Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Friday the 13th franchise on hold :(

So now that the lawsuit won’t get settled for another 2-3 years it looks like a movie, new content for the game, and a sequel to the game is out of the window. Currently, all us Friday the 13th fans have right now of the franchise is fan made films and this game. What I ask of GUN media is to please give us more frequent patches that have a lot of focus on fixing the game. It’s very critical the game gets fixed rather sooner then later because players are starting to get frustrated with the issues and are leaving the game. I don’t want to see servers get shut down and I want to see the game stay alive. I’m a die hard fan of the franchise and the game so now that we can’t get a new movie or game we at least need to make sure the game stays alive!! GUN media please fix the game as close to 100% bug free as possible to make the current players happy/bring players back to keep the game alive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They could do a lot of things to make the game fresh. Some fun weekend events Such as:

No perk weekend: Counslors can’t use parks & jasons strengths and weaknesses are removed. 

Cops only: no cars, just the phone box. Would provide a tough challenge for everyone. 

Random strengths & weaknesses for Jason. 

Lucky camper: a random counselor gets a bonus +2 to all stats across the board.

ect.

Some of the things are off the wall, but that’s exactly what we need. Something fresh. If it doesn’t work it’s no a big deal as it’s a random weekend only event.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

They could do a lot of things to make the game fresh. Some fun weekend events Such as:

No perk weekend: Counslors can’t use parks & jasons strengths and weaknesses are removed. 

Cops only: no cars, just the phone box. Would provide a tough challenge for everyone. 

Random strengths & weaknesses for Jason. 

Lucky camper: a random counselor gets a bonus +2 to all stats across the board.

ect.

Some of the things are off the wall, but that’s exactly what we need. Something fresh. If it doesn’t work it’s no a big deal as it’s a random weekend only event.

That’s an interesting idea. Anything like that would help keep the game fresh. Weekend events to mix things up in the game is great!! 

Well you never were getting new content for this game anyway despite anything you may have read anywhere. I never had one glimpse of hope for that. It's better to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if it happens rather than have hope then be terribly let down when it doesn't. I'm a pessimist though.

39 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well you never were getting new content for this game anyway despite anything you may have read anywhere. I never had one glimpse of hope for that. It's better to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if it happens rather than have hope then be terribly let down when it doesn't. I'm a pessimist though.

I was hoping a settlement was coming and GUN would decide to release content if it got settled. Not like I was expecting that to happen, I was just trying to be positive and hopeful. But of course now the entire franchise is on hold. Idk why they don’t wanna settle it. A new film could make millions of $

28 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I was hoping a settlement was coming and GUN would decide to release content if it got settled. Not like I was expecting that to happen, I was just trying to be positive and hopeful. But of course now the entire franchise is on hold. Idk why they don’t wanna settle it. A new film could make millions of $

Because both Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham both want to make millions.... and neither one wants to make less than the other or for one or the other to cut into their potential earnings ......

its sad because with the Horror movies killing it at the Box office we could easily see sequel city erupt again with the Franchise.... and that would mean both of these grumpy old men would be swimming in pools full of money 💰. Too bad they can’t see the bigger picture.

20 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Because both Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham both want to make millions.... and neither one wants to make less than the other or for one or the other to cut into their potential earnings ......

its sad because with the Horror movies killing it at the Box office we could easily see sequel city erupt again with the Franchise.... and that would mean both of these grumpy old men would be swimming in pools full of money 💰. Too bad they can’t see the bigger picture.

The bigger picture?

Victor Miller gets paid nothing or next to nothing at this point.

5 hours ago, SirMang said:

The bigger picture?

Victor Miller gets paid nothing or next to nothing at this point.

My point is, both could potentially make a ton of money....... that’s the Bigger Picture.

I like the idea about fixing the game. But it's already been two years, and with no new revenue coming in, I'm finding it increasingly unlikely. 

There are things I'd like to see happen. I'd love for this Database Login issue cleared up. I'd also like to have xp in offline mode, so that I can play with Offline Bots with something other than Part 3 and Savini. I'd like to see "Random" Jason in Bot Mode fixed so that you'd get something other than Part 3 or Part 5. 

But, again, I don't see it happening. I'm not saying "they took the money and ran." I'm just saying that without a source of revenue, I don't have any expectations that we're ever going to end up with a polished / "finished" version of this game.

6 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I like the idea about fixing the game. But it's already been two years, and with no new revenue coming in, I'm finding it increasingly unlikely. 

There are things I'd like to see happen. I'd love for this Database Login issue cleared up. I'd also like to have xp in offline mode, so that I can play with Offline Bots with something other than Part 3 and Savini. I'd like to see "Random" Jason in Bot Mode fixed so that you'd get something other than Part 3 or Part 5. 

But, again, I don't see it happening. I'm not saying "they took the money and ran." I'm just saying that without a source of revenue, I don't have any expectations that we're ever going to end up with a polished / "finished" version of this game.

With the switch release coming that will be more added revenue.... so there is some hope.

13 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

With the switch release coming that will be more added revenue.... so there is some hope.

Maybe. But I don't know how well this game is going to sell on Switch, especially given its reputation. It's not like it's a port of Skyrim. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't exactly count on it being a panacea at this point. Still, if you're hopeful, be hopeful.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

So now that the lawsuit won’t get settled for another 2-3 years it looks like a movie, new content for the game, and a sequel to the game is out of the window. Currently, all us Friday the 13th fans have right now of the franchise is fan made films and this game. What I ask of GUN media is to please give us more frequent patches that have a lot of focus on fixing the game. It’s very critical the game gets fixed rather sooner then later because players are starting to get frustrated with the issues and are leaving the game. I don’t want to see servers get shut down and I want to see the game stay alive. I’m a die hard fan of the franchise and the game so now that we can’t get a new movie or game we at least need to make sure the game stays alive!! GUN media please fix the game as close to 100% bug free as possible to make the current players happy/bring players back to keep the game alive. 

This i like and i feel the same way no new content fine but please give us a 98.9 % bug free game. That's all i ask all i ever wanted after the first lawsuit news maybe make the fuse house and cars spawn in different places rework the perks anything to change it up a bit.

4 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

They could do a lot of things to make the game fresh.

Some players already play specialized matches with restrictions the group agrees to.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That is the basis of most lawsuits. No one wants to have less than the other party. It's sad because the people in the middle get screwed either way.

55 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

This i like and i feel the same way no new content fine but please give us a 98.9 % bug free game. That's all i ask all i ever wanted after the first lawsuit news maybe make the fuse house and cars spawn in different places rework the perks anything to change it up a bit.

The best change up after fixing the bugs would be a monthly shake up of the spawn locations. That alone could keep the game fresh.

As for a 98.9% bug free game, that's asking a lot. I'd rather ask that things are fixed one at a time, and stay fixed.

• Like 2

I don't care if they ever make another Friday the 13th movie.  They'll probably just PC, diversify and screw them up anyway.  I've got my memories and plenty of them to watch.

Communication with the community costs nothing.

So there is zero excuse for that over the entire game's run. Can't hide behind a lawsuit or 'limited' budget for that one. The lack of information, miscommunication is probably one of the few consistent things the game has going for it.

People can get antsy over the negativity, but the reality is nobody has any idea what's going on and that's no good.

The last time they did 'anything' with the community was when Randy was still associated with the game back in early 2018 with the streams. Other than that, nada. The whole thing on Tuesday isn't even an every week thing (not even always F13) and at best, lasts one hour with VERY LITTLE actual information about anything other than 'high priority', 'low priority' stock answers. You wouldn't know about any sort of 'community' events or double XP until they might actually come out of thin air and when that happens...its a double XP event that should've been made permanent long ago to newer players incentive to want to stick around the playerbase.

So even then in the two years the game has been out, its either been a stream with Randy or a double XP event.

Not much creativity there.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Sleeved Biker that Sean is purposely dragging this out hoping that Victor will run out of money to pay a legal team and throw in the towel eventually. It is a common thing done in many law disputes over money.

13 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

After some time they should be able to get us close as possible to that 98% bug free game we all deserve. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t be able to finally have a bug free Friday the 13th game if they put enough effort forward to fixing things.

9 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

I don't care if they ever make another Friday the 13th movie.  They'll probably just PC, diversify and screw them up anyway.  I've got my memories and plenty of them to watch.

if a Friday the 13th movie was made today it could be really good if done right. Look at Halloween 2018. That movie was awesome! I see it could be the same for Friday! After all, Michael and Jason are both the GOATS when it comes to horror. It’s important Jason comes back to life in the movies. (At least we have him in the game and the game is currently alive) 

14 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I’m sure a lot of people would love to see the Friday movies come back. It’s a shame the franchise is currently on hold. 

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Communication with the community costs nothing.

So there is zero excuse for that over the entire game's run. Can't hide behind a lawsuit or 'limited' budget for that one. The lack of information, miscommunication is probably one of the few consistent things the game has going for it.

People can get antsy over the negativity, but the reality is nobody has any idea what's going on and that's no good.

The last time they did 'anything' with the community was when Randy was still associated with the game back in early 2018 with the streams. Other than that, nada. The whole thing on Tuesday isn't even an every week thing (not even always F13) and at best, lasts one hour with VERY LITTLE actual information about anything other than 'high priority', 'low priority' stock answers. You wouldn't know about any sort of 'community' events or double XP until they might actually come out of thin air and when that happens...its a double XP event that should've been made permanent long ago to newer players incentive to want to stick around the playerbase.

So even then in the two years the game has been out, its either been a stream with Randy or a double XP event.

Not much creativity there.

Facts right here

A part of the franchise we currently have that’s alive right now is the game, so it’s important the devs focus and keep the game alive. The Friday the 13th movie franchise isn’t coming back to us for awhile, but we still have a fun ass game to play. So, it should be high priority to keep the player base coming back and not pushing people away by frustrating players who experience bad bugs/glitches that ruin their game experience. (What’s been happening/what is currently happening, there’s several frustrated players) 

I’m getting tired of the devs “high priority” and “low priority” lists they have. Fixing the entire game and all the bugs should be the HIGH PRIORITY. It’s all we got left of Friday the 13th for now. They should keep that thought in their minds

• Like 2