Malfeitorr

Jason faces away to avoid being killed

I had a Jason who was in rage mode block the entrance to his cabin to get out.  Tommy and a sweater girl were inside and he walked inside and turned around and blocked the door.  Couldn't do anything.

Another Jason walked in his cabin and faced the wall.  Couldn't kill him

Seems like cheap but effective tactics.

Maybe if Jason faced you when you pop the sweater it would fix it

here I blocked sweater girl inside my shack. If I catch her in my hut then that’s their fault for not getting out quick enough. When u grab the sweater you get in and then get the f outta dodge. If sweater girl is still there when I show up you better believe they’ll get body blocked in there. That’s the players fault for not getting out quick enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its a legal tactic.

He still has to attack since the timer is not on his side, even in rage mode.

Dodge his knives, wait for a shift grab, then run out.

Though if he's smart, he'll shift into the shrine and wait for the counselor to commit to a direction then go for a grab. Or he would shift into the wall and wait for a commit.

Staying inside is a bad idea regardless.

26 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Be careful blocking the doorway like that. Jason falls forward to his knees and sometimes Jarvis can get the kill without being in front of Jason. Obviously these two didn't know any better but I would have tried it anyway. 

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Be careful blocking the doorway like that. Jason falls forward to his knees and sometimes Jarvis can get the kill without being in front of Jason. Obviously these two didn't know any better but I would have tried it anyway. 

I wonder if they can still get the kill if Jason turns sideways inside the doorway? He can't really fall to his knees, but knowing the devs who made this game, he'd probably just clip through the wall.

Little off-topic, but there has been exactly 1 time where I let counselors get the kill. I usually let everyone escape if I'm Jason twice in a row, and this happened on one of those "everyone can leave" rounds. I dumped all the traps in the shack doorway, made a bathroom run, and came back to discover three of them in front of the shack trying to decide if they wanted to wade through the minefield or not. They started tanking the traps, so I body blocked the doorway in combat stance and held block. Their weapons broke, so they left and came back a minute later with Tommy and shotguns. Mask comes off but they still can't get in. More weapons break, they leave and come back with more. This time I moved out of the door way and after a moment of hesitation, they ran inside to get the sweater. As soon as they come back outside where I'm waiting, I teleport to the lake and laugh my ass off at them through PM's.

I did end up letting them get it though. I felt they kinda deserved it after all the trouble they went through.

Tommy can glitch through some walls and still get the kill also so not even  walls are  100% safe.

If you're going into the shack with the intent to kill Jason,  then the smart play is to leave Tommy outside guarding the door and holding jason until sweater girl comes out, preferably with his mask off. Otherwise without team mates to help, grabbing the sweater and axe and running like hell is always the best option. But every jason I've ever played against when faced with tommy, sweater girl, and no mask has always shifted away and circled to look for an opening but we try to keep him in the open

Facing cabins, trees, the shack is not the viable strategy some people think it is.

Most of the time, the kneeling animation is going to put Jason's big ole head through whatever object you're using to hide.

Which just means Tommy has to run around and get the easy kill anyway.  And sometimes the game will just give the prompt if you're on the side of Jason anyway. 

I've seen Jason's killed hiding through trees, cabins and the shack itself. 

7 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

If you're going into the shack with the intent to kill Jason,  then the smart play is to leave Tommy outside guarding the door and holding jason until sweater girl comes out, preferably with his mask off. Otherwise without team mates to help, grabbing the sweater and axe and running like hell is always the best option. But every jason I've ever played against when faced with tommy, sweater girl, and no mask has always shifted away and circled to look for an opening but we try to keep him in the open

No. If you're playing to kill Jason Tommy and sweater shouldn't be more than a few feet apart. Ever.

15 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

No. If you're playing to kill Jason Tommy and sweater shouldn't be more than a few feet apart. Ever.

Generally, I agree with you.