@mattshotcha

First off thank you for the patch.  The changes to Pinehurst are nice.  

However there are issues

Pinehurst: none of the barn environmental kills are working.  The kill sfx plays but the counselor remains in the grab animation, after a minute they escape but are marked as dead. 

Higgens: Jason Shack, the hooks are bugged. Same problem as above.  Some grab kills with P8 equip per with the machete had the same problem,  (Fishgut, Single stab and the Pamela) but after catching the counselor the second time the Fishgut worked.  The counselor had no knife.

Jarvis: the hook kill isn't working here either. (Location big cabin near the vacation house ). Maybe hook is broken?

As I find more I'll post here and post to Jasonkillsbugs.com

Update: so interestingly enough in a private match the environmental kills work fine, the issue might only be in quick play. 

Packanack Small: people can still get in the roof!!!

@alienuforia and I were testing both scenarios and confirmed it's an issue in publication

I also heard on here counselors can still access roofs. I’m starting to think these damn glitches are never going to be fixed. 

Ill second that , i understand the "rubber band" roof glitching is still working . 

22 minutes ago, shodan said:

The kill sfx plays but the counselor remains in the grab animation, after a minute they escape but are marked as dead. 

This bug has been there for some time... I have seen it many times in the past, but it gives credit for the kill and releases the counselor to start the chase over... so you can get 2 kills for one counselor... bonus XP at least. This can happen with any environment kill or execution, but it does sound like you are seeing it more often than it has been occurring in the past... at least judging from how frequently I have seen it happen... which is usually only a couple times in a night of playing.

I know but it's more problematic  on all the new environmental kills that they added

49 minutes ago, shodan said:

First off thank you for the patch.  The changes to Pinehurst are nice.  

However there are issues

Pinehurst: none of the barn environmental kills are working.  The kill sfx plays but the counselor remains in the grab animation, after a minute they escape but are marked as dead. 

Higgens: Jason Shack, the hooks are bugged. Same problem as above.  Some grab kills with P8 equip per with the machete had the same problem,  (Fishgut, Single stab and the Pamela) but after catching the counselor the second time the Fishgut worked.  The counselor had no knife.

Jarvis: the hook kill isn't working here either. (Location big cabin near the vacation house ). Maybe hook is broken?

As I find more I'll post here and post to Jasonkillsbugs.com

@mattshotcha☝️

Yes I've seen and read the roof glitch still works but now Jason can't get up there.They took the wrong thing away. It doesn't matter if Jason get on roofs. People are also wondering how you can duplicate a tractor and past statement was they can't even add a rock.How is this not considered "new" content"?

9 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

How is this not considered "new" content"?

Because it’s not. I’m also not sure why you keep bitching about content, anything we can get, is the best policy for fans. I’m not trying to be an ass but it serves no good damn purpose to keep bring it up. 

To the thread in general, I had a light glitch like on Packanack but on Higgins coming out of a fireplace. Bright purple light like a UFO or something had landed in there.

Don't shoot the messenger I'm simply repeating what people are saying all over Facebook.I personally don't care.I'm not the one bitching if we get content or not. I already assume we are not so I don't get any hopes up.. It does seem kind of going against what they claimed though they clearly said they can't even add a rock. I understand they just copied and pasted but...

I just tested  and I can still get on roofs as Jason but I'm not sure I got the whole patch.It downloaded a 1.5 gig file but that doesn't seem large enough.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It doesn't matter if Jason get on roofs. People are also wondering how you can duplicate a tractor and past statement was they can't even add a rock.How is this not considered "new" content"?

You answered your own question... A duplicate of something that is already there... is not adding something new, it is using an existing asset by duplicating it and using it in a different spot. Adding a rock would be new because it is "adding" a rock, not duplicating one.

26 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Don't shoot the messenger I'm simply repeating what people are saying all over Facebook

I am not trying to be rude, or shoot any messengers... But the opinions of people that do not think beyond the first point of interest (or at all for that matter) on the topic are only expressing their right to let everyone know they are not very intelligent... and that is a right we all have under free speech. I am not saying this about you... but about those people on facebook that you mentioned. As you said, you were simply repeating what they said.
   People need to think before they speak... most do not... and many think the one point they did think of will destroy any point that others can come up with... But if they thought beyond that one point, or at least considered the meaning of the words they used in their own questions, or in what they were questioning... then they would be answering their own questions.
  The opinions of the masses are not usually thought through very well... Take the 'M' from masses.... and we all know what we are left with.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I had a light glitch like on Packanack but on Higgins coming out of a fireplace. Bright purple light like a UFO or something had landed in there.

I have seen that one on Higgins many times, most often in the fireplace where the fuse box spawns on the east side, but not necessarily when the fuse box spawns there. I call it "The Color of Outer Space"... H.P. Lovecraft is turning over in his grave... 

1 hour ago, shodan said:

I know but it's more problematic  on all the new environmental kills that they added

Damn!...
   Well, at least we get extra XP for killing them a second time... But it is frustrating when it happens with a counselor that you have had a lot of trouble catching in the first place... Its not so frustrating if they have no pocket knife or med spray and you already have them wounded though... its too bad it rarely works out that way.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I also heard on here counselors can still access roofs. I’m starting to think these damn glitches are never going to be fixed. 

Did you just figure that out ? LOL!  Every single patch that has ever been put out has either nerfed Jason at the same time adding more bugs, I’ve already had to kill 5 people twice, because of the animation freezing or Jason getting stuck

28 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I call it "The Color of Outer Space"... H.P. Lovecraft is turning over in his grave.

Lol, I’d never seen it there before but it was literally blinding. I like that reference too, probably why I was thinking of space.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, I’d never seen it there before but it was literally blinding. I like that reference too, probably why I was thinking of space.

It is a short story he wrote... it was also made into a movie with Boris Karloff in the 60's, but I do not remember if it had the same title... I like Lovecraft, but some of his ideas about how things work in space are way out there... but science had not yet proven any theories about space in his time... beyond how gravity affects observable bodies out there... That came much later. So writers were left to speculate... and many came up with some even crazier stuff. 
   I also see this on other maps too. Maybe Crystal lake has been invaded by the elder gods... That would explain a lot.

• Like 1

At this point they might as well give up on trying to fix glitches.  We've gotten used to the ones that are in the game and "fixing" them seems to only add new ones.

Whatever happened to the perk re-work?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Maybe Crystal lake has been invaded by the elder gods... That would explain a lot.

I wish, that would be an awesome dlc. 😂 , the purists would rage though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

Did you just figure that out ? LOL!  Every single patch that has ever been put out has either nerfed Jason at the same time adding more bugs, I’ve already had to kill 5 people twice, because of the animation freezing or Jason getting stuck

For just one second I was a believer in GUN for coming through with their word on this patch is all. At this point I’m not going to be a believer in any bugs/glitches they claim are being fixed until I actually see it fixed firsthand.

So uh haven't had a chance to download the patch yet but looking at all these bug reports can't help but feel sad and utterly disappointed. Guess I'll just play something else 😀

15 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

So uh haven't had a chance to download the patch yet but looking at all these bug reports can't help but feel sad and utterly disappointed. Guess I'll just play something else 😀

That's your best bet unless you want to see a counselor on the roof dancing and acting like a damn fool while you there trying to hit them with knifes.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

At this point they might as well give up on trying to fix glitches.  We've gotten used to the ones that are in the game and "fixing" them seems to only add new ones.

Exactly the way I feel regarding the whole situation. The sad reality now is that:

1- They cannot fix the issues they're prioritizing.

2- There's other issues that were either a) supposed to be fixed many months ago or b) that cannot be fixed right now because the devs are unable to pinpoint what's causing the problem(i.e. the random counselor bug and the knife/car glitch) and who knows when or if they will ever find how to fix those.

3- There is also some lower priority bug/glitch/exploit and whatnot that will never have a chance to be fixed at the pace things are going if things supposed to be fixed are not fixed in the end especially if patches keep bringing more bugs and problems of their own.

At this point, I'm really afraid that any future patches may cause even more harm than good.

54 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

For just one second I was a believer in GUN for coming through with their word on this patch is all. At this point I’m not going to be a believer in any bugs/glitches they claim are being fixed until I actually see it fixed firsthand.

They are doing the best they can. I feel your disappointment, and wish I didn't have to say it's normal, I’d like to add a bit more and hope you’ll see it as friendly advice. You should know that this disappointment has a way of poisoning the community, it comes through in the posts of the people who let their disappointment get the better of them. It hurts our chances of being listen to or taken seriously. It’s also the thing that’s lead to the most members being done with this place.

I like you, you’re one of the only ones out of your group of new members who stuck and I think your optimism isn’t misplaced, maybe mismanaged, It’s lead you to start a bunch of wonderful threads and helped keep this place interesting, so don’t let it go. This is still the game you love and they’re still the pubs who gave it to us. Just manage the disappointment by remembering they’re not perfect and the team is so small they don’t have the hands to test it, the cheaters do. It only takes one missed angle, a single one of them figuring it out and a video to spread it like wild fire.

I’m disappointed too but not just that this patch isn’t working as intended, that the community is so fragile at this point that people aren’t even willing to try it. I’ve enjoyed my matches so far and other than a fireplace that blinded me, I’ve had good matches, with good players. 

Jesus, below is what I’m talking about.

15 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Exactly the way I feel regarding the whole situation. The sad reality now is that:

1- They cannot fix the issues they're prioritizing.

2- There's other issues that were either a) supposed to be fixed many months ago or b) that cannot be fixed right now because the devs are unable to pinpoint what's causing the problem(i.e. the random counselor bug and the knife/car glitch) and who knows when or if they will ever find how to fix those.

3- There is also some lower priority bug/glitch/exploit and whatnot that will never have a chance to be fixed at the pace things are going if things supposed to be fixed are not fixed in the end especially if patches keep bringing more bugs and problems of their own.

At this point, I'm really afraid that any future patches may cause even more harm than good.

Well this could have been phrased a whole lot better, I mean if you actually want them to listen that is?

Edit - @makred78, you know what after reading the other thread, this isn’t that bad. At least it’s an honest opinion, stated plainly and not insulting. So you have my apology, sorry.

• Like 3

Haven't played the game with the new patch yet! So the patch introduced new bugs to the game? Damn that sucks! 

Just loaded into a game with a friend to see if roof was fixed and it worked first try with no effort. On Packanack. Jumped off right after because staying up there would be dumb. I don't understand the issue with QAing this game? Even if they think they fixed it wouldn't they at least attempt to see if it was fixed before saying it way? Nothing has changed, at least for Packanack. You can also get onto Crystal Lake boathouse.

Just reported on jasonkillsbugs.com

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@makred78, you know what after reading the other thread, this isn’t that bad. At least it’s an honest opinion, stated plainly and not insulting. So you have my apology, sorry.

No problem, apology accepted. I know this was not the most positive post I've made on these forums. Keep in mind that even with what I said there, I still enjoy the game and hope the servers will stay online forever even if I know that this is wishful thinking.

• Like 1