Jump to content

Recommended Posts

At the momment most rounds in where all people do is try and kill Jason. There is often no other tactic of surviving that councelors use. When playing as Jason its annoying nearly every lobby is trying just trying to kill Jason. People will say, thats just the Jason playing bad. I never die when playing as Jason, but the games mechanics are still unbalanced. I love the unstunnable Jason in rage mode at the momment, its awesome. Jason still needs buffing however. The whole origonal idea of it being extremely hard to kill Jason is nott present in the game. I want to suggest a few changes that should correct this.

•Atleast increase the total hit point pool of each Jason by 50% to 75%.

•Increase 10% to 20% to stun resisstance to each Jason for the whole round. Also while keeping each strength and weaknesses of each Jason.

In return for councelors.

•Nerf sense abillity so Jason doesn't just kill everyone in four minuites. But obviously keeping sense better for Jasons with sense as a strength.

There are far too many people as councelors running around thinking they are good when they are not. I dont die over 90% of the time as a counselor and its completely boring. Whatever happened to the whole idea surviving the round as a councelor was rewarding. I want it to be a fight for life at the momment as a councelor even more. 

•Maybe even make hardcore quick play mode where every Jason is buffed up to give betrer players as councelors a challenge for once.

I know which one I would choose if their was an option between quick play and hardcore quick play. I would choose hardcore quick play even if I was a councelor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think sense is fine. The 50%-75% buff is nice too. The counselors are strong enough as is. The stun resistance numbers are also fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

•Jason gets stalk earlier.

•It makes sense that when Jason gets rage, thats when he can only see people it red.

•The first half of the round when Jason has sense you only see movement circles.  

•If the lights are on then cabins aren't red during sense in the first half of the round.

•Increase slightly the detection circles in the first half of round during sense only.

•Then decrease movement circles during rage. But cabins in red during rage stay the same.

For councelors.

•All repairs take much longer. Keeping the same ratio between councelors with good repair with the ones with bad repair skills. Incourages teamwork and more strategy. Also making councelor selection more important to consider. So the whole lobby is less of a spam of everyone being nearly the same type of characters. Everyone has more responsability for their councelor skills.

•If a councilor kills another councelor with the front of the car it stalls the engine and the car needs to be started again. 

• Also private party chat disabled, forced into game chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All they really need to do is fix combat stance so you can instant block and instant swing out of block like it use to be and bring back meat shielding. Some more pre rage stun resistance wouldn't hurt though and make it harder for the mask to come off. Deborah with a tree branch shouldn't be stunning Jason seemingly 90% of the time. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SmoothCriminal @TimDuke 01 adding stun resistance will not help.

Sorry @SmoothCriminal but you're all over the place with these ideas. Let's see:

Added stun resistance cancels out your hit point buff

Nerfing counselors repair cancels out counselors trying to do anything BUT kill Jason

Nerfing sense makes it easier for "counselors that think they're good when they're not" to survive

As far as I know party chat can't be disabled and even if it can be people have smart phones

Stalk without sense is about worthless to Jason

I get that Jason needs a little work but where are we going with this???

Edit: you say you don't die as Jason and that you survive as counselor 90 percent of the time yet you make a post on how Jason needs a buff, most of which is actually a nerf. Then you say counselors need to do something other than kill Jason, but go on to nerf counselors repair. Then give them a buff that promotes not accomplishing objectives by messing up sense and swapping messed up sense with stalk. Then go on to suggest "hardcore mode".

I'm going to throw out a few guesses now:

a) you die as Jason a lot

b) you die as counselor a lot

c) you ARE in fact one of the very people that "thinks they're good when they're not"

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

All they really need to do is fix combat stance so you can instant block and instant swing out of block like it use to be and bring back meat shielding.

Agreed 💯

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would adding stun resistance not help? The less time he spends stunned is more time he  has to kill. They could either give it to Jason or lower the percentage chance on some weapons.As I pointed out a low luck lower strength character shouldn't be stunning Jason with a lower class weapon very often but it seemingly happens a lot. At least to me it does. Double tapping is still a thing too. You can get a cheap hit/stun on him as he comes out of any animation he gets locked into except the rage through door /wall.  He needs few more seconds of stun immunity/resistance coming out of said animations. IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@TimDuke 01 because hits that don't stun do more damage to Jason than hits that do stun. Lowering stun duration would be fine as it would still register as a stun thereby doing less damage. But taking away the stun all together would just make the mask come off that much faster. This is also the reason that the rage buff doesn't help as much as everyone thinks it does. 

Edit: @TimDuke 01 Jason has damage immunity coming out of stuns. If block was fixed in QP Jason would be able to get into block before he could take damage 99.9% of the time. 

Btw double tap is worthless for combat. A good turn and burn is just as fast and in my opinion better than counselor double tap. Also a counselor running swift attack just spamming weapon swing is swinging faster than someone using double tap.  It's just a parlor trick. Jason double tap is equally ineffective for combat. The hit boxes for Jason and counselors are just too soft. 

Edited by Somethin Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

@SmoothCriminal @TimDuke 01 adding stun resistance will not help.

Sorry @SmoothCriminal but you're all over the place with these ideas. Let's see:

Added stun resistance cancels out your hit point buff

Nerfing counselors repair cancels out counselors trying to do anything BUT kill Jason

Nerfing sense makes it easier for "counselors that think they're good when they're not" to survive

As far as I know party chat can't be disabled and even if it can be people have smart phones

Stalk without sense is about worthless to Jason

I get that Jason needs a little work but where are we going with this???

Edit: you say you don't die as Jason and that you survive as counselor 90 percent of the time yet you make a post on how Jason needs a buff, most of which is actually a nerf. Then you say counselors need to do something other than kill Jason, but go on to nerf counselors repair. Then give them a buff that promotes not accomplishing objectives by messing up sense and swapping messed up sense with stalk. Then go on to suggest "hardcore mode".

I'm going to throw out a few guesses now:

a) you die as Jason a lot

b) you die as counselor a lot

c) you ARE in fact one of the very people that "thinks they're good when they're not"

Agreed 💯

@Somethin CoolYour all over the place, no need to be agressive towards me. My point is the whole balancing needs an overhaul. The gameplay isn't representitive at the momment of the origonal concept of making surviving rewarding. Every game Its to easy to survive and its boring, no challenge often. I want to die more from Jason as a councelor, I like challenges and at the momment their ins't enough frrom Jason. I probably die more by other councelors trying running me over with the car. That doesn't make you less skilled, it actually means more skilled at the game. Your clearly dont read posts properly. 

a) You make arrogant assumptions about me. People have difderent opinions about things, but theres no need to insult them to try to gain domanace. By labelling in your post at the bottom 100% agreed. Also you say im one of three options trying to label people, in fact they are all wrong. No one is allways correct on opinions. To be straight, if I was a moderator on this forum and you said that last section of your post to me. You would convince me to ban you.

b) Your techniqual breakdown of my suggestions and opinions is incorrect of what im trying to say on certain points. You jumped to conclusions.

c) You jump too conclusions about peoples skill who you haven't even played a game with, your certainly agressive. 

As for the techniqual points.

• I never said stalk without sense, stalk earlier but obviously not before sense. Just more time to use the ability.

• If repairs take longer, but killing Jason is harder. People will more often go for the easiet win option as killing Jason would be a much bigger risk. High risk high reward. Jason is supposed to hunt not get surrounded by every councilor in alot of different lobbies the majority of rounds played. Im suggesting this needs breaking down somehow. 

• As for the specific mechanics on sense I disagree with you on the effects of changing it. 

 

@Slasher_Clone.

a) The only nerf on sense in my opinion is seing cabins red at the start of a round.

b) When councelors are red outside its easier to close in the for the kill. The colour red is naturally the strongest colour other the tones black and white for the human brain to process and think. Therefore having it so earlier in the round is with the power on is too powerfull.

c) Movement circle are in my opinion less reliable that the red during sense. Jason gets stronger later in the round, it makes sense that the strongest aspects of sense appear more later on more than it is already.

d) It makes power boxes more important for both Jason and councelors.

• For repairs being longer would be better. It would discourage players with councelors with bad repairs stats from repairing as often. The repair ratio for Vanessa is ridicolous given her repair is a 2 as an example, its too quick with only four to five skill checks if done right. Same some other councilors with bad repair. As for the good repair councelors its fine now the way it is, but the like I said the repair ratio compared with the repair stats of each councelor needs changing.

a) Councelors with bad repair will be the decoy more often and Jason need to remember to keep an eye out more for diversions and when being distracted chasing someone.

b) Aslo it will make hiding more important to ninja in the the car parts etc.

c) If a trap if is by the car for example, it will make it better for decoy councelors to lead Jason away from the car while a stealthy/repair councelors ninjas in the part. When coming out from hiding.

d) Item sharing will be more important. Say the Vanessa sets off a trap by the car but is hurt by it and doesn't have a spray on inventory to heal. The stealthy/repair councelor does. Then for example the Deborah would be more inclined to give the spray before setting off the trap and alerting Jason.

• Forcing people into game chat would be better for Xbox One, Playstation and PC.

a) People would be more carefull in planning team killing as they will be overheard by others in the lobby.

b) Even if its not possable on every platform, the more game chat is used the better the experience.

c) Its been done before on other games.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong with fast combat mode & blocking? Jason's block has diminishing returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok question then.Say the counselor hits Jason coming out of pocket knife animation or any animation for that matter.Does it cause more damage toward the mask coming off? If so  that is why he needs a few seconds of invulnerability to recover enough to at least have a chance to block or swing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Ok question then.Say the counselor hits Jason coming out of pocket knife animation or any animation for that matter.Does it cause more damage toward the mask coming off? If so  that is why he needs a few seconds of invulnerability to recover enough to at least have a chance to block or swing.

@TimDuke 01 I completely agree with you on your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until Jason can walk/grab/slash/power again, he has Iframes from pockets & stuns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Ok question then.Say the counselor hits Jason coming out of pocket knife animation or any animation for that matter.Does it cause more damage toward the mask coming off? If so  that is why he needs a few seconds of invulnerability to recover enough to at least have a chance to block or swing.

Jason has invincibility frames. He's able to move before he's able to take damage. His ability/knife meter will flash when he can take damage. It's very hard to get damage in on wake up hits if the Jason knows what he's doing. And for the counselor it wastes a weapon swing even if they mess the timing up. I'm pretty good at timing wake up hits and I've given that strategy up all together. Risk isn't worth the reward...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SmoothCriminal said:

We need a difderent mode for experienced players.

Just find like minded players and play Private matches. It's the next best alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Just find like minded players and play Private matches. It's the next best alternative.

Yeah I got into tournaments on PS4 to get a good challenge. I guarantee you wouldn't survive often against the top Jason players @SmoothCriminal. Might be something you want to look into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah I got into tournaments on PS4 to get a good challenge. I guarantee you wouldn't survive often against the top Jason players @SmoothCriminal. Might be something you want to look into.

How'd you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

How'd you do?

I do alright. I've survived some top teir Jason players. We've even killed a few. But it's a hell of a lot more of a challenge than QP. These guys really know what they're doing and aren't limited by slow block mechanics like QP Jasons are. You can consider yourself lucky if you even get the mask off, let alone get the kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like some interesting stories for a future thread. I look forward to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Sounds like some interesting stories for a future thread. I look forward to them.

Here's one of my favorite tournament matches. I was  just filling in for another team and even though it was a mixed group we all worked pretty well together. It was a survive the night tournament. Counselors goals are fixing objectives and surviving and you can't escape or kill Jason until the 2 minute warning. Jason gets points by preventing objective completion and killing counselors. Pretty intense and a whole lot of fun...

Edited by Somethin Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Jason has invincibility frames. He's able to move before he's able to take damage. His ability/knife meter will flash when he can take damage. It's very hard to get damage in on wake up hits if the Jason knows what he's doing. And for the counselor it wastes a weapon swing even if they mess the timing up. I'm pretty good at timing wake up hits and I've given that strategy up all together. Risk isn't worth the reward...

It helps to stand behind. I only miss 1 shot on average doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

It helps to stand behind. I only miss 1 shot on average doing that.

You just turn towards the weapon do a little twirl and grab the counselor on the whiff. Or slash, block, or whatever. Hardly anyone ever gets the timing right to actually deal damage against a good knowledgeable Jason anyway. I had so much trouble that I gave up. It's not worth messing with imo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You just turn towards the weapon do a little twirl and grab the counselor on the whiff. Or slash, block, or whatever. Hardly anyone ever gets the timing right to actually deal damage against a good knowledgeable Jason anyway. I had so much trouble that I gave up. It's not worth messing with imo...

I get the timing right. I know the time delays as a counselor well enough to land them. I've been doing it from behind, like a rogue, since 9/16. If the counselor hesitates, you have time to combat stance block it. However, Morphing out instead is safer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the op is wanting to re work Jason way way too much. When it comes to buffing Jason, it’s simple. Way more HP, quick block, give him slightly longer invincibility frames after he wakes up out of stuns, animations, and finishing kills, speed up grabbing throwing knife animation, bring stalk into the match faster, and let each Jason reset 2 traps

these are all the realistic changes the devs could add in to help Jason deal with coordinated kill squads working with big groups. The main problem Jason has is defending himself against groups trying to kill him. 

But really tbh, who knows when the devs will give Jason this much needed buff he really needs...... I would like to see the Jason kill as a rare thing to happen by actually making it a challenge 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...