I'm sure most here will have no problem remember the game Psychonauts .Well, after years of waiting, Psychonauts 2 is coming to us! :D Maybe.  :wacko: The game is being crowdfunded, but not on Kickstarter, on a new (?) site called fig.co and is a little over a third funded! Helkp this amazing game come to fruition! I definitely will be!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

• Like 1

This was one of my favorite platform games of the PS2/Xbox era. I'm so stoked to get a sequel to this game, and might even load up the original this weekend and play through it again. This has been a great year for crowdfunded awesomeness.

My Ex loved this game.  I don't know what he saw in it.  lol.  A new crowdfunding site!?  Wow, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days!  

• Like 1

My Ex loved this game.  I don't know what he saw in it.  lol.  A new crowdfunding site!?  Wow, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days!  

Not surprising. Is there anything easier to produce money than just hosting a page and taking 5-10% of the overall pledge money the campaign earns? Ebay started the idea in a micro level, but man the money crowdfunding earns the sites is insane for such a small amount of actual work.

• Like 1

This was one of my favorite platform games of the PS2/Xbox era. I'm so stoked to get a sequel to this game, and might even load up the original this weekend and play through it again. This has been a great year for crowdfunded awesomeness.

Right? I'm so excited about this game! :D

It was quirky, adorable, and enjoyable. Plus you had psychic powers. :) LoL

• Like 1

Psychonauts is one of my all time favorite games but I only dipped my feet in their campaign. It is slated for so far out, I understand why but it's kind of sad. When I read the news they were doing this, my jaw hit the floor though :)

• Like 1

Psychonauts is one of my all time favorite games but I only dipped my feet in their campaign. It is slated for so far out, I understand why but it's kind of sad. When I read the news they were doing this, my jaw hit the floor though :)

Funny enough, I was the same way for a really long time. I bought the game when it released but only made it through the first two or three levels. It wasn't till like 4 years later that I ended up jumping back in and playing all the way through it on the X360. I loved it though. Tim Shaffer has such a keen writing style for games. Subtle wit and funny characters are his calling card in game design at this point. It's gonna be a long wait for my collectors edition of that game, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. 

i for myself dont care at all for the game, neither the originor nor the upcoming second installment....

Fig is a different type of crowd funding. Kickstarter uses rewards in exchange for donations. Fig is more for investors. It recently lowered standards but before you had to be a verified investor worth some ridiculous amount in assets. With the recent policy changes people like you and I can invest as long as its over the minimum amount set by the project. Investors will be paid a percentage set forth when investing. More games sold bigger return you will see.

• Like 1

Fig is a different type of crowd funding. Kickstarter uses rewards in exchange for donations. Fig is more for investors. It recently lowered standards but before you had to be a verified investor worth some ridiculous amount in assets. With the recent policy changes people like you and I can invest as long as its over the minimum amount set by the project. Investors will be paid a percentage set forth when investing. More games sold bigger return you will see.

Fig actually does both now. People can choose to do a large sum to invest and receive dividends back or choose a reward like a regular crowdfunding campaign. Psychonauts has about 12 different reward tiers to choose from and a few add-on options like a t-shirt of the camp the game is set at. In fact, i'm willing to bet the majority of the $2.7mil they've raised at this point is from the reward tiers rather than investors considering the first three reward options have over 10,000 pledges combined.