So this is a post for anyone whos unlocked the PhD in murder achievment, I'm hoping you can help me out. 1st off can progress be made in offline bots or is it strictly multiplayer matches? 2nd did/is anyone else having trouble making progress? I go back to check on how far I am constantly but my completetion percentage keeps fluctuating. I was playing offline bots for a few hours thinking I could make some progress and my numbers just kept going back and forth anywhere from 60% to 66% complete. I spent 2,500 CP on the Rugby Player kill, figuring it was needed to progress and went into a game with just me and 1 bot, I used the kill on her but after it ended I went to check my progress and had dropped from 66% down to 60% does anyone know what's up with this?

6 hours ago, Chrisdahlia said:

So this is a post for anyone whos unlocked the PhD in murder achievment, I'm hoping you can help me out. 1st off can progress be made in offline bots or is it strictly multiplayer matches? 2nd did/is anyone else having trouble making progress? I go back to check on how far I am constantly but my completetion percentage keeps fluctuating. I was playing offline bots for a few hours thinking I could make some progress and my numbers just kept going back and forth anywhere from 60% to 66% complete. I spent 2,500 CP on the Rugby Player kill, figuring it was needed to progress and went into a game with just me and 1 bot, I used the kill on her but after it ended I went to check my progress and had dropped from 66% down to 60% does anyone know what's up with this?

You do not need the 3 free dlc kills, 5 free dlc environment kills or any paid dlc kills for Ph.D. in murder.

You need all grapple kills, all weapon kills, and all environmental kills.

Are you on ps4, x bone or pc? I can help boost on ps4

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

You do not need the 3 free dlc kills, 5 free dlc environment kills or any paid dlc kills for Ph.D. in murder.

You need all grapple kills, all weapon kills, and all environmental kills.

Are you on ps4, x bone or pc? I can help boost on ps4

I'm on Xbox one, do you have any idea about whether or not you can progress by killing offline bots though? I've performed nearly every kill I can find and still am only in the 60% area

3 hours ago, Chrisdahlia said:

I'm on Xbox one, do you have any idea about whether or not you can progress by killing offline bots though? I've performed nearly every kill I can find and still am only in the 60% area

Hide & seek kills in the barn, outhouses, beds, and closets are each separate. That might be a miss. You also need each environmental & grab kill. Offline bots should work.

50 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Hide & seek kills in the barn, outhouses, beds, and closets are each separate. That might be a miss. You also need each environmental & grab kill. Offline bots should work.

I actually just got an email back from Gun, they said that progress is earned through online matches apparently bots don't work. Still though, doesn't explain why my progress dropped from 66 to 60 but whatever I guess. At least now I know what to focus on.

I am missing 8 kills. I have been missing them for 2 years. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am missing since I did all the freaking kills I could, I even watched some videos on youtube and did not see any of the kills I am missing. I think it might be just glitched.

18 hours ago, Survival said:

I am missing 8 kills. I have been missing them for 2 years. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am missing since I did all the freaking kills I could, I even watched some videos on youtube and did not see any of the kills I am missing. I think it might be just glitched.

It's not glitched. I believe they've fixed that long ago. You need each weapon kill, minus DLCs for parts 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Savini, 4 & 5 do not count. You need each type of hide and seek kill i mentioned. You need each grapple kill excluding the 3 you unlock past level 100. Each environmental including drowning 

5 hours ago, sedaiv said:

It's not glitched. I believe they've fixed that long ago. You need each weapon kill, minus DLCs for parts 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Savini, 4 & 5 do not count. You need each type of hide and seek kill i mentioned. You need each grapple kill excluding the 3 you unlock past level 100. Each environmental including drowning 

I do have used all of those. I checked the list of kills, I even have the extra ones I do not need. I have repeated all the kills several times, including the fence impalements etc. The counter just does not move for some reason.

6 hours ago, Survival said:

I do have used all of those. I checked the list of kills, I even have the extra ones I do not need. I have repeated all the kills several times, including the fence impalements etc. The counter just does not move for some reason.

Are you on ps4 or x bone or pc

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

Are you on ps4 or x bone or pc

I am on PC

Apologies for the long post but I've unlocked the PHD trophy 3 times with this list:

GRAB KILLS:

Back breaker, bear hug, body slam, choke, eye gouge, head crush, head punch, head rip, head squeeze, head stomp, heart punch, jaw rip, knee snap, neck twist, two handed choke

WEAPON KILLS 

J2: can opener, headbutt, throat hack

J3: crotch chop, head chop, stunner

J6: knockdown, spear impale, shish kabob

J7: dismember, eviscerate, machete stab

J8: chin strike, double tap, fire axe throw

J9: chest stab/head chop, decapitate, how to peel a coconut

Map specific (LARGE MAP ONLY):

Crystal Lake:

repair shop (back room): corner slam

Higgins Haven:

barn fence: face smash

Barn closet: seek and destroy

Graveyard fence: impale

Hiding spot kills: bed, closet, outhouse, sleeping bag

Enviro kills: big tree impale, bird bath, cabin wall back breaker, cabin wall head punch, cabin wall head slam, campfire, chair, coat hook, corner slam (can be done on desk, Higgins porch, Pack porch, rock, shuffleboard, table, or tombstone), door slam, drowning, fireplace, small tree arm rip, toilet, tree stump, water pump, window (I used second story closed window at Pack large)

I only used Large variants of Crystal Lake, Packanack, and Higgins Haven for all kills. And I used the original Jason's with their original weapons for the Jason specific kills. Also online only. Kills against the bots are not saved after the match and therefore don't count.

Also worth noting is that it didn't always pop the trophy the first time through. I had to go back and do some environmental kills and map specific kills over before it would pop. Not sure why that is.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 5:45 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

You also have to kill Jason to also add to the Ph.D in Murder Trophy.

Yep, this is apparently one that people miss. Can’t forget to murder the killer to get every kill in the game, lol, it’s ridiculous but fair.

Ironically I got it today with a Jason kill, even though I’ve killed him before. (Must have been what Somethin was referring to above, sometimes they just don’t stick). Three trophies left to go 500, 1000, and the every trophy bonus trophy. 

@Somethin Cool, thanks for the list. I’m sure it will help.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, this is apparently one that people miss. Can’t forget to murder the killer to get every kill in the game, lol, it’s ridiculous but fair.

Ironically I got it today with a Jason kill, even though I’ve killed him before. (Must have been what Somethin was referring to above, sometimes they just don’t stick). Three trophies left to go 500, 1000, and the every trophy bonus trophy. 

@Somethin Cool, thanks for the list. I’m sure it will help.

I realized when I killed roy it didnt give me the achievement....because he isnt Jason which made me smile.

• Haha 1