Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

Put back items not shown on the map!

I think the game needs to go back to the original way where when you find the gas, battery, keys, fuse, boat propeller and drop them they don’t show up on the map forcing players to really communicate with each other and tell each other where the last saw it!!  

It was more challenging and fun that way! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I think the game needs to go back to the original way where when you find the gas, battery, keys, fuse, boat propeller and drop them they don’t show up on the map forcing players to really communicate with each other and tell each other where the last saw it!!  

And didn’t actually work, instead parts got hidden in the woods. You can’t make people communicate unfortunately. 

It certainly isn’t the best change but it does help people not be as frustrated with their gaming experience. Sorry I can’t be more supportive but I think it should stay. As a toggle in PM I fully support it, hope that helps. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I'm OK with this in Private match, maybe adding a toggle to turn on/off,  but in QP?? Hell no. Slasher_Clone is right, people will randomly hide the parts to troll. Sure they still grab parts and run off refusing to repair, or pickup the keys and refuse to drive, but eventually they die(as long as they weren't teaming) and I know where part is to go pickup and still have a chance to complete objective.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

They troll with parts by taking them on rooftops and dropping them also.

Yeah, i've seen this a few times. The worst was that little hut on packanack before you could unlock doors. They would take parts in, lock the door then hop out window. So glad that is no longer an issue. Hoping roof isn't much longer either.

One of the worst changes made to the game. They absolutely should revert it in private matches.

• Like 2

Yeah I hear ya! I guess I never experienced people doing that in my matches back then! All I remember was this one match my friend had the keys as he swim across the lake and Jason got him causing the keys to sink! But that wasn’t on purpose! 

8 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

No way, this was added to prevent people from hiding parts, I would go further and say why cant we stick the keys in the ignition before it has gas, this is one thing I can 100 percent disagree with. Even well intentioned counselors would drop the keys near a car and they could be impossible to find.

Contrary to what someone else said, this was one of the best additions to the game, it took the total chaos out of it, as it is, or was before this update Jason play was good, Jason would easily kill alot of people and all in alot of matches.

Removing this would be as much of a game killer as the current state of Jason being so broken. Unfortunately it's very hard to say gas is three trees behind a campfire bc I had to drop it and run. It would be lost forever essentially due to all counselors having no where near the amount of time to travel the entire map and the forest before meeting their usual gruesome fate

Some people cannot communicate. They cannot use microphones for hundreds of reasons. Some people are deaf, some cannot speak properly or fully English. If you want to make this game 100% about communication over mics, you will limit an already limited playerbase even more.

Stop with the “well it had to change because players were trolls” excuse. It’s illogical with the proof being that players are still trolls, worse than ever. The difference is now the game still has trolls but worse mechanics. That’s what happens with knee-jerk reactions from not-so-bright people. 

The 1/20 matches where a troll actually hid items got turned into rabble rousing where players were literally lying and claiming it was happening every match and *that* was the reason they couldn’t find items. So let’s not rewrite history to make it seem like every lobby was nothing but players hiding items because it wasn’t.

The same people that complained trolls were always hiding items were also trying to complain that counselors were escaping too easily........... so players were simultaneously hiding items while using them to escape oh ok. Anytime someone overlooked the battery “TROLLS!!!1 SOMEONE’S HIDING ALL THE ITEMS111” when it was just that someone overlooked an item.

Anecdotal evidence and screen caps with “I’ve seen it!!!1” testimonials were used to complain loudly and create a BS narrative that it was happening more often than not when it was happenig maybe 1/15-20 matches. The truth of the matter is that a small minority of players were actually trolling items but it ruined matches so entirely that players would fume and create threads and tweet and DM the devs every single time it happened. That caused a huge stir. I was there ‘I saw it.’

I was against item tagging then and I still am. It lowers team support, reduces communication, and allows players to “see” the keys when someone dies so all they have to do is wait it out and run to wherever items are. It’s bad game mechanics and it’s unrealistic. Ultimately decisions like this continued to pander to younger and younger audiences to make it more accessible, alienating backers. Oops.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Stop with the “well it had to change because players were trolls” excuse. It’s illogical with the proof being that players are still trolls, worse than ever. The difference is now the game still has trolls but worse mechanics. That’s what happens with knee-jerk reactions from not-so-bright people. 

The 1/20 matches where a troll actually hid items got turned into rabble rousing where players were literally lying and claiming it was happening every match and *that* was the reason they couldn’t find items. So let’s not rewrite history to make it seem like every lobby was nothing but players hiding items because it wasn’t.

The same people that complained trolls were always hiding items were also trying to complain that counselors were escaping too easily........... so players were simultaneously hiding items while using them to escape oh ok. Anytime someone overlooked the battery “TROLLS!!!1 SOMEONE’S HIDING ALL THE ITEMS111” when it was just that someone overlooked an item.

Anecdotal evidence and screen caps with “I’ve seen it!!!1” testimonials were used to complain loudly and create a BS narrative that it was happening more often than not when it was happenig maybe 1/15-20 matches. The truth of the matter is that a small minority of players were actually trolling items but it ruined matches so entirely that players would fume and create threads and tweet and DM the devs every single time it happened. That caused a huge stir. I was there ‘I saw it.’

I was against item tagging then and I still am. It lowers team support, reduces communication, and allows players to “see” the keys when someone dies so all they have to do is wait it out and run to wherever items are. It’s bad game mechanics and it’s unrealistic. Ultimately decisions like this continued to pander to younger and younger audiences to make it more accessible, alienating backers. Oops.

I've played since june 2016. We're NOT going to remember where everyone died. Hell, when people escape their crap ends up on shores. It's nice being able to see where stuff is. If they changed this I wouldn't quit but it would be way harder to survive the night. Keeping the locations on is the better choice.

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

If they changed this I wouldn't quit but it would be way harder to survive the night.

EXACTLY as it should be.  The problem is that people don't pay attention.  If you found a map, open it up, and suddenly see a counselor circle disappear, that is your hint to check that area (if that player hadn't had a mic and explicitly said they had a part) for what may have been dropped.  I really miss that.  On top of that, yeah, the goal is to survive, but if you die, is it really the end of the world for "you"?  The way people treat dying in this game is so insane, I can't understand how people play any other game without freaking out.  Do these same people play shooters and freak out every time they die (just to respawn 2 seconds later)?

And with people hoping for some changes to item spawn points and the like, having the items unmarked in itself brought a special kind of randomness to how the match would play out.  People also forget that it wasn't so much the items being unmarked that was the problem (before all the brain surgeon trolls started hording items), but the items SINKING INTO THE GROUND that was the real problem in these situations.  And with all that said, I agree with @BeautyNumber2 on this.  The game started out a certain way and was great (minus the bugs such as the items sinking) and only got worse as they tried to appease the "casual" players.  If you played from launch and got used to how it was, you'd still be fine now if it was kept the same way or reverted back to how mechanics used to mesh.  Taking a hardcore survival experience and slowly turning it into a hand-holding deal is really what ruined the overall game.

• Like 1

On the fence on this one it was one of the biggest indirect nerfs to Jason. How about a  compromise? The items only show on your mini map not your main map.That way if you are in proximity you can still find it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

On the fence on this one it was one of the biggest indirect nerfs to Jason. How about a  compromise? The items only show on your mini map not your main map.That way if you are in proximity you can still find it.

This is a pretty good suggestion. Also, maybe it shows up on the map IF you've seen the item, and so know where it is. If it disappears, then someone picked it up and you have to find it again. Or maybe you can, as a lengthy action, "mark" an item so that it shows up on the minimap. Something like kneeling down and setting a bear trap, only it takes longer to complete.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

They troll with parts by taking them on rooftops and dropping them also.

I've seen a few instances of that. Thank goodness it isn't as bad as it could be, yet.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:11 AM, Survival said:

Some people cannot communicate. They cannot use microphones for hundreds of reasons. Some people are deaf, some cannot speak properly or fully English. If you want to make this game 100% about communication over mics, you will limit an already limited playerbase even more.

The emotes provide a form of communication, so all players could communicate if they wished to do so. I've played with players who have developed a number of subtle methods of communication, without resorting to third party means outside the game. That outside the box thinking always impressed me.

23 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

A troll is going to be a troll, no matter what you do to deter them. Take away the item marking, and they'll screw you over some other way.

As far as the frequency of part hoarding, the experience of each player will vary from one to the next. You say you've seen it about 5% of the time, while others have seen it more often. I won't say you or they are right or wrong, as it is based on individual experiences.

3 hours ago, sedaiv said:

You sound REALLY butt hurt you can't ditch items at Jason's shack or a remote area. Trolls will always find a way. The way the repair items appear now is fine.

Say what you have to say, but don't be a jerk about it. Also, don't assume about the play styles of others.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

This would be an ideal compromise.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I've seen a few instances of that. Thank goodness it isn't as bad as it could be, yet.

The emotes provide a form of communication, so all players could communicate if they wished to do so. I've played with players who have developed a number of subtle methods of communication, without resorting to third party means outside the game. That outside the box thinking always impressed me.

A troll is going to be a troll, no matter what you do to deter them. Take away the item marking, and they'll screw you over some other way.

As far as the frequency of part hoarding, the experience of each player will vary from one to the next. You say you've seen it about 5% of the time, while others have seen it more often. I won't say you or they are right or wrong, as it is based on individual experiences.

Say what you have to say, but don't be a jerk about it. Also, don't assume about the play styles of others.

This would be an ideal compromise.

I'm sorry you felt threatened. It wasn't my intention to be overly threatened but you do sound like you're aggitated abd upset over a positive update.

22 hours ago, sedaiv said:

I'm sorry you felt threatened. It wasn't my intention to be overly threatened but you do sound like you're aggitated abd upset over a positive update.

I'm not agitated by your response regarding this concept. I do feel you could do a lot less assuming about the play styles of other forum members. You do know what they say about people who assume? Take your intensity down a couple of notches.

I can see both sides to this equation. Slasher Clone is right in stating this would make trolling way easier. Having been in several matches where the trolls will hide the parts,  it is extremely frustrating. However, I also believe BeautyNumber2 is also correct in stating that the trolls make up only a margin of game play. I have ever been an advocate of making the game experience as realistically suspenseful as possible. The element of the unknown is probably the greatest of all fears. Trolls aside, I still like the game play as it stands with the items appearing on the map as advocate character dies. I look at it as 'they died so you have a chance to live' scenario.  That's just me and my opinion. All viewpoints matter. Game on, my friends

2 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Again, you're sounding butt hurt. It make kick the game in easy mode but it does deter trolls slightly. Friday the 13th the Game is more niche market than main stream. This game isn't Call of Duty, so mainstream appeal is out the window.

Again, you like making assumptions. I enjoy a good productive conversation. If you are looking for an argument, reddit is a good place from what I've heard.

For the record, I never opposed the marking items on the map. Take the time to read posts a bit more closely before making false accusations about players.

Also, consider working on your fan fiction, as that could be a good way for you to let off some steam. You sound like you could use the distraction.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Again, you like making assumptions. I enjoy a good productive conversation. If you are looking for an argument, reddit is a good place from what I've heard.

For the record, I never opposed the marking items on the map. Take the time to read posts a bit more closely before making false accusations about players.

Also, consider working on your fan fiction, as that could be a good way for you to let off some steam. You sound like you could use the distraction.

Arguments are more fun on YouTube, imo. From your posts, I'm interrupting your intention differently. Perhaps our we need to find a common channel for our communication frequencies? Can we agree that Game of Thrones Seasons 7 & 8 sucked?

Thank you for bringing that up. That's not me being snarky, apologies if it looks like that. Sadly, my roommate gave into her boyfriend's demands (she had the power play and gave in, you know like the Democrats in U.S. politics) and tossed me out. I'm aware my cellphone is a mini computer. However, typing 2,000+ words on my phone will make me pull a Budd Dwyer. 

• Confused 1