Jump to content
PARTVI

Does knife throwing even work anymore?

Recommended Posts

Idk...havent played in awhile , am on Xbox , but throwing knives as Jason sucks, it has been for few patches at least. I used to be good at it, but now it is buggy or the animation changed? Idk.  Looks like it doesnt even throw now? You aim and "throw" and i cant even tell if it threw or not. I dont even bother with them anymore tbh , not worth the frustration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were delayed with the engine upgrade patch, I think.  They serve more use for window hoppers and the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They definitely serve a purpose with the car as you can destroy the car with one (how waa this not addressed in the latest patch?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those knives may be laced with an explosive compound. That explains the reaction to the collision with a car. I'm surprised the same doesn't happen when one hits a counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They work on Steam but I have seen this one streamer on PS4 who I watch all the time, his throwing knives are pretty much useless as they don't work at least 50% or more of the time.He complains about it all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like everything else with the game. Experiences may vary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

They work on Steam but I have seen this one streamer on PS4 who I watch all the time, his throwing knives are pretty much useless as they don't work at least 50% or more of the time.He complains about it all the time.

That one streamer must suck then. I have no trouble with throwing knives on PS4. The reason people have trouble with throwing knives is because they're not consistent. 

Think of Jason's aim animation as a sliding scale. The counselors cross hairs are dead center in the screen. Jason's cross hairs start in the center of the screen and then slide to the left with the animation. So instead of this   +    it looks like this   +--------I---+  starting at where Jason's right shoulder is during normal animation and ending at his neck.  All you need to do to be accurate at quick toss is to hit the button the same way every time and find out where the aim point is on Jason's shoulder. Imagine the "I" line as the point where you naturally throw the knife (by hitting the button the same way every time) which then becomes the center of the cross hairs. Then figure out where that point is on Jason's shoulder and you'll rarely miss your target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it's not that at all I mean they are just plain not working at point blank range, video doesn't lie. Hollow Hunter is the guys YouTube name. At least I'm pretty sure he's playing on PS4. I watched as he threw one at someone as they got up from jumping through a window just didn't register and I knew it should have hit.It happened more than once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

No it's not that at all I mean they are just plain not working at point blank range, video doesn't lie. Hollow Hunter is the guys YouTube name. At least I'm pretty sure he's playing on PS4. I watched as he threw one at someone as they got up from jumping through a window just didn't register and I knew it should have hit.It happened more than once.

It may be sticking in his Jason models hand, it happens if you turn or press the button more than once I believe. I’ve never tested but it seems to happen if you’re frantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

No it's not that at all I mean they are just plain not working at point blank range, video doesn't lie. Hollow Hunter is the guys YouTube name. At least I'm pretty sure he's playing on PS4. I watched as he threw one at someone as they got up from jumping through a window just didn't register and I knew it should have hit.It happened more than once.

link me a video when he's Jason and he can't hit anything with a throwing knife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Idk...havent played in awhile , am on Xbox , but throwing knives as Jason sucks, it has been for few patches at least. I used to be good at it, but now it is buggy or the animation changed? Idk.  Looks like it doesnt even throw now? You aim and "throw" and i cant even tell if it threw or not. I dont even bother with them anymore tbh , not worth the frustration. 

I just killed two people by throwing knives yesterday, I am on PC though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

link me a video when he's Jason and he can't hit anything with a throwing knife

I'll have to send it to you in a private message.Be warned  he's totally off the wall toxic uses foul language and stuff but I just get a kick out of listening to him rant and rave for some reason.I'll have to go through his videos to find the best examples of it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'll have to send it to you in a private message.Be warned  he's totally off the wall toxic uses foul language and stuff but I just get a kick out of listening to him rant and rave for some reason.I'll have to go through his videos to find the best examples of it happening.

That's fine. I like toxic and foul language. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knives still serve a purpose. They are just not a 100% accurate. Some games I'm dead on and can't miss. Others I can't hit shit. My favorite use is at the window inside a cabin. Many times a counselor will stand by a window when you are breaking down door and then let you start running in after them a bit before they go to climb out. I hit them with a quick knife throw and they end up back on inside stuck in an animation for a sec giving me time to get over to them for an easy grab kill. 😀

Also when on outside, knife them before they get in a window. After they are bound to leap through the window knowing you are close. This leaves them stuck in a standing up animation and enough time for your knife throw to regen and hit them with another. As long as they don't have thick skin they will now be in a limping state. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

@TimDuke 01 ok so in that video both the throwing knives glitched to his hand. I think @Slasher_Clone explanation was spot on. That guy needs to work on his knife throwing skills. And honestly the devs should probably fix that. It is a little glitchy.

 

Is that just a ps4 thing? I don't think i've ever had an issue with knife throw glitching on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Is that just a ps4 thing? I don't think i've ever had an issue with knife throw glitching on PC.

Honestly I'm not sure. I quick toss my throwing knives. Never have a problem that way. The only time I take my time to aim is when I'm waiting for the window hop animation to end. But I don't have that problem then either. Must either be from turning when you throw the knife or spamming throw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my good games with knife throwing and have my bad games with knife throwing. 

I always quick toss my knives as well.  

It does sometime seem hit or miss, as I tend to use them mostly when someone is climbing into or out of a window and I want to interrupt that animation.  Sometimes they hit, sometimes they completely miss, sometimes they break the window. 

I chalk that up to how well I'm playing my knife game and not any wonkiness though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 4:30 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

They work on Steam but I have seen this one streamer on PS4 who I watch all the time, his throwing knives are pretty much useless as they don't work at least 50% or more of the time.He complains about it all the time.

I agree, they work only half the time on PS4 ....  buggy and inconsistent just like the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drop rate of the knives is REAL bad. If a counselor is over 10 yards away, the knife plummets to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...