tyrant666

3 Traps/Jason Alarms Or The Current Negative Shift: Which Hurts More?

Mind you, this isn't a petition to get the trap weakness removed. Just general curiosity.

For me, I think the negative shift in its current state hurts more than less traps/Jason alarms.

Logic being.

1. You won't catch the car against a driver that knows what to do unless they are fucking around, you definitely won't catch them as Part 2 or Part 4 with the slow, quick shift either.

2. It might arguably have some upside in a crowd because of its slow speed it will allow for more control, but that's about it. It won't help you in a long chase.

I think playing Part 2 or Part 4 is only doable if its the small maps since you have to cover less ground. Sure, you do have one extra permanent car to keep track of whereas a boat you can just ignore until you need to pursue. Also only if you're dealing with a lobby mixed of killers or do nothings. Otherwise, both get handcuffed.

I've long argued the Jason alarms/traps lost their usefulness a long time ago. Once players realized however powerful some perks could be that created the meta. You can literally have two counselors tank every single trap and still be good to go with a spare set of sprays, even sparing using a pocket knife on a trap. The only thing that really changes is if you play a negative trap Jason, you have to be more aggressive or more creative in playstyle. With the timer already against you from the start, you can't sit on your hands for long.

JMO.

Which hurts more? Do they both hurt equally? I think the negative Shift in current state hurts more. Luckily only two Jasons have it now, but if it were made only a cooldown hit like negative Morph with the normal speed, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. I think until they buff traps/alarms, regardless if you have 7 alarms or 3, they still don't hurt nearly as much as the other I think.

• Like 1

Negative shift is by far the worst negative attribute for Jason to have.

Part IV with negative shift and negative traps has absolutely no chance against a group of counselors who are dedicated to escape. 

At least Part II can put out a ton of traps but if the car is moving or the boat is moving, he's done like dinner too. 

• Like 2

The shift is definitely worse as you can't go after Buggzy, Vanessa or Tommy easily. Hell, Jenny, Tiff and Chad are difficult as parts 2 & 4.

Having played part 4 & 7 as my main for almost a year, i work around my 3 trap weakness but as they along with part 3 & Savini feel our weakness needs to be offset by traps 1 shotting counselors that don't have Toughness.

Negative shift is pretty bad, but as someone who used to main part 4, I didn’t find it that crippling. His really fast morph plus run saves him a little. I would morph to the cabin a councilor was running to before they got there. Also I played him back when it was popular for the entire lobby to mob Jason, so I liked that I could slash away and take out half the mob before they realized they should start running 

I'd take -traps over -shift. Part 9 is a lot if fun to run once and a while. The problem I run in to with part 2 is the traps being popped so easily with the counselor perks. 

IMO best next thing they could do for the game is just let us choose Jason's loadout. + and - both being required. 

You could run with + traps + knives + weapon damage? Something that suits your play style. Maybe + Shift +  Can Run + Destruction? 

6 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I'd take -traps over -shift. Part 9 is a lot if fun to run once and a while. The problem I run in to with part 2 is the traps being popped so easily with the counselor perks. 

IMO best next thing they could do for the game is just let us choose Jason's loadout. + and - both being required. 

You could run with + traps + knives + weapon damage? Something that suits your play style. Maybe + Shift +  Can Run + Destruction? 

Having +Weapon Strength, +Shift & +Morph with -Stalk, -Water Speed & -Run is simply way over powered.

Part 4 has the special ability to stop a car with a throwing knife. 😂

It's a feature, not a bug. More features are added with every patch.

I use part 4 over Savini Jason. Combat stance doors and move fast.

Traps get tanked easily with thick skin and medic.

Don't have much time to mess around in a lobby full of experienced players.

• Like 1

I do well with part 4, but I agree the combination of -traps and -shift can be very crippling at times.

-shift in general should be reworked. Either keep the 40 second cool down with no speed penalty, or keep the speed penalty and go to a 30 second cool down.

• Like 1

I hate to say it BUT Jason is still to weak. You know why I say this??

Because I keep getting in lobbies FULL of DO NOTHING COUNSELORS.

They think they can run time out and juke when I'm Jason and I kill them all usually LOL!

My point? If Jason wasn't weak I would never see such lobbies full of ALL DO NOTHING COUNSELORS.

I don't even have fun killing with Jason anymore. People are to used to TRASH Jasons. They DO NOTHING NOW.

I can't stand NEGATIVE SHIFT or 3 Trap only Jason's. Savini and Part 8 FTW. Part 5 if they ever fix their NETCODE and ADD MORE DEDICATED servers. I've been in P2P many times up until 2 days ago. They NEED HELP over there at Gunn/Blackwater/IllFonic etc.!! Rebalance EVERYTHING!

45 minutes ago, JustinX said:

I hate to say it BUT Jason is still to weak. You know why I say this??

Because I keep getting in lobbies FULL of DO NOTHING COUNSELORS.

They think they can run time out and juke when I'm Jason and I kill them all usually LOL!

My point? If Jason wasn't weak I would never see such lobbies full of ALL DO NOTHING COUNSELORS.

I don't even have fun killing with Jason anymore. People are to used to TRASH Jasons. They DO NOTHING NOW.

I can't stand NEGATIVE SHIFT or 3 Trap only Jason's. Savini and Part 8 FTW. Part 5 if they ever fix their NETCODE and ADD MORE DEDICATED servers. I've been in P2P many times up until 2 days ago. They NEED HELP over there at Gunn/Blackwater/IllFonic etc.!! Rebalance EVERYTHING!

What about Jason makes you think he’s too weak?

Honestly, I only run part 2. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't do anything with Jason's that can't run, I'm garbage. I also struggle with shift grabs so my traps are really what saves me. But I've adapted my playstyle around that loadout so I usually manage to kill the entire lobby or at the very least 5 people. It's pretty easy for me to dominate with part 2 the only real negative for me is how long he takes to breakdown doors but once you get rage he's borderline unstoppable if you're using him right.

10 minutes ago, Chrisdahlia said:

Honestly, I only run part 2. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't do anything with Jason's that can't run, I'm garbage. I also struggle with shift grabs so my traps are really what saves me. But I've adapted my playstyle around that loadout so I usually manage to kill the entire lobby or at the very least 5 people. It's pretty easy for me to dominate with part 2 the only real negative for me is how long he takes to breakdown doors but once you get rage he's borderline unstoppable if you're using him right.

Once you get bored or just want to challenge yourself, play part 9 Jason to go outside your comfort zone. I was the same as you and leaned heavy on my traps to control the map. But wanted to try and get good at the things I sucked at. Started playing part 9 with bots and would only kill with shift grab (bots have like 8 knifes for some reason, so you get a lot of practice from one round) now I love maining part 9 because I can usually kill the whole lobby using a Jason that I used to think was the exact opposite of my natural ability 

10 minutes ago, Wellhiya said:

Once you get bored or just want to challenge yourself, play part 9 Jason to go outside your comfort zone. I was the same as you and leaned heavy on my traps to control the map. But wanted to try and get good at the things I sucked at. Started playing part 9 with bots and would only kill with shift grab (bots have like 8 knifes for some reason, so you get a lot of practice from one round) now I love maining part 9 because I can usually kill the whole lobby using a Jason that I used to think was the exact opposite of my natural ability 

Ive been considering it, its annoying when the game glitches ans i have to play as a Jason that can't run, because like I said I just suck with those ones. I'll take you up on that advice, I know part 9 has a crazy range for shift. If I can get better with shifting and shift grabs I can probably manage. I also need to get better with throwing knives, I'm sure one reason I struggle with Jason's that can't run is because I'm not great with that either, it's tough to catch a Bugzy, Vanessa or Tiffany (hell even Chad) when you can't run and knives are useless.

18 minutes ago, Chrisdahlia said:

Ive been considering it, its annoying when the game glitches ans i have to play as a Jason that can't run, because like I said I just suck with those ones. I'll take you up on that advice, I know part 9 has a crazy range for shift. If I can get better with shifting and shift grabs I can probably manage. I also need to get better with throwing knives, I'm sure one reason I struggle with Jason's that can't run is because I'm not great with that either, it's tough to catch a Bugzy, Vanessa or Tiffany (hell even Chad) when you can't run and knives are useless.

That’s another area where bits are great! Play bots and don’t try to win, just grab every knife you see and try to stick councilors with them. Because I still think I suck with shift grabs (even though I’m way better than I was and have not had too much trouble) I’ll always start with a round of shift grab only bots before I play public,  just to warm me up

As someone who mains Part 9, I don't find -Traps to be a big deal. -Shift on the other hand I can not stand.

• Like 1