Sign in to follow this  
gmintz09

Strange camera angle glitch

Wanted to ask those more knowledgable than myself if they've run into this glitch before, as I've now had it happen twice.

I was playing a session as a counselor when my camera angle got locked in one position.  I couldn't use emotes, use items (i.e. med spray), use combat stance, go to my map, etc.  All I could do was swing my weapon.  Even getting picked up by Jason didn't fix my camera angle.  I've had it happen once before and it eventually fixed itself but this time it didn't and unfortunately cost me my life that round.  Anyone run into this before and have tips on how to get out of it?

2 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Wanted to ask those more knowledgable than myself if they've run into this glitch before, as I've now had it happen twice.

I was playing a session as a counselor when my camera angle got locked in one position.  I couldn't use emotes, use items (i.e. med spray), use combat stance, go to my map, etc.  All I could do was swing my weapon.  Even getting picked up by Jason didn't fix my camera angle.  I've had it happen once before and it eventually fixed itself but this time it didn't and unfortunately cost me my life that round.  Anyone run into this before and have tips on how to get out of it?

It kinda sounds like the interaction lock or the rubber band glitch. Were you able to climb through windows / open doors?

When did this happen? Was it tied to a specific event or a thing you did?

19 minutes ago, Survival said:

It kinda sounds like the interaction lock or the rubber band glitch. Were you able to climb through windows / open doors?

When did this happen? Was it tied to a specific event or a thing you did?

I don't recall the first time what preceded it, but this time I was trying to close a door as someone else was coming through it (after they came in the cabin) and they ended up closing it instead.  That's when my camera angle got locked.  But last time this happened, the camera angle fixed itself.  So, not sure.

ETA: And no, I could not climb through windows or close/open doors.

21 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

I don't recall the first time what preceded it, but this time I was trying to close a door as someone else was coming through it (after they came in the cabin) and they ended up closing it instead.  That's when my camera angle got locked.  But last time this happened, the camera angle fixed itself.  So, not sure.

ETA: And no, I could not climb through windows or close/open doors.

That is an interaction glitch then. it is a known glitch that happens and they are slowly patching out numerous causes for this.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Survival said:

That is an interaction glitch then. it is a known glitch that happens and they are slowly patching out numerous causes for this.

Ah, okay.  No way to get out of it/fix it then on my own at this point?

5 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Ah, okay.  No way to get out of it/fix it then on my own at this point?

No. Once it happens it usually means the end of the session for you. Just let Jason kill you as soon as possible and move on to the next game.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:16 AM, gmintz09 said:

Sorry this happened buddy I have actually never run into this before.... I have had interactions locks and was unable to pick drop or open anything....repeatedly crouching unlocked me...

Sadly, playing since launch lets me memorize maps fairly well. So i interaction lock run... And die.