New patch in...2020-2021 maybe?....

1.33 Patch is a disgrace. 

Friday The 13th testers:

tenor.gif

:sadchappa:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I still see them on PS4 but at this point I actively ignore them and tell others to ignore them too when they’re brought up. Generally I say something along the lines of “let them be on time out, there’s other shit to do.”

It sounds like the trolls in the game may be starving a little bit. Ignoring them is the best bet in the long run.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It sounds like the trolls in the game may be starving a little bit. Ignoring them is the best bet in the long run.

Does seem to be the case. At least on my console.

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Does seem to be the case. At least on my console.

I've noticed the same. It's not a bad thing at this point.

Played a few rounds on quick play for Xbox X.

Jason teamers and rooftop exploiters in the first 4 matches.

A few of the reasons why the game can't keep a solid player base.

Packaknack I see voted for each match.

Players using the bear traps. Teleport up to the roof and tell Jason each player's location that is not in a party with them.

That patch can't come soon enough. Better than having to quit and find a new lobby when I see players on a roof.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 7:07 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

Played a few rounds on quick play for Xbox X.

Jason teamers and rooftop exploiters in the first 4 matches.

A few of the reasons why the game can't keep a solid player base.

Packaknack I see voted for each match.

Players using the bear traps. Teleport up to the roof and tell Jason each player's location that is not in a party with them.

That patch can't come soon enough. Better than having to quit and find a new lobby when I see players on a roof.

:( Im hoping its coming soon man.....

• Like 1

We'll be discussing this more on BEYOND tomorrow, but there is some good news to report.

The most recent fix/build is being tested now in the final test phase. This phase is a thorough and complete test before submitting the fix to platforms to certify. 

So we're in the home stretch now, fingers crossed that all is well in this final test phase.

For anyone catching up, the issue with the method used to launch onto the roof uncovered a bigger underlying issue that the team needed to address in order to have a successful patch. Given the history as well as the issue with the last patch, the team has tweaked some of our processes to include an extra layer of redundancy checks to ensure we have the issue 100% fixed. As we figured out the root problem for the existing and current method, we uncovered some other lesser known methods, repaired them and uncovered some not yet seen methods. So this has been quite the process, but the time has been well worth it considering the state of the last patch and how frustrating that can be.

We appreciate the patience while the team combs through these interaction items. We heard the outcry for more thorough testing after the last patch and are confident in this tweaked process and the level of exhaustive testing done to make sure we fixed the root, and even a couple steps deeper than that to be safe. Previous updates have centered around the process of finding and fixing methods in that underlying issue, whereas now we are at a point where we are running those final checks before submission. 

Please understand, however, that this is the most extensive aspect of the test cycle. Previous stages are quick checks and there's either a reproduction of the issue with different methodology or a pass. This is the full stress test of everything to make sure we haven't unknowingly thrown some wrench in the code. And this has to be done platform by platform.

So while the most recent build is a solid candidate, we have a good week of testing to run before submitting for platform certification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

we have a good week of testing to run before submitting for platform certification.

Thank you, 🙏

I’m looking forward to the stream tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thank you, 🙏

I’m looking forward to the stream tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing what wacky new glitches arise from this fix.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

So while the most recent build is a solid candidate, we have a good week of testing to run before submitting for platform certification.

If the extra time testing the fix works out, then it'll be well worth the time spent.

12 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We'll be discussing this more on BEYOND tomorrow, but there is some good news to report.

The most recent fix/build is being tested now in the final test phase. This phase is a thorough and complete test before submitting the fix to platforms to certify. 

So we're in the home stretch now, fingers crossed that all is well in this final test phase.

For anyone catching up, the issue with the method used to launch onto the roof uncovered a bigger underlying issue that the team needed to address in order to have a successful patch. Given the history as well as the issue with the last patch, the team has tweaked some of our processes to include an extra layer of redundancy checks to ensure we have the issue 100% fixed. As we figured out the root problem for the existing and current method, we uncovered some other lesser known methods, repaired them and uncovered some not yet seen methods. So this has been quite the process, but the time has been well worth it considering the state of the last patch and how frustrating that can be.

We appreciate the patience while the team combs through these interaction items. We heard the outcry for more thorough testing after the last patch and are confident in this tweaked process and the level of exhaustive testing done to make sure we fixed the root, and even a couple steps deeper than that to be safe. Previous updates have centered around the process of finding and fixing methods in that underlying issue, whereas now we are at a point where we are running those final checks before submission. 

Please understand, however, that this is the most extensive aspect of the test cycle. Previous stages are quick checks and there's either a reproduction of the issue with different methodology or a pass. This is the full stress test of everything to make sure we haven't unknowingly thrown some wrench in the code. And this has to be done platform by platform.

I'm excited for the patch stream update....but what about the kill glitches? Is that also planned for this upcoming patch?

Watched the beyond stream.

Nintendo Switch version will be getting the day zero patch first for August 13th.

Xbox, PS4, PC patch will be released at a later date. 1 week of testing the new build. Another week of patch certification.

"Soon'' translates to don't expect anything until late August or maybe September. Depends on how testing goes.

The next patch for Xbox One, PS4 and PC will focus on the rooftop bugs. Also cover the "spider web" issues related to the roof bugs.

And Jason environment kills ?. After 1.33 patch are totally buged.

3-4 month waiting...for nothing.

New bugs incoming... in 3,2,1...😟

On 7/18/2019 at 1:37 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I still see them on PS4 but at this point I actively ignore them and tell others to ignore them too when they’re brought up. Generally I say something along the lines of “let them be on time out, there’s other shit to do.”

It seems as though they've gotten bored on Xbox One or are just good players, no one knows, only because I just started playing on Xbox One 4 days ago

36 minutes ago, The Rain said:

will be a new patch this week?

They said early this week so........hopefully we hear something today.

11 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Good news. Must mean patch is ready and has submitted for certification approval then I assume?

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Good news then, I will wait for the news of it