Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Family sharing allowed?

My stepson and I just received a permanent ban from the game on Steam. The reason it says due to family sharing.I didn't realize you weren't allowed to family share.Or was it because my stepson may have been using a cheat program that he's not telling me because I know I didn't do anything wrong.He did admit to me he was using a macro program to use the E prompt more quickly to recover from stuns and try and get out of Jason's grab.I had always read macros aren't detectable by EAC but maybe that has changed.Regardless I had to create a new account buy the game again and start over from scratch and told him if he wants to play to work for his own 20$ to buy it for himself as he is not family sharing my games anymore.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

My stepson and I just received a permanent ban from the game on Steam. The reason it says due to family sharing.I didn't realize you weren't allowed to family share.Or was it because my stepson may have been using a cheat program that he's not telling me because I know I didn't do anything wrong.He did admit to me he was using a macro program to use the E prompt more quickly to recover from stuns and try and get out of Jason's grab.I had always read macros aren't detectable by EAC but maybe that has changed.Regardless I had to create a new account buy the game again and start over from scratch and told him if he wants to play to work for his own 20$ to buy it for himself as he is not family sharing my games anymore.

Not sure about the ban but think you did the right thing by telling him he’ll have to earn a copy of the game himself. You should let him know that regardless of EAC catching it, macros aren’t cool, it’s still cheating for an advantage. 

Ouch, sorry to hear man. Maybe reach out to @mattshotcha to see if he can clarify the ban? Maybe even lift it as they have done that in past for many others that did not deserve the ban to be lifted.

On the subject of macros, my second match as Jason last night a player tanked all my traps around car and was immediately out. I shifted and grabbed him just as he ran to back of car. He immediately broke out of my grab, and there was no knife in my neck animation. I asked him how he got out so fast and he said wouldn't you like to know. First i thought he was using the infinite composure hack, but then i thought about him breaking out of traps so fast to, which makes me think now he had to be using a macro? Either way i said good day and left the game. He tried friending me after prob to talk shit, but i just blocked him. Tired of all the dang cheats. Hope Stepson learns his lesson.

Also hope you can get your 150lv account back.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Easyanticheat for the ban wave yesterday.
All those using Steam Crack and speedhack have been banned. 😂

• Like 2

It's my bad for not monitoring more closely what my stepson may have been using. I did send Matt a PM but no response  yet. I just think it's strange the reason says due to family sharing not due to a cheating program.Just a bummer to have to grind all the way back up to 150 again.

Family sharing is fine and will not cause any type of ban.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2019 at 4:48 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

He did admit to me he was using a macro program to use the E prompt more quickly to recover from stuns and try and get out of Jason's grab.

Bye

• Haha 1