Maybe it's just me but does anyone else feel like Savini Jason is severely overpowered? It seems like anytime I'm playing against one they have half the lobby killed in the first 4 minutes of the game, at which point objectives are borderline impossible to complete if they havent already been started. Even then, if you get the cops called or the car/boat repaired, Savini Jason is so strong that he can still seemingly catch you before you escape and kill you with ease. I don't know if he's just overpowered and needs to be changed or if maybe my playstyle just really screws me over when I'm competing against a Savini Jason. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter or maybe some advice or technique they can suggest when playing against one?

I have savini & I can tell you 2 major weaknesses he has. Water, & Shift.

dont get me wrong, his shift is a strength but if you use it against him it can be a crippling weakness. He shifts insanely fast & the slightest moment will really mess with him. The trick is don’t start changing direction until about a half second after he enters shift(assuming he’s not far behind you) with his fast shift he will be on you crazy fast,  you basically wanna make him think ur gonna continue in the same direction & then turn sharp and run left or right as he gets close to you. It’s gonna be hard for him to recover once he loses sight of you.

the next tip, KEEP HIM IN UR SIGHTS! I can’t stress that enough. Savini can shift for crazy distances at a fast rate. Nothing is more dangerous then a savini you can’t see. He can pretty much shift half way across the map & snatch somebody. He’s deadly from afar, but very weak up close once you learn to juke his ridiculously fast shift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisdahlia said:

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else feel like Savini Jason is severely overpowered? It seems like anytime I'm playing against one they have half the lobby killed in the first 4 minutes of the game, at which point objectives are borderline impossible to complete if they havent already been started. Even then, if you get the cops called or the car/boat repaired, Savini Jason is so strong that he can still seemingly catch you before you escape and kill you with ease. I don't know if he's just overpowered and needs to be changed or if maybe my playstyle just really screws me over when I'm competing against a Savini Jason. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter or maybe some advice or technique they can suggest when playing against one?

Savini Jason has some really good strengths with his + shift and + weapon strength and + destruction he also has neutral traps allowing for good coverage of objectives.....I don’t want any changes made to him he is good as is.

it’s all in how you play against him.

He still has the same weakness as any Jason......combat against groups obviously and not being able to be everywhere at once..... so working together really helps against him especially when trying to repair objectives getting him to focus on another player who can hold there own in the juking department is invaluable.

I would try flipping your play style when dealing with him... avoid him and hit objectives with someone well experienced either in repair or juking.

He can be aggressive but there is nothing wrong with a challenge... make him chase either you or your partner and either you or your partner repair make sure whoever is doing the repairs is good at it as not to alert him to what you are doing.

29 minutes ago, Chrisdahlia said:

Most Savini’s are 150, your best bet is to focus one objective, preferably the car. He’s actually really weak in the water but most maps have choke points that make chasing the boat a weak strategy, at high levels you just wait for them and get a free kill. So I prefer the car, try to get him to waste his Morph by pretending to off road but as soon as he appears on your map get back on the main path. 

Might write more later, got a game.

50 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

I have savini & I can tell you 2 major weaknesses he has. Water, & Shift.

dont get me wrong, his shift is a strength but if you use it against him it can be a crippling weakness. He shifts insanely fast & the slightest moment will really mess with him. The trick is don’t start changing direction until about a half second after he enters shift(assuming he’s not far behind you) with his fast shift he will be on you crazy fast,  you basically wanna make him think ur gonna continue in the same direction & then turn sharp and run left or right as he gets close to you. It’s gonna be hard for him to recover once he loses sight of you.

the next tip, KEEP HIM IN UR SIGHTS! I can’t stress that enough. Savini can shift for crazy distances at a fast rate. Nothing is more dangerous then a savini you can’t see. He can pretty much shift half way across the map & snatch somebody. He’s deadly from afar, but very weak up close once you learn to juke his ridiculously fast shift.

This is actually really helpful, I'm gonna give this a try thank you

See the problem I keep having is that once he's on me, I'm screwed. I enjoy a good challenge but this seems to be one I can't beat. It doesn't help that I seem to always end up in garbage lobbies with players who can't seem to do any objectives. Maybe I would have more luck playing in a party.

29 minutes ago, Chrisdahlia said:

See the problem I keep having is that once he's on me, I'm screwed. I enjoy a good challenge but this seems to be one I can't beat. It doesn't help that I seem to always end up in garbage lobbies with players who can't seem to do any objectives. Maybe I would have more luck playing in a party.

If you’re on PS4 send me a friend request same name and spelling. I have Savini and can give you some practice or just team up for some games if we’re on at the same time. 

@Chrisdahlia, the advice I give is the same for any Jason. Watch what the player does, and adapt accordingly. Even the best Jason has a weakness in their strategy, just as the best counselors do as well.

in Order to counter a savini Jason you need to get really good at dodging shift grabs. When they’re shifting at you, never run in a straight line. Zig zag them and make it difficult for them to grab you. Also if you use a high stamina counselor with 6+ speed you can jog them around the map forever. I like keeping a savini in my view and I’ll just jog right in front of them while keeping in mind to try and block/dodge throwing knives. And while I keep an eye on them I’ll see when they shift and run the opposite way when I think they’re about to grab, this way they grab forward when really ur running the complete opposite direction. Then when u get low on stamina hop in a window, regain stamina, and juke them around again. 

It is quite easy to rush objectives against Savini Jason actually. When you see him shift outside of buildings either run a bit forward and then change directions OR run around something (fence, car etc.) his shift is so fast and sensitive that he will have trouble maneuvering around stuff. This also means his shift is very very hard to control inside buildings.

5 hours ago, Chrisdahlia said:

I play against a really good Savini all the time, and have played against him more times than I can remember. I have a very low survival rate against him, but he is very good. I'm no slouch, but I have the same issue where when he sees me I'm dead about 85% of the time. I learn from my mistakes pretty well, early game his destruction will put pressure on but without shift you can distance him and he will probably move on till shift becomes available. As others have said from long distance he is deadly, there are these moments where I can't see him but something makes me uneasy so I'll start moving in odd patterns and i've had success dodging his stalk/shift combos. Sometimes there will be a weird fluttering noise, or the camera will zoom slightly towards my character. He is dreadfully slow from what I'm told, so he heavily relies on shift. So try to keep moving, don't stand still for to long if you're out in the open and can't see him. Good luck!

Shifting inside of buildings is not as difficult as you think, as Savini.  Ever heard of “Strafe-shifting”?  Of course you haven't!  Here. Take a look: 

• Thanks 1

3 Hits to Demask with Buggzy with no Damage Perks, and a Machete. Need I say more? OK call for Tommy. Thick Skin + Medic + Marathon. There I said it. Go for the KILL!!

• Sad 1

Most players that have him are old players that are maxed out. He is extremely slow and his pitchfork gets stuck on anything it hits. Use that to your advantage. But remember almost any Jason that is 150 and actually plays the game is going to hard to go up against. 

i use machete with my savini, and i use stalk a lot. on pc at the time i play i rarely see a group that give me a hard time anymore tbh i usually mess around and still get 7/7 or 8/8. i stop tommy quite frequently. a few nights ago had a kill group just leave the match after they realized they weren't going to kill me lol

Seems to just pop up out of no where and grab you. Long weapon and cool down on shift, morph far too short. 

Savini still has normal Morph. So try to communicate to you team to NOT engage objectives until you can all rush them at a similar time. Like put the battery in as you put the propellar on as you put the phone fuse in. Preferably all at the same time but you could juke him to another objective if you need him off your team. Like intentionally screw up the phone repair then run so he'll get off the people going for the car. He can only morph so much and a decent team can fix an objective before he has Morph back.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:29 AM, Dead Meme said:

Shifting inside of buildings is not as difficult as you think, as Savini.  Ever heard of “Strafe-shifting”?  Of course you haven't!  Here. Take a look:

I would love to know how to do this on Mouse and Keyboard.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Savini still has normal Morph. So try to communicate to you team to NOT engage objectives until you can all rush them at a similar time. Like put the battery in as you put the propellar on as you put the phone fuse in. Preferably all at the same time but you could juke him to another objective if you need him off your team. Like intentionally screw up the phone repair then run so he'll get off the people going for the car. He can only morph so much and a decent team can fix an objective before he has Morph back.

This is a good strategy for groups. A well-correlated team effort can ruin a Savini's day real quick. No matter how OP people think he is, he can only be one place at a time, and an experienced group of people who work together often can negate his strengths.

While on the other side of the token; in a one-on-one tunneling situation, a Savini controlled by a good player who knows how to play to his strengths can be more menacing than all of them. He's a high-pressure Jason who will test your endurance (quickly). If he catches up to you early on when you haven't found any helpful items, and you're not particularly good at juking shift, you won't last long against a Savini if the player knows what they're doing. That said, I've kited several Savini's for half the round when I've been lucky enough to find a bat/axe and any combo of a pocketknife/spray/fireworks before he locks onto me.

If Savini Jason is chasing you you have to stay as still as possible to recover Stamina and hide behind walls or furniture to make it harder for him to find you with Shift inside a building. Otherwise run him around a table near a window or hide under a bed in a room with alot of beds. Never try to jump out of a window when he shifts at you, depending on if you have a good angle he won't be able to knife you out of Shift so just climb through

I've killed 2 Savini Jason's, made one's but clench. His. HP wasn't low enough for him to get on his knees. Still offering a $50 psn gift card for anyone with Savini Jason willing to help me get mine.

Part 7 and 8 have the best map mobility when factoring in water and no negative Morph, Shift and fast water speed. They take the crown over Savini in that area.

Savini can clean house anywhere and everywhere, especially on the shit small maps, but he's still slow off of land in the big maps.

I don't see him much anymore unless its a russian server with russian infinite shift cheaters. I feel like most of the backers stopped playing the game in the states or just don't play as him anymore. Every once and awhile I'll see a Savini.