Anyone know how much of a difference negatives percentages actually cause? I have a couple perks I have questions about and am trying to figure out what’s better between some of my perks because some of my perks have 0% negatives

I want to compare and see what’s better between these perks specifically

legendary thick skin 

20% damage resistance 

-5% stumble chance 

4% trap time escaped 

epic thick skin 

18% damage resistance 

1% stumble chance penalty

whats better between these two perks? I don’t know how much stumbling -5% will actually cause. I don’t want to be stumbling all the time where that gives me the risk of stumbling into Jason’s arms lol

So how about these two 

Rare medic

8% healing 

0% damage

legendary medic 

10% healing

-2% more damage 

4% repair speed increase 

between these two I’ve noticed the extra negative 2% damage hurts me. It allows for 2 knives to limp me but when I have my rare medic with -0% damage it takes 3 knives to limp me. Not sure about slashing damage but I’d assume an extra slash would limp. This is when I pair medic with thick skin. The extra damage % kinda counters the purpose of thick skin. But with legendary I also get an extra 2% healing and extra repair increase so is that worth the extra damage I’ll take? 

I’ve been running

epic thick skin and rare medic. I really like there to be no negatives or very little negatives on my perks. But how would you guys stack my medic and thick skin perks for the best benefits?

Keep rolling until you get a +20% damage resistance with a +1% stumble 😜

In all seriousness I have this same confusion as many others on here have with the legendary perks which is why most of us are hoping they rework them and the system all together. It was silly to put a negative on any of the legendaries, especially in a range that could be worst then epic. Instead should have just been 2 positives. The main one the same or slightly higher then epic, but then a bonus side bump perk in the second positive. Or a slight negative on the 3rd that would never be worst then epic. That way you could always be excited about your legendary and not have to ponder these dilemmas we currently are left with..

Edit: Reading back, does -5% actually reduce your stumble rate??? The epic says 1% stumble chance, so I'm guessing that would increase your chance by 1% meaning more likely to stumble?.. These are soo confusing.. haha

9 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Keep rolling until you get a +20% damage resistance with a +1% stumble 😜

In all seriousness I have this same confusion as many others on here have with the legendary perks which is why most of us are hoping they rework them and the system all together. It was silly to put a negative on any of the legendaries, especially in a range that could be worst then epic. Instead should have just been 2 positives. The main one the same or slightly higher then epic, but then a bonus side bump perk in the second positive. Or a slight negative on the 3rd that would never be worst then epic. That way you could always be excited about your legendary and not have to ponder these dilemmas we currently are left with..

Lol last night I was hoping to roll a legendary  thick skin or medic with no negatives. I currently have a legendary marathon with no negatives. So all legendary stack of my medic, marathon, and thick skin with no negatives would be nice. I rolled for an entire hour and spent 111,000cp doing it with no luck. Instead it kept rolling me garbage perks like aquanaut, heavy mover, heavy hitter, adrenaline rush, etc.... lol there are so many garbage perks. Only like 10% of em are actually useful 

Anything that makes you take extra damage or decrease overall stamina and sprint speed is bad in my opinion... I'd say increased fear rate too.

I'd take a +8 -0 medic any day over a +10 -2.

57 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Lol last night I was hoping to roll a legendary  thick skin or medic with no negatives. I currently have a legendary marathon with no negatives. So all legendary stack of my medic, marathon, and thick skin with no negatives would be nice. I rolled for an entire hour and spent 111,000cp doing it with no luck. Instead it kept rolling me garbage perks like aquanaut, heavy mover, heavy hitter, adrenaline rush, etc.... lol there are so many garbage perks. Only like 10% of em are actually useful 

Did the same thing last night but I only had 12k CP which I spent all and guess what I got? 4 legendary perks and guess what they were? Potent Ranger and Teamwork... LOL!!! Sold the duplicates at least. 

3 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Anything that makes you take extra damage or decrease overall stamina is bad in my opinion... I'd say increased fear rate too.

I'd take a +8 -0 medic any day over a +10 -2.

Did the same thing last night but I only had 12k CP which I spent all and guess what I got? 4 legendary perks and guess what they were? Potent Ranger and Teamwork... LOL!!! Sold the duplicates at least. 

Ok thanks for your opinion, that’s what I was thinking myself as well to take the perks with no negatives. And this is why I wish they’d give better perk rolls to higher levels. The perks we get rolled are usually trash

@DontZzz34, I’d run the epic and the rare. That’s based more on disliking any negative than knowledge of which is best.

What’s your third perk? I’d go with NoS if you’re looking to be as Meta as possible, lol... which is fine and not something I judge people for, (ok maybe I judge them a little, but it’s a friendly kinda judging. 😝)

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@DontZzz34, I’d run the epic and the rare. That’s based more on disliking any negative than knowledge of which is best.

What’s your third perk? I’d go with NoS if you’re looking to be as Meta as possible, lol... which is fine and not something I judge people for, (ok maybe I judge them a little, but it a friendly kinda judging. 😝)

My third perk is usually marathon. I don’t have as much use for nerves of steel unless I know my focus is more on repair and to drive the car or boat.  

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Marathons a decent third, @DontZzz34, I use NoS for dodging Shift grabs in the late game. 

Marathon is better than decent! Lol saves my life a lot of the time being able to run Jason around forever without losing stamina, that’s why I prefer it over nos. 

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Marathon is better than decent! Lol saves my life a lot of the time being able to run Jason around forever without losing stamina, that’s why I prefer it over nos. 

Lol, I like it hard.

You’re right though Marathon is probably top 5. You’re a good egg too, lol

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, I like it hard.

You’re right though Marathon is probably top 5. You’re a good egg too, lol

You’re a good egg to lol 🥚🍳 now that u bring up top 5. I gotta say 1. Medic 2. Thick skin 3. Marathon 4. NOS 5. Sucker punch imo

21 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

You’re a good egg to lol 🥚🍳 now that u bring up top 5. I gotta say 1. Medic 2. Thick skin 3. Marathon 4. NOS 5. Sucker punch imo

1. Medic (don’t run it, I only have a blue but no neg.)

2. Thick Skin (I run it on everyone.)

3. NoS (currently on but swap it out sometimes.)

4. Preparedness (Any perk that starts you with something is good but not as good as the ones that always have a bonus effect.)

5. Marathon (this one scales and is more useful on high stamina Counselors.)

5.b. Sneaky (better on low stamina Counselor, it isn’t noticeable but helps avoid that knife that pops you into reach.)

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

1. Medic (don’t run it, I only have a blue but no neg.)

2. Thick Skin (I run it on everyone.)

3. NoS (currently on but swap it out sometimes.)

4. Preparedness (Any perk that starts you with something is good but not as good as the ones that always have a bonus effect.)

5. Marathon (this one scales and is more useful on high stamina Counselors.)

5.b. Sneaky (better on low stamina Counselor, it isn’t noticeable but helps avoid that knife that pops you into reach.)

Interesting with sneaky on there. I need to give that perk another chance and do some more real testing on it

56 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Interesting with sneaky on there. I need to give that perk another chance and do some more real testing on it

It probably doesn’t deserve it but I really am fond of how it works and you spend so much time climbing in windows it probably saves a bunch of time by the end of a match. 

31 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It probably doesn’t deserve it but I really am fond of how it works and you spend so much time climbing in windows it probably saves a bunch of time by the end of a match. 

Would probably also help with Jason’s who throw a knife at you to prevent you from escaping through it. I haaaaate when that happens to me as a counselor but love dishing it out when I’m jason 

I personally run Thick Skin on every counselor except the counselors I think are Trash. La Chappa, Sheldon, Mitch, Kenny, Jenny etc. I never play when I get bugged counselor anymore.

Then your last 2 are going to be preference/play style. And your final aim is to have NO NEGATIVES. So start with a Thick Skin no Negative or -1% and go from there. Figure out your personal play style. Good Luck Counselor!

16 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Would probably also help with Jason’s who throw a knife at you to prevent you from escaping through it. I haaaaate when that happens to me as a counselor but love dishing it out when I’m jason 

😂 I get someone with this just about every night. its such a good tactic. Most people get so pissed as they get stuck in the knife hit animation and have no time to move before i get over and grab them.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

😂 I get someone with this just about every night. its such a good tactic. Most people get so pissed as they get stuck in the knife hit animation and have no time to move before i get over and grab them.

Yes indeed it is a good tactic to use. This is why I either dive out windows now or just try to leave through a doorway to prevent that from happening to me lol

17 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes indeed it is a good tactic to use. This is why I either dive out windows now or just try to leave through a doorway to prevent that from happening to me lol

If you time it right, can still nail with a quick knife when they are diving. If you miss and it shatters window, they usually still take damage and should have enough time before they stand up to get another knife in.. 😀 Can you tell I love Roy and his knives collection??

13 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

If you time it right, can still nail with a quick knife when they are diving. If you miss and it shatters window, they usually still take damage and should have enough time before they stand up to get another knife in.. 😀 Can you tell I love Roy and his knives collection??

Lol I figured you used Roy or part 6. The knife collection is damn nice though. One of my favorite things about playing as Jason is hitting people with them throwing knives