Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Duplicate objects,boats tractors "New" content?

On 5/12/2019 at 7:59 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Many people are questioning on many discussion boards i.e. Steam,Facebook . How can they add items to the maps and it is NOT "New" content? They clearly said when the end of content was announced that they couldn't even add a ROCK and it would be "NEW" content. They are giving a previous example when the Rage buff happened they added text to the game warning you about the rage and added the flashing Jason mask on the mini map. I know these items exist in the game,HOWEVER it is still to many adding content when they said the couldn't add ANYTHING period.  People are  wanting a explanation and feel Gun has been lying to us about not being able to add content. I'm assuming it's a grey area about adding /duplicating existing items and it's not "technically" new. Some clarification DOES need to happen.

The truth is Gun has long moved on from this game, the lawsuit was a perfect opportunity to get out, they will say anything to not just flat out say that they don’t want to work on this game anymore, they aren’t going to change anything that doesn’t take the most minimal effort, of course they could add a rock, but saying that just sounded good to them at the time.

I can say one thing for sure, I could give a crap about them working on layers of fear , if they are smart they would work on an all new game that they create.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, SDA said:

So how about when the rage mask starts flashing? Like it always had bef-. 

Wait, no- that was NEW CONTENT.  (And no, if we're going to chalk up an available brand new visual as "balance changes", you could do thousands of things under that guise to better the game, but only added a flasher, so, no, it's new content.)

I think at the very least, some hinky stuff is (not) happening. If not, dupe the cars and phone boxes, and move them around some, so the game can have variety within the parameters they've defined... and gone beyond at their leisure.

That would take more work than they want to commit to, if they won’t even speed up Jason’s slow pathetic grab when they know it’s garbage, why would they do anything  else?

On 5/12/2019 at 1:53 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well, if you won’t bother to educate yourself in the situation by watching their Beyond streams.......

you shouldn’t post about things you have absolutely no idea about how they work...

sorry if that was too smug for you but when you are an ass that’s what you are asking for.

They can barrow content from any portion of their game it’s their code to work with....unfortunately the items used will still be bound to Balancing/ bug fixes or addressing aesthetic issues .....using it any other way would no longer fall under the grey area.... and require Horror Inc / Victor Millers Approval.

The mask Flashing is a notify indicator in private matches that lets you know Who is Jason.... it was reconfigured to notify  players in the Multiplayer portion of the game when Jason gets Rage....

same concept = grey area 

the Tractor falls under balancing because players would drive the car to the entrance and block themselves in stopping Jason from Interacting with them....

balance = grey area 

You need to stop making excuses for them, when you fully know that they contradict themselves and make things up as they go, they are well aware that a good chunk of the players left are little kids who aren’t old enough to have an opinion 

42 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

You need to stop making excuses for them, when you fully know that they contradict themselves and make things up as they go, they are well aware that a good chunk of the players left are little kids who aren’t old enough to have an opinion 

Actually, you need to stop double/ triple  posting....

if you are upset and bitter with the way the game has played out that’s fine that’s how you feel.... no one can change that except you.

I would however suggest you vent in a more constructive way that may actually accomplish something.......

or move on....

I am a backer of this game day one on kickstarter/ slasher backer ... I won’t quit on the game ever......

its a Dream project I never imagined would see the light of day except for in my own head but here it is..... and guess what it’s still playable and fun.

So I will continue supporting it and continue to post actual facts about what is and isn’t going on......as far as I can see and know about.... so Sorry not Sorry...

It wasn’t about defending them by the way it was about... Commonsense.... everything that’s been done to the game recently doesn’t change the core game or add new content.. that would require approval from the License holders.

#Facts.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

move on....

So many people just need to do this... lol. 

• Haha 1

I'm sorry I kind of opened a can of worms by starting this topic now. I was simply trying to get some clarification so I can tell all the people on the other discussion boards(which I belong to many) what the scoop is. I get tired of reading "the Devs are lying or lazy" "They used the law dispute as an excuse to "abandon" the game." "The law  dispute didn't affect them they could create content of they wanted to."  I read this crap on a constant basis.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Actually, you need to stop double/ triple  posting....

if you are upset and bitter with the way the game has played out that’s fine that’s how you feel.... no one can change that except you.

I would however suggest you vent in a more constructive way that may actually accomplish something.......

or move on....

I am a backer of this game day one on kickstarter/ slasher backer ... I won’t quit on the game ever......

its a Dream project I never imagined would see the light of day except for in my own head but here it is..... and guess what it’s still playable and fun.

So I will continue supporting it and continue to post actual facts about what is and isn’t going on......as far as I can see and know about.... so Sorry not Sorry...

It wasn’t about defending them by the way it was about... Commonsense.... everything that’s been done to the game recently doesn’t change the core game or add new content.. that would require approval from the License holders.

#Facts.

I was a  kickstart backer when it was sleepover camp, but I don’t give blind devotion, so keep on making excuses for them, don’t call them out on their crappy patches that break more than they fix, pathetic gameplay , bug riddled garbage, shit servers, etc..... yea sure. Bravo Gun

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm sorry I kind of opened a can of worms by starting this topic now. I was simply trying to get some clarification so I can tell all the people on the other discussion boards(which I belong to many) what the scoop is. I get tired of reading "the Devs are lying or lazy" "They used the law dispute as an excuse to "abandon" the game." "The law  dispute didn't affect them they could create content of they wanted to."  I read this crap on a constant basis.

Um ...  everything you are reading is true, how about that last patch.... is that dedication? They don’t even test their patches.... is that not laziness?

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I was a  kickstart backer when it was sleepover camp, but I don’t give blind devotion, so keep on making excuses for them, don’t call them out on their crappy patches that break more than they fix, pathetic gameplay , bug riddled garbage, shit servers, etc..... yea sure. Bravo Gun

It never was sleepover camp .....it was Summer Camp....but ok.

And pointing out the Fact that others are wrong about what they post or conclusions they come up with, without doing some simple research is not blind devotion....it’s Common sense....

... the patches have problems yes,  this one is not the first it probably won’t be the last...

The team is continuing to work on them, and keeping us in the loop about it so that’s a good thing as far as I am concerned, as long as the game is fun and playable I will keep on rolling with it.

But like I said be bitter that’s you.... you do you it’s fine you aren’t the only one spouting out the same bitterness....if that’s  the crowd your in have at it.

I just don’t think that’s productive at all.

At the end of the day if it’s that unbearable “ pathetic, bug ridden garbage..” stop playing it and move on man!!

if you think trash talking the game is going to help make the game any better you are dreaming...

This is not a AAA developer with hundreds of team members working on it.... there are limitations here....( duh Kickstarter funded game.)but I wouldn’t want to blindly provide any facts that might explain why we are where we are with the game.

so I guess Bravo for being one of those that points out all those things that make the game unbearable for you ......

if it was so easy to fix or develop these Games there would be thousands of games out there just like this one ( but better right ??) that we could be playing instead.

• Like 1

Whatever.... Summer camp ..... sleep away camp does it make a difference?  fact is I backed it got the stupid emails late and also had my physical copy in my hand months after people could just walk into game stop and buy it at a cheaper price than I paid, I got a lousy “limited edition” sticker that cost 5 cents.

Gun has shit the bed since the very 1st day, you know it, I know it , everyone knows it, how about this latest “patch” LOL!!!!!! What a joke, aside from moving a tractor I’m not sure what else was done, besides create more bugs, take all environmental kills away(at least in every house ) it’s a joke and everyone including yourself knows it.

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

Whatever.... Summer camp ..... sleep away camp does it make a difference?  fact is I backed it got the stupid emails late and also had my physical copy in my hand months after people could just walk into game stop and buy it at a cheaper price than I paid, I got a lousy “limited edition” sticker that cost 5 cents.

Gun has shit the bed since the very 1st day, you know it, I know it , everyone knows it, how about this latest “patch” LOL!!!!!! What a joke, aside from moving a tractor I’m not sure what else was done, besides create more bugs, take all environmental kills away(at least in every house ) it’s a joke and everyone including yourself knows it.

Listen, I get it you are pissed with the lack of fixes for this game it’s understandable...they have said the patch is not working as intended Matt said he would have more info for us tomorrow... all we can do is be patient at this point....

if your patience has already run it’s course I totally understand man.... you are entitled to how you feel about it....maybe the best thing is to step away from it for a bit play something else but keep your ear to the ground around here to see when or if things are in a better place.....cheers 🍻 

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

No worries Tim, we go through this regularly. If it wasn’t this thread it would be the next one. 

11 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

No worries Tim, we go through this regularly. If it wasn’t this thread it would be the next one. 

What ?! You mean I have got to go through this again in someone else’s thread!

That’s it Blind Devotion Powers Activated !!!!! 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

What ?! You mean I have got to go through this again in someone else’s thread!

That’s it Blind Devotion Powers Activated !!!!! 😉

🤣 🤣 😂, you kill me. 

@OCT 31 1978, have you noticed Matt telling people during the Beyond streams to bring up there concerns here, makes me laugh. You know why he sending them here. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

🤣 🤣 😂, you kill me. 

@OCT 31 1978, have you noticed Matt telling people during the Beyond streams to bring up there concerns here, makes me laugh. You know why he sending them here. 

I sure have, apparently we are damage control central...lol

• Thanks 1

They bailed on this game a LONG time ago...way before the lawsuit , thats why the chose to do the crappy engine upgrade instead of cramming in new content when they still could. They can make a generic summer camp map this very moment if they wanted with existing assets ...to keep the game fresh at least, but nope

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PARTVI said:

They bailed on this game a LONG time ago...way before the lawsuit , thats why the chose to do the crappy engine upgrade instead of cramming in new content when they still could. They can make a generic summer camp map this very moment if they wanted with existing assets ...to keep the game fresh at least, but nope

That’s your opinion...... their is a lot of information out there that would dispute that claim.... but ask your self with all the gamers still playing this game if they could continue to make money by providing more content and DLC why would they not... the truth is they can’t....

As for the map suggestion they would still need approval from the licensed holders even with a generic map because it’s a derivative work from the F13 cannon....

And even a Generic Summer Camp Map using existing assets....would require  adding a new map foundation which would need new coding and rigging involved to make sure characters don’t fall through holes in the map and interact correctly with all the assets applied to it.... 

so unfortunately that would be new content and you know what that means.....

”The more you Know.”

On 5/12/2019 at 10:24 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

”the more you know...”

NBC's old school slogan. I'm glad someone else remembers it.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

It is a issue because people are feeling like they are being "lied" to when in actuality they probably aren't. Wes or Matt need to "clear" the air about this subject because it does "seem" they are contradicting themselves in a way. You see what I mean?  You and I may understand what is going on but most people don't.

Many things in life lead people to feeling "lied to". Someone along the way, the wording of the no new content situation was misunderstood. Perhaps it needs to be said in a way that everyone will finally understand. There will likely be a handful of people that even if you simplify it for them, they still won't get it.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:30 PM, NytmereZ said:

There is also a good chunk of the player base that are adults and do have and express their respective opinions. Some people do it in much better taste than others.

Some people will lose their cool and get upset. Those players will either quit, or keep complaining and continue to be disappointed. Others will tough it out and see what happens next, because they love this game, and realize the game isn't quite done yet.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

#Facts.

That's one hashtag that needs to pop up more. I also suggest the following:

#CommonSense, #SupportCrystalLake, #KeepThePeace

22 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm sorry I kind of opened a can of worms by starting this topic now.

Never ever apologize for posting a topic that gives the people a chance to have a good open debate or conversation. Sometimes it's rough, but it you didn't do it, someone else would have.

22 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It never was sleepover camp .....it was Summer Camp....but ok

Sleepover Camp would have had pillow fights and s'mores.

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I sure have, apparently we are damage control central...lol

Someone's gotta do it. Keep up the good work. 😎

40 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

While more content would have been great, cramming it in to beat the clock would have made things worse than they are now. Imagine how upset people would be if they had more content that was broken or buggy? No matter what you could have put in this game, bugs potentially would have surfaced, and people would still have been upset. It would seem no matter what could have or should have been done, certain people would never be satisfied.

If the developers "bailed" on this game, why are we still getting fixes? Sure the fixes aren't perfect, but give them time to get a hotfix out for it.

• Like 1

@Fair Play

I love a good old fashioned Pillow fight !!😜....

Great post Buddy we missed your words of wisdom this weekend!! Thanks for the level headed perspective as usual!

I definitely agree with the hashtags that are missing around hear lately.

.....I am beginning to think I might have to end all my posts with a.....”The more you Know...”  I loved those messages!!

lol

@OCT 31 1978, it's nice to know I was missed. I enjoy posting word of wisdom, encouragement and humor whenever possible.

NBC  was the channel to watch back in the day. I loved Saved by the Bell.

• Like 1