tyrant666

So when do lag switch/speed exploits get fixed?

I would think next to roof glitches and interaction locks that preventing people from lag switching might be a top priority.

Just watched a tiff literally play the lag switch game with a Jason all game long for 20 minutes, bragging about it being so easy and having 3 alt accounts to do it.

I would post the Steam ID but If I remember that's forbidden around here.

At what point does this actually become HIGH PRIORITY like the others in the previous patch?

@mattshotcha

tumblr_ovd5hj498Z1toamj8o1_640.gif

6 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not to sound like an idiot but what's lag switching?

What amounts to speed hacking in its own way basically.

Someone else could probably explain it a lot better or show a video (I wasn't recording the match), but basically the counselor starts warping on screen fast, making them pretty much almost impossible to catch without a lucky shift/grab. Its easy to see when its being done though.

6 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

What amounts to speed hacking in its own way basically.

Someone else could probably explain it a lot better or show a video (I wasn't recording the match), but basically the counselor starts warping on screen fast, making them pretty much almost impossible to catch without a lucky shift/grab. Its easy to see when its being done though.

In other words, more bullshit by cheating little twats that will stick videos of said cheating on YouTube and actually delude themselves into believing they're skilled players. Gotcha.

• Like 1

In other words, more bullshit by cheating little twats that will stick videos of said cheating on YouTube and actually delude themselves into believing they're skilled players. Gotcha.

What the Chad player is doing in this match basically...

A lag switch is a physical device or program used to modify your connection speed at will. If you’re killed by a Jason lag switching, you’ll teleport back to him with every hit, basically he slows you to a stop on his system while you’re still running away on your system. The Jason player will just lag his own game if your on dedicated servers, in theory they stop a lag switch from working. I don’t own or use one so my info is second hand. 

In the uncharted 4 game if you're lag switching or lagging too bad they kick you out of the match. I think the game gives you like 3 or 5 warnings (ethernet plug icon on your screen) then you'll be kicked out to the main menus.

Perhaps the devs should've implemented something like that too? I don't know.

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

In the uncharted 4 game if you're lag switching or lagging too bad they kick you out of the match. I think the game gives you like 3 or 5 warnings (ethernet plug icon on your screen) then you'll be kicked out to the main menus.

Perhaps the devs should've implemented something like that too? I don't know.

It does kick you if you lag too long. Like I said they're not lag switching. 

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Still cheating.

Yeah well, from what I understand it can't be patched out so it's probably a good thing that it's difficult enough that not everyone can do it. Also worth noting that they only disappear on your screen if your ping is higher than theirs is. And keep in mind you can't catch/knife/slash them til the end of the slide. 

42 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah well, from what I understand it can't be patched out so it's probably a good thing that it's difficult enough that not everyone can do it. Also worth noting that they only disappear on your screen if your ping is higher than theirs is. And keep in mind you can't catch/knife/slash them til the end of the slide. 

"Can't be patched out" and "Too unimportant to be patched out" are two very different things.

"Can't be patched out" and "Too unimportant to be patched out" are two very different things.

Well the reason it's there was due to other glitches that you don't want. And the last time they tried patching it they made it easier to do. Unless they completely scrap counselor combat mechanics, I'm pretty sure it's always going to be there.  

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Well the reason it's there was due to other glitches that you don't want. And the last time they tried patching it they made it easier to do. Unless they completely scrap counselor combat mechanics, I'm pretty sure it's always going to be there.  

The Devs are unable to fix one issue without causing others... why am I not surprised?

Just now, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The Devs are unable to fix one issue without causing others... why am I not surprised?

Lol it's definitely the lesser of the evils. It's overwhelming if the Jason doesn't know how to counter it but only a slight nuisance if he does. I killed a slider with nothing but throwing knives the other day. Followed by an immediate rage quit from that poor Chad. I love salt. 😏

I think you'll see less and less of these right now as our "banned for no reason" reports go up and up...

Still at work on more though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1