38 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

They are doing the best they can. I feel your disappointment, and wish I didn't have to say it's normal, I’d like to add a bit more and hope you’ll see it as friendly advice. You should know that this disappointment has a way of poisoning the community, it comes through in the posts of the people who let their disappointment get the better of them. It hurts our chances of being listen to or taken seriously. It’s also the thing that’s lead to the most members being done with this place.

I like you, you’re one of the only ones out of your group of new members who stuck and I think your optimism isn’t misplaced, maybe mismanaged, It’s lead you to start a bunch of wonderful threads and helped keep this place interesting, so don’t let it go. This is still the game you love and they’re still the pubs who gave it to us. Just manage the disappointment by remembering they’re not perfect and the team is so small they don’t have the hands to test it, the cheaters do. It only takes one missed angle, a single one of them figuring it out and a video to spread it like wild fire.

I’m disappointed too but not just that this patch isn’t working as intended, that the community is so fragile at this point that people aren’t even willing to try it. I’ve enjoyed my matches so far and other than a fireplace that blinded me, I’ve had good matches, with good players. 

Jesus, below is what I’m talking about.

Well this could have been phrased a whole lot better, I mean if you actually want them to listen that is?

Edit - @makred78, you know what after reading the other thread, this isn’t that bad. At least it’s an honest opinion, stated plainly and not insulting. So you have my apology, sorry.

I do take it as friendly advice. I’m sorry if my disappointment has poisoned the community. I’m not trying to do that at all. It’s just really irritating that cheaters in this game are never going to have their tools taken away from them and it feels like it’s going to be forever they’re standing on top of a roof not playing the game right. I will try to express my disappointments and concerns In a nicer way next time. I like you slasher, you’re a great guy and thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

21 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I do take it as friendly advice. I’m sorry if my disappointment has poisoned the community. I’m not trying to do that at all. It’s just really irritating that cheaters in this game are never going to have their tools taken away from them and it feels like it’s going to be forever they’re standing on top of a roof not playing the game right. I will try to express my disappointments and concerns In a nicer way next time. I like you slasher, you’re a great guy and thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

You’re good man, you just haven’t been through it yet. It used to be a joke that some members would be sent on vacation before a patch dropped, when we were a more a mob than a community. The good old days, or something. I was sent on vacation before a patch for expressing myself rather vocally. I don’t think it happens now that we’re more ‘behaved’, but I’d hate to have to explain it to you after a week ban or something, I doubt it would make you feel like a real member, which at the time, it did for me as it meant something I didn’t quite understand to the other members of the forums. Now I see it as a compliment, and thank you, I try.

22 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re good man, you just haven’t been through it yet. It used to be a joke that some members would be sent on vacation before a patch dropped, when we were a more a mob than a community. The good old days, or something. I was sent on vacation before a patch for expressing myself rather vocally. I don’t think it happens now that we’re more ‘behaved’, but I’d hate to have to explain it to you after a week ban or something, I doubt it would make you feel like a real member, which at the time, it did for me as it meant something I didn’t quite understand to the other members of the forums. Now I see it as a compliment, and thank you, I try.

I’m confused?

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’m confused?

You’re not poisoning the community is what I mean. (It’s more a thing that builds over time.)

The other part doesn’t make much sense without context I guess. Your posts matter, even though you’re relatively new. Others who read the forum regularly, relate to the things you say and your attitude. In the old days, I’m fairly sure you would have joined me on vacation (week long ban) around patch time. Mostly because of how dissatisfied you are currently. I’m not saying there’s some list of members who they keep an eye on and that being vocal gets you put there but I’d have one if I was them so...

Edit - did that clear up what I meant?, I’m tire and I probably didn’t explain it well but you weren’t treated like a member till they banned you before, one of the reasons they think we were toxic, I guess. 

There’s nothing WRONG with this patch. But everything that was causing problems prior to this patch is still there... That’s what’s wrong. 

Please stop.  Just stop patching the game.  Just let the game exist as it is right now.

Stop patching it, it's obvious the devs have no idea what the root cause of the roof/car/etc glitches are.

Every time a patch comes out - the huge glitches remain and you introduce new bugs.

Just stop while the game is still somewhat playable.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Please stop.  Just stop patching the game.  Just let the game exist as it is right now.

Stop patching it, it's obvious the devs have no idea what the root cause of the roof/car/etc glitches are.

Every time a patch comes out - the huge glitches remain and you introduce new bugs.

Just stop while the game is still somewhat playable.

They probably fixed one way to get on the roof. Problem is there's more than one way. 

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re not poisoning the community is what I mean. (It’s more a thing that builds over time.)

The other part doesn’t make much sense without context I guess. Your posts matter, even though you’re relatively new. Others who read the forum regularly, relate to the things you say and your attitude. In the old days, I’m fairly sure you would have joined me on vacation (week long ban) around patch time. Mostly because of how dissatisfied you are currently. I’m not saying there’s some list of members who they keep an eye on and that being vocal gets you put there but I’d have one if I was them so...

Edit - did that clear up what I meant?, I’m tire and I probably didn’t explain it well but you weren’t treated like a member till they banned you before, one of the reasons they think we were toxic, I guess. 

I think I understand where you’re coming from. 

When did I get banned? I’m confused about that lol 

it’s difficult keeping ur cool completely when gun makes all of these claims this and that will be patched and then the patch releases and nothing is fixed. And the next patch probably won’t come out for another 4 months. I would just like to see them come through and fix the game.

This is the 50/50 spot where we hear from the right away or they disappear for another couple weeks before we hear from them again.

The Nintendo Switch users are in for a big surprise.

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

When did I get banned? I’m confused about that lol

You posts in the other thread just reminded me of my posts that got me banned. It doesn’t hurt that you have had the Silver on the leaderboards for a while now. You’re respected and it matters if you lose confidence.

What I meant about the ban was, it would be harder to explain after the fact, if you were sent on vacation Not that you would be or have been. Just the way it used to be, not sure what it would be now as the forums are a different place and much small than before. It was almost a respect thing in the old days though, if you got sent away it meant they read your post or you motivated other people to post in the same way. 

43 minutes ago, bestcounselor said:

Saw several times how Jason couldn't perform environmental kill after the new patch, that's bad...

Yes, it seems related mostly to the newly placed environmental kills.  However, the coat hook kill doesn't seem to be working now either 

4 hours ago, Rabid-child said:

Interaction glitch when getting in and out of the car is still not fixed. :(

yeah i figured much. This was never mentioned in patch notes. I tried bringing it up on stream, but so much was going on at once I think they missed it.

4 hours ago, Rabid-child said:

Interaction glitch when getting in and out of the car is still not fixed. 

if one of the locks youre talking about is not being able to use a weapon once exiting the car, try tapping A (or X, action button) a few times. it allows me to swing a weapon after i do that. just make sure youre not close enough to the car or youll jump back in.

4 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

if one of the locks youre talking about is not being able to use a weapon once exiting the car, try tapping A (or X, action button) a few times. it allows me to swing a weapon after i do that. just make sure youre not close enough to the car or youll jump back in.

Interesting. Ill have to try that. I know dropping and picking weapon back up fixes for sure. Most time I am dead though, because I go to take a swing at Jason, nothing happens and then I'm grabbed and dead and think, well fuck I was interaction locked and didn't even know it....

On PC now Jason can't grab and kill a lot of the time. He grabs the counselor and they'll simply float in the spot where they were grabbed while as Jason you can walk around, execute the kill with nothing happening. Jason can end up with 15/7 kills. I also had this happen then that counselor escaped preventing the match from even ending.

The random spawns and wrongly skinned Jason models are occurring often again too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

On PC now Jason can't grab and kill a lot of the time. He grabs the counselor and they'll simply float in the spot where they were grabbed while as Jason you can walk around, execute the kill with nothing happening. Jason can end up with 15/7 kills. I also had this happen then that counselor escaped preventing the match from even ending.

This was happening before this patch but it is more frequent now.

21 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Interesting. Ill have to try that. I know dropping and picking weapon back up fixes for sure. Most time I am dead though, because I go to take a swing at Jason, nothing happens and then I'm grabbed and dead and think, well fuck I was interaction locked and didn't even know it....

it seems to do the trick. when the car gets stopped,i jump out, run like 2 feet from the car then tap A several times. i even take a practic swing just to make sure. its far less risky than the drop weapon tactic.

oh the good ol' car, such a funny mess it can turn into sometimes haha

on xbox, so far ive noticed a new boat in the bouthouse on crystal lake, wooden pallets in front of every outhouse, blankets in front of all tents, and double park benches.. not really a problem but its kinda weird the patch caused this to happen haha

ive also had a few problems doing context kills and being context killed. the dead but not really dead glitch seems to be in full effect right now..

havent seen any boring roof glitchers yet but i can normaly play several nights in a row without seeing those fartbags believe it or not. seen alot of "theyre still up there" talk, so i'll take their word for it. maybe its just that the roof glitchers never REALLY come down...the old timers say..its not a legend....theyre still up there...even to this day...playing a great game...in a boring manner.....dancing....wasting everybody's time...

other than that, i havent seen any other problems so far.. still loving the great friday the 13th action! thanks for all of your efforts gun media!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

it seems to do the trick. when the car gets stopped,i jump out, run like 2 feet from the car then tap A several times. i even take a practic swing just to make sure. its far less risky than the drop weapon tactic.

oh the good ol' car, such a funny mess it can turn into sometimes haha

I think jumping out of the car really fast when it is stopped is what causes the interlock. I pound on the exit action as soon as i here the crash sound, and 9 times out of 10 I'm left without the ability to swing. Test swing is good logic before hand if have the space/time/distance from big J.

24 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

ive also had a few problems doing context kills and being context killed. the dead but not really dead glitch seems to be in full effect right now..

The dead not really dead glitch has been around for awhile. It was pretty infrequent, so don't think its ever been brought up much. I always give the Jason back the kill right after if i happen to survive with the glitch. He caught me and deserved that kill and not to have to chase me around again for rest of game. Fair is fair.

@mattshotcha  do you have any updates that your able to share about the issues that everyone has been seeing?

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The dead not really dead glitch has been around for awhile. It was pretty infrequent, so don't think its ever been brought up much. I always give the Jason back the kill right after if i happen to survive with the glitch. He caught me and deserved that kill and not to have to chase me around again for rest of game. Fair is fair.

Imagine the kill not working on a sweater girl.... how bad would that be lol

@Slasher_Clone okay I got ya now. Roger that

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I think jumping out of the car really fast when it is stopped is what causes the interlock.

Test swing is good logic before hand if have the space/time/distance from big J.

that could very well be the cause, but who knows??

its not always in the cards to be able to get that test swing off when youre tryin to run and save the driver or trying to avoid the long arm of jason.. all depends on the situation.. i been killed in a no swing state of confusion my share of times!

dead but not deads been around a long time but last night when i was playin holy cow it was night of the living dead.. i even died but not died, then came back as tommy while my lovely fox was still alive. i went and found her where i was last before i returned as tommy.. she was standing there, triangle still on the mini map, one for fox, one for tommy! i waited there for jason and he was still able to kill her! i gave jason the classic tommy thumbs up and let him dice me up since everyone was dead already..

i like your fair is fair way of dealing with that.. i dont let him kill me right away, i'll try to continue to help the team, BUT i will not escape and later on i let jason chop me up if he hadnt already...again.. i do think you have the right idea though, jason earned the kill, give it back. good form!

39 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Imagine the kill not working on a sweater girl.... how bad would that be lol

that would piss me off alot hahaha

hows jason gonna explain that to mother??