AshTray900

When can we expect a roll back or fix for this horrible update???

The only thing I see positive in it is maybe a slightly more detailed environment with better lighting but that may just be me.

No bugs got fixed.

Serious game killing bugs:

Jason grab glitch at least once a match sometimes multiple times where counselors get extra lives. Ghost bodies. Interaction points are not good. Guys why in the F did you release this update?

I'm a counselor player 100 percent but I dont want these game killing bugs, seriously this has damaged Jason play so much that every match everyone is yelling about it, it's going to ruin the game, run off the people who like to play as Jason and then the game is dead, I mean really dead.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, mattshotcha said:

The team is combing through what has been reported since the patch rolled out and we're investigating each case. We're not only looking at what has been reported as a new issue or regression, but also any problem areas where the patch should have fixed an issue, but it is still being seen/reported. It will take a day or two to have a more detailed update than that, but we're looking into it as quickly as possible.

We're looking into the patch and identifying what went wrong. 

Death animation issue is under review and investigation.

There is always testing with our patches. What went on here was definitely a misstep but we're investigating righting the ship, as well as ways to limit this type of misstep in the future.

We will be looking to submit a fix as soon as possible, outside of our planned patching schedule.

I assure that all the information has been reported to the team and we're looking into it. I will not have a status update for another day at least,

I understand this is a tough situation, but with a team of this size, turnaround time is going to take a little more time than some of these massive companies. That does unfortunately leave us all in limbo at times like this while the crew works on things. I will have a status update as soon as we possibly can.

With the transition and subsequent work put into the game to sort through some existing issues, a rollback is not ideal. Better to work forward, as much as that seems counter intuitive. 

26 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

The only thing I see positive in it is maybe a slightly more detailed environment with better lighting but that may just be me.

No bugs got fixed.

Serious game killing bugs:

Jason grab glitch at least once a match sometimes multiple times where counselors get extra lives. Ghost bodies. Interaction points are not good. Guys why in the F did you release this update?

I'm a counselor player 100 percent but I dont want these game killing bugs, seriously this has damaged Jason play so much that every match everyone is yelling about it, it's going to ruin the game, run off the people who like to play as Jason and then the game is dead, I mean really dead.

@AshTray900

see Mattshotcha response to the issues from the last Patch/ Update.

He is our community Lead.....

There is definitely some issues with this last patch but there are also several issues that have been fixed with it as well....

See @Somethin Cool thread about what has actually been fixed with the newest patch....

thanks OCT.....

Ok thanks for the information, just seems to me that if played in a test environment alot of these would have been noticed immediately.

But thanks for the work. I am in the camp that isnt begging for more content, I would just really like the game pretty much perfected, occasional glitches were actually pretty funny.

Anyways thanks for the work you do, let's just get it right and then start making small changes to repair things instead of major overhauls, rebuilding an engine due to a bad fuel injector is kind of pointless. Also playing tapes is broken, I havent tried the single player challenges as I have finished them, however they were very fun and hope they are still functional

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Ok thanks for the information, just seems to me that if played in a test environment alot of these would have been noticed immediately.

But thanks for the work. I am in the camp that isnt begging for more content, I would just really like the game pretty much perfected, occasional glitches were actually pretty funny.

Anyways thanks for the work you do, let's just get it right and then start making small changes to repair things instead of major overhauls, rebuilding an engine due to a bad fuel injector is kind of pointless. Also playing tapes is broken, I havent tried the single player challenges as I have finished them, however they were very fun and hope they are still functional

This one threw them off because it's so much different from private match to QP. 

Also rebuilding an engine due to a bad fuel injector isn't always pointless. How long has the injector been bad? Maybe fuel leaked past the rings and got into the oil. Maybe it went unnoticed and then the next thing you know the bearings are worn out due to the thinned out oil not lubricating properly. Now the cylinder walls are scored due to all the metal shavings and the thinned out oil. Now it's time for an overhaul due to a bad fuel injector...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

This one threw them off because it's so much different from private match to QP. 

Also rebuilding an engine due to a bad fuel injector isn't always pointless. How long has the injector been bad? Maybe fuel leaked past the rings and got into the oil. Maybe it went unnoticed and then the next thing you know the bearings are worn out due to the thinned out oil not lubricating properly. Now the cylinder walls are scored due to all the metal shavings and the thinned out oil. Now it's time for an overhaul due to a bad fuel injector...

Lol yeah you kind of missed the point as a single bug in a game isnt a cancer that grows and destroys other code, well not in any functional sense as memory leaks and programming that bad would destroy it completely. I get it, I'm not trying to be so negative but at some point we do need to stick with our code and fix it as is instead of upgrading.

The car reference was assuming the engine to be undamaged, and yes we all know all gaming engines have their flaws, but the new ones just bring different flaws, code hasn't been able to be 100 percent flawless since the AS400 went the way of the dodo and it took more than one person to write a program.

8 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

It's not a total loss if you found something good about it.

No bugs got fixed. Some bugs got fixed. Unfortunately, it was at the expense of new bugs surfacing. It seems to happen every patch.

Serious game killing bugs: Those game breaking bugs will get patched with a hotfix, hopefully...

Jason grab glitch at least once a match sometimes multiple times where counselors get extra lives. Ghost bodies. Interaction points are not good. Guys why in the F did you release this update? The update was released to hopefully fix previously broken stuff.

I'm a counselor player 100 percent but I dont want these game killing bugs, seriously this has damaged Jason play so much that every match everyone is telling about it, it's going to ruin the game, run off the people who like to play as Jason and the game is dead, I mean really dead.

The game is dying, not dead, at least not yet.

A rollback could be a thing if needed. We'll have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, AshTray900 said:

Lol yeah you kind of missed the point as a single bug in a game isnt a cancer that grows and destroys other code, well not in any functional sense as memory leaks and programming that bad would destroy it completely.

The car reference was assuming the engine to be undamaged, and yes we all know all gaming engines have their flaws, but the new ones just bring different flaws, code hasn't been able to be 100 percent flawless since the AS400 went the way of the dodo and it took more than one person to write a program.

Lol I was just exercising my knowledge of things other than video games. Not too many people talk cars around here 😎

Haha yeah I get my hands greasy from time to time, and I know exactly where you were coming from. Did an intake on a gm3100, got the car cheap as it was in a failing state, I'm hoping it didnt get hot enough to damage the head gasket, I know they are notorious for head gaskets going not to far behind the shitty stock plastic intake gasket. 20k miles, no coolant drop in the overflow, no nasty oil, engine runs well, it doesnt idle like a brand new car but never tries to die just not singer smooth. It's a big old station wagon, I'm still worried about making a 14 hour trek in it to get a grandfather clock I inherited... 🥴

17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

A rollback could be a thing if needed. We'll have to wait and see.

Yeah I do like the way it looks, but I hear from players so much "I'm done with this game!" I know some of its talk but I've seen people go over the course of the games release little by little, I mean hard core players that played as a group together with me for social fun not really the game itself, but they get frustrated and move on to other games, I seriously dislike the "battle royale" style and dont want to say I dont like dead by daylight but its definitely not this game but I watch my friends list and see what they are playing and how it evolves. I dont see this getting new players by the hoards so i want to not run off the good ones we have. Yeah not dead, inevitably all online multiplayer games will come to an end though.

For shits and giggles i fired up my ps2 7 years ago with my NIC adapter and tried to find a match in world series of poker, I left it sitting. Like and hour and 0 people joined haha

4 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Haha yeah I get my hands greasy from time to time, and I know exactly where you were coming from. Did an intake on a gm3100, got the car cheap as it was in a failing state, I'm hoping it didnt get hot enough to damage the head gasket, I know they are notorious for head gaskets going not to far behind the shitty stock plastic intake gasket. 20k miles, no coolant drop in the overflow, no nasty oil, engine runs well, it doesnt idle like a brand new car but never tries to die just not singer smooth. It's a big old station wagon, I'm still worried about making a 14 hour trek in it to get a grandfather clock I inherited... 🥴

Bugs and glitches are bad

^staying on topic^ 😉

The 3100 was a decent engine back in the day. Depending on how old it is it should be good. I put almost 275,000 miles on my 91 Sunbird before I got rid of it and technically it still ran good. Wasn't a whole hell of a lot left of the body but they were prone to rust. 

Lol when I think big old station wagon I think Caprice but I don't think they ever put a v6 in one that I can recall. So apparently one man's big old station wagon is another man's compact wagon. Cavalier wagon?

It's a century wagon, big compared to most cars younger generation knows of, it's in great shape, I put 350k on a 3400 alero lol.

I had a Buick estate wagon with a 307 years ago and yep its compact compared to that, but still bigger than the new Honda pilot lol. It has the 3rd row rear facing seats! Anyways.

Hope we get this game right, I like the visual improvements but the audio failures just really kill the vibe (every "WTF" I hear on game chat lol)

33 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol I was just exercising my knowledge of things other than video games. Not too many people talk cars around here 😎

I’ll talk cars all day. I’m a huge car guy. Japanese Imports for me 

50 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Yeah I do like the way it looks, but I hear from players so much "I'm done with this game!" I know some of its talk but I've seen people go over the course of the games release little by little, I mean hard core players that played as a group together with me for social fun not really the game itself, but they get frustrated and move on to other games, I seriously dislike the "battle royale" style and dont want to say I dont like dead by daylight but its definitely not this game but I watch my friends list and see what they are playing and how it evolves. I dont see this getting new players by the hoards so i want to not run off the good ones we have. Yeah not dead, inevitably all online multiplayer games will come to an end though.

For shits and giggles i fired up my ps2 7 years ago with my NIC adapter and tried to find a match in world series of poker, I left it sitting. Like and hour and 0 people joined haha

Online games come and go. There are those that people stay loyal to. There are still about 200 or so people playing Quake 2 after all these years.

Players come and go. If someone isn't enjoying a certain game, I wouldn't expect them to force themselves to play something for the sake of others.

This game will never have the numbers it did at launch. Those times have long since passed. I'm grateful to those who still care enough to play though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

It's a century wagon, big compared to most cars younger generation knows of, it's in great shape, I put 350k on a 3400 alero lol.

I had a Buick estate wagon with a 307 years ago and yep its compact compared to that, but still bigger than the new Honda pilot lol. It has the 3rd row rear facing seats! Anyways.

Hope we get this game right, I like the visual improvements but the audio failures just really kill the vibe (every "WTF" I hear on game chat lol)

Hopefully they'll fix the audio audio failures when they're done with the bugs and glitches. 

My first car was a 76 Buick Electra limited. Everything new is a compact compared to that.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’ll talk cars all day. I’m a huge car guy. Japanese Imports for me 

Rice burners are ok but I prefer American muscle. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Hopefully they'll fix the audio audio failures when they're done with the bugs and glitches. 

My first car was a 76 Buick Electra limited. Everything new is a compact compared to that.

Lol see there’s a difference between a Japanese car that’s riced and one that’s nice 

11 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@AshTray900

see Mattshotcha response to the issues from the last Patch/ Update.

He is our community Lead.....

There is definitely some issues with this last patch but there are also several issues that have been fixed with it as well....

See @Somethin Cool thread about what has actually been fixed with the newest patch....

thanks OCT.....

What was fixed...

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

78 tbird huge car compact inside lol, wish I had not sold it was in 100 percent running condition I replaced so much crap on it, I got it with 30k, very little rust, needed paint job to refresh it, I had the vinyl top replaced, the inside was trashed, needed a complete job, even the dash components were crumbling, I had to use epoxy just to keep the instrument cluster from turning to dust. Headliner gone seats tore up, carpet nappy and torn in places. A lot of work I don’t know how to do, I did buy a replacement cluster and it was only marginally better, seems the plastic they used was just trash. But the 8 track worked lmao

Expect a status update coming in Tuesday. I'm pretty confident we'll have more by then. 

Would have loved to get you guys something by the weekend, but until we're concrete, I'm not going to get hopes up.

We've put effort into not only sorting this thing out, but sorting out some of our processes here to minimize these types of things happening again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Expect a status update coming in Tuesday.

Looking forward to it, thanks for the heads up. 

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Expect a status update coming in Tuesday. I'm pretty confident we'll have more by then. 

Would have loved to get you guys something by the weekend, but until we're concrete, I'm not going to get hopes up.

We've put effort into not only sorting this thing out, but sorting out some of our processes here to minimize these types of things happening again.

Ty for the heads up