Sign in to follow this  
PARTVI

Adding single player kills to multi-player

Who would be on board with this to freshen the game up? I know some kills arent possible in some maps, but LOTS are, and would be very fun (ie generator kill, car kills, etc.) Btw, it is NOT NEW CONTENT 

• Thanks 2

I’d be all for those new kills but first they gotta fix environmental kills before they add more 🤣

4 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Who would be on board with this to freshen the game up? I know some kills arent possible in some maps, but LOTS are, and would be very fun (ie generator kill, car kills, etc.) Btw, it is NOT NEW CONTENT 

Definitely want this and the maps!!

this is the third time this idea has been brought up and was originally thought of by none other than our friendly neighborhood @Slasher_Clone!!! Great idea then just like it is now.

We are all hoping @mattshotcha will get back to us on this idea as it would be a amazing addition to the multiplayer portion of the game!

• Like 2

Yes. The Single player maps added as multiplayer maps. I agree with that idea. @Slasher_Clone

Once the lawsuit has settled there will be some possibilities on a few new things.

13 hours ago, PARTVI said:

THIS!!! ALONG WITH THE STALK MECHANICS AND PRECISE MORPH POINTS AND MAPS!!!!! 

This is what the multiplayer experience needs so badly!!!!

They should be able to add the single player maps and kills to multiplayer right? They’re just adding in content that already exists so why don’t they bring something new to multiplayer? 

All the singleplayer maps are just the small maps...probably even smaller.

No thanks.

Kills on the other hand I'd be ok with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Once the lawsuit has settled there will be some possibilities on a few new things.

My hope is that we can get some of the SPC’s without the lawsuit interfering. 

I’m still hoping Matt hasn’t forgotten to bring it up. If I was in his shoes, I’d probably be playing it pretty close to my vest till I could get one SPC map and kills over to Multiplayer. I think I’d try and get a new map into the game every month or two. Starting with the first one might not be the best idea, as it is the smallest map in the game, I do see it having some potential though so I wouldn’t leave it out entirely. I got some ideas about what to do to make it work.

Speaking of that first SPC, I actually think it could be quite fun to try and get the two cars going, the set up could be a crash or the two seater could start in a repaired state and be bring gas/a new battery out to the four seater. With zero cabins and very few objects in the map, your Counselors perks could make all the deference. This tiny map could end up being a very intense match. If they wanted they could also have one of the female counselors randomly start with the sweater, allowing for the kill to be an option. 

I also wouldn’t worry about the opening cut scene, I think most players would be happy new maps enough that not having a standard intro wouldn’t be to big a deal. We can avoid new content and still expand what we have, if we’re just a little open minded about it.

• Like 2

As fun as they would be, I think the problem with the single player kills are that they are cut scenes and not 3d animations (IIRC). The grab/environmentals are animated, which means you can still see them happening from a 3rd person perspective (you're a counselor and not the person being killed). Since the single player kills occur in cutscenes, they would have no animation to be shown in game.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

As fun as they would be, I think the problem with the single player kills are that they are cut scenes and not 3d animations (IIRC). The grab/environmentals are animated, which means you can still see them happening from a 3rd person perspective (you're a counselor and not the person being killed). Since the single player kills occur in cutscenes, they would have no animation to be shown in game.

I am not 100% sure but the kills in single player challenges were still motion captured so the animations exist.

The cinematic look with the kills are made using a locking and turning camera feature that is used after the fact not while recording the kill or animation.

so I am pretty sure the kills in SPC can easily be converted to the multiplayer cameras system it’s just a matter or programming the kill to the location and coding the environment to interact accordingly.

hopefully @mattshotcha can clarify in the near future.

None of this is going to happen, due to the fact it would actually take some real work, something that this team is obviously not good at. Gun will Just make another  excuse as to why they can’t do it though.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been saying this forever. We need all those kills. I’d also love the ability to play offline bots that behave like the single player challenge bots. Where they are doing activities, unaware Jason is there. I’d also like the ability to have bots mixed in with friends online. Like if I just want to play with my one friend. He could be a counselor, with bots filling the other counselor spots. There’s so much they can do with this game that wouldn’t count as new content. 

No new content.  And I bet they classify this as "new content," no matter how we as fans can justify it.

As far as single player challenges, I just wish the counselors couldn't see me through walls with the eyes in the backs of their heads.