Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

I think the op is wanting to re work Jason way way too much. When it comes to buffing Jason, it’s simple. Way more HP, quick block, give him slightly longer invincibility frames after he wakes up out of stuns, animations, and finishing kills, speed up grabbing throwing knife animation, bring stalk into the match faster, and let each Jason reset 2 traps

these are all the realistic changes the devs could add in to help Jason deal with coordinated kill squads working with big groups. The main problem Jason has is defending himself against groups trying to kill him. 

But really tbh, who knows when the devs will give Jason this much needed buff he really needs...... I would like to see the Jason kill as a rare thing to happen. 

Sounds about right, one or two could be skipped if they were a programming hassle but I’d like to see most or all of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

I get the timing right. I know the time delays as a counselor well enough to land them. I've been doing it from behind, like a rogue, since 9/16. If the counselor hesitates, you have time to combat stance block it. However, Morphing out instead is safer.

If you get the timing for the hit right you're either going to miss or the Jason doesn't know what he's doing. It'll work on qp Jason's for sure. They don't know any better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

If you get the timing for the hit right you're either going to miss or the Jason doesn't know what he's doing. It'll work on qp Jason's for sure. They don't know any better...

Or I simply know the frame perfect time to swing. Some people ARE talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Or I simply know the frame perfect time to swing. Some people ARE talented.

I hit the timing perfect too. But that only matters if Jason doesn't move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I hit the timing perfect too. But that only matters if Jason doesn't move

Good idea: being nut to butt on Jason.

Bad idea: Being ANYWHERE else.

 

Or you're missing rhe frame because I always do this and miss 1 in 20 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Good idea: being nut to butt on Jason.

Bad idea: Being ANYWHERE else.

 

Or you're missing rhe frame because I always do this and miss 1 in 20 times.

Lol or Jason simply walks past the swing. But thanks for the tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol or Jason simply walks past the swing. But thanks for the tips.

I only miss when i miss my frame perfect time and land on Iframes or he is faster at instant morph/shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sedaiv said:

I only miss when i miss my frame perfect time and land on Iframes or he is faster at instant morph/shift.

Because the Jason is uneducated and doesn't step past the swing. Instant morph/shift can only be done after the invulnerability frames are over. However Jason can move before the invulnerability frames are over. So all he needs to do is side step your swing, twirl around on your whiff, grab you, and stop your clock (assuming you don't have a pk). But 99.9% of Jason players don't know that so that's why wake up demasking works as often as it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 8:54 AM, SmoothCriminal said:

For repairs being longer would be better. It would discourage players with councelors with bad repairs stats from repairing as often. The repair ratio for Vanessa is ridicolous given her repair is a 2 as an example, its too quick with only four to five skill checks if done right. Same some other councilors with bad repair. As for the good repair councelors its fine now the way it is, but the like I said the repair ratio compared with the repair stats of each councelor needs changing.

Why do you (as Jason) care if low-repair counselors are doing repairs? 99% of the time, a Vanessa/Buggzy/Chad/Tiffany/etc... is going to fuck up at least once, which will benefit you because you'll hear it and can then Morph over and kill their dumb ass. Why would you possibly want to discourage this? 

Edit:

I've come to believe that animations themselves play a much bigger role in Jason-kills than most people realize. Think about all the things Jason does that gives counselors a chance at a free shot:

Opening/breaking down doors

Collecting knives

Breaking power-boxes/Fuse-box/radios

Setting traps

Grabbing/carrying a counselor

Performing grab-kills 

Getting stunned by melee hits/firecrackers/pocketknives/projectiles

Stepping in counselor bear-traps.

Until something is done about Jason's ridiculously low HP, I honestly think the best way to deal with counselors trying to kill you is to spam the living shit out of block and R2 and refrain as much as possible from anything that has an animation attached to it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Because the Jason is uneducated and doesn't step past the swing. Instant morph/shift can only be done after the invulnerability frames are over. However Jason can move before the invulnerability frames are over. So all he needs to do is side step your swing, twirl around on your whiff, grab you, and stop your clock (assuming you don't have a pk). But 99.9% of Jason players don't know that so that's why wake up demasking works as often as it does.

Or if the swing at the right frame during a heavy attack, the moment Jason has controll again he's immediately hit. I know what I'm doing, I've almost mastered the physics in the game. When I want Jason's mask off, it'll be off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sedaiv said:

Or if the swing at the right frame during a heavy attack, the moment Jason has controll again he's immediately hit. I know what I'm doing, I've almost mastered the physics in the game. When I want Jason's mask off, it'll be off

And you've been playing since launch and you're a god at this game. I've heard it all before...

What platform you play on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

And you've been playing since launch and you're a god at this game. I've heard it all before...

What platform you play on?

PS4, I'm GOOD at this game. I'm NOT great. I'm NOT God. I've been killed being overly confidant as a counsellor. I've been killed as Jason through glitching (knocked off maps, falleb through maps, counsellors exploiting, etc.). I know the physics very well, it'll happen when you play 8-16 hours a day, everyday since June 2016. There are people that are just good, others that are great. I'm humble, i know I'm the former and not latter. Don't put words in my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sedaiv said:

PS4, I'm GOOD at this game. I'm NOT great. I'm NOT God. I've been killed being overly confidant as a counsellor. I've been killed as Jason through glitching (knocked off maps, falleb through maps, counsellors exploiting, etc.). I know the physics very well, it'll happen when you play 8-16 hours a day, everyday since June 2016. There are people that are just good, others that are great. I'm humble, i know I'm the former and not latter. Don't put words in my mouth.

Add me. PSN Somethin_Cool111

I'm busy today but tomorrow I'll get you in a private match. You can test your skills and try to demask me on wake up with heavy attacks. You, me, and we'll get a Chad with a ball bat to stun me. All you'll have to do is demask me on wake up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sounds about right, one or two could be skipped if they were a programming hassle but I’d like to see most or all of that. 

Yeah I’m not too sure what they have to do with programming those buffs and what all goes into it with the amount of work it is. But if the programming wasn’t too much to do I don’t know why this shouldn’t be higher priority.  

I killed a Jason yesterday. De masked him with a couple hits, he goes “what...?? Ok” I’m like yeah man honestly Jason needs more health. I wish the fights with Jason lasted longer to get his mask off and it was more of a struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I wish the fights with Jason lasted longer to get his mask off and it was more of a struggle.

Oh but then you'd have a bunch of new topics saying Jason is too OP AGAIN for the gazillionth time just like we just got with the rage upgrade.LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Oh but then you'd have a bunch of new topics saying Jason is too OP AGAIN for the gazillionth time just like we just got with the rage upgrade.LOL

People will cry and shed tears, even when an obvious buff is needed. People really lack common sense. Especially those that think they’re gods at the game bc they kill jason all their games. They would also be the same people to come on here to cry about the buffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Oh but then you'd have a bunch of new topics saying Jason is too OP AGAIN for the gazillionth time just like we just got with the rage upgrade.LOL

Of course, it'll make the killing Jason trophy mean something again. You can't make Jason an unstoppable killing machine like he's meant to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Add me. PSN Somethin_Cool111

I'm busy today but tomorrow I'll get you in a private match. You can test your skills and try to demask me on wake up with heavy attacks. You, me, and we'll get a Chad with a ball bat to stun me. All you'll have to do is demask me on wake up.

Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving. You'll need to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 2:27 AM, Fair Play said:

Just find like minded players and play Private matches. It's the next best alternative.

I play solo and have done during this game, when I find myself in lobbies with parties of people. They allways go for the person they dont know first and team me as a councelor. 

Last night I had time to play only two rounds. The first was Higgens Small. Two level 150s in a clan Jason councelor tag team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 3:14 AM, Fair Play said:

How'd you do?

Im talking about making it a standard, (making the game moreof a challenge) fighting competition not knowing your competition is harder than knowing who you are up against when it comes by. Information is power. Its like a fight, the more you know about someone else, the easier it is too find a way to win. The unkown is more challenging often. Plus I dont really care for tournaments, I've been top five in the world in another game and not bothered about it. but at the the end of the day the game for councelors needs to be more challenging in different ways. How many times has someone boasted this that or the other when competing in competitive sports including gaming only to be blasted away by someone better and previously unkown before. Then everyone flocks to observe and check on how this person plays the game to better their skills. 

Plus im not on Playstation anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Why do you (as Jason) care if low-repair counselors are doing repairs? 99% of the time, a Vanessa/Buggzy/Chad/Tiffany/etc... is going to fuck up at least once, which will benefit you because you'll hear it and can then Morph over and kill their dumb ass. Why would you possibly want to discourage this? 

Edit:

I've come to believe that animations themselves play a much bigger role in Jason-kills than most people realize. Think about all the things Jason does that gives counselors a chance at a free shot:

Opening/breaking down doors

Collecting knives

Breaking power-boxes/Fuse-box/radios

Setting traps

Grabbing/carrying a counselor

Performing grab-kills 

Getting stunned by melee hits/firecrackers/pocketknives/projectiles

Stepping in counselor bear-traps.

Until something is done about Jason's ridiculously low HP, I honestly think the best way to deal with counselors trying to kill you is to spam the living shit out of block and R2 and refrain as much as possible from anything that has an animation attached to it. 

 

Actually repair is more overpowered for low repaired stat councelors. If that Vanessa is  one skill check away when the mess up they can still easily get the part in quickly. Jason could've already used shift just before the mess up is heard and the morph quite often in favour for the councelor. If less time to the end of the repair is less time for Jason to close them down. I have tested this tons of times, with the timing in high tier lobbies and got the part in and survived. Also when all good repair councelors die quickly from a good player playing as Jason. Especially when there can only be 4 to 5 skill checks for that Vanessa. I also think that 99% of the time is inaccurate, I have repaired and seen lots other experienced players as a Vanessa etc, repair the entire car and boat without messing up once. Including no choice situations. So assuming that councelor will make a mess up is an underestimation. I have also seen people being suprised by this and wanting to be friends for that reason.

Theres also another window at the very start of the game where a less than 2 minuite escape is possable in high teir game, its been done on both Crystal Lake and Packanack. Even with a very good Jason because the Jason abilities at that time. Combined with knowledge of spawn places, timing it right with Jason's abilities and other reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 8:37 AM, SmoothCriminal said:

plus im not on Playstation anyways.

When I asked how one did, I was speaking to another member.

Would you mind cutting back on the consecutive posts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...