Strigoi

Time Has Come To ask Sean Cunningham to Shop The Game to a New Developer and Design team.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:16 AM, jade said:

sadly i've seen parents wanting to be 'the cool mom or dad' who let underage kids play M-Rated games.There's too much of that going on.But yeah,the environment kids are raised in is not always good.I grew up in an abusive home,that's why i have no contact with my mom anymore.My half-sister has been avoiding my mom for a good 15 years because of it.It is what it is.

I know all about toxic families. Ny parents never were abusive, physically or emotionally but my sisters on the other have always been emotionally abusive towards me. I don't talk to them. In all honesty, once my mom dies, I'm on my own as i disown them and stop claiming to have sisters.

@Slasher_Clone I've gotten four episodes done. I'm still working, faster than GRRM i might add.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sedaiv said:

I know all about toxic families. Ny parents never were abusive, physically or emotionally but my sisters on the other have always been emotionally abusive towards me. I don't talk to them. In all honesty, once my mom dies, I'm on my own as i disown them and stop claiming to have sisters.

@Slasher_Clone I've gotten four episodes done. I'm still working, faster than GRRM i might add.

A lot faster, I’m still looking forward to reading it.

PS. If you do disown your siblings, waiting till after your parents pass is what I did as well. Haven’t spoken to them in years and feel nothing but good about it. Family doesn’t have to be blood, my Gf’s family treats me far better than mine ever did. 

On 6/4/2019 at 7:16 AM, jade said:

sadly i've seen parents wanting to be 'the cool mom or dad' who let underage kids play M-Rated games.There's too much of that going on.But yeah,the environment kids are raised in is not always good.I grew up in an abusive home,that's why i have no contact with my mom anymore.My half-sister has been avoiding my mom for a good 15 years because of it.It is what it is.

I’m sorry to hear that Jade, growing up in an abusive home sucks. We’ll be your adopted family here at camp blood. 

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

A lot faster, I’m still looking forward to reading it.

PS. If you do disown your siblings, waiting till after your parents pass is what I did as well. Haven’t spoken to them in years and feel nothing but good about it. Family doesn’t have to be blood, my Gf’s family treats me far better than mine ever did. 

I’m sorry to hear that Jade, growing up in an abusive home sucks. We’ll be your adopted family here at camp blood. 

Posted, i also linked you

This game will eventually need a High definition remake.

in about 4 or 5 years after the Lawsuit is settled i think us fans could expect to see a bigger company create a full campaign single player and multiplayer online gaming full friday the 13th game.

I Really think Rock Star North could do a better job with friday the 13th.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

in about 4 or 5 years after the Lawsuit is settled i think us fans could expect to see a bigger company create a full campaign single player and multiplayer online gaming full friday the 13th game.

I don’t think rockstar would’ve kept the game near as original as GUN did. The counselors being based off characters from the movie, using original voices like Thom Mathews, using Kane Hodder as Jason, the maps also are original and looks like the movie. Packanack, Vacation, Jarvis res, Pinehurst homes all look like it came directly from the movie. This game really looks like Friday the 13th and they did a damn good job at making it look original. 

I just wish they could add new content and actually fix the game.

7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Our best case scenario would be a different company making a new F13 game from scratch. I think any number of companies (including Rockstar) could surprise us with what they could come up with. All we can do is wait until the lawsuit is fully resolved, and see what the future holds down the road.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 12:33 PM, Strigoi said:

After The Lawsuit is settled.

us fans need to petition sean cunningham to shop the Friday the 13th title to Rockstar Games North or some other bigger extreme game design studio.

Gunmedia originally promised that Friday the 13th the game would be the beast of all friday the 13th games and that it would cover Manhattan,Pamela Voorhees and other charachters.

This Game was supposed to be The Friday the 13th game of Friday the 13th games.

We Need To Petition and ask Sean Cunningham for a Friday the 13th part 2 game with a bigger budgeted designer studio.

How a Full Campain story mode single player offline could work. 1 player could choose to be a counselor or Jason and Counquer each campground and version of Jason for each campground.

1 single player could choose to stalk counselors also as pamela voorhees or as Jason. special unlocks are made available for each campground that you take over as a counselor or as jason or pamela.

a special cabin for each single player counselor where they can put clothing and Jasons masks.

Daytime exploration mystery mode for counselors to go to the counselor teaining center where they can practice driving the car around the map.

MAPS THAT WERE LEFT OUT OF THE GAME  Part 6 Camp Forest Green,Part 7 Shepherds House map,Part 8 Manhattan.

Charachters that must be added to a Friday the 13th part 2 game are Pamela Voorhees,Reggie,Creighton Duke,Biker Gang from part 3,

The game never should've been made by such a experience lacking team.

18 hours ago, AeronSky said:

The game would never have been made if not for Gun Media....

no other developers were waiting in line to make Friday the 13th the game......It’s been over 30 years since Jason was in a video game.... and this one is a love letter to the fans and the franchise....

You actually play as Jason with all his amazing looks through out the best of the franchises films and Not to mention the game highlights almost all his glorious kills from the films as well...

the game is far from perfect but it is fun as hell to play issues and all.

So I disagree with your statement...

Gun’s problem with the game is not putting  enough resources into testing and fixing the bugs in the code....not the design of the game or the gameplay or the atmosphere or the music or the assets/ character models....etc.....

I think you get my point.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AeronSky said:

If people don't take a risk and step outside of their comfort zone, they never know what they will be capable of.

Some of the best products that exist today were rough around the edges in the beginning. This one is just a bit rougher than others at the moment.

@OCT 31 1978, another issue is that the developers could not have anticipated half of the unusual things players are doing in this game.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, Fair Play said:

If people don't take a risk and step outside of their comfort zone, they never know what they will be capable of.

Some of the best products that exist today were rough around the edges in the beginning. This one is just a bit rougher than others at the moment.

@OCT 31 1978, another issue is that the developers could not have anticipated half of the unusual things players are doing in this game.

But this is a video game and for a development team that makes videos games they can either make or break you. Also don't imply that this game will become one of the best video games, because with how much progress has happened in the game, the state of the game will be as on of the best games. Also the "best products" had more capable staff behind them.

3 hours ago, AeronSky said:

But this is a video game and for a development team that makes videos games they can either make or break you. Also don't imply that this game will become one of the best video games, because with how much progress has happened in the game, the state of the game will be as on of the best games. Also the "best products" had more capable staff behind them.

By your own logic you can’t say it isn’t either as this is a matter of opinion....

A lot of  “best products” Are Based on opinions

......But I think what @Fair Play meant was the potential that the game still has if worked on more and problems effectively patched out.

Gun was the right Developers at the right time....no other developers where waiting in the wings to make a game for Friday the 13th....it has lots of problems and the one step forward 2 steps back approach has not  fared well with the community/ fans/ gamers but still the potential of being something real special is right there.....I hope we all finally get to see the game get there.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

By your own logic you can’t say it isn’t either as this is a matter of opinion....

A lot of  “best products” Are Based on opinions

......But I think what @Fair Play meant was the potential that the game still has if worked on more and problems effectively patched out.

Gun was the right Developers at the right time....no other developers where waiting in the wings to make a game for Friday the 13th....it has lots of problems and the one step forward 2 steps back approach has not  fared well with the community/ fans/ gamers but still the potential of being something real special it right there.....I hope we all finally get to see the game get there.

I was rather using is own quote there in the word. From what I read Gun only had the idea that the license holder (not Victor miller i think that's his name) agreed with for a game, there were other developers wanting to do a Friday the 13th game. Seeing how the game turned out I would've rather see on of those other developers make their Friday the 13th game than get the game we have now. Also I believe with the lawsuit and with the lack of experience the team has I doubt we will ever see the game to being "real special"

2 hours ago, AeronSky said:

I was rather using is own quote there in the word. From what I read Gun only had the idea that the license holder (not Victor miller i think that's his name) agreed with for a game, there were other developers wanting to do a Friday the 13th game. Seeing how the game turned out I would've rather see on of those other developers make their Friday the 13th game than get the game we have now. Also I believe with the lawsuit and with the lack of experience the team has I doubt we will ever see the game to being "real special"

You may want to do a little fact checking because you are incorrect about a couple of points.....

The last Friday the 13th game was made over 30 years ago... Sean Cunningham Horror INC the original Rights holder had no one beating down his door for the rights to make a Video game....

Gun was working on an Indy game called Summer Camp vol.1 with Harry Manfredini, Kane Hodder and Tom Savini attached to it it was at this time Sean ( I am sure at the behest of Kane, Harry, and Tom.) approached Gun and gifted them the license to use and completely revamped Summer Camp into Friday the 13th the Game.( I am sure in doing so signed Royalties for the license based on how successful it was.)

And as far As the lawsuit affecting any other Developers Working on a game you wouldn’t have to worry about that as there wouldn’t have been one from anyone else....now that the market has brought these types of games to us like Dead by Daylight/ F13 / Last Year / Hide or Die etc.. The success of these games have brought interest from Developers that were definitely not interested before.

This Game is definitely the best F13 experience we are ever going to get for a long time issue or no issues...it is still REAL SPECIAL.

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You may want to do a little fact checking because you are incorrect about a couple of points.....

The last Friday the 13th game was made over 30 years ago... Sean Cunningham Horror INC the original Rights holder had no one beating down his door for the rights to make a Video game....

Gun was working on an Indy game called Summer Camp with Harry Manfredini, Kane Hodder and Tom Savini attached to it it was at this time Sean ( I am sure at the behest of Kane, Harry, and Tom.) approached Gun and gifted them the license to use and completely revamped Summer Camp into Friday the 13th the Game.( I am sure in doing so signed Royalties for the license based on how successful it was.)

And as far As the lawsuit affecting any other Developers Working on a game you wouldn’t have to worry about that as there wouldn’t have been one from anyone else....now that the market has brought these types of games to us like Dead by Daylight/ F13 / Last Year / Hide or Die etc.. The success of these games have brought interest from Developers that were definitely not interested before.

This Game is definitely the best F13 experience we are ever going to get for a long time issue or no issues...it is still REAL SPECIAL.

In the very insulting manner: yea this game is "REAL SPECIAL" all right.

A very bugged and lackluster game at start led by a inexperienced development team. I can see why it's so special.

33 minutes ago, AeronSky said:

In the very insulting manner: yea this game is "REAL SPECIAL" all right.

A very bugged and lackluster game at start led by a inexperienced development team. I can see why it's so special.

I can see you are a “Real Special” Fan of the game....(your version of it 😉) ....

what are you doing on a Fan Forum posting about a “very Buggy Lack luster Game.” That you said you would rather didn’t exist .....kinda sad don’t you think?

Seems you are just trying to spread negativity For the Developers and the game without taking the time to educate yourself on actual facts about the development of the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AeronSky said:

You assumed I was trying to imply something, and you assumed wrong. You know what they say about people who assume, don't you?

You are partly right that a video game developer's product can make or break them. How established the company is prior to a product's release can have an impact on the success of any given product. That holds true for any company that manufactures anything. One of the best examples is the game Final Fantasy from Square. That title started a franchise that has gained its company big bucks. The same company has had some releases that didn't do so well, but the company is doing very well overall.

Friday the 13th: The Game was highly successful most likely because of the "Friday the 13th" name. Since we can't turn back time and change the game to Summer Camp Vol. 1, we don't know how well that title would have done to this day. There are times I ponder how that would have turned out. This game is in a bad spot right now, but things change. It may get better, or it may get worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if some other developers would take a crack at their own attempt of an F13 game in the distant future, after the lawsuit is resolved. This game appealed to a lot of fans. If another F13 game came along, I'm sure some of those same fans would give it a shot.

@OCT 31 1978, you knew what I was trying to say. You totally get me brother.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Fair Play

ditto Brother!! We earned them Friendship badges!

It was long overdue lol.

• Like 2

I Still say that a sequal to The Friday the 13th the game is needed.

Pamela voorhees should have been a supernatural killer like Jason and there should be steps to be able to behead pamela voorhees.

story mode with daytime exploration and counseling training center should have been added.

Also stopping at the 5 th friday the 13th map makes no sense other than the lawsuit.

were still missing part 6,7,8 maps.

I don't know where this is coming from, really. I don't want any other company take over this game or even a sequel. If a sequel is made, I hope it is by Gun Media. This is so accurate it's mindblowing. They did a good job with this game and I don't know if any other company can even accomplish what Gun Media did. If not for the lawsuit, I think this game would be ten times better, but I love it nonetheless.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I Still say that a sequal to The Friday the 13th the game is needed.

Pamela voorhees should have been a supernatural killer like Jason and there should be steps to be able to behead pamela voorhees.

story mode with daytime exploration and counseling training center should have been added.

Also stopping at the 5 th friday the 13th map makes no sense other than the lawsuit.

were still missing part 6,7,8 maps.

I'm sure someone someday will release another attempt at an F13 game. How long we'll have to wait is uncertain.

53 minutes ago, Crawler said:

I don't know where this is coming from, really. I don't want any other company take over this game or even a sequel. If a sequel is made, I hope it is by Gun Media. This is so accurate it's mindblowing. They did a good job with this game and I don't know if any other company can even accomplish what Gun Media did. If not for the lawsuit, I think this game would be ten times better, but I love it nonetheless.

Don't be so quick to count other companies out. There are a lot of creative people out there. Gun is not the only company capable of making such an impressive game. Many of us have had a lot of fun times with this game.

• Thanks 1

Well we all ready know that Wes Keltner has announced that Gunmedia wil never touch Friday the 13th again.

Maybe Wes Keltner had a falling out with Sean Cunningham. No one knowes for sure.

17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Don't be so quick to count other companies out. There are a lot of creative people out there. Gun is not the only company capable of making such an impressive game. Many of us have had a lot of fun times with this game.

When you think about Friday the 13th, you think about an asymmetrical horror game. There are few asymmetrical horror games like Friday the 13th. The feel, the gameplay, is just different from any other one I've seen. Not a lot of companies can accomplish this. Just my opinion btw.

Alien Isolation. If we could get that good of  AI  on the bots I wouldn't need to play online..LOL

5 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Alien Isolation. If we could get that good of  AI  on the bots I wouldn't need to play online..LOL

And maybe not 20 pocket knives on hard. :D