.  The frustration I have is that we're two years after the release, and it's really not much more playable now than it was then.  In some respects, we've actually LOST functionality.

We are ALL frustrated with it....including Gun Media.

2 hours ago, HELL said:

yes, you might need help...kicking jason's ass! add me: glowing ooze

The truth is if they don’t get this game fixed soon then some players are gonna leave the game due to the problems (some already have). The game is in a critical period to get fixed asap

I'M more pissed off and upset with the player base than the bugs . I posted a story of my 150 adult group yesterday and we really don't need to get into the rest of the horror stories of playing random or with groups that just get bored . I tried a few quick games before bed last night and it was impossible to enjoy . 

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This stopped being silly a long time ago, now it’s just “look who’s being a dumbass this week.”

If you think the game is dead move on. Your hurt feelings aren’t worth the time to humour any longer. No matter how bad Gun is at their job, those of you who spend the time and energy to be petty for months on end rather than just getting over it, you’re infinitely worse than the pubs you despise. 

Don't mince words; tell us how you really feel. 

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol Relax mate

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Careful... don't want to say something mean and hurt somebodys pwecious wittle feewings...

Ah, fuck 'em, they'll get over it. No, the game is NOT dead, and I really get sick of seeing stupid shit like "The game is dead", "They may as well shut down the servers", "R.I.P. F13:TG" and my personal favorite, "The games too broken/boring to play".

If that's how you feel, you need to pack your shit and leave the forum. You are doing absolutely nothing to help the situation.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Don't mince words; tell us how you really feel. 

I did... last part of the second to last line. 

22 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Lol Relax mate

I am, I said what I wanted to say about it.

19 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Careful... don't want to say something mean and hurt somebodys pwecious wittle feewings...

Ah, fuck 'em, they'll get over it. No, the game is NOT dead, and I really get sick of seeing stupid shit like "The game is dead", "They may as well shut down the servers", "R.I.P. F13:TG" and my personal favorite, "The games too broken/boring to play".

If that's how you feel, you need to pack your shit and leave the forum. You are doing absolutely nothing to help the situation.

I couldn’t agree more.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I did... last part of the second to last line. 

I'm still trying to decide how people who are complaining about the people who are complaining meet the criteria of "constructive." I mean, it follows that if people complaining about their displeasure with a product they have purchased is not considered "constructive" then how can someone complaining about those people expressing said displeasure be considered constructive?

As you've apparently appointed yourself High Moral Guardian of what people are allowed to express, perhaps you can explain this to me. On the one hand, you say that people who complain should just quit the forum, quit the game, and/or just keep it to themselves. But couldn't the same be true of the people who are complaining about the people who are complaining about the game. To use your own parlance, could they not just "fuck off" themselves? Who asked for their input? Can they not just ignore these threads? 

Yet, for some reason, they feel compelled to complain about people who are complaining. How is that "constructive"? How is that adding anything of merit to a discussion?

Yes, I know, this whole thing is becoming meta at this point. I'm sure people are going to complain that I'm complaining about the people who are complaining about people who voice complaints. It's like complaints within complaints within complaints at this point. A veritable Inception of complaints. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wasn't complaining anyway, I still have fun playing. When I manage log in, ofc