Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Personally at this point I'd be fine with counselor traps removed from quick play but remain in private lobbies. Aren't traps how counselors get on the roofs anyways? Saw a Bugzy running around Crystal Lake yesterday with a trap when I escaped and went to spectate another counselor then I go back to Bugzy he's on the roof of the restrooms dancing. 

I think they should definitely rework the trap mechanics, because I do believe the X button (I'm on PS4) on screen are how counselors are able to teleport to the rooftops. 

Another suggestion is make traps like Jason's where once it's set you cannot move the trap again or reset it once stepped in and so teamers don't take advantage of this make it so counselors can't step in other counselor place traps. While this would be considered a buff to counselors I'd much rather have it this way then watching counselors dancing on roofs wasting time. 

They talk about wanting to patch the roofs and while that's great I think maybe the traps are the real issue here because I haven't even seen Gun mention fixing Crystal Lake restroom roofs nor did I know myself people could get up there till yesterday. So at this point I'm just sick of the counselor traps in general and surprised nothing has been done by now to them if they're a big reason how counselors get on the rooftops. 

I think also another idea would be if they don't wanna fix the traps make it so if a counselor goes on a rooftop it's an automatic suicide but count it as a murder point for Jason. 

I just think at this point counselor traps do more harm to the game then good and I never seen people really talk about changing the traps it's always about fixing the roof but if fixing the traps helps with fixing the roof glitches then change the traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like traps and wouldn’t want them gone from QP.

I definitely get your frustration at people using them in an exploitive way though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get on almost every roof on every map using the trap rubber banding method. 

That still doesn't mean that traps should just be removed from the game.

Traps are now an integral part of kiting Jason late in a match when he's in rage as they are one of only 3 ways to stun him briefly.  traps, pocket knives, shotguns.  

Remove the traps and you make kiting Jason even more difficult. 

Your other idea would do absolutely nothing to change anything.  Can't move a trap once its placed?  Ok, so the teamers grab traps and take them to the same house.  Jump out a window and injure themselves to limping and then go step in the trap set by their buddy...they're still dead and they didn't suicide.  I'm guessing you suggested this one to stop people killing each other to come back as Tommy early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You can get on almost every roof on every map using the trap rubber banding method. 

That still doesn't mean that traps should just be removed from the game.

Traps are now an integral part of kiting Jason late in a match when he's in rage as they are one of only 3 ways to stun him briefly.  traps, pocket knives, shotguns.  

Remove the traps and you make kiting Jason even more difficult. 

Your other idea would do absolutely nothing to change anything.  Can't move a trap once its placed?  Ok, so the teamers grab traps and take them to the same house.  Jump out a window and injure themselves to limping and then go step in the trap set by their buddy...they're still dead and they didn't suicide.  I'm guessing you suggested this one to stop people killing each other to come back as Tommy early. 

No... From what I was saying is once a counselor trap gets stepped in it's done and cannot be used again like Jason's. So once a counselor places a trap down it cannot be moved again or reset. 

I for one want something traps done because I don't think all roofs will be 100% glitch free and like I said I had no clue about people even getting on the roof at the restrooms on Crystal Lake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brogan322, I understand your frustrations. I wouldn't remove traps from Quick Play. There's no point in punishing players who use the traps as intended just because others abuse them.

I like the idea of glitching on the roof being instant death. However, I wouldn't award the kill to Jason, as he didn't kill the counselor himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

@Brogan322, I understand your frustrations. I wouldn't remove traps from Quick Play. There's no point in punishing players who use the traps as intended just because others abuse them.

I like the idea of glitching on the roof being instant death. However, I wouldn't award the kill to Jason, as he didn't kill the counselor himself.

I also left another suggestion to keep traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I also left another suggestion to keep traps.

Traps being broken after being sprung would be practical. Traps should be moveable if they haven't been sprung on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of traps; could you guys allow Jason to place his traps over his disarmed ones?  This would really help with protecting objectives 😂 @mattshotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, SirMang said:

You can get on almost every roof on every map using the trap rubber banding method. 

That still doesn't mean that traps should just be removed from the game.

Traps are now an integral part of kiting Jason late in a match when he's in rage as they are one of only 3 ways to stun him briefly.  traps, pocket knives, shotguns.  

Remove the traps and you make kiting Jason even more difficult. 

Your other idea would do absolutely nothing to change anything.  Can't move a trap once its placed?  Ok, so the teamers grab traps and take them to the same house.  Jump out a window and injure themselves to limping and then go step in the trap set by their buddy...they're still dead and they didn't suicide.  I'm guessing you suggested this one to stop people killing each other to come back as Tommy early. 

I watched a person with the tag Sir Mang on PS4 team up on a streamer the other day with Jason. "Sir Mang" was Jenny and driving around trying to hit the streamer while Jason hunted her inside the cabins. Jason was a guy with a tag that read "not really that good" or something similar. Tell us @SirMang why should we bother listening to anything you have to say if this was you? @Brogan322 has a decent point. He also knows the streamer in question as well. But hey who knows. Maybe someone else goes by the name Sir Mang on PS4. I personally dont think its likely. If you want to comment on teaming perhaps you shouldn't do it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alien_Number_Six

"... But I will no longer be engaging with the forums."

Couldn't help it?  It'd be nice for you to actually play with us like you used to instead of streaming and playing solo.  We've been doing a Movie Marathon idea that @Redrum138 came up with (I think).  Having another willing participant would help fill the lobby when we group up (best played with a full lobby, MAYBE -1).

  As for the forum, don't waste your time calling anyone out, and I don't mean "be nice to everyone".  If people are going to fuck off, they will always do it and moreso when called on it (because, you know, only the elite know how to glitch slide/roof hop/ abduct/etc...).  They know better, but don't care, so long as they get any sort of rise out of someone.  Just play with us and forego the bullshit cheaters and douchebags.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 10:26 PM, Fair Play said:

Traps being broken after being sprung would be practical. Traps should be moveable if they haven't been sprung on both sides.

The biggest problem with that though would be Jason helpers. If they use perks to start with a med spray and get 2 uses out of it, then they just search the map looking for more spray, they can just set off all the traps so that they can't be used on Jason. Ecen worse tgey could set all the traps in useless areas that Jasonwould never go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

@Alien_Number_Six

"... But I will no longer be engaging with the forums."

Couldn't help it?  It'd be nice for you to actually play with us like you used to instead of streaming and playing solo.  We've been doing a Movie Marathon idea that @Redrum138 came up with (I think).  Having another willing participant would help fill the lobby when we group up (best played with a full lobby, MAYBE -1).

  As for the forum, don't waste your time calling anyone out, and I don't mean "be nice to everyone".  If people are going to fuck off, they will always do it and moreso when called on it (because, you know, only the elite know how to glitch slide/roof hop/ abduct/etc...).  They know better, but don't care, so long as they get any sort of rise out of someone.  Just play with us and forego the bullshit cheaters and douchebags.

Yes! Six would probably like the marathon challenge, and we could definitely use more good players!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I watched a person with the tag Sir Mang on PS4 team up on a streamer the other day with Jason. "Sir Mang" was Jenny and driving around trying to hit the streamer while Jason hunted her inside the cabins. Jason was a guy with a tag that read "not really that good" or something similar. Tell us @SirMang why should we bother listening to anything you have to say if this was you? @Brogan322 has a decent point. He also knows the streamer in question as well. But hey who knows. Maybe someone else goes by the name Sir Mang on PS4. I personally dont think its likely. If you want to comment on teaming perhaps you shouldn't do it. 

I teamed up on a streamer?  Didn't know and didn't care! 

I just felt like running people over with the car. 

One of those moods, see if I could outkill the killer for shits and giggles.

I actually wanted to help the Tiffany escape, hence how I was lining up the passenger door with the window Tiffany was by, or the doorway when she was by that.  I'm guessing you must have been Tiffany. 

And then I would have trolled Jason with my driving, because Jason has almost zero ability to stop a car if the driver knows how to use his mini-map.  

But thanks for the call out!  Appreciate you.  *blows kissies* 

Of course this has nothing to do with the topic of traps at hand, as I wasn't blocking doorways or setting traps in doorways, or trapping windows.  But not the point, I guess! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 11:22 AM, Chrisdahlia said:

The biggest problem with that though would be Jason helpers. If they use perks to start with a med spray and get 2 uses out of it, then they just search the map looking for more spray, they can just set off all the traps so that they can't be used on Jason. Ecen worse tgey could set all the traps in useless areas that Jasonwould never go.

That could be seen as a problem now, for some players.

There are those who play with decent players and do not have a Jason helper in their circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, glowing ooze said:

traps are a big part of the game for me. i trap the living hell out of everything.

I love traps and agree with your sentiments even if I am a bit more cautious about running out then you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 5:06 PM, SirMang said:

I teamed up on a streamer?  Didn't know and didn't care! 

I just felt like running people over with the car. 

One of those moods, see if I could outkill the killer for shits and giggles.

 

Oh dear. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, SirMang said:

I teamed up on a streamer?  Didn't know and didn't care! 

I just felt like running people over with the car. 

One of those moods, see if I could outkill the killer for shits and giggles.

I actually wanted to help the Tiffany escape, hence how I was lining up the passenger door with the window Tiffany was by, or the doorway when she was by that.  I'm guessing you must have been Tiffany. 

And then I would have trolled Jason with my driving, because Jason has almost zero ability to stop a car if the driver knows how to use his mini-map.  

But thanks for the call out!  Appreciate you.  *blows kissies* 

Of course this has nothing to do with the topic of traps at hand, as I wasn't blocking doorways or setting traps in doorways, or trapping windows.  But not the point, I guess! 

Literally caught, bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well on PC/Steam as of late I have only seen 1 roof glitcher in like 3 weeks.That may have something to do with people not being able to log in to the game or they  realize most Jason players know how to do the same trick or maybe they have started banning people? Doubts on that last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Literally caught, bye.

At least I admit to trolling people.  

I do it as Jason as well.  Such as, making the entire lobby limp and leave them to figure out how to escape while killing no one. 

When you're 150 and the only thing you have left to do is 1000 matches as Jason, you find ways to have your own fun. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...