DontZzz34

Which perks do you find useful?

With my other thread about perks now I want to know what the community thinks about which perks are actually useful. Post your opinion and make a what’s useful list. In my opinion I’d say....

marathon 

thick skin

medic

nerves of steel

preparedness 

sucker punch

swift attacker 

my dads a cop

home body

level headed 

Lightfoot

Motorboating

Restful

So I consider 13/45 perks actually useful. 

Marathon, Restful, Thick Skin, Medic, Preparedness and Nerves of Steel are great all around perks(the meta). Perks like my dads a cop can be great, but really situational. My Legendary my dads a cop with legendary hypochondriac i think yielded a 3:38 start time Which really puts the pressure on Jason. But if you never call the cops the perk is useless. Sucker punch and swift attacker(old meta) have taken a big hit with the Rage buff since there powers are only beneficial pre rage, and still don't want to use then because you know you are speeding up that process with every hit. I won't even run them anymore, but sometimes wish i had them when you are getting chased down to hell in early game and could use a stun stamina boost..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Marathon, Restful, Thick Skin, Medic, Preparedness and Nerves of Steel are great all around perks(the meta). Perks like my dads a cop can be great, but really situational. My Legendary my dads a cop with legendary medic i think yielded a 3:38 start time Which really puts the pressure on Jason. But if you never call the cops the perk is useless. Sucker punch and swift attacker(old meta) have taken a big hit with the Rage buff since there powers are only beneficial pre rage, and still don't want to use then because you know you are speeding up that process with every hit. I won't even run them anymore, but sometimes wish i had them when you are getting chased down to hell in early game and could use a stun stamina boost..

actually no swift attacker and sucker punch arent completely useless, if you run a jason kill group then they are great. sucker punch helps the axe stun jason etc. but yeah if you arent going after the kill they arent that great, all depends on what your goal is to do

3 minutes ago, shady said:

actually no swift attacker and sucker punch arent completely useless, if you run a jason kill group then they are great. sucker punch helps the axe stun jason etc. but yeah if you arent going after the kill they arent that great, all depends on what your goal is to do

Very true👍

15 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Marathon, Restful, Thick Skin, Medic, Preparedness and Nerves of Steel are great all around perks(the meta). Perks like my dads a cop can be great, but really situational. My Legendary my dads a cop with legendary medic i think yielded a 3:38 start time Which really puts the pressure on Jason. But if you never call the cops the perk is useless. Sucker punch and swift attacker(old meta) have taken a big hit with the Rage buff since there powers are only beneficial pre rage, and still don't want to use then because you know you are speeding up that process with every hit. I won't even run them anymore, but sometimes wish i had them when you are getting chased down to hell in early game and could use a stun stamina boost..

Sucker punch and swift attacker is really useful, especially if you’re someone who can repair and get out before Jason hits rage and if you used sucker punch and swift attacker to help u regain stamina when u were low and you escape before he hits rage, then you just made quite a use to those perks. Also helps in kill squads like @shady said, or just anyone who likes to 1v1 Jason. 

The only perks I find useful now is Medic, Thick Skin, & Swift attacker. 

Swift attacker for when Jason tunnels me early on, I can resort to hitting him rather then hopping a broken window.

medic & thick skin for post rage window hopping. I never worry about finding a med spray, because I know all the areas to look. If someone beats me to it 9/10 times I’ll find one on a dead body.

• Like 1

Very useful: Medic, Thick Skinned, Marathon, Nerves of Steel.

Semi Useful: Grease Monkey, Restful, Swift Attacker, Hypochondriac, Preparedness.

Situational: MDIAC, Level Headed, Lightfoot, Sucker Punch.

Trash: Everything else.

(This is just my opinion of course, usefulness may differ for everyone else).

• Like 1

What's been said already are the most useful perks.

In many ways, they swing the balance of power towards counselor IF the counselor is decent. If not, Jason can overcome those perks.

In a perfect world, if you took away the rage buff (except for maybe immunity when blowing down doors, that needs to stay), but also took away perks. I feel like that's the balance I would've liked to see. Playing games with Jason would be dangerous because sprays wouldn't be a huge thing you could stockpile. Jumping out windows, tanking slashes and traps would ALL be much more difficult without perk benefits for counselor. Perhaps instead replaced with special abilities I've talked about forever and ever.

That said, they needed to offer more out of the box perks that would break up the current meta.

Start With A Pocket Knife

Does what it says, it would always be a legendary perk you barely ever roll. However it would always come with a stiff negative like negating Medic, Thick Skin or perhaps preventing said perk character from wearing the sweater.

Backpack

Does what it says, it does two things. It allows counselors to carry flareguns in their inventory as it was originally in beta, so now you could carry an extra defensive weapon as well as carry multiple flare guns if you wish. It also allows counselors to carry an additional item, so they can carry four items. However like the above perk, it could come with stiff penalties. Say 40-50 percent hits on both stamina and speed that can't be negated by marathon or restful. Also perhaps something like physically carrying a shotgun always draining stamina even when a counselor is standing still. It would have to be stiff.

Double Take

Said perk allows the person wearing the sweater two chances at a stun for the Jason kill. The negative of this is said counselor can't use sprays or pocketknives. I feel like this one is easy. So the life you have is the life you get, no pocket knife or spray to save you. You can still use defensive items, but that's it.

Blanket

The definitive stealth perk. It prevents Jason from seeing non moving counselors whatsoever. So if they are in a hiding place or standing still. No matter the fear level, they won't show red when he uses sense UNLESS they move. This condition sticks for the whole match. The negative here is as always, either huge hits to stamina or speed or the inability to use other perks in conjunction.

etc etc etc

Just basic ideas that could've broken up what it is now.

I use Medic, preparedness, and level headed. Playing as Deborah Kim makes the grease monkey pointless, as is barricade and stamina. I rely on stealth and fixer ability.  Also, my dad's a cop is useful but only if you are the one to actually call them. There are no wrong answers here, just opinion.  It's interesting to see different viewpoints

• Like 1

Everyone thanks for the opinions. 

And @tyrant666 you have quite an imagination I gotta say, it’s an interesting idea you have but tbh I’d rather have the current perk system over that. I think it’d complicate the game way too much. With the current perk system, it’s real nice and simple and can also give nothing but positive benefits if ur lucky it will have 0% negatives. I feel like your idea has too big of a hit on negatives and would put some people at a disadvantage more then an advantage.

id rather have my perks just give me a slight positive advantage with no negative effects. 

• Like 1

my main perks are restful, thick skin and swift attack on fox. swift attack is good even after rage because if you need that tiny bit of stam it may give you just enough time to get in do the damage and get out with that sweet stam right on time.

fear perks on stealth characters, stealth on high composer characters works fairly well but it doesnt fit my play style. mixing bonus purple effects with other perks is great too, like the poilce time bonus. try using grease monkey on chad or victoria, they fire the car up crazy fast. also works great on vanessa. i love the situational perks but it is very true that its kind of a waste sometimes. well worth it when the oppertunity presents itself and youd have to think 1 in 4 games youll be able to use them.

i dont really like the perks that start you out with an item cuz you can always find said item, but i do like the start with a health spray perk, plus that has poilce time purple bonus. i used to like escape artist on mitch or jenny, but the more i used it, the more useless i found it to be. sucker punch is good for weak characters, sometimes all ya need is a quick stun. rage makes this perk nearly useless but you should be long gone before rage even hits.

all in all, stick with stamina and health perks, thats all you really need unless you plan on hiding it out with some stealth & fear perks. i really wished the scout perk worked alot better but i had the best you can get & didnt see much of a difference.

ya know what a highly under rated perk is? i think its called sneeky, where you climb thru windows faster.. that comes in handy if you have a 25%.. give that one a try, it works well for a good chase.

9 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

ya know what a highly under rated perk is? i think its called sneeky, where you climb thru windows faster.. that comes in handy if you have a 25%.. give that one a try, it works well for a good chase.

I've an epic +25 -0 sneaky but never tried it myself. Gonna take your advice and test it out next time I play (Maybe I'll replace marathon for the test).

If my memory serves me right @Slasher_Clone loves this this perk and uses it to waste Jason's time with Mitch. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Slasher 🤗

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

If my memory serves me right @Slasher_Clone loves this this perk and uses it to waste Jason's time with Mitch. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Slashe🤗

Nope you’re 100 percent correct, it’s probably my favourite perk. When I take it off my timing goes out the window, lol.

Love me some Sneaky, 😉 

Other Perks I like are Thick Skin, NoS, Preparedness, Firecracker, and Grease Monkey. If they ever fix Psychic, I held on to my Legendary just in case it becomes useful, it’s my only Legendary as I’ve got an ok set of epics.

I’d kill for a no neg. Sneaky perk with some other cool bonus, does anyone know what it’s extra plus is?

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sneaky perk with some other cool bonus, does anyone know what it’s extra plus is?

Wiki says the legendary bonus is "Stumble reduction by 1-3%"

11 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

I've an epic +25 -0 sneaky but never tried it myself. Gonna take your advice and test it out next time I play (Maybe I'll replace marathon for the test).

If my memory serves me right @Slasher_Clone loves this this perk and uses it to waste Jason's time with Mitch. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Slasher 🤗

i think youll like it, they slide that crotch over that window at a somewhat silly looking speed. i never thought much of it until the rage update. replaced swift attack with sneeky with the idea of more avoiding, less fighting. 

slasher clone is a good egg haha

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Wiki says the legendary bonus is "Stumble reduction by 1-3%"

I should have thought to check there, that’s not a bad one to get though, I could use some stumble reduction. Thanks, don’t know where my mind is sometimes, lol. 

• Like 1

Nerves of Steel is my go to perk for every counselor....

Except Buggzy when I'm playing the kill Jason game. 

I use Thick Skin and Medic because it's a good combo for tanking the traps. As soon as Jason morphs I tank them with a minimal harm for the rest of the match. Usually it makes Jason panic, ruins his strategy and gives an advantage for counselors. Also I use marathon because there were situations when I almost escaped to the police but Jason grabbed me at the extrance due to the lack of stamina. For Chad I replaced marathon for Nerves of steel because his mini-map disapperars really fast. And currently experimenting with Eric's perks against the sense. Put Thick Skin, Level Headed and Home Body on him. Maybe he needs them because he's the worst runner in the game.

I use Thick Skin, Medic and Nerves of Steel on all counselors and could not be happier.

17 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

You know what would make that perk really useful? Having it so that it would reduce the time it takes to get up off the ground after diving through a window.

20 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You know what would make that perk really useful? Having it so that it would reduce the time it takes to get up off the ground after diving through a window.

They should add that to Sneaky.

(Yes, I’m biased.)

40 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You know what would make that perk really useful? Having it so that it would reduce the time it takes to get up off the ground after diving through a window

that would be great, instead of the enter/exit hiding spots. i dont even use that part of the perk. also, i love the icon for sneeeky, it looks hilarious to me. looks like it should be the "breaking & entering" perk for robbing houses ha!

• Haha 1

Preparedness is vital for my Bunny Girl (repair) build, as well as my Tiffany (runner). I have marathon on the bunny build also because I have bad luck with people leading Jason right to me while I'm in the middle of trying to fix something.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Preparedness is vital for my Bunny Girl (repair) build, as well as my Tiffany (runner). I have marathon on the bunny build also because I have bad luck with people leading Jason write to me well I'm in the middle of trying to fix something.

Tiffany, AJ, and Deb are my favorite counselors. What else do you use on Tiffany? I'm hoping to get a high-level Marathon and Restful one day soon. Why do you say Preparedness is vital to your Deborah build? Just to be able to identify what's where and get on it immediately?

Actually, would you care to share your builds for all three?

4 hours ago, Blue Firebird said:

Tiffany, AJ, and Deb are my favorite counselors. What else do you use on Tiffany? I'm hoping to get a high-level Marathon and Restful one day soon. Why do you say Preparedness is vital to your Deborah build? Just to be able to identify what's where and get on it immediately?

Actually, would you care to share your builds for all three?

Bunny Girl has preparedness because I somehow tend to spawn near cabins with repair parts and need to know what goes where.  She uses Marathon because most of the time I can't get anyone to actually bring parts to the car and have to go get them myself. Hypochondriac is used just in case I don't find any med spray.

Tiffany also uses Preparedness and Hypo for the same reason, with the third perk usually being firecrackers (in case I'm trying to put distance between myself and Jason or are low on stamina).

A.J. I don't use much but she's got Low Profile, Level Headed, and Homebody. My Buggzy has Thrasher, Slugger, and Thick Skin, but sometimes I swap it for Sucker Punch.