Sign in to follow this  
gtdjlocker311

Two-year anniversary and...nothing?

DBD is having their 3rd anniversary stream. Crazy how much they're doing. Very ambitious.

DBD is very fortunate in not having the issue that F13 the game is in....

With a License that is completely intertwined in a lawsuit.....limiting what can and cannot be done with it.......

If this lawsuit didn’t affect Gun Media, I am sure by now there would have been so many new additions....weapon kills/ new counselors/ new Jason’s and Maps/ and game modes that would have been implemented........I know they wanted to add those throw back pictures of Pamela and Jason with more background info about them before Jason drowned to be found along with the tapes........there was definitely a plethora of things that could have been done if the game wasn’t trapped by the two Individuals fighting over how much money they should be getting........

well now that we know the lawsuit will be on going for the foreseeable future.....Fan films, figures and this game are the only thing to look forward to for the Franchise........And Jason’s legacy....

Hopefully people can finally see that Gun was right unfortunately about the lawsuit lasting entirely longer than they would be able to wait and continue creating content for......

I for one and happy both games exist, as far as I am concerned it’s a win for Us Horror fans ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

DBD is very fortunate in not having the issue that F13 the game is in....

With a License that is completely intertwined in a lawsuit.....limiting what can and cannot be done with it.......

If this lawsuit didn’t affect Gun Media, I am sure by now there would have been so many new additions....weapon kills/ new counselors/ new Jason’s and Maps/ and game modes that would have been implemented........I know they wanted to add those throw back pictures of Pamela and Jason with more background info about them before Jason drowned to be found along with the tapes........there was definitely a plethora of things that could have been done if the game wasn’t trapped by the two Individuals fighting over how much money they should be getting........

well now that we know the lawsuit will be on going for the foreseeable future.....Fan films, figures and this game are the only thing to look forward to for the Franchise........And Jason’s legacy....

Hopefully people can finally see that Gun was right unfortunately about the lawsuit lasting entirely longer than they would be able to wait and continue creating content for......

I for one and happy both games exist, as far as I am concerned it’s a win for Us Horror fans ....

Correct

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Amen to that brother.

• Like 1

Layers of Fear 2 released last week so odds are alot of development resources go to that. Heard it got a 9/10 tho

2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

Layers of Fear 2 released last week so odds are alot of development resources go to that. Heard it got a 9/10 tho

GunMedia are just the publishers not the developers.

Communication with the community costs nothing.

So there is zero excuse for that over the entire game's run. Can't hide behind a lawsuit or 'limited' budget for that one. The lack of information, miscommunication is probably one of the few consistent things the game has going for it.

People can get antsy over the negativity, but the reality is nobody has any idea what's going on and that's no good.

The last time they did 'anything' with the community was when Randy was still associated with the game back in early 2018 with the streams. Other than that, nada. The whole thing on Tuesday isn't even an every week thing (not even always F13) and at best, lasts one hour with VERY LITTLE actual information about anything other than 'high priority', 'low priority' stock answers. You wouldn't know about any sort of 'community' events or double XP until they might actually come out of thin air and when that happens...its a double XP event that should've been made permanent long ago to newer players incentive to want to stick around the playerbase.

So even then in the two years the game has been out, its either been a stream with Randy or a double XP event.

Not much creativity there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Communication with the community costs nothing.

So there is zero excuse for that over the entire game's run. Can't hide behind a lawsuit or 'limited' budget for that one. The lack of information, miscommunication is probably one of the few consistent things the game has going for it.

People can get antsy over the negativity, but the reality is nobody has any idea what's going on and that's no good.

The last time they did 'anything' with the community was when Randy was still associated with the game back in early 2018 with the streams. Other than that, nada. The whole thing on Tuesday isn't even an every week thing (not even always F13) and at best, lasts one hour with VERY LITTLE actual information about anything other than 'high priority', 'low priority' stock answers. You wouldn't know about any sort of 'community' events or double XP until they might actually come out of thin air and when that happens...its a double XP event that should've been made permanent long ago to newer players incentive to want to stick around the playerbase.

So even then in the two years the game has been out, its either been a stream with Randy or a double XP event.

Not much creativity there.

The thing that's make it a huge low blow for me is, according to Matt, even after the lawsuit is done, Gun Media has no desire to continue to this franchise whether it's a sequel or in any way shape or form. That just gives you a general idea on what so so interest they've always had for the game and pretty much explains the past random double xp events and streams that went unnoticed.

You're right that folks will get antsy over the negativity, but if your company is going to operate as a team with low morale then your community is going to follow behind. Simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

The thing that's make it a huge low blow for me is, according to Matt, even after the lawsuit is done, Gun Media has no desire to continue to this franchise whether it's a sequel or in any way shape or form. 

Gun knew with having worked with Sean that he would continue to fight the lawsuit at every turn, It is his bread and butter........it makes sense that they would have to stop creating new content if the lawsuit would take years to be finished.....

And Actually Wes Keltner and Ronny Hobbs have both said they would love to continue the game but unfortunately the lawsuit severally hampers that situation the whole Gun Media team are enormous fans of the Franchise....and have also repeatedly said they were only gifted the license for the first game not a sequel which was why they were planning on putting everything into this game......... any other games would have to be licensed out by the license holders and with that on going  debacle obviously nothing else is going to see the light of day any time soon.

That just gives you a general idea on what so so interest they've always had for the game and pretty much explains the past random double xp events and streams that went unnoticed.

What so.....so.... interest are you talking about?

They are very proud of the game, as it has been a very successfully funded Indy game ....and continuing to market it for the Switch and have released  ultimate Slasher editions.... implemented dedicated servers....and continue to pay Black tower to provide Bug fixes.......you wouldn’t  keep putting money into something you have a “so...so” interest in..

As for low morale that will depend on your own opinions.... But I would be willing to  bet not everyone feels the same way about them.

The game has been Rotten TRASH for over a year between endless bugs and glitches and JOKE sluggish game mechanics.  I only play once in a blue moon but when I did it appears its mostly noobs with rotten QP lobbies of horrible players just shouting into mics and not going for any objectives the entire time . . .  Most of the veteran players are long gone and the game mechanics feel even worse now than they did 2 years ago.  Jason's grab is the worst control in gaming history.   . .   6 months from now they know there won't be anyone left.  So why "fix" anything?   All they care about are their own wallets.  Not a working product.

In the end it doesn't matter.  I would blackball them from the gaming industries or at the very least boycott all their future products so they will never make a PENNY off their games again.  Of course, I don't know what mindless sucker would buy another game from them.  But I'm sure there will be.  You still have people blindly defending them even after they have TRASHED this game into oblivion to the point its hardly functional 

Hell, you can find less bugs on Atari 2600 Games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

The game has been Rotten TRASH for over a year between endless bugs and glitches and JOKE sluggish game mechanics.  I only play once in a blue moon but when I did it appears its mostly noobs with rotten QP lobbies of horrible players just shouting into mics and not going for any objectives the entire time . . .  Most of the veteran players are long gone and the game mechanics feel even worse now than they did 2 years ago.  Jason's grab is the worst control in gaming history.   . .   6 months from now they know there won't be anyone left.  So why "fix" anything?   All they care about are their own wallets.  Not a working product.

In the end it doesn't matter.  I would blackball them from the gaming industries or at the very least boycott all their future products so they will never make a PENNY off their games again.  Of course, I don't know what mindless sucker would buy another game from them.  But I'm sure there will be.  You still have people blindly defending them even after they have TRASHED this game into oblivion to the point its hardly functional

If you feel the game is "rotten trash", why would you continue to play it? Most people I know loathe playing in garbage, much less admitting to it.

There are still day one and beta players indulging in the game, though it may not be as many as it was in the past.

6 months from now, if the servers are still functional, I will still be playing the game. I know I am not alone in that.

I do agree that Atari games had less bugs. However,  that was a much simpler time in the world of game development.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 4:33 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

Dead By Daylight has been added to Xbox Gamepass.

Think I'll play that for now.

No one will miss you.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, DorianRo said:

So stop playing. Bye.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, Dolemite said:

No one will miss you.

I play both Friday The 13th and started playing Dead By Daylight.

Can see why the forum activity has died down.

Never played a match with you before.

Can't miss someone you never knew. 😉

(I feel a disturbance in the force, lol. A noise with no substance, what could it be?)

On topic, we as the community could do something for the two year Anniversary, we’re a bit late but there’s really nothing stopping us. Any ideas guys and girls of camp blood?

On 6/3/2019 at 8:00 AM, Fair Play said:

If you feel the game is "rotten trash", why would you continue to play it? Most people I know loathe playing in garbage, much less admitting to it.

There are still day one and beta players indulging in the game, though it may not be as many as it was in the past.

6 months from now, if the servers are still functional, I will still be playing the game. I know I am not alone in that.

I do agree that Atari games had less bugs. However,  that was a much simpler time in the world of game development.

People continue to play games but complain about it because before something happened, people enjoyed the game and want it to be fixed or changed. I said at the beginning of the new patch that it would cause people to leave because of the new buffs, but after being away for a few months and now hearing off even more BS going on, it's only going to drive more people away, sure, you'll always get a % of player base that will stick around, but more people will leave then people who continue to play the game, and at the end of the day, we can sit here and say "Goodbye, no one will miss you" etc, but really, for those who still stick around and play it, do you guys really want to have to deal with all the bugs and glitches that happen in it? This game started declining once no new content was announced and it's going to get worse but had the lawsuit no happened, it would've been still going strong and it's shit what happened to the game and even though i've been critical of the direction it's ended up going, i still on rare times, try to find a game, tonight i found a lobby of 5 on Asian serves (Australian fyi) 700 ping, and 3/5 players were buddies who tried to team up and do glitches. Not fun, but i'll still try to see if it has any luck in the future. 

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

People continue to play games but complain about it because before something happened, people enjoyed the game and want it to be fixed or changed. I said at the beginning of the new patch that it would cause people to leave because of the new buffs, but after being away for a few months and now hearing off even more BS going on, it's only going to drive more people away, sure, you'll always get a % of player base that will stick around, but more people will leave then people who continue to play the game, and at the end of the day, we can sit here and say "Goodbye, no one will miss you" etc, but really, for those who still stick around and play it, do you guys really want to have to deal with all the bugs and glitches that happen in it? This game started declining once no new content was announced and it's going to get worse but had the lawsuit no happened, it would've been still going strong and it's shit what happened to the game and even though i've been critical of the direction it's ended up going, i still on rare times, try to find a game, tonight i found a lobby of 5 on Asian serves (Australian fyi) 700 ping, and 3/5 players were buddies who tried to team up and do glitches. Not fun, but i'll still try to see if it has any luck in the future. 

People leave this game for a number of reasons. Likewise, people stick around for a number of reasons.

No game will last forever. More people will leave than stay over time. That much is a given.

As far as if the game would be better off had the lawsuit not happened, we'll never know. We can't foresee alternate realities, so that would be speculation.

The people that love the game enough to stick around, deal with it as is, bugs and all. It's not perfect, or even ideal, but people support it for their own reasons.

• Like 1

My friends and I went to DBD as our main game, for now.  This game is in the worst shape it's been in a long time.  Loading in with characters you didn't pick, Jason destroys car with throwing knive glitch, rubber band glitch, can't kill anyone as Jason glitch.  And then when they finally decide to "fix" these issues they will cause new issues like they always do.  I may never return full time.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

(I feel a disturbance in the force, lol. A noise with no substance, what could it be?)

On topic, we as the community could do something for the two year Anniversary, we’re a bit late but there’s really nothing stopping us. Any ideas guys and girls of camp blood?

Happy Anniversary F13!!

I made a cake to celebrate!! Who wants a “SLICE!!”

0020F917-6AA0-4D1F-A9B0-CB872F791CF0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Happy Anniversary F13!!

I made a cake to celebrate!! Who wants a “SLICE!!”

0020F917-6AA0-4D1F-A9B0-CB872F791CF0.jpeg

😲🤤

That looks so damn cool and delicious. You seriously made that yourself?

1 minute ago, BigJay said:

😲🤤

That looks so damn cool and delicious. You seriously made that yourself?

No lol I was looking for creative ways to celebrate F13 anniversary.... and came across some cool looking cakes and then found this one online.....

I definitely wish I was that talented!!