Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a question for the devs why can't Jason pick up his mask?in the the movie jason always tends to pick up his mask I think that allowing Jason to pick up his mask makes it a lot harder for counselors to kill him everybody wants to see a Jason buff and I think that the biggest buff that we could add due to the fact that we can't add any more content would be for Jason to be able to pick up his mask and place it back on his face

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K2345 said:

I have a question for the devs why can't Jason pick up his mask?in the the movie jason always tends to pick up his mask I think that allowing Jason to pick up his mask makes it a lot harder for counselors to kill him everybody wants to see a Jason buff and I think that the biggest buff that we could add due to the fact that we can't add any more content would be for Jason to be able to pick up his mask and place it back on his face

@mattshotcha this is an idea that has come up several times that could help make killing Jason a little harder since it is quite easy to remove his mask and kill him now....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep there’s been lots of discussion about this and a lot of us would like to see Jason get more HP and be able to put his mask back on to make killing him more of a challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have animations of him bending/kneeling over. They can reuse that for him requiring his mask. Since we don't see Jason put his knives in a pouch, we don't need to see him put the mask back on. It can give him back hp too. Maybe the second time it comes off, the mask is destroyed like in part 7 & reboot.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's talk realism for a second...

Pt 2: Jason defeated mask on

Pt 3: Jason defeated mask on

Pt 4: Jason's mask was broken by a machete hit to the face by Trish Jarvis right before Tommy killed him

Pt 5: technically killed mask on since mask didn't break until Roy was already dead.

Pt 6: Jason defeated mask on

Pt 7: Jason's mask was broken by Tina 

Pt 8: mask was destroyed by toxic waste 

Pt 9: Jason defeated mask on

Jason X: Jason was defeated mask on

Freddy vs Jason: Jason defeated mask on

F13 reboot: mask was destroyed

But how about this for a Jason buff? I think they should make it so that upon seeing Jason demasked for the first time, every counselor Jason encounters gets the same jump scare they get from seeing a dead body. Since Jason's so cute and all I think that's pretty reasonable. Plus they can reuse the already existing jump scare from seeing dead bodies, because no new content, right?

Edit: the low composure counselors (say 5 or less) should probably get that same jump scare even from seeing Jason with his mask on for the first time. And also again if they see him with his mask off for the first time. That alone might make some people trade up speed  for composure.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Let's talk realism for a second...

Pt 2: Jason defeated mask on

Pt 3: Jason defeated mask on

Pt 4: Jason's mask was broken by a machete hit to the face by Trish Jarvis right before Tommy killed him

Pt 5: technically killed mask on since mask didn't break until Roy was already dead.

Pt 6: Jason defeated mask on

Pt 7: Jason's mask was broken by Tina 

Pt 8: mask was destroyed by toxic waste 

Pt 9: Jason defeated mask on

Jason X: Jason was defeated mask on

Freddy vs Jason: Jason defeated mask on

F13 reboot: mask was destroyed

But how about this for a Jason buff? I think they should make it so that upon seeing Jason demasked for the first time, every counselor Jason encounters gets the same jump scare they get from seeing a dead body. Since Jason's so cute and all I think that's pretty reasonable. Plus they can reuse the already existing jump scare from seeing dead bodies, because no new content, right?

Edit: the low composure counselors (say 5 or less) should probably get that same jump scare even from seeing Jason with his mask on for the first time. And also again if they see him with his mask off for the first time. That alone might make some people trade up speed  for composure.

 

 

Mask removed by Paul.

Replaces old mask with hockey mask. Jason takes mask off to show Chrissy his face then puts it back on.

The straps are NOT broken by Trish Jarvis.

Thr original mask is with Tommy Jarvis.

Puts on mask in beginning.

Mask is destroyed by psychic powers.

Mask is NOT destroyed by toxic waste however it is removed so he can get the waste off his face.

Jason is dragged to Hell by demons...

Mask is recreated with Über Jason.

Jason gets his mask back on.

Jason is seen putting on his 2nd mask. The back of his head isn't destroyed by the wood chipper.

 

Thought you'd like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Mask removed by Paul.

After Jason was defeated

10 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Replaces old mask with hockey mask. Jason takes mask off to show Chrissy his face then puts it back on

Mask gets lifted off Jason's face as he's pulling the noose off his neck. Jason puts the mask back on

10 hours ago, sedaiv said:

The straps are NOT broken by Trish Jarvis.

So she takes a right handed swipe at Jason's face and what, pops the snap off? I sure wouldn't want to use that thing for a hockey mask... Btw the mask was cracked before that when Trish beat Jason in the face with the claw hammer.

10 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Thr original mask is with Tommy Jarvis.

If that's what we're calling the mask from the beginning of pt 6. Glad they fixed the giant crack from the end of pt 4...

10 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Mask is NOT destroyed by toxic waste however it is removed so he can get the waste off his face.

Looked pretty much destroyed to me. Kind of looked melted at the end of pt 8...

 

10 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Mask is recreated with Über Jason.

And Jason is defeated for the second time mask on.

Besides all that, what are you going to do when the counselors steal your mask off the ground (while you're stunned and can't do a damn thing about it) after they knock it off your face? All they'd have to do is go into any random cabin and put it in a drawer and poof, no more mask. Seems like a worthless buff to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

All they'd have to do is go into any random cabin and put it in a drawer and poof, no more mask. Seems like a worthless buff to me.

Sounds hilarious when said like this. Lol

I’d still take the ability to put it back on anyway, taking off their body would be satisfying. As a Counselor dropping it as bait to get the Sweater stun could be tons of fun too, 😉. “Come here and get your mask Jason, promise we won’t hurt you anymore. It will all be over soon.... Come take it back if it makes you feel safer.”

Edit - Missed your Jump Scare idea, it’s really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be alright at first. Assuming you could catch the counselor that stole it before they got the sweater. But my work around is already finished and by hiding it in a cabin either in a drawer, or any random location for that matter, the buff becomes worthless. Therefore the new meta will be remove mask, hide mask, kill Jason. It's not going to slow the kill squads down a bit. 

The jump scare idea would definitely work on low composure counselors. It'd at least add a little realism when they see Jason and/or see Jason without his mask on for the first time. Even if you missed a shift grab you'd get a second shot at a grab if you landed close enough. Plus like I said you're reusing/repurposing content that's already in the game. Don't see why it'd be that hard to make it happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

After Jason was defeated

Mask gets lifted off Jason's face as he's pulling the noose off his neck. Jason puts the mask back on

So she takes a right handed swipe at Jason's face and what, pops the snap off? I sure wouldn't want to use that thing for a hockey mask... Btw the mask was cracked before that when Trish beat Jason in the face with the claw hammer.

If that's what we're calling the mask from the beginning of pt 6. Glad they fixed the giant crack from the end of pt 4...

Looked pretty much destroyed to me. Kind of looked melted at the end of pt 8...

 

And Jason is defeated for the second time mask on.

Besides all that, what are you going to do when the counselors steal your mask off the ground (while you're stunned and can't do a damn thing about it) after they knock it off your face? All they'd have to do is go into any random cabin and put it in a drawer and poof, no more mask. Seems like a worthless buff to me.

Jason still got up, killed Paul and wounded Ginny.

 

Yes, Trish knocks it off his face. The straps are intact. They can be adjusted or removed & replaced. It is the same mask until part 7. The only cracked damage is from Chrissy Higgins when she delivered the ax to his face at the end of three. The blunt side of the hammer didn't Do Anything. The claw end was sunk into the ok left side of the neck. See video for proof of mask damage.

 

 

Upon further research, the mask Tommy has IS NOT Jason's but Roy's im the hospital. I'd have to buy or rewatch part 5 to confirm if Tommy has the original at Pinehurst. Pretty sure he does.

 

Tommy CERTAINLY has the original mask in part 6.

As you can see, Jason gets it on.

 

 

Same mask in 7 that's later wrecked.

 

The mask is NOT destroyed or melted in part 8. See the full ending video.

 

 

Convince me the Earth is flat & domed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Jason still got up, killed Paul and wounded Ginny.

 

Yes, Trish knocks it off his face. The straps are intact. They can be adjusted or removed & replaced. It is the same mask until part 7. The only cracked damage is from Chrissy Higgins when she delivered the ax to his face at the end of three. The blunt side of the hammer didn't Do Anything. The claw end was sunk into the ok left side of the neck. See video for proof of mask damage.

 

 

Upon further research, the mask Tommy has IS NOT Jason's but Roy's im the hospital. I'd have to buy or rewatch part 5 to confirm if Tommy has the original at Pinehurst. Pretty sure he does.

 

Tommy CERTAINLY has the original mask in part 6.

As you can see, Jason gets it on.

 

 

Same mask in 7 that's later wrecked.

 

The mask is NOT destroyed or melted in part 8. See the full ending video.

 

 

Convince me the Earth is flat & domed.

You better watch pt 4 again. That mask has a crack in it by the end of the movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

You better watch pt 4 again. That mask has a crack in it by the end of the movie

And i just posted the video of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

And i just posted the video of it.

Maybe it's one of those things that you aren't supposed to notice and it was not intended to crack but did. When Jason grabs Tommy through the window Trish smacks him in the mask a bunch of times with a hammer and the mask is cracked for the rest of that scene. I don't know if it was supposed to be cracked or not but my neca pt 4 Jason came with one fresh mask and one worn out mask like it appears in the end of the movie. The second neca mask has a crack in it in the exact same spot as the mask after Trish hits it with the hammer. Could be coincidence I suppose. But I doubt it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way @sedaiv my point is Jason has been defeated mask on more often than not. And as I already explained, hiding the mask would become the new meta and it'd defeat the purpose of making it so Jason can put his mask back on. At least against good players anyway. If you're going to go to all that trouble just leave the mask alone and buff Jason's hp...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am loving that jumpscare idea, it really makes sense for when they see Jason face. When Jason's mask is knocked off they sometimes act surprised when they see his face, could they re-use those lines for the jumpscare reaction?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Either way @sedaiv my point is Jason has been defeated mask on more often than not. And as I already explained, hiding the mask would become the new meta and it'd defeat the purpose of making it so Jason can put his mask back on. At least against good players anyway. If you're going to go to all that trouble just leave the mask alone and buff Jason's hp...

I take Jason's mask off in 99% of my games, when it comes off, he's standing on it 95% of the time so you can't get it. Even so, saying he can't get it back is like undoing all crouch glitches because fuck it, people will find a way to cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sedaiv said:

I take Jason's mask off in 99% of my games, when it comes off, he's standing on it 95% of the time so you can't get it. Even so, saying he can't get it back is like undoing all crouch glitches because fuck it, people will find a way to cheat.

I kill a minimum of 5 Jasons every day that I play Friday and I've never once seen him "standing on it" to where you can't pick it up and run off with it. And your analogy is bullshit. If they were to simply give Jason more hp it would be unnecessary to give Jason the ability to put the mask back on. And considering the limited size of the team adding to Jason's hp is easier than changing the code to make remasking possible. And then there's the hot fixes to whatever bugs they come across along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Polaris88 said:

I am loving that jumpscare idea, it really makes sense for when they see Jason face. When Jason's mask is knocked off they sometimes act surprised when they see his face, could they re-use those lines for the jumpscare reaction?

I hope they can reuse the counselors reaction to seeing Jason demasked. I don't think the  "is that a dead body?" reaction would work nearly as well as the "what the fuck?" reaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...