Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Duplicate objects,boats tractors "New" content?

Many people are questioning on many discussion boards i.e. Steam,Facebook . How can they add items to the maps and it is NOT "New" content? They clearly said when the end of content was announced that they couldn't even add a ROCK and it would be "NEW" content. They are giving a previous example when the Rage buff happened they added text to the game warning you about the rage and added the flashing Jason mask on the mini map. I know these items exist in the game,HOWEVER it is still to many adding content when they said the couldn't add ANYTHING period.  People are  wanting a explanation and feel Gun has been lying to us about not being able to add content. I'm assuming it's a grey area about adding /duplicating existing items and it's not "technically" new. Some clarification DOES need to happen.

• Like 1

@TimDuke 01

Your assumption is correct Using existing content falls within the grey area that the developers can work within.

at this point I don’t see how this is an issue for anyone...... until they actually add something that has never been in any released version of the game No harm no foul.....

why would they lie if they could still potentially make more money from the game by releasing new content..... the truth is they can’t and have been more than upfront about it.

”the more you know...”

• Thanks 1

It is a issue because people are feeling like they are being "lied" to when in actuality they probably aren't. Wes or Matt need to "clear" the air about this subject because it does "seem" they are contradicting themselves in a way. You see what I mean?  You and I may understand what is going on but most people don't.

4 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It is a issue because people are feeling like they are being "lied" to when in actuality they probably aren't. Wes or Matt need to "clear" the air about this subject because it does "seem" they are contradicting themselves in a way. You see what I mean?  You and I may understand what is going on but most people don't.

It has been completely and very clearly communicated to the fan base by @wesand  @mattshotcha

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well you know how people get and they don't do any research.LOL

True.

People will come to their own conclusions with almost any issue, the information is out there for people willing to look.

we can’t expect the developers to start putting out radio, television commercials or ads vocalizing an already extremely over communicated issue with the game....

No “NEW” content = images /items/ characters added to the game  that have never been in any version of the game released officially to the public.

existing content = grey workable area that can and will be continued to be worked on whether it’s bug fixes, balance changes or Aesthetics.

Edited by OCT 31 1978
Because Slasher is right !
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No “NEW” content = images /items/ characters added to the game  that have never been in any version of the game released officially to the public.

existing content = grey workable area that can and will be continued to be worked on whether it’s bug fixes or balances or Aesthetics.

This plus their allowed to make balance changes ie. Rage, and the added text. Wouldn’t be fair to balance and not tell anyone.

• Thanks 1

So how about when the rage mask starts flashing? Like it always had bef-. 

Wait, no- that was NEW CONTENT.  (And no, if we're going to chalk up an available brand new visual as "balance changes", you could do thousands of things under that guise to better the game, but only added a flasher, so, no, it's new content.)

I think at the very least, some hinky stuff is (not) happening. If not, dupe the cars and phone boxes, and move them around some, so the game can have variety within the parameters they've defined... and gone beyond at their leisure.

28 minutes ago, SDA said:

So how about when the rage mask starts flashing? Like it always had bef-. 

Wait, no- that was NEW CONTENT.  (And no, if we're going to chalk up an available brand new visual as "balance changes", you could do thousands of things under that guise to better the game, but only added a flasher, so, no, it's new content.)

No it isn’t the mask existed in game as both white and red, it was borrowed from the PM lobby. It flashing is irrelevant, it’s merely a state change.

I think at the very least, some hinky stuff is (not) happening. If not, dupe the cars and phone boxes, and move them around some, so the game can have variety within the parameters they've defined... and gone beyond at their leisure.

If you bothered to watch the Beyond episodes you’d know moving things has come up, it’s all lower priority than bug fixes, at least that’s how it appears. I’ve never seen the list myself. There’s a suggestion section in the forum, and it been brought up there too, maybe go make some. You might get further if you’re not being so ‘I’ve been lied too’ and tried some manners. 

“It is better to keep your mouth shut, and leave them wondering if you’re an idiot, then to open it and confirm it for them.” Somebody said at some point. 😉

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If you bothered to watch the Beyond episodes you’d know moving things has come up, it’s all lower priority than bug fixes, at least that’s how it appears. I’ve never seen the list myself. There’s a suggestion section in the forum, and it been brought up there too, maybe go make some. You might get further if you’re not being so ‘I’ve been lied too’ and tried some manners. 

“It is better to keep your mouth shut, and leave them wondering if you’re an idiot, then to open it and confirm it for them.” Somebody said at some point. 😉

Does anyone say that about being a smug dickbag? 

Well, they just did. ;)

Them borrowing something from a private match lobby to reconfigure into a game play element makes something like, say borrowing Jason from the VC seem feasible. Not gonna give their web series clicks to be sure, though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SDA said:

Does anyone say that about being a smug dickbag? 

Well, they just did. ;)

Them borrowing something from a private match lobby to reconfigure into a game play element makes something like, say borrowing Jason from the VC seem feasible. Not gonna give their web series clicks to be sure, though.

Well, if you won’t bother to educate yourself in the situation by watching their Beyond streams.......

you shouldn’t post about things you have absolutely no idea about how they work...

sorry if that was too smug for you but when you are an ass that’s what you are asking for.

They can barrow content from any portion of their game it’s their code to work with....unfortunately the items used will still be bound to Balancing/ bug fixes or addressing aesthetic issues .....using it any other way would no longer fall under the grey area.... and require Horror Inc / Victor Millers Approval.

The mask Flashing is a notify indicator in private matches that lets you know Who is Jason.... it was reconfigured to notify  players in the Multiplayer portion of the game when Jason gets Rage....

same concept = grey area 

the Tractor falls under balancing because players would drive the car to the entrance and block themselves in stopping Jason from Interacting with them....

balance = grey area 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

They can barrow content from any portion of their game it’s their code to work with....unfortunately the items used will still be bound to Balancing/ bug fixes or addressing aesthetic issues .....using it any other way would no longer fall under the grey area.... and require Horror Inc / Victor Millers Approval.

The mask Flashing is a notify indicator in private matches that lets you know Who is Jason.... it was reconfigured to notify  players in the Multiplayer portion of the game when Jason gets Rage....

same concept = grey area 

the Tractor falls under balancing because players would drive the car to the entrance and block themselves in stopping Jason from Interacting with them....

balance = grey area 

This feels like they could say, "we didn't like the balance of the game, so we (made it so you can ride the "decorative" bike on top of Packanack/let me use car keys as an emergency pocket knife/gave Jason infinite traps) because those things already exist, and they helped tune balance/help quality; which, per your helpful assertions= gray area.

The tractor is a necessary adjustment to exploitive game play. Reasonable. But the rage indicator? Ehh, i remember no one saying, "this is so much tougher because we don't know when Jason is in Rage, that needs adjusted". So... that sounds like, if they really wanted to, they could do an abundance of things, and say it served to balance.

Instead, there's a (new! but moved!) glitched canoe on Higgins. 

16 minutes ago, SDA said:

This feels like they could say, "we didn't like the balance of the game, so we (made it so you can ride the "decorative" bike on top of Packanack/let me use car keys as an emergency pocket knife/gave Jason infinite traps) because those things already exist, and they helped tune balance/help quality.

The tractor is a necessary adjustment to exploitive game play. Reasonable. But the rage indicator? Ehh, i remember no one saying, "this is so much tougher because we don't know when Jason is in Rage, that needs adjusted". So... that sounds like, if they really wanted to, they could do an abundance of things, and say it served to balance.

Instead, there's a (new! but moved!) glitched canoe on Higgins. 

Yes, there is a lot of stuff they could do that would fall under the balance/ bug fixing and that is a good thing. 

I’d rather them work on and move things around or put pre-existing items in places to stop ridiculous gameplay issues.

Actually there’s a Ton of people that say that this game is so much harder now that Jason has Rage the way it is now ....can you imagine if the indicator wasn’t there???

As for shenanigans at the top of your post.....being able to ride a bike would require new coding rigging and animation hence new content....and needing approval.... The rest of that was just nonsense.

I'll just point out that you specifically addressed the bike one- which, accurate... then dismissed as nonsense the one that would use an existing animation and just change the use of an item in the same existing inventory for "balance purposes", while validating the reasoning behind taking an item that existed only in the pre-match menu of a small percentage of matches and re-jiggering into an in-game element, for "balance purposes". 

Lol, K.

15 minutes ago, SDA said:

I'll just point out that you specifically addressed the bike one- which, accurate... then dismissed as nonsense the one that would use an existing animation and just change the use of an item in the same existing inventory for "balance purposes", while validating the reasoning behind taking an item that existed only in the pre-match menu of a small percentage of matches and re-jiggering into an in-game element, for "balance purposes". 

Lol, K.

Yeah, you’re right all of what you said was nonsense.

I shouldn’t have addressed any of it.

lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yeah, you’re right all of what you said was nonsense.

I shouldn’t have addressed any of it.

lol

Couldn’t agree more, lol. 

• Thanks 1

Since it seems they can add existing content I don't see why they can't add some of the single player kills/maps to MP. Though maybe it's more complicated than that.

5 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

Since it seems they can add existing content I don't see why they can't add some of the single player kills/maps to MP. Though maybe it's more complicated than that.

Actually @Slasher_Clone Suggested this idea not to long ago and it’s an awesome idea !

@mattshotcha was checking with the team if any of these things were possible....

Matt any word on if some of the kills or maps could be incorporated to the multiplayer portion of the game ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

Great minds or fools man, I guess we’re one or the other, lol. 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Matt any word on if some of the kills or maps could be incorporated to the multiplayer portion of the game ?

Thanks for remembering, Oct. I’ve been meaning to ask him but was giving him time, seeing as the patch has dropped, now is probably good a time as any. 

I understand how it doesn’t count as “new” content. My question is that why can’t this loophole be used to add new maps, etc??? If they just take existing trees, cabins, rocks, etc. Why can’t they make more content using existing assets???

• Thanks 1

The one thing you guys are forgetting is that they no longer have anyone on payroll for further development features. Just bug fixing(they kind of have walked back on the perk rework that was talked about not too long ago already). That's why even if the lawsuit ends and they are given green light for new content we will not get any, because they have no one there to fulfill this need, and aren't going to put more money into it at this point. Sucks but its reality..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The one thing you guys are forgetting is that they no longer have anyone on payroll for further development features. Just bug fixing(they kind of have walked back on the perk rework that was talked about not too long ago already). That's why even if the lawsuit ends and they are given green light for new content we will not get any, because they have no one there to fulfill this need, and aren't going to put more money into it at this point. Sucks but its reality..

Which makes it look even more like they were just looking for the first chance to abandon this game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for remembering, Oct. I’ve been meaning to ask him but was giving him time, seeing as the patch has dropped, now is probably good a time as any. 

Np Slasher!

Hopefully we get some info from up above about this and some of our patch issues.

It's just weird that they stated they couldn't add a rock because that would be new content....yet they added a tractor to Pinehurst and that was fine.

Sure the tractor is just an existing asset that was copied and then coded in, but a rock could be the same thing. 

That comment, from Wes I believe, comes across as kind of hypocritical now.

And no, I am not saying anything about Uber or Grendel, as those are obvious new content and cannot be added...just addressing the can't add a rock but can add a tractor situation.