Should we turn back time and remove item marking?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should we turn back time and remove item marking?

• Yes - It is the equivalent of "hand-holding" in the game.
    • Maybe - Make it an option to toggle on/off in Private matches, but leave it in Quick Play.
    • No - Players would troll again by hoarding and hiding stuff away.
    • I don't care - I have no opinion either way.

I feel like communication was better between players, even in QP, before this was introduced. Once this came in to play the take-nothing-to-the-objective style went in to full effect. 

30 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I feel like communication was better between players, even in QP, before this was introduced. Once this came in to play the take-nothing-to-the-objective style went in to full effect. 

It would seem that as things change, new trends tend to develop.

Yes. Let's just take them off the map so players can put objective parts up on a roof. Jason will be happy. 😂

It's fine the way it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most people including me say trolls would hide valuable stuff. I know after running into a kill lobby, I'd drop the fuse & keys in the shack while dying with the sweater.

I'd keep it in QP, but have a toggle for it in private. With a regular group, who like the challenge of playing without the item markings in private it would be cool. But in QP, where so many don't communicate it would hurt the casual gamer.

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I'd keep it in QP, but have a toggle for it in private. With a regular group, who like the challenge of playing without the item markings in private it would be cool. But in QP, where so many don't communicate it would hurt the casual gamer.

I like the fact that you are looking out for the casual and non-casual players.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 2:14 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I already came up with a good compromise. Not shown on main map,shown on mini map

I agree with basically everything @RustInPeace said earlier (including what he told to @sedaiv , who's assumptions couldn't be further from the truth). Though @TimDuke 01, I've seen your suggestion earlier and I concur, this would be a perfect compromise. Also as @Redrum138 and some others have said, a toggle option or a "no markers in private" would be golden. @mattshotcha , take these to the team if you will?

I enjoyed the game more before they showed items on the map, escaping was more challenging and it felt more rewarding. I just feel for a survival horror game it should never have been added, besides if teamers or trolls wanna make sure you can't escape they just hold the items, so I don't see why this feature was added. 

Doubt it gets changed.

All the updates post launch minus the rage update were geared towards counselors/more casual play.

Even the rage update itself might've been too strong as it only lopsides the meta even more. So now if you are alone, the cops aren't called, etc. The only hope is hording 6 sprays, looping windows and loot dead bodies along the way. Makes for a very predictable, boring game. Forget about stealth, until that gets a buff, its a wishful mechanic.

Even so, lets pretend they consider it.

How long does it take them to make a change or two? Six months or longer so it can 'marinate'.

Don't forget that.

3 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

I enjoyed the game more before they showed items on the map, escaping was more challenging and it felt more rewarding. I just feel for a survival horror game it should never have been added, besides if teamers or trolls wanna make sure you can't escape they just hold the items, so I don't see why this feature was added. 

I share the same sentiment