Sign in to follow this  
gtdjlocker311

Two-year anniversary and...nothing?

I think all the developers pretty much washed their hands of the game at this point.  They took the money and ran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I feel bad for the suckers who buy the Switch version thinking they're getting a new game.

• Like 1

I feel bad for the idiots still posting on the official forums, about a game they think is a rip off. Seems a bit pathetic really.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well they did post on twitter about the anniversary.

Only to be roasted in the comments.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I feel bad for the idiots still posting on the official forums, about a game they think is a rip off. Seems a bit pathetic really.

Thank you for contributing to the discussion.  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Thank you for contributing to the discussion.  

You’re welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

On 5/27/2019 at 4:50 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re welcome.

Best addition to this discussion I’ve Read to be honest....😉 

But to add to the topic I am sure right now the Hot fix is all that they are concerned with and to get it out before the Switch version hits....I am sure once they roll that out a Double Xp/ tape drop event will hit as well...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I think all the developers pretty much washed their hands of the game at this point.  They took the money and ran 

Okay, I was sick of this nonsense conspiracy theory year ago and I am still sick of it now.

The lawsuit happened and it has not ended yet. That is the major thing that needs to be acknowledged. No one has washed off their hands of anything.

The main developer has moved on, for obvious reasons, because this is still business and they have to make money. I am 100% that people who are trying their best to keep this game running right now are a small team, very small, because they need to keep the costs low... the game barely produces new money right now, they cannot add anything new and someone has to pay for the servers.

Now imagine yourself a game developer. You are a small team and you have been given this game, which was broken in various ways and which you have not coded nor programmed anything for. It must be a very frustrating task to keep this thing up and patch it.

The point is... they are trying. I am sure they are just as frustrated with this thing as we are. Patience is a virtue.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Survival said:

Okay, I was sick of this nonsense conspiracy theory year ago and I am still sick of it now.

The lawsuit happened and it has not ended yet. That is the major thing that needs to be acknowledged. No one has washed off their hands of anything.

The main developer has moved on, for obvious reasons, because this is still business and they have to make money. I am 100% that people who are trying their best to keep this game running right now are a small team, very small, because they need to keep the costs low... the game barely produces new money right now, they cannot add anything new and someone has to pay for the servers.

Now imagine yourself a game developer. You are a small team and you have been given this game, which was broken in various ways and which you have not coded nor programmed anything for. It must be a very frustrating task to keep this thing up and patch it.

The point is... they are trying. I am sure they are just as frustrated with this thing as we are. Patience is a virtue.

Very well said sir, I tip my hat to you!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Who is paying for the fixes and balance changes then?

21 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I feel bad for the suckers who buy the Switch version thinking they're getting a new game.

Wouldn't it be the same game, different platform?

21 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I do not feel bad for them. It is their choice.

15 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Best addition to this discussion I read to be honest....😉 

But to add to the topic I am sure right now the Hot fix is all that they are concerned with and to get it out before the Switch version hits....I am sure once they roll that out a Double Xp/ tape drop event will hit as well...

I could see that.

41 minutes ago, SouthernMan said:

Its new to them

Truth right here...

I'm glad they held off on any double xp at the moment. The game on PC is pretty annoying right now. 5-6 times launching game until you can actually get in and not get a database failure message and then wait endlessly trying to find a lobby, with cancels and researches and ghost lobbies. about 30-40 mins just to get a match going and then pray you stick in that same lobby after the match else its rinse repeat for another 20 mins to get going again. Some of you are way more patient then me, and are ok doing this to get a game or two in, but I'm just gonna play something else until all figured out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I'm glad they held off on any double xp at the moment. The game on PC is pretty annoying right now. 5-6 times launching game until you can actually get in and not get a database failure message and then wait endlessly trying to find a lobby, with cancels and researches and ghost lobbies. about 30-40 mins just to get a match going and then pray you stick in that same lobby after the match else its rinse repeat for another 20 mins to get going again. Some of you are way more patient then me, and are ok doing this to get a game or two in, but I'm just gonna play something else until all figured out.

Patience is a virtue, but I feel your pain.

Switching games for a while is not a bad alternative.

5 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Patience is a virtue, but I feel your pain.

Switching games for a while is not a bad alternative.

Layers of fear 2 dropped today. Im still making my way through the first one and really liking it. Also HOD beta test phase 2 should be any day now. F13 will forever be my goto game and i have faith in the devs they will get this sorted out eventually, but not worth me getting all stressed out and wanting to come in here and yell at people like i did a few weeks back. I'll be keeping an eye out here and have it ready to boot up once resolved. Hang in there fellow campers!

27 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Layers of fear 2 dropped today. Im still making my way through the first one and really liking it. Also HOD beta test phase 2 should be any day now. F13 will forever be my goto game and i have faith in the devs they will get this sorted out eventually, but not worth me getting all stressed out and wanting to come in here and yell at people like i did a few weeks back. I'll be keeping an eye out here and have it ready to boot up once resolved. Hang in there fellow campers!

That was a very classy response. There are many who will check in on this game from time to time. I wish each and every one of them the best in whatever game(s) tide them over in the meantime.

We will keep your space open by the fire and some beer in the cooler for you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I ran some games with my friends yesterday, as May 26th is also my birthday. I ended up having this run:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/thatguyinktown/video/75211217

You should have noted the context that it was a lvl 150 Jason teamer whose buddy stole the prop, drove the car out alone with Jason opting to ignore them as they drove right by, and likely used party chat to assist and he still couldn't get past your Scooby Doo routine. 

On 5/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, DorianRo said:

Yes, they supplied absolutely nothing for your money and are off sleeping on piles of money on a beach somewhere. You got no game to play whatsoever, nothing. What scammers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dead By Daylight has been added to Xbox Gamepass.

Think I'll play that for now. Friday The 13th is busy working on those ''hotfixes'' for the next year.

We willl all be lucky if we don't get cars or boats on the roof of cabins next patch. 😂

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Dead By Daylight has been added to Xbox Gamepass.

Think I'll play that for now. Friday The 13th is busy working on those ''hotfixes'' for the next year.

We willl all be lucky if we don't get cars or boats on the roof of cabins next patch. 😂

DbD isnt even that fun.

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

DbD isnt even that fun.

I agree.Playing ring around the rosie hanging people on hooks gets old real quick.

DBD is an actual functioning video game though. So there's that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First time I have played it Dead By Daylight. I like that it has the option to play as a killer whenever I want.

Friday The 13th is fun. It has changed into something that is not scary at all. Jason was way more powerful at launch.

Witness many players qutting (Jason included) before a match is even halfway completed. Leave before they get killed.

Have heard players say ''I don't want to play as Jason''. They have their preference set to Jason and never change it to counselor.

They quit right at the start of the match. Meanwhile I have been patiently waiting to play Jason for hours. Going for my last achievement.

Try to escape or help others in Quickplay. Most often it becomes a match of ''nothing is going to get fixed'' so lets all jump through windows for 20 minutes.

I wish it had the option to play as Jason whenever I wanted in multiplayer just like Dead By Daylight has.

To get the 1,000 matches completed without taking an eternity to complete it. Only having a very small chance to get picked as Jason.

Both games have their pros and cons. The lawsuit is obviously never going to end leaving FT13th stuck inside an early grave unfortunately.

It has been 2 years and many bugs still remain.

Will chad's face ever get fixed in the intro cutscene and get some damn eyebrows?

Rainbow sparkle effects on Pinehurst because they are always after Jason's lucky charms?

Victora getting butt implants yet only wears baggy blue pajama pants? Defeating the purpose of having a bigger butt.

Counselors having access to a modern GPS map app and telling Jason your location?

Wait I thought this was the 80's? Jedi mind tricks. These are not the smart phones you are looking for...find the fuse Chad.

How do they know where my location is 24/7 but can't google map where the car parts are?

Who comes to camp to kick some ass and rescue people but only brings 1 bullet, some hair spray and a dull pocket knife?

As funny as Friday The 13th can be I like it for what it is. A goofy parody slasher game.

I just don't expect it to be magically fixed in the next year or two.

Perfect example of after the new patch. Does this look like The Friday The 13th movie experience for the game? 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1