Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

Old door opening animation?

Just don't look at the pre-Alpha stuff.

It'll make you cry at what could have been. 

The lighting was better, the graphics were better, the animations were better, the overall look was better.

I wonder what happened?  

Not taking anything from this buggy mess we have now because it's still fun and I've met a lot of friends because of the game but it could have been so, so much more. 

1 hour ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Does anyone know where I can see a video of the door animation before it was changed? It was more cinematic 

Here,

1) forum.f13game.com/topic/12716-early-alphabeta-vs-final-release-new-full-video-tommy-return-video-060218-enter-vote-please-leave-comment/

2) forum.f13game.com/topic/16745-what-should-be-graphically-improved/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SametChan said:

Here,

1) forum.f13game.com/topic/12716-early-alphabeta-vs-final-release-new-full-video-tommy-return-video-060218-enter-vote-please-leave-comment/

2) forum.f13game.com/topic/16745-what-should-be-graphically-improved/

Thanks man! Yeah everything does look better although I know reasons behind changes but in that video who ever showed the final version had the screw-in stretched out! I wonder if they took out the opening Tommy quotes due to copyright?!? 

While the animations looked better they were very impractical from gameplay standpoint. The door opening was too long, Jason turning etc. everything was too long. Long winded animations make you vulnerable.

Multiple atmosphere changes ended up ruining the gameplay in hindsight. Things like the longer door animations l etc. There are worse changes though I was thinking about.

Being able to overadjust the gamma should have been removed immediately. We got people out here running 3 and 4 gamma looking like the middle of the afternoon because they “can’t see” AKA just want to run around.

Sound pings were ruined at launch in favor of letting mediocre Jason players spam sense to find counselors continuously with no effort. This has made it harder for counselors to rightfully play stealthily and forced the meta to become nothing but counselors running around and speed looting leaving doors open and windows closed. Might as well, right?

Instead of Jason having to legitimately hunt counselors, going toward the slightest ping, Jason just spams sense and crutch plays while counselors run around and scream over everything. The bad programming for counselor screaming has also added to it. When Jason is in stalk no counselors should be crying out, period.

The game was initially designed, packaged, and promoted as a game that would force counselors to use stealth, walk and crouch around, and be very quiet otherwise they’ll create pings that Jason will see. Letting sense do all the work for Jason and not penalizing counselors enough for running has completely destroyed the intended dynamics of the game. 

The sense ability should be delayed or, as many have begged, replaced with stalk in order. Whatever Wes tried to explain-away about stalk being too powerful early on is BS. Jason is stealthy early in the films and should be stealthy, it’s SUPPOSED to be difficult to detect him. Sense being available so early AND being able to spam enablesJason players to abuse it as part of the game mechanics. Take this away and make Jason have to hunt better. I also propose a decrease in counselor speed and higher generation of pings.

The ridiculous range in the music cue is already enough. To counter this, stalk and sense should both have a continuous duration and cool down, once used it works the intended duration and cannot be toggled off or spammed. This will force Jason to use his abilities more strategically and counselors will just have to get better at anticipating. Making gameplay more difficult for Jason and counselors makes for better matches. Sigh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@BeautyNumber2

Spot on, on everything in your post. 

Sense should not be able to be spammed, it should work the same as the other Jason abilities.  You use it, and for however long you decide to do so, it goes into a full cooldown after.  Just like if you short shift. 

Counselors, especially when hiding, shouldn't be screaming out when Jason walks by them under a bed or in a closet.  Holding your breath is an interesting idea, however once you stop you let out a huge gasp which is just as bad as "I hope he didn't see me!"  Instead of holding your breath, maybe it should be covering your mouth because you can still breath through your nose.  I think back to Ginny in Part 2...she didn't let out a huge gasp when Jason came in the cabin, she didn't gasp when he walked by the bed, she didn't gasp when a mouse walked by her.  She did piss herself which Jason somehow realized but she was hidden, and covering her mouth without yelling out like an idiot.  The mere fact you character screams out while hiding completely ruins the point of hiding. 

The problem with making it harder for Jason, is the game is pretty easy for counselors already.  So things would need to be changed on their end as well.  Make it not as easy to knock Jason's mask off.  Make counselors a little slower.  Make repairs take a little longer.  Make the diving through a window animation, especially a closed window, take a little longer.  If you're making it so Jason has a more difficult time finding people, you have to make it more difficult for counselors to get away when he does find them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Multiple atmosphere changes ended up ruining the gameplay in hindsight. Things like the longer door animations l etc. There are worse changes though I was thinking about.

Being able to overadjust the gamma should have been removed immediately. We got people out here running 3 and 4 gamma looking like the middle of the afternoon because they “can’t see” AKA just want to run around.

Sound pings were ruined at launch in favor of letting mediocre Jason players spam sense to find counselors continuously with no effort. This has made it harder for counselors to rightfully play stealthily and forced the meta to become nothing but counselors running around and speed looting leaving doors open and windows closed. Might as well, right?

Instead of Jason having to legitimately hunt counselors, going toward the slightest ping, Jason just spams sense and crutch plays while counselors run around and scream over everything. The bad programming for counselor screaming has also added to it. When Jason is in stalk no counselors should be crying out, period.

The game was initially designed, packaged, and promoted as a game that would force counselors to use stealth, walk and crouch around, and be very quiet otherwise they’ll create pings that Jason will see. Letting sense do all the work for Jason and not penalizing counselors enough for running has completely destroyed the intended dynamics of the game. 

The sense ability should be delayed or, as many have begged, replaced with stalk in order. Whatever Wes tried to explain-away about stalk being too powerful early on is BS. Jason is stealthy early in the films and should be stealthy, it’s SUPPOSED to be difficult to detect him. Sense being available so early AND being able to spam enablesJason players to abuse it as part of the game mechanics. Take this away and make Jason have to hunt better. I also propose a decrease in counselor speed and higher generation of pings.

The ridiculous range in the music cue is already enough. To counter this, stalk and sense should both have a continuous duration and cool down, once used it works the intended duration and cannot be toggled off or spammed. This will force Jason to use his abilities more strategically and counselors will just have to get better at anticipating. Making gameplay more difficult for Jason and counselors makes for better matches. Sigh

Agreed 100 percent.

They should've kept the much larger maps they had in mind too, on top of what they were in launch.

Small maps should've never been a consideration.

These are the sort of things they can't hide the 'budget' as reasons they weren't seen from the get go.

Thanks guys. I believe that all counselor speeds should be reduced by one point across the board. I also believe stamina should deplete ~10 seconds faster. This is an decrease of about 5%, not much but compiles with fear penalties. Not much but count to 10 when Jason is chasing you and you should have saved your stamina.

The game really needs a complete overhaul like I mentioned in 2017 ahem. The devs have gotten away with changing the game that was envisioned, pitched, and funded by us backers. I won’t use the word promise, but Friday the 13th: The Game was sold to us as a cinematic non-linear survival horror game, not a brawl. The intention of the gameplay was to keep quiet, hide when needed, and try to escape.

The changes we need:

1. change the availability and sequence of Jason’s abilities:

Morph: Jason appears to be everywhere like in his first trilogy of appearances in films 2-4. Make Morph available from the start of the match

Stalk: Jason is a silent killer, sneaking up on his victims with precision. Make Stalk available at the 1 minute mark. When activated, Stalk cannot be turned off until it has expired. Jason must use strategically. Counselors cannot rely exclusively on Jason’s music radius.

Sense: Jason the supernatural killer has a keen ability to know where counselors are, indicative of his resurrection in Parts 6 on. Make Sense available at 3 minutes. Once used, Sense cannot be toggled off and requires a full cool down. Use sparingly.

Shift: Jason can suddenly go in for a kill, somehow. Make Shift available at 5 minutes. Shift regeneration is fine as is.

2. Tweak all counselor skills and reduce speed and stamina each by one point. For too long have high speed:stamina character dragged out matches even when Jason was chasing.

3. Harsher stamina penalties to counselor’s when running. When running/sprinting, counselor’s should drain from full in 5 seconds. Non-running movement should now have lower stamina penalties (you know, how the human body works). This way counselors will easily be run down by Jason, only being able to sprint to a window to survive. 

4. Hiding spaces no longer completely block sense pre-rage but still block it significantly. Counselors in hiding spots should have a base 0.35 chance of appearing on Sense, not 0. Smh. Basically, if Jason used Sense three times in a general area, a person hiding should show up, not be completely absolved from the ability’s purpose. Counselors should be using hiding spots more but not longer in them. This was the original attention of hiding spots.

5. Counselors in hiding spots do not scream when Jason is nearby nor do they scream when Stalk is active.

6. Readjust rage, again. Jason is still able to be stunned, but stun resistance is at 0.90 or slightly higher than Part 9. Fireworks still do not stun, but flare guns do.

7. Restore the original purpose of fireworks: a sound distraction. Fireworks should not stun Jason ever, sorry. Flare guns should stun as they were adjusted to do so now.

8. Reduce the amount of weapons on every map. A weapon in a cabin should not be a guarantee. No more than 2 weapons in a large cabin and no more than 1 weapon in a small cabin, sorry. This will increase the value of weapons, reduce the supply, and detour brawling with Jason at the risk of breaking your weapon.

9. Reduce the amount of health sprays and double the time it takes to use. Quick spritzes while Jason is right there is ridiculous. There should only be 2 sprays per match, sorry. We will see the meta include Hypochondriac in addition to Medic. Bring your own spray or suffer, sns.

10. Reduce the amount of pocket knives by 2. There should be ONE pocket knife per match and one with Tommy. It should be the holy grail, not “I haven’t found a knife yet.”

11. Add a prompt kill when counselors are near windows. Use the in-game icon, and the “Tossed” kill, Jason will grab through the window and throw them back through. Like other things recently adjusted, this is not “new content.”

12. Make repairs take longer. All base mini-game speed should be reduced by 50% Note that slower skill checks make repairs easier but take longer. No one is installing a new battery in 3 seconds. Sorry.

13. Restore the boat to being silent upon startup 

14. Remove BOTH automatic Counselor GPS and Item icons. Counselors should only “appear” on the map if they have a walkie AND a map. This would make it more important to have both. Repair items should only be tagged for the counselor who actually tagged them. “Where did I find that gas again? Oh, over there.” This is the realistic use of item tagging as a function of a person actually remembering where they saw something. Counselors are not soothsayers and should not be able to perceive where items and people are at.

15. Make maps only available at the map kiosk. Jason might want to trap this location now as it’s the only way for counselors to get a map. Why there would be maps randomly in cabin drawers doesn’t make sense. 

15. Counselors cannot suicide anymore, period. Self-inflicted damage should reduce counselors to 1 HP but never kill them. No, repeated damage from falling out of windows or traps not killing someone’s is not realistic but neither is someone actually trying to kill the sleeves in this way. As well, a counselor that steps in another counselor’s trap should still be killed. If counselors are that coordinated to kill each other nothing can help detour that kind of toxic behavior.

What do you think?

19 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Thanks guys. I believe that all counselor speeds should be reduced by one point across the board. I also believe stamina should deplete ~10 seconds faster. This is an decrease of about 5%, not much but compiles with fear penalties. Not much but count to 10 when Jason is chasing you and you should have saved your stamina.

The game really needs a complete overhaul like I mentioned in 2017 ahem. The devs have gotten away with changing the game that was envisioned, pitched, and funded by us backers. I won’t use the word promise, but Friday the 13th: The Game was sold to us as a cinematic non-linear survival horror game, not a brawl. The intention of the gameplay was to keep quiet, hide when needed, and try to escape.

The changes we need:

Morph: Jason appears to be everywhere like in his first trilogy of appearances in films 2-4. Make Morph available from the start of the match

Stalk: Jason is a silent killer, sneaking up on his victims with precision. Make Stalk available at the 1 minute mark. When activated, Stalk cannot be turned off until it has expired. Jason must use strategically. Counselors cannot rely exclusively on Jason’s music radius.

Sense: Jason the supernatural killer has a keen ability to know where counselors are, indicative of his resurrection in Parts 6 on. Make Sense available at 3 minutes. Once used, Sense cannot be toggled off and requires a full cool down. Use sparingly.

Shift: Jason can suddenly go in for a kill, somehow. Make Shift available at 5 minutes. Shift regeneration is fine as is.

2. Tweak all counselor skills and reduce speed and stamina each by one point. For too long have high speed:stamina character dragged out matches even when Jason was chasing.

3. Harsher stamina penalties to counselor’s when running. When running/sprinting, counselor’s should drain from full in 5 seconds. Non-running movement should now have lower stamina penalties (you know, how the human body works). This way counselors will easily be run down by Jason, only being able to sprint to a window to survive. 

4. Hiding spaces no longer completely block sense pre-rage but still block it significantly. Counselors in hiding spots should have a base 0.35 chance of appearing on Sense, not 0. Smh. Basically, if Jason used Sense three times in a general area, a person hiding should show up, not be completely absolved from the ability’s purpose. Counselors should be using hiding spots more but not longer in them. This was the original attention of hiding spots.

5. Counselors in hiding spots do not scream when Jason is nearby nor do they scream when Stalk is active.

6. Readjust rage, again. Jason is still able to be stunned, but stun resistance is at 0.90 or slightly higher than Part 9. Fireworks still do not stun, but flare guns do.

7. Restore the original purpose of fireworks: a sound distraction. Fireworks should not stun Jason ever, sorry. Flare guns should stun as they were adjusted to do so now.

8. Reduce the amount of weapons on every map. A weapon in a cabin should not be a guarantee. No more than 2 weapons in a large cabin and no more than 1 weapon in a small cabin, sorry. This will increase the value of weapons, reduce the supply, and detour brawling with Jason at the risk of breaking your weapon.

9. Reduce the amount of health sprays and double the time it takes to use. Quick spritzes while Jason is right there is ridiculous. There should only be 2 sprays per match, sorry. We will see the meta include Hypochondriac in addition to Medic. Bring your own spray or suffer, sns.

10. Reduce the amount of pocket knives by 2. There should be ONE pocket knife per match and one with Tommy. It should be the holy grail, not “I haven’t found a knife yet.”

11. Add a prompt kill when counselors are near windows. Use the in-game icon, and the “Tossed” kill, Jason will grab through the window and throw them back through. Like other things recently adjusted, this is not “new content.”

12. Make repairs take longer. All base mini-game speed should be reduced by 50% Note that slower skill checks make repairs easier but take longer. No one is installing a new battery in 3 seconds. Sorry.

14. Remove BOTH automatic Counselor GPS and Item icons. Counselors should only “appear” on the map if they have a walkie AND a map. This would make it more important to have both. Repair items should only be tagged for the counselor who actually tagged them. “Where did I find that gas again? Oh, over there.” This is the realistic use of item tagging as a function of a person actually remembering where they saw something. Counselors are not soothsayers and should not be able to perceive where items and people are at.

15. Make maps only available at the map kiosk. Jason might want to trap this location now as it’s the only way for counselors to get a map. Why there would be maps randomly in cabin drawers doesn’t make sense. 

15. Counselors cannot suicide anymore, period. Self-inflicted damage should reduce counselors to 1 HP but never kill them. No, repeated damage from falling out of windows or traps not killing someone’s is not realistic but neither is someone actually trying to kill the sleeves in this way. As well, a counselor that steps in another counselor’s trap should still be killed. If counselors are that coordinated to kill each other nothing can help detour that kind of toxic behavior.

What do you think?

I loved your ideas; they actually should be taken into consideration.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

The changes we need:

What do you think?

Some very well thought out ideas that make sense, although I'm not really in favour of point 14, could see it making the match a little frustrating on the surface. 

One of the things I'd like to see is hiding spots changed so it encourages them to be used more. I'd be for it not showing at all in rage mode until the player has been in the spot for say x minute/s, so it encourages the player to keep moving whilst at the same time potentially exposing themselves to jason. Although it'd be challenging, it would be possible to go from hiding spot to hiding spot to survive the night. It would really create some cat and mouse moments and I feel It really should be a thing in this game. 

I also agree with the map kiosk. I don't think maps should be plentiful in cabins, scrap it all together. Kiosk only, it should be another objective. 

9 hours ago, SirMang said:

I think back to Ginny in Part 2...she didn't let out a huge gasp when Jason came in the cabin, she didn't gasp when he walked by the bed, she didn't gasp when a mouse walked by her.  She did piss herself which Jason somehow realized but she was hidden, and covering her mouth without yelling out like an idiot.  The mere fact you character screams out while hiding completely ruins the point of hiding. 

This should have been a thing. It would have been a great expression of fear while hiding.

They still would've needed to find a way to make not wanting to be around Jason a thing. That in itself, is a huge issue and why the speed meta would still be on casuals go to list, even if the speed and stamina were decreased overall.

Composure should play more of a factor. There is absolutely no reason why Vanessa should be able to survive up close against Jason with terrible composure versus Jenny with excellent composure. Doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't be a guarantee obviously, but it should be more of a given. Tripping and falling for low composure would've done wonders. Being faster would only be something that helps you get away better, not constantly taunt and bully without any sort of drawback.

Otherwise you'll continue to get scenarios like this brilliant piece of art posted on twitter awhile back that basically sums up the game in a nutshell.

Part 9 getting manhandled by a mob squad.

DTG6xNHW0AAMZeO.jpg:large&f=1

@BeautyNumber2  The changes we want will never be implemented or addressed.  Considering they need to evaluate their last patch which hadn't really fixed much, our concerns are "ultra-low priority".  Now, instead of spending time on here wishing for something positive to finally happen, just avoid the forum (since it usually ends up as disappointing visit) and come play with us some time.  I've sent you that PM with my PSN ID already but never heard from you after that initial message, and I can't send you anything because all ways of contacting you are blocked.  You gotta take the initiative and shoot me a request so we can finally party up and play.  @lasse_hei, @Redrum138, @Vaderspupil, @hu_soldier13, are just a few trustworthy forum members that I still play with (sorry for forgetting anyone else), so there is usually a group of us ready to go.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

@BeautyNumber2  The changes we want will never be implemented or addressed.  Considering they need to evaluate their last patch which hadn't really fixed much, our concerns are "ultra-low priority".  Now, instead of spending time on here wishing for something positive to finally happen, just avoid the forum (since it usually ends up as disappointing visit) and come play with us some time.  I've sent you that PM with my PSN ID already but never heard from you after that initial message, and I can't send you anything because all ways of contacting you are blocked.  You gotta take the initiative and shoot me a request so we can finally party up and play.  @lasse_hei, @Redrum138, @Vaderspupil, @hu_soldier13, are just a few trustworthy forum members that I still play with (sorry for forgetting anyone else), so there is usually a group of us ready to go.

Speaking of which, you guys wanna continue the movie marathon challenge today? Rust is on Part 5, Joeh is on part 4. Or someone else can start a new one. I have all the stats and survivors written down.

• Like 1

As long as I'm not caught up doing something else, I'm up for it.  If I continue from Part V and kill everyone from then on, when would be my final match, by Part VII or VIII?

• Like 1

Looking like part 8 will be the final chapter for the counselors if you continue to kill the lobby. Part 5, 6 will have a full lobby. 7 will have Nessa and Victoria, but the counselors will have very limited fixers! So by part 8, Deb might be the only fixer. And it might not matter as they are stuck at the lodge area till you get rage to represent the boat in part 8. It's highly likely they won't have a living counselor to go to part 9, lol.

• Thanks 1