Do you think cramming more content in before the deadline would have made a difference?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think cramming more content in before the deadline would have made a difference?

• Yes - We would have had more content to enjoy right now, despite the bugs.
    • No - More potentially buggy content would have made the game much more of a disappointment.

We all know that no new content is happening. This is a very touchy topic for some, but one that's worth discussing nonetheless. Have at it everyone.

@Fair Play

This is so hard I have been thinking about it all day.....I have no idea what the game would look like right now if they had rushed to add new content it could very well be more buggy.....

but man do I wish they could have finished the other maps and Jason’s for the game and more kills.....

so I would say......yes to more content and suffer more bugs...if that was an option.

IMO 

They should have known the deadline was approaching and instead of the big push to get the engine upgrade out the door, they should have made a big push to get as much content as possible out the door.  Even paid DLC content.  Like kill packs for all Jason's, more costume packs.  That way we'd have much more to play, they'd make that much more money off the project and the old engine was fine.  

It would have been a win win for both sides.  

Of course there likely would have been more bugs, but we're all still playing with the bugs we have currently so what's the difference? 

• Like 2

Yes because there’s so much I wanted to add. I think every piece would have been one more tool for my mind to pick at and find new ways to use. I have lists of items, characters and new ways to use maps, there’s still so much more I would have liked to have contributed. 

SPC could have been coded to let us build scenarios of our own or to play out like a story, progressing through two or three maps at a time. I would have loved more editing tools to set my bot Counselors, set my vehicles, take my mask off, play as Tommy or any other character. Been able to interact through the use of emotes, expanded emotes to include dialog and even emotes that took more than one Counselor to preform. I would have had tutorials for both Jason and the Counselors that would have been mini games in them selves. 

If anyone’s interested I think I have threads for all these things. 

I would have tried to get a few guest killers too, Victory Crowley, Angela Baker, hell maybe even the Gill Man from the black lagoon, lol. I can see a down side to having more to work with. I know that they made the decisions that made sense for them but I can’t say I wouldn’t have dumped ever bit of man power into getting more things in. 

• Like 1

@OCT 31 1978, I ponder it all the time. What could this game had been if the other path was taken? What would the player base had been like at this point?

@SirMang, I don't think there would have been much of a difference. If we had more content, we would still have lost players.

@Slasher_Clone, I'd be more than happy to see more of the threads with your ideas. I've got a notebook overflowing with concepts for close to 30 potential slasher-based games.

• Like 2

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17192-more-interactable-thingies/?tab=comments#comment-220708

Here’s a thread I didn’t start but I moved a bunch of quotes from all over into it. At the time it was to try getting more conversations going and to keep track of it. Back then I only had a few hundred posts and it would have taken a day to go through them, I feel sorry for someone if they tried now. 😂 

There’s some really good stuff in there, ways to spend CP but it’s mostly items that would have been cool or added fun things. It ended up with a horrible title during a merge but ironically that makes it easy to remember. Tell me what you think if you get a chance to read it. 

It would've.

Pappus said it best in his conspiracy video.

Why not add more, then patch/work on it later...they would've been seen as 'heroes'.

The only thing I'd disagree with there is the term 'heroes'. The tide was already beginning to turn against the devs pretty much right after launch, some of the diehards who were following the game well before beta were starting to turn on them before that as you can see in old threads around back then. They would've been looked upon better though if they were able to dish out more content, then work on it later.

• Thanks 1

I would have liked to see the Grendel map, uber jason, and a few more counselors to try out. Given that there is no way to determine how the settlement is going to affect the future of this game, cram it in now and fix it later

• Like 1

More content. They can fix bugs later after the fact. I'm still mad that we never got Uber, Grendel, Pajama pack and a freakin skip cutscene button for single player challenges..

• Like 1