On 5/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Ki7lumin4ti said:

Since the rage change,its a huge problem. Anyone who thinks any different must be among those with little cheating helpers.

Oh good, more of this shit....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Preventing Jason from getting on the roof is pretty dumb to me and I suggest it be pulled back.

It has zero effect on the game. Jason gains zero advantage by getting on the roof. More importantly, just like after the last big update that fixed one avenue of counselors getting on the roof, there will be another eventually. Jason being able to get on the roof is like an accidental fail-safe. There has been a lot of occasions counselors got on the roof as I was Jason but I knew how to get on as Jason and they were killed. I've run into several of the people again and purposely picked Packanack to see if they would do it again and they never did. Just seems really pointless. If anything I would think GUN would advertise that Jason can get on the roof to deter players from doing it. Just my thoughts though.

Another thing I would like to mention and kind of a note to developers... I see a lot of 'try-hards' wanting the game to be easier so they can succeed easier. You guys at GUN need to remember part of the reason you made this game was to make it fun. If you take out ALL the glitches, it's just not fun anymore. You're going to boil the game (which unfortunately already has a declining community) down to appease the try-hard community... What are you going to be left with? 50 people who play just to go 7/7 or 8/8 as Jason every round and come on here to cry when they don't. The Friday The 13th movie's foundation was being campy (literally and figuratively), don't lose that.

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Bonez, mind doing an intro post, maybe reading the rules while you’re here. 

Oh... and stop glitching.

I don't think I need to read the rules to voice an honest, valid opinion.

In no way did my post intend to be offensive or anything like that. It is just a player's opinion.

Oh... I'll play the game to have fun like I always have. 😀

1 hour ago, Bonez said:

Preventing Jason from getting on the roof is pretty dumb to me and I suggest it be pulled back.

It has zero effect on the game. Jason gains zero advantage by getting on the roof. More importantly, just like after the last big update that fixed one avenue of counselors getting on the roof, there will be another eventually. Jason being able to get on the roof is like an accidental fail-safe. There has been a lot of occasions counselors got on the roof as I was Jason but I knew how to get on as Jason and they were killed. I've run into several of the people again and purposely picked Packanack to see if they would do it again and they never did. Just seems really pointless. If anything I would think GUN would advertise that Jason can get on the roof to deter players from doing it. Just my thoughts though.

Another thing I would like to mention and kind of a note to developers... I see a lot of 'try-hards' wanting the game to be easier so they can succeed easier. You guys at GUN need to remember part of the reason you made this game was to make it fun. If you take out ALL the glitches, it's just not fun anymore. You're going to boil the game (which unfortunately already has a declining community) down to appease the try-hard community... What are you going to be left with? 50 people who play just to go 7/7 or 8/8 as Jason every round and come on here to cry when they don't. The Friday The 13th movie's foundation was being campy (literally and figuratively), don't lose that.

1) Jason can still get on the roof.

2) you're apparently not very good at this game. I picture you as the asshole standing on Pack roof dancing that rage quits when I come up there and snatch you up. Am I wrong?

So what exactly was changed or fixed? The game still gives you wrong Jason/Counselor than you picked and people are still glitching on roofs. Those were some of the biggest issues and they are still present...

On 5/7/2019 at 3:42 PM, mattshotcha said:

As discussed on BEYOND, this patch is coming in as soon as it completes the process. The patch is rolling out to certification now and should be on it's way to players soon. Keep an eye out here for the date, or on our social media channels.

EDIT 1: The patch is now live on Steam, rolling out on PS4, and on the way shortly on Xbox One. 

PATCH NOTES:

GENERAL & FINE TUNING

• Various Quality of Life fixes implemented to the Virtual Cabin 2.0.
  • Removed helium from various floating objects on all maps.
  • Resolved an issue with environmental kills not displaying on Higgins Haven Small.
  • Fixed an issue with the Emote user interface. Dance like nobody's watching…
  • Various Quality of Life fixes for Menu items.

ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION

• Resolved multiple issues that allowed players to reach rooftops on all maps.
  • Resolved multiple issues that allowed players to reach areas that Jason could not reach on all maps.
  • Made areas where players were stuck less sticky.
  • Fixed an issue where the Shift ability would allow Jason on rooftops.
  • Cars no longer damage players through walls.
  • Fixes applied to prevent counselors from parking the car and blocking Jason from reaching them.

INTERACTION LOCKS  
    Corrected several scenarios that caused players to suffer an interaction lock including:

COUNSELOR:

• During bear trap deployment or interaction.
  • While performing blocks.
  • While weapon swapping.
  • While weapon swapping and entering combat stance.
  • During small item use.
  • While dropping items.
  • After using the map.
  • After aiming the flare gun or shotgun.
  • Dodging while dropping a weapon.

JASON:

• When shifting and interacting with items, environment, or counselors.
  • When shifting into water. (He really wasn’t a good swimmer.)

JASON SPECIFIC CHANGES

• Using the sweater to stun Jason while he is already down will not activate the next phase of the kill progression, and will not allow players to kneel him directly from the down state. This was an unintended effect where players were able to stun a stunned Jason, leading to the Tommy Jarvis kill on Jason.
  • Fixed an issue where Jason shifting to avoid the sweater stun animation still allowed counselors to bring him to his knees without the stun.

Did you do something to the scenery? I noticed, at least on xbox one x it looks alot aesthetically better. HUGE bug in this patch that good counselors nor Jason's like is everytime we played a match this evening at least one counselor had two lives due to kill animation problems, one got away from it 3 times. It was literally almost every single match

I played like a half dozen games, I literally noticed nothing changed. 

In my first game, I was on the Packanack Roof, rubber band method.  I went to bots for my second game and let them beat on me, rage prompt method, on the roof. 

Played 4 games with a friend after that and absolutely nothing was different.  I didn't play as Victoria to confirm if her ass is now 1.5gb bigger though and didn't see one in any of my lobbies unfortunately. 

So what exactly was in this patch?  Serious question. 

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I played like a half dozen games, I literally noticed nothing changed. 

In my first game, I was on the Packanack Roof, rubber band method.  I went to bots for my second game and let them beat on me, rage prompt method, on the roof. 

Played 4 games with a friend after that and absolutely nothing was different.  I didn't play as Victoria to confirm if her ass is now 1.5gb bigger though and didn't see one in any of my lobbies unfortunately. 

So what exactly was in this patch?  Serious question. 

Victoria's ass is 1.5 gb larger and ghost prompts changed slightly. I'm not sure if the other counselor trap method for the roof is patched but my guess is that it is and the devs didn't know about trap rubber banding. 

35 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Victoria's ass is 1.5 gb larger and ghost prompts changed slightly. I'm not sure if the other counselor trap method for the roof is patched but my guess is that it is and the devs didn't know about trap rubber banding. 

It takes 15 seconds to literally Google dozens of videos and instructions about how to get currently on the roof... no one thought of doind that to see how people get there? I mean what exactly have they been doing for 4 months? The old glitches are still there and nothing of importance seems to have been changed.

EDIT: Okay I see the patch notes, some good stuff in there though I just managed to not get killed twice, even though the death animation played out, and somehow reached the cop cars and end of the map, could move freely over there.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Survival said:

It takes 15 seconds to literally Google dozens of videos and instructions about how to get currently on the roof... no one thought of doind that to see how people get there? I mean what exactly have they been doing for 4 months? The old glitches are still there and nothing of importance seems to have been changed.

EDIT: Okay I see the patch notes, some good stuff in there though I just managed to not get killed twice, even though the death animation played out, and somehow reached the cop cars and end of the map, could move freely over there.

Yeah I'm not sure why they haven't fixed anything. I haven't played much. Just enough to know all the important stuff still works. Haven't tried a kill yet. Supposedly they fixed some things with that. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, Dead Meme said:

What does this mean?  

Edit: How are you confused?  What a fucking meme, lmao.  Maybe they should “specify” their words more. 

maybe they're confused because its fairly obvious that it's simply a little joke added in to spice up patch notes, there are several in the post.

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Last time I checked their game play skills are extremely limited. It's really not surprising that the glitches are still there. 

Yeah this is weird. Put some time into your own game, or hire some play testers that will do such. There are hundreds of us with 500+, 1000+ heck i've seen some 2000+ hrs in the game. Need to know the ins and outs like back of hand if any chance of identifying and fixing. Sadly we will forever be stuck with the bugs, so at this point I think id rather them shift focus to preserving our accounts on the local client side for the day the servers shutdown. I have a feeling that day is rapidly approaching.

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah this is weird. Put some time into your own game, or hire some play testers that will do such. There are hundreds of us with 500+, 1000+ heck i've seen some 2000+ hrs in the game. Need to know the ins and outs like back of hand if any chance of identifying and fixing. Sadly we will forever be stuck with the bugs, so at this point I think id rather them shift focus to preserving our accounts on the local client side for the day the servers shutdown. I have a feeling that day is rapidly approaching.

Yeah it doesn't help when they get their info from some dumbass that copied it off YouTube and doesn't understand what's going on. But apparently they're ok with that since they've been listening to them for this long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many patches that change nothing are we gonna get?

Was any play testing done for this last update?

Does Gun do playtesting at all?

26 minutes ago, alevinacho said:

with the new update

Screenshot_20190510-093851.png

Oh god you were that one guy who kept using the glitch on purpose.

54 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

How many patches that change nothing are we gonna get?

Was any play testing done for this last update?

Does Gun do playtesting at all?

Probably needs a hotfix....

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah it doesn't help when they get their info from some dumbass that copied it off YouTube and doesn't understand what's going on. But apparently they're ok with that since they've been listening to them for this long. 

Lets not call others dumbasses.

52 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Probably needs a hotfix...

But this was a hotfix... 😜

Like it was mentioned before, they really need to find a way to test the fixes they're making by ppl who are actually playing the game on a regular basis. Pushing any new fixes as soon as they're ready would be slow on consoles considering the certification process involved but since there none on pc, maybe they could use the steam platform as some form of testing ground for more in-depth testing to ensure things are working properly before a patch officially goes live.

• Like 1

This is seriously ridiculous. I played for a few hours today on PC & PS4 and there are currently even more people glitching on the roof and rocks than ever before. It used to be one or two people once in a few games but now there are at least 4-5 people each damn game.

I love this damn game but this crap makes it pretty much unplayable and sucks every bit of fun right out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure it has been mentioned a dozen times already, but environmental kills don’t work. Not a very good patch.

• Like 1