So i know I’m in the minority but I like this map. Do you think the reason why people hate it because the escape items are so far away from their goals? Do you think If they had make them to spawn in a  closer range it would be more popular?

5 minutes ago, shodan said:

So i know I’m in the minority but I like this map. Do you think the reason why people hate it because the escape items are so far away from their goals? Do you think If they had make them to spawn in a  closer range it would be more popular?

People hate pinehurst map because it’s so damn big. You pretty much have to run a tiffany or Vanessa with marathon on to get around that place. 

I happen to love Pinehurst is a great map you can still use the main House to Juke the Hell out of Jason if needed....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I happen to love Pinehurst is a great map you can still use the main House to Juke the Hell out of Jason if needed....

Main house is really good for hiding. It’s quite hilarious watching Jason looking around forever not finding me

• Like 1

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

Main house is really good for hiding. It’s quite hilarious watching Jason looking around forever not finding me

Definitely! I literally was crouched in the corner by the dining room for 4 minutes watching Jason go in and out the side door trying to use sense to find my location...lol

52 minutes ago, shodan said:

I don’t think moving the item spawns will effect how the map is perceived by the majority of the players, personally I like it and don’t have much trouble running around it with Mitch. 

The maps size and the fact that the car will likely be at the top of the map, while the battery ends up in Mullholland is ridiculous. 

Get a Part 8 Jason, and you ain't taking the boat out.  The distance needed to boat out is long and the waterways are narrow.  Sure you can get back to the shore before being drowned, but you're still not going to get the boat out to escape.

It's not even fun as Jason because any competent Jason will 8/8 the entire lobby, every time. 

I love Pinehurst and Jarvis House maps BECAUSE they are so big, The rounds in them are chaotic and long and it is much harder to escape and I prefer it that way. Much better than 1000000th round on Packanack Small that either ends in 5 minutes or the timer runs out because someone glitched on the roof.

• Like 1

The only objective I try to push on Jarvis or Pinehurst is killing Jason. It's the least risky way to survive on either map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind Jarvis House, but if I have to play Pinehurst, I prefer doing it as Jason. If it's any Jason other than 7 or 8 I'll usually go for the boat or the cops (though SC IS correct; killing Jason is the safest way to win on those two maps).

22 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Definitely! I literally was crouched in the corner by the dining room for 4 minutes watching Jason go in and out the side door trying to use sense to find my location...lol

I like doing this at Jarvis map to. The Jarvis residence has a lot of hiding spots as well. Surviving the night at Pinehurst and Jarvis house are two great places to do it. You can play a lot of hide and seek lol

20 hours ago, SirMang said:

The maps size and the fact that the car will likely be at the top of the map, while the battery ends up in Mullholland is ridiculous. 

Exactly my point!  If you kept stuff in a reasonable area it would be fine.  

I wish the would make then items spawns totally random on the small maps

7 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

I don’t like Pinehurst because it just doesn’t have that Friday the 13th feel to it. 

Neither did the movie the map is based on.

• Haha 2

Best way to survive at Pinehurst is to just avoid doing objectives and just stockpile items and run the map. I find that to be boring. I get why people like it but it's not much fun in my opinion.

I think the map is fine. I prefer all the big maps. They should've kept the even bigger designs they had planned before launch. The small maps are trick or treat garbage that could've been better spent on anything else at that time.

They said awhile back they were looking into changing up locations of spawns, presumably cars and boats on the maps in one of those streams. Pinehurst could use some additional spawns.

Sometimes I think they just say things though to give the illusion that it might actually happen, when its not gonna happen ever.

Packanack could use a phone spawn in the Southern cabins on both versions. Jarvis House could use a phone spawn at either the vacation house or the Jarvis residence.

Pinehurst could use a car spawn right outside the main house. They did it with one of the singleplayer challenges. It only makes sense.

The small maps could use either a boat in place of the two seater or the removal of the two seater and make it so Jason only has to defend the 4 seater and the phone on each map to compensate for the lack of having powers as a car escapes before he even has shift.

On 6/4/2019 at 3:10 AM, Somethin Cool said:

The only objective I try to push on Jarvis or Pinehurst is killing Jason. It's the least risky way to survive on either map.

Killing Jason is the least risky way to survive on every map. 

Solid map for a counselors to hit objectives and hide off into the woods to not be spotted an entire game and survive the night . Sucks for Jasons though 

Pinehurst is not my favorite,  but it's ironic that I've survived the night there as much as I've died.  The only frustrating thing about Pinehurst is that everyone seems to quit it within the first 30 seconds, leaving a half lobby before any objectives can be completed.  I like the jarvis map simply because you do have room to move around for a while