Sign in to follow this  
AshTray900

A MUST NEEDED change to perks

1st - take away the 30 slot maximum and make it unlimited, you can only use one at a time anyway so this restriction is stupid.

2nd - give the option to “roll all CP” the current method is extremely time consuming. I spent 2 or 3 hours of constant button clicking to use like 25k of my 550k CP. these should all just be ordered alphabetically like they are so you can easily sell ones you don’t want of each type and then roll all again, this would cut down the extreme hassle to this process, I have basically stopped bothering with it and have told many people I’d give it away if I could...

these changes would not alter a counselor or Jason balance whatsoever and would reward those of us supporting the game so much by actually making CP worth something after you have played so much.

PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE NEXT PATCH, IT IS A GAME FLAW / BUG

• Thanks 1

Try rolling 2,000,000 cp like i did when Legendary perks came out. Hell, in that 2M, i only got 4 legends

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

1st - take away the 30 slot maximum and make it unlimited, you can only use one at a time anyway so this restriction is stupid.

2nd - give the option to “roll all CP” the current method is extremely time consuming. I spent 2 or 3 hours of constant button clicking to use like 25k of my 550k CP. these should all just be ordered alphabetically like they are so you can easily sell ones you don’t want of each type and then roll all again, this would cut down the extreme hassle to this process, I have basically stopped bothering with it and have told many people I’d give it away if I could...

these changes would not alter a counselor or Jason balance whatsoever and would reward those of us supporting the game so much by actually making CP worth something after you have played so much.

@mattshotcha

PLEASE have the team consider this.  Even if y'all throw out all the other changes you had brought up a few months ago in regard to perks; this would be a QOL change that would be GREATLY appreciated.

• Like 1

You complained about 3 hours rolling perks, 2 million cp took me almost 7 hours to spend. That's not including selling perks i didn't want

6 hours ago, sedaiv said:

You complained about 3 hours rolling perks, 2 million cp took me almost 7 hours to spend. That's not including selling perks i didn't want

Yeah and that’s shitty to spend that much time just rolling perks 

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah and that’s shitty to spend that much time just rolling perks 

Says you, i had something to do between games: annoying people who wanted to start 3-6 person lobbies.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:15 PM, AshTray900 said:

This has been brought up more than once. I did a poll on it. I wouldn't make unlimited, as one can only imagine the problem caused by leaving it that open. Raising the number to 50 or so would give players more than enough room to hold one of each perk.

As for multiple perk rolls, make an option to roll for one at a time, or 10 at a time. I foresee a data overload nightmare in the works if you say all at once.

60 slots, and a "roll all open spots" would be good, they could also just bracket the cost, say top tier you spend 5 or 10k and you are guaranteed a legendary. This would cut rolling way down.

I havent counted but I do beleive there are more perks than slots which is also stupid if true even though some may be useless if you've played enough why not keep a legendary radio stamina perk just for the heck of it.

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I also think legendaries should have no drawbacks as well

Exactly! I've had epic perks better than legendary ones, makes no sense a worse perk to add 2% fear reduction?? Perks are just a mess, I agree no drawbacks on legendaries, and we shouldn't have to watch the animation of rolling like we do, just show us the final stats instead of ding wait ding wait ding. All currently held and future rolled legendaries need the drawbacks gone, I'd take that over the piddly little 3rd add on. I rolled more today, think I knocked out 5k more, finally got an epic sucker punch for now going to fill my 30 with legendaries and epics of ones I like, got a half and half mix, and as you noticed the only real difference between the two is the color. Its soooooo boring doing this and I cant do it while spectating after dead either.

Oh and if there is no pocket knife perk, which I agree shouldn't be there, remove the icon lol, and the person over the crystal ball too whatever that is ha

3 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

Exactly! I've had epic perks better than legendary ones, makes no sense a worse perk to add 2% fear reduction?? Perks are just a mess, I agree no drawbacks on legendaries, and we shouldn't have to watch the animation of rolling like we do, just show us the final stats instead of ding wait ding wait ding. All currently held and future rolled legendaries need the drawbacks gone, I'd take that over the piddly little 3rd add on. I rolled more today, think I knocked out 5k more, finally got an epic sucker punch for now going to fill my 30 with legendaries and epics of ones I like, got a half and half mix, and as you noticed the only real difference between the two is the color. Its soooooo boring doing this and I cant do it while spectating after dead either.

Oh and if there is no pocket knife perk, which I agree shouldn't be there, remove the icon lol, and the person over the crystal ball too whatever that is ha

Yep most of my perks are epic with slim to none on drawbacks. I’ve got a lot of legendaries I’ve sold bc my epics were better. Today I rolled a legendary medic with 10% healing increase -5% damage taken and 3% repair increase. Then I have an epic with 10% healing increase 0% damage taken. It’s a no brainer which one is better, and it makes no sense why legendaries have drawbacks for this reason. The perk system needs to be fixed

• Like 1

Perks 'system' is the worst thing in the game, tedious, boring and it got to a point I just don't bother rolling them, it's more painful than a machete to the face. 

I think a skill tree and unlock system would've been better. Say what you want but a lot of gamers like working towards unlocks and rewards  via xp, keeps playerbase active. Nobody likes random rolls based on luck, but what do I know I'm not a game developer. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 11:52 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Yep most of my perks are epic with slim to none on drawbacks. I’ve got a lot of legendaries I’ve sold bc my epics were better. Today I rolled a legendary medic with 10% healing increase -5% damage taken and 3% repair increase. Then I have an epic with 10% healing increase 0% damage taken. It’s a no brainer which one is better, and it makes no sense why legendaries have drawbacks for this reason. The perk system needs to be fixed

Not all epic perks have no negative effects. Legendaries are the same way. I have quite a few perfect legendary perks. Keep on rolling...

15 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Not all epic perks have no negative effects. Legendaries are the same way. I have quite a few perfect legendary perks. Keep on rolling...

No I know that. But I have more perfect epics then perfect legendaries. I think the chance to roll no drawbacks are more common with epic then legendary. 

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

No I know that. But I have more perfect epics then perfect legendaries. I think the chance to roll no drawbacks are more common with epic then legendary. 

I think they loosen up the slot machine when they're doing double XP. I haven't rolled shit for good perks lately. 

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I think they loosen up the slot machine when they're doing double XP. I haven't rolled shit for good perks lately. 

I always roll garbage perks all the time. I just want perfect legendaries for my main perks I use. Is that too much to ask 😑

27 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I always roll garbage perks all the time. I just want perfect legendaries for my main perks I use. Is that too much to ask 😑

Not for me. 😎  I've got some pretty decent legendary perks. Perfect 20% thick skin, medic and nerves of steel. Also thrasher and a few others that I don't use. I have 2 perfect sluggers depending on your outlook. One with 0 negative stun chance and one with -10 stun chance. Both perfect depending on whether or not you want that stun. 

But I rolled epic thick skin, medic, and nerves of steel on both my second and third accounts before level 15 so maybe I'm just lucky.

21 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Not for me. 😎  I've got some pretty decent legendary perks. Perfect 20% thick skin, medic and nerves of steel. Also thrasher and a few others that I don't use. I have 2 perfect sluggers depending on your outlook. One with 0 negative stun chance and one with -10 stun chance. Both perfect depending on whether or not you want that stun. 

But I rolled epic thick skin, medic, and nerves of steel on both my second and third accounts before level 15 so maybe I'm just lucky.

Damn lucky you.

I have a perfect legendary marathon 14% stam increase -0% sprint speed reduced. Then I got a perfect epic thick skin 19% -0% stumble chance, epic medic 10% healing 0% damage taken, epic nos 10% fear res -0% sprint speed reduced.

i have some other good percentages on other perks as well like sucker punch, swift attacker, etc. 

i hope one day to have perfect legendary thick skin, medic, nos, and sucker punch. 

12 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Damn lucky you.

I have a perfect legendary marathon 14% stam increase -0% sprint speed reduced. Then I got a perfect epic thick skin 19% -0% stumble chance, epic medic 10% healing 0% damage taken, epic nos 10% fear res -0% sprint speed reduced.

i have some other good percentages on other perks as well like sucker punch, swift attacker, etc. 

i hope one day to have perfect legendary thick skin, medic, nos, and sucker punch. 

I don't believe in sucker punch. Never use it. The only Jason I've ever had trouble dropping to his knees without it is part 5. Dropped a part 7 without it the other day using a machete.

I don't want my machete hits to stun. Bats axes and wrenches usually stun without it. If I'm engaging Jason by myself I'll try to dodge cancel. If I'm engaging Jason with a teammate I don't need it anyway.

Plus once Jason enters rage it's completely worthless. I can't waste a perk slot on a perk that might not be any good for half a match.

51 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I don't believe in sucker punch. Never use it. The only Jason I've ever had trouble dropping to his knees without it is part 5. Dropped a part 7 without it the other day using a machete.

I don't want my machete hits to stun. Bats axes and wrenches usually stun without it. If I'm engaging Jason by myself I'll try to dodge cancel. If I'm engaging Jason with a teammate I don't need it anyway.

Plus once Jason enters rage it's completely worthless. I can't waste a perk slot on a perk that might not be any good for half a match.

Sucker punch has its time and place for its uses. Either by just slowing him down, distracting Jason so others can repair, guaranteed drop to Jason’s knees for the kill, if you get the car stopped and need to drop him to get your car back, etc..... after rage it’s useless though. Which sucks. 

The whole system needs to go.

Special Abilities should've stayed. While it would've added additional meta, it would've also added layers to the counselors.

More casualties of a rushed launch.

Then they tease and acknowledge how fruitless the perk system is from the boss himself, then put it on hold because apparently they can only do one thing at a time (roofs).

You can spend 100k cp and get nothing worthwhile. Most of them are useless, half of the good ones tip the scale of balance in favor of counselor.

Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to create a perk that allowed counselors to quickly swing through Jason's swings, making his blocking mechanic therefore irrelevant?

Seriously, if Jason had to deal with lobbies of nothing but epic/legendary swift attacker and good/decent medic/hypo, he'd be dead every single time provided the lobby was going for the kill and not just a lobby of do nothings mixed with objective types. Even buffing his mask hp would do absolutely nothing. The only fix would be adding a cooldown when counselors get hit so they can't just spam melee and overpower the 7 foot killer with ease.

Bad design.

Get rid of shitty legendary perks! Why is a "legendary" 18/-4/1 then the epic is 20/0?! There should be no negative values on legendary perks. The high value should be the highest and you shouldnt have to spend 1 million CP to get a sub par legendary perk. 

On 5/27/2019 at 12:15 PM, AshTray900 said:

Not a bad idea or concept I agree with this suggestion.