@mattshotcha

There's ways to make Jason better. With as easy as it is to kill or at least demask him. Jason needs buffs, counselors are strong enough imo. I feel his knives need more damage as do his traps. Especially for us who main parts 4 &/ 7. We have 3 traps, our traps should 1 shot kill those who have no damage resistance. Our knives should kill in two hits.

For non-+weapon str Jason's, 2 knives to would, 3 to kill, 2 trap kill but you need 2 health sprays to to be able to walk/run again.

Edit: im sure other people will mentiommn what they feel will buff Jason.

The problem with this idea is it pushes everyone to run the Meta, @sedaiv. Tyrant666 has an interesting idea about removing the strengths and weaknesses of run and can’t run and replacing them. 

Personally I’d like Stalk earlier in the game, especially for plus Stalk Jason’s.

They could also activate the buttons beside the Strengths and Weaknesses and let us build our own Jason by cycling through the options. The buttons could also be used to get rid of a strength or weakness or be level 150 plus unlocks. 

His combat stance needs fixed. They need to speed up the time it takes jason to get back into block after he swings, they need to give all Jason’s 5 traps minimum, allow Jason to reset 2 traps, give significantly more hit points to make removing his mask an actual challenge, speed up his animation when he picks up knives, increase his invincibility times slightly after he gets out of killing, picking up throwing knife, and stun animations so he has time to defend himself from cheap shots, and last, he should be able to grab through windows. 

I don’t think his weapon strength should be buffed. I can already make counselors limp without a weapon strength Jason with enough knives and slashes with my part 8. Overall I think Jason is pretty damn OP in the right hands, right now what he really needs the absolute most is help in keeping the mask. 

Another jason buff could be something like using the grab animation and to give Jason the option to throw the counselors down the street, not putting them in a limping state, but damaging their health a bit, this would help Jason fight groups easier. It’d be new content tho

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

His combat stance needs fixed. They need to speed up the time it takes jason to get back into block after he swings, they need to give all Jason’s 5 traps minimum, allow Jason to reset 2 traps, give significantly more hit points to make removing his mask an actual challenge, speed up his animation when he picks up knives, increase his invincibility times slightly after he gets out of killing, picking up throwing knife, and stun animations so he has time to defend himself from cheap shots, and last, he should be able to grab through windows. 

I don’t think his weapon strength should be buffed. I can already make counselors limp without a weapon strength Jason with enough knives and slashes with my part 8. Overall I think Jason is pretty damn OP in the right hands, right now what he really needs the absolute most is help in keeping the mask. 

Another jason buff could be something like using the grab animation and to give Jason the option to throw the counselors down the street, not putting them in a limping state, but damaging their health a bit, this would help Jason fight groups easier. It’d be new content tho

I toyed with a few of your ideas but felt that be too much to ask for as i feel extra damage for knives & traps is mandatory as they are his weapons

On 5/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Tyrant666 has an interesting idea about removing the strengths and weaknesses of run and can’t run and replacing them. 

So basically replacing them with other stuff? But having said jasons have the same pre-estbalished run/can't run strengths and weakenesses?

Traps just need to be more sensitive but cause the same damage.I had 3 traps at the entrance of the shack spaced what I thought was good spacing and no way was anyone getting in the shack.Guess what they manage to get past all 3. Makes trapping the shack kind of pointless even if one is dead center of the way in they find a way past it.

2 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Traps just need to be more sensitive but cause the same damage.I had 3 traps at the entrance of the shack spaced what I thought was good spacing and no way was anyone getting in the shack.Guess what they manage to get past all 3. Makes trapping the shack kind of pointless even if one is dead center of the way in they find a way past it.

I saw we should have the ole trap stack.

Can only some counsellors close Jason's traps? It works sometimes when you crouch it comes up with A to close the trap. Sometimes doesn't seem to work even though you can see Jason's trap clearly. 

3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So basically replacing them with other stuff? But having said jasons have the same pre-estbalished run/can't run strengths and weakenesses?

Yeah, the run/can’t run, Strength/weaknesses just become apart of the Jason that have them.

2 hours ago, Deano78 said:

Can only some counsellors close Jason's traps? It works sometimes when you crouch it comes up with A to close the trap. Sometimes doesn't seem to work even though you can see Jason's trap clearly. 

You use a pocket knife (Pk), when disabling a Jason trap. 

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

They must have painstakingly crouch walked

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

They must have painstakingly crouch walked

Not sure but I have seen them get past ones right dead center of the doorway.They should be going off at least if not trap them.That's why I said more sensitivity.I would assume that would be a relatively easy buff to traps.

17 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Not sure but I have seen them get past ones right dead center of the doorway.They should be going off at least if not trap them.That's why I said more sensitivity.I would assume that would be a relatively easy buff to traps.

Agreed, there's times I've ran or walked around traps that i thought would go off. Plus as weapons for Jason 3, 4, 7, and Savini they should be one hit kills. 3 & Savini should have 3 traps to balance them.

2 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Agreed, there's times I've ran or walked around traps that i thought would go off. Plus as weapons for Jason 3, 4, 7, and Savini they should be one hit kills. 3 & Savini should have 3 traps to balance them.

I don’t think this is a good way to buff those Jason’s. I like my bear traps so I’d be kinda pissed if they took two away. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

I don’t think this is a good way to buff those Jason’s. I like my bear traps so I’d be kinda pissed if they took two away. 

In response I'd give 3 better sense & Savini better water speed.

9 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

If we were going to have 4 Strengths and weaknesses those might not be bad on those Jason’s. I wouldn’t want to give up any of Savini’s current Strengths though, love my plus shift (even if I over shoot to often), destruction is my favourite strength probably because I’m ADHD and hate waiting to break through doors, and weapon strength is his real advantage, at least imo, so not a fan of loosing that either.  As fourth power water speed would be less broken then something else like plus Morph. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If we were going to have 4 Strengths and weaknesses those might not be bad on those Jason’s. I wouldn’t want to give up any of Savini’s current Strengths though, love my plus shift (even if I over shoot to often), destruction is my favourite strength probably because I’m ADHD and hate waiting to break through doors, and weapon strength is his real advantage, at least imo, so not a fan of loosing that either.  As fourth power water speed would be less broken then something else like plus Morph. 

I would never abandon or change Savini's pros/cons. Instead of water speed as a weakness he'd be nornal water speed but have only 3 traps as a weakness. Part 3 would have a normal sense instead of weak sense but again have three traps as a weakness.

3 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

I would never abandon or change Savini's pros/cons. Instead of water speed as a weakness he'd be nornal water speed but have only 3 traps as a weakness. Part 3 would have a normal sense instead of weak sense but again have three traps as a weakness.

I still wouldn’t want to lose those traps on Savini, they’re a huge asset to me. The new water speed has cost me, actually DevilsRejects slipped by me in the boat last time we played, but I think it’s fair to leave the Counselors one escape against him that’s easier. I’m not a part 3 main so I’m not sure if the sense change would benefit him enough to give them up either. It is an interesting idea, and I hope our chatting encourages others to post. 

There have been quite a few campers who have suggested buffing all the Jason’s with 3 traps too 4 or even 5. So I think traps are something players want, if only as a way to monitor objectives. It’s to bad I can’t just suggest a new trap type to give Jason’s alerts, trip wires with bells or tin cans. If could have been easier to give up a bear trap if we got some other alert method. 

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I still wouldn’t want to lose those traps on Savini, they’re a huge asset to me. The new water speed has cost me, actually DevilsRejects slipped by me in the boat last time we played, but I think it’s fair to leave the Counselors one escape against him that’s easier. I’m not a part 3 main so I’m not sure if the sense change would benefit him enough to give them up either. It is an interesting idea, and I hope our chatting encourages others to post. 

There have been quite a few campers who have suggested buffing all the Jason’s with 3 traps too 4 or even 5. So I think traps are something players want, if only as a way to monitor objectives. It’s to bad I can’t just suggest a new trap type to give Jason’s alerts, trip wires with bells or tin cans. If could have been easier to give up a bear trap if we got some other alert method. 

I don't have Savini Jason, I'm looking for someone with him unlocked that wants to make $50 PSN card to help me unlock him. But he plays similar to a slower Part 4. Having 5 traps is nice but part 4, if our traps 1 shot a counselor, then having only 3 is fair. Part 2 having 7 traps that 1 shot is way too powerful. Hence why those with +weapon damage (3, 4, 7 & Savini) should have traps that 1 shot kill but only get 3 max to balance out. Counsellors would be forced to think twice about running into traps at our shacks or at least need to cough up a pocket knife.

Same goes with our knives. 1 knife to wound, 2 to kill. However, traps should do so much that Damage Resist perks are ignored while knives still obey damage resist.

7 hours ago, sedaiv said:

I don't have Savini Jason, I'm looking for someone with him unlocked that wants to make $50 PSN card to help me unlock him. But he plays similar to a slower Part 4. Having 5 traps is nice but part 4, if our traps 1 shot a counselor, then having only 3 is fair. Part 2 having 7 traps that 1 shot is way too powerful. Hence why those with +weapon damage (3, 4, 7 & Savini) should have traps that 1 shot kill but only get 3 max to balance out. Counsellors would be forced to think twice about running into traps at our shacks or at least need to cough up a pocket knife.

Same goes with our knives. 1 knife to wound, 2 to kill. However, traps should do so much that Damage Resist perks are ignored while knives still obey damage resist.

You can’t get savini Jason unless you’re a backer to the game

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

You can get savini Jason unless you’re a backer to the game

Or buy an account with him. There's more method but it's the method I'll test and pay $50 PSN card id for.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, sedaiv said:

Or buy an account with him. There's more method but it's the method I'll test and pay $50 PSN card id for.

Lol. You guys never give up...

On 5/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, sedaiv said:

On 5/11/2019 at 10:22 AM, sedaiv said:

Part 3 would have a normal sense instead of weak sense but again have three traps as a weakness.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m not a part 3 main so I’m not sure if the sense change would benefit him enough to give them up either. It is an interesting idea, and I hope our chatting encourages others to post. 

Plus sense and minus sense don't do anything except effect the cool down timer for sense to recharge. And toggling sense on and off with out running the meter out makes +/- sense neither a strength nor a weakness. It does not mean you can sense counselor's from farther away with a +sense Jason. Or not as far with a -sense Jason. They have the exact same sense range.

43 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol. You guys never give up...

Plus sense and minus sense don't do anything except effect the cool down timer for sense to recharge. And toggling sense on and off with out running the meter out makes +/- sense neither a strength nor a weakness. It does not mean you can sense counselor's from farther away with a +sense Jason. Or not as far with a -sense Jason. They have the exact same sense range.

Like I said it doesn’t seem worth it. It wouldn’t effect me but any ideas to improve what we have are worth considering.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Like I said it doesn’t seem worth it. It wouldn’t effect me but any ideas to improve what we have are worth considering.

I think pt 3 is fine as is. Good starter Jason. J2 and J4 just need neutral shift speed but keep the negative shift cool down. And the rest are fine other than the fact that all of them need more hp.