DontZzz34

Which perks do you find useful?

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Bunny Girl has preparedness because I somehow tend to spawn near cabins with repair parts and need to know what goes where.  She uses Marathon because most of the time I can't get anyone to actually bring parts to the car and have to go get them myself. Hypochondriac is used just in case I don't find any med spray.

Tiffany also uses Preparedness and Hypo for the same reason, with the third perk usually being firecrackers (in case I'm trying to put distance between myself and Jason or are low on stamina).

A.J. I don't use much but she's got Low Profile, Level Headed, and Homebody. My Buggzy has Thrasher, Slugger, and Thick Skin, but sometimes I swap it for Sucker Punch.

Thanks! I will try some new setups sometime.

Still really hoping to roll legendary Marathon and Restful.

Marathon

Restful

Sucker Punch

Teamwork

My Dad Is A Cop

Medic

Trasher

Tinker

The last one is more powerful and useful than people give credit for

1 hour ago, Blue Firebird said:

Thanks! I will try some new setups sometime.

Still really hoping to roll legendary Marathon and Restful.

Sometimes I swap BG's Marathon with Legendary My Dad's A Cop, which reduces the police response time from 5:00 to 3:38. If the next round is going to be on JH or Pinehurst, I may swap Tiffany's Firecrackers for Marathon or Restful.

23 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Sometimes I swap BG's Marathon with Legendary My Dad's A Cop, which reduces the police response time from 5:00 to 3:38. If the next round is going to be on JH or Pinehurst, I may swap Tiffany's Firecrackers for Marathon or Restful.

Marathon on tiffany is amazing. I’d choose that over fireworks any day 

49 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Marathon on tiffany is amazing. I’d choose that over fireworks any day 

My problem is that I don't trust the firecrackers anymore. So many times it's just completely failed to affect Jason that I don't rely on them anymore, and count on them not working (pleasantly surprised if they do).

Medic and Thick Skinned is something I run on ALL of my counselors. As for the third slot, for characters with low Stamina, I put Marathon (Debora, Lachappa, Adam, Mitch etc). I have Marathon Epic with a 15% overall increase in Stamina and no drawbacks. For characters with High amounts of Stamina (Vanessa, Brandon, Tiffany etc) I put Nerves of Steel. Kind of unnecessary to put Marathon on Vanessa since she already has so much Stamina. It's kinda amazing how many worthless perks there are in this game honestly.

4 hours ago, Blue Firebird said:

My problem is that I don't trust the firecrackers anymore. So many times it's just completely failed to affect Jason that I don't rely on them anymore, and count on them not working (pleasantly surprised if they do).

Yeah I’ve had them fail on me before to but they typically do work. But i’d Rather hold onto med spray any day over fireworks that way I keep myself healthy and I can help out anyone who needs it. I use runners most the time so I can find med spray pretty easy most the time. 

I find fireworks most helpful to low stam counselors. 

@Dunken I got legendary marathon with no drawbacks as well. I’m trying to get legendary medic and thick skin with no drawbacks to. I’m counting on a lucky roll lol 

and yes there are a lot of worthless perks but they could buff some of the perks to make them more useful and give us more of a useful variety then what we have currently. One that comes to mind is man at arms. That could be a really good perk if it actually worked right. If you’re a counselor who likes to fight or are working in a kill squad, this would be more useful. I tried a legendary man at arms perk with Tiffany and it literally went from a bat breaking from 3 hits to 3 hits, a whopping 0 hit increase.

5 hours ago, Dunken said:

Medic and Thick Skinned is something I run on ALL of my counselors. As for the third slot, for characters with low Stamina, I put Marathon (Debora, Lachappa, Adam, Mitch etc). I have Marathon Epic with a 15% overall increase in Stamina and no drawbacks. For characters with High amounts of Stamina (Vanessa, Brandon, Tiffany etc) I put Nerves of Steel. Kind of unnecessary to put Marathon on Vanessa since she already has so much Stamina. It's kinda amazing how many worthless perks there are in this game honestly.

Most of the perks I can at least see where they were coming from, even if it's not especially useful. Some perks, however, just seem plain dumb... best example being Sneaky (climb in and out of windows quicker) and Heavy Mover (increase barricade speed). I know they originally were kicking around the idea of a PK perk, but I'm glad they never went through with it. Can you imagine how big of a headache Jason would have if every single counselor in every single game had one? Slashing would skyrocket.... which people would then complain and whine about because "Whats the point in having a PK perk if Jason won't grab me?"

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I tried a legendary man at arms perk with Tiffany and it literally went from a bat breaking from 3 hits to 3 hits, a whopping 0 hit increase.

Wow that's bad lol. Maybe try it on Jenny/Chad? It could also be that 15% isn't enough to give an extra bat hit but maybe enough to give more uses to wrenches and machetes. Still useless though.

17 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Wow that's bad lol. Maybe try it on Jenny/Chad? It could also be that 15% isn't enough to give an extra bat hit but maybe enough to give more uses to wrenches and machetes. Still useless though.

Tried with wrench, same thing. I could try it on chad if I get the perk again. I sold it

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Tried with wrench, same thing. I could try it on chad if I get the perk again. I sold it

I see... I have a 14% one I'll try it with Chad/Jenny in private matches next time my buddy is online and I'll report to you. :)

7 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

I see... I have a 14% one I'll try it with Chad/Jenny in private matches next time my buddy is online and I'll report to you. :)

Ok thank you!

16 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Most of the perks I can at least see where they were coming from, even if it's not especially useful. Some perks, however, just seem plain dumb... best example being Sneaky (climb in and out of windows quicker) and Heavy Mover (increase barricade speed). I know they originally were kicking around the idea of a PK perk, but I'm glad they never went through with it. Can you imagine how big of a headache Jason would have if every single counselor in every single game had one? Slashing would skyrocket.... which people would then complain and whine about because "Whats the point in having a PK perk if Jason won't grab me?"

I can see more use for Sneaky—trying to run out the clock, using terrain to really outmaneuver Jason. On a fast counselor, it might work well. Pair it with maybe Marathon or Restful and Thick Skin (so you can brave those broken windows if you need to), you could be a slippery one.

Something like Heavy Mover is not something I'll ever use. I had a legendary Adrenaline Rush and I sold it, too. Why? Because a perk that is only useful if you successfully escape Jason's grab is useless in 95% of situations. Even the best escape artists can be quick-killed if grabbed. Escaping is usually only possible if the Jason has longer kills or on uneven ground, or trying for an environmental. Maybe if someone saves you, if the perk still triggers, but that's relying on other people too much. It's just not going to ever be a thing that's useful. You don't want to be grabbed by Jason, so having something that triggers only if you are and survive is awful.

Likewise, while it'd be fun as a counselor to have a perk that grants you a starting pocket knife, that instantly becomes mandatory. If you don't have it, you won't compete with those who do. Nothing would be nearly as useful. That's one free grab escape per game per counselor, and then some. For example, imagine an entire lobby of players running that (and they would; if it existed, it'd be used by everyone). Some could disable traps while others easily kited Jason without fear of being grabbed and killed. They'd drop it if they died, so then the later stages of the game would be featuring even more pocket knives. Victory would be nearly impossible as Jason, who already struggles against good counselor groups.

So many of the perks are so niche that I can't see ever using them, because unless you're trying to manufacture a very specific (and often easily disrupted) situation, they won't help. Easy Listening is another good example. Great! Extra stamina regen while near a playing radio. Except that means you're cornered by Jason and have to stay near a working radio for it to have any effect at all. You could still stumble, or mess up, and get grabbed. Jason could destroy the radio. You might never find the house that has one. And it's still not actively pursuing an objective, unless you're just trying to run out the night. So yes, in a situation where the time's down to a minute or two and you are near a playing radio and Jason can't run and doesn't destroy the radio and you don't stumble and get caught, THEN it might be truly useful. Most of the time, it's utter chaff. So many perks need complete overhauls or consolidation.

To me, stuff like that's just too damn specific. I have many ideas for how I would overhaul the stat and perk system, and maybe I'll make a post on it, but unless Gun and company are hiring, it's mostly just fun theorycrafting.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 4:13 PM, Blue Firebird said:

the problem may be youre throwing them too soon after a stun, or another animation of some kind. you always have to wait until jason is back to normal. same goes for shooting him with flares or shotguns. if you throw 2 sets of fireworks out in a row, most likely only one set will work on him. im sure youre already aware but in case youre not, they do not work in rage anymore either.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:05 AM, DontZzz34 said:

Ok thank you!

Tested it on Chad.  A 14% man at arms (epic) doesn't give you any extra bat uses (5/5) however it gives you additional wrench use (6/5) and axe use (6/5).

Looks like an utterly useless perk to me and it isn't worth a slot.

20 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Tested it on Chad.  A 14% man at arms (epic) doesn't give you any extra bat uses (5/5) however it gives you additional wrench use (6/5) and axe use (6/5).

Looks like an utterly useless perk to me and it isn't worth a slot.

Yeah unless it gave something like 3 extra hits then it’d be more useful, but 1 extra hit is just awful.

Btw Thanks for testing it and updating me on the info

Got a second legendary and was wondering if it’s the highest + you can get.

Swift Attacker +20%, -1%, (+1%. Stun time), I don’t know if I’ll ever have a reason to run it but it seems decent.

Correction if I’m ever given the opportunity to hunt bots with a Counselor, I’ll probably use it. 😝 Please let me hunt bots devs. 

42 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Got a second legendary and was wondering if it’s the highest + you can get.

Swift Attacker +20%, -1%, (+1%. Stun time), I don’t know if I’ll ever have a reason to run it but it seems decent.

Correction if I’m ever given the opportunity to hunt bots with a Counselor, I’ll probably use it. 😝 Please let me hunt bots devs. 

Swift attacker is pretty good. Helps you be able to make the first move without getting grabbed mid swing

10 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Swift attacker is pretty good. Helps you be able to make the first move without getting grabbed mid swing

I just don’t have very much opportunity to use it in QP, I’m glad to finally get one that isn’t crap but it doesn’t really fit my play style. Like I said though, if I can use it on bots that’s a whole other ball game and it would definitely see action. 

I unfortunately see the effects of it as Jason quite a bit, lol. 

43 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Swift attacker was probably the best perk you could have before the rage buff was added. If you needed to outlast Jason and you had the best valued addition to the perk, you could literally out hit him every time. If you play on high ping with it, it glitches and is a lot quicker by the animations then on good ping servers. 

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I just don’t have very much opportunity to use it in QP, I’m glad to finally get one that isn’t crap but it doesn’t really fit my play style. Like I said though, if I can use it on bots that’s a whole other ball game and it would definitely see action. 

I unfortunately see the effects of it as Jason quite a bit, lol. 

I have a few different play styles so I just equips certain perks according to however I feel like playing that night.

slasher something you should try doing is getting a group together in a private match and do a battle royale. I think that’d be a lot of fun to fight other counselors online! Might have to try that myself

@Thunder yep that’s when swift attacker and sucker punch were two very good perks. Now they’re useful in certain situations but not as good as before

Obviously Swift attacker and Sucker Punch.  IT makes Jason a complete BITCH.  More like a barbie doll than a killer.  Thats always been my biggest gripe with this game and why I got sick of playing it. .  Why does a counselor's swing of a weapon do more damage than Jason's Swing?  Makes no sense.  Have they ever seen a F13 movie?    Counselor's don't hunt Jason and knock him to the ground with One swing of  a freakin baseball bat. Its SUPPOSED to be the other way around 

Sure in rage  its more how it should be.  By the time, you will probably have already lost your mask, your traps are tripped and you'll have been knocked to the ground 20 times. Pure Idiocy 

Maybe if Jason had a grab worth a crap  it may have  offset the horrible imbalance but they couldn't even get that right.  Plus the block is complete Garbage   So there ya go.  The pathetic grab/old woman lunge just leaves you open to get your head knocked into the dirt.   Basic game mechanics were too complicated for the developers.  They were GENIUSES with attention to detail on the maps and the little nuances.  Game Mechanics that were sensible and not robotically sluggish and there bare basics of COMMON SENSE in a horror genre?   That was a tough one for them for some reason 🤔

Its a shame because of the RAW potential it had 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Obviously Swift attacker and Sucker Punch.  IT makes Jason a complete BITCH.  More like a barbie doll than a killer.  Thats always been my biggest gripe with this game and why I got sick of playing it. .  Why does a counselor's swing of a weapon do more damage than Jason's Swing?  Makes no sense.  Have they ever seen a F13 movie?    Counselor's don't hunt Jason and knock him to the ground with One swing of  a freakin baseball bat. Its SUPPOSED to be the other way around 

Sure in rage  its more how it should be.  By the time, you will probably have already lost your mask, your traps are tripped and you'll have been knocked to the ground 20 times. Pure Idiocy 

Maybe if Jason had a grab worth a crap  it may have  offset the horrible imbalance but they couldn't even get that right.  Plus the block is complete Garbage   So there ya go.  The pathetic grab/old woman lunge just leaves you open to get your head knocked into the dirt.   Basic game mechanics were too complicated for the developers.  They were GENIUSES with attention to detail on the maps and the little nuances.  Game Mechanics that were sensible and not robotically sluggish and there bare basics of COMMON SENSE in a horror genre?   That was a tough one for them for some reason 🤔

Its a shame because of the RAW potential it had 

The amount of time jason gets stunned and knocked to the ground is more dependent on the skill of the Jason player not Jason. When I first started playing as Jason I got my ass knocked around, but now I don’t get stunned near as much as before. If anyone complains about getting knocked over 20 times I seriously think you need to work on your skills instead of complaining.

also it’s pretty odd you complain about Jason being a bitch, and then also complain you can’t even get 1 swing in on him without getting grabbed? 🤔 so looks like you need to get some practice in on both Jason side and counselor since all you wanna do is bitch and complain, think about spending more time in practice instead of whining :)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

slasher something you should try doing is getting a group together in a private match and do a battle royale. I think that’d be a lot of fun to fight other counselors online! Might have to try that myself

I might have to give it a shot. It isn’t really going to scratch the itch I want scratched but it might be close or be fun to kill an afternoon with. 

Maybe do duels or pick teams to change it up. One thing Matt likes to say is that the game is filling a certain fantasy, being Jason namely but I think that’s a bit off from what most people play the game for. It’s also limiting in a way that prevents us from doing anything like having a capture the flag game where two teams if 4 compete to fix a car, someone shouldn’t have to spawn as Jason in PM.

I would have liked to have been suggesting new modes, even post content, if the door was a bit more open to it on their end.

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I might have to give it a shot. It isn’t really going to scratch the itch I want scratched but it might be close or be fun to kill an afternoon with. 

Maybe do duels or pick teams to change it up. One thing Matt likes to say is that the game is filling a certain fantasy, being Jason namely but I think that’s a bit off from what most people play the game for. It’s also limiting in a way that prevents us from doing anything like having a capture the flag game where two teams if 4 compete to fix a car, someone shouldn’t have to spawn as Jason in PM.

I would have liked to have been suggesting new modes, even post content, if the door was a bit more open to it on their end.

I’m sure there’s a lot of interesting games you could play in a private match to change things up from normal gameplay without the devs even having to add new modes. A way you could do capture the flag is locate 3 part items on the map and first team to capture 2 parts or more and get it to a certain location wins. It could be teams of 2 or 3 or something like that. I want to brainstorm some other ideas that could be done. I’ll have to get back to you on those ideas later lol. I wish you were on Xbox so we could try out some new modes together

• Like 1