4 hours ago, prodigy said:

3K people online on Steam, no server provided ! 10 minutes, 20 minutes searching, no lobbies ! F OFF YOU DEVS !

Do you think saying something like that is gonna make the developers work faster? Try having a bit of patience.

This one is for you @mattshotcha

As the team is on the home stretch for the new patch. 😄

I watched the beyond streams.

A few bugs Xbox players are dealing with on the current patch.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:54 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Both Victor an Sean have to strike a deal before anything happens with the  entire franchise Nathan5226 it's even affecting NECA maker of a ton of  F13 stuff.  http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2019/06/necas-friday-13th-license-on-hold-due.html

Hi @TimDuke 01, I understand that both must make a deal, which of those could be one allowing new content to be added to the game, but Miller refusing to talk to Sean. @Slasher_Clone Can I ask what you may mean by that, an introductory reply?

While that being said, a bug in the game, is where while you've been in Jason's grip, and someone stuns him, it's like a 5 second delay before the counselor is let go of and Jason is to be stunned. Sometimes, you'll almost be out of his grip when he's supposed to be stunned yet isn't, you'll get free, but it'll glitch so hard, that it still seems as though your still in his grip, so it'll show him holding you, but not with your body in his hands, and it'll let you walk around freely, but not let you pick up or do anything with pressing buttons, besides hitting, and walking, it won't let you run at all, then it won't stun him and you'll be back at where he's taken to kill you, you'll also be out of stamina, so it won't let you run when you teleport back to him from the bug. I think this is a main reason as to where counselors may glitch on to the roofs of Higgins Haven and Packanack. Getting on the Packanack is also possible with Jason, however I don't think that should be blocked as being up there as Jason really gives you no advantage over them, but to when they go up there, kill them and punish them for it.

I removed the link, due to being misinformed about the rules of the community. Thank you @TimDuke 01!

PS4 Electro Edition.

Nathan,Nathan you are misinformed and you just broke a forum rule by posting a link on how to do a glitch.It doesn't matter if it's a glitch to counter a glitch the moderators don't like people posting videos like that. It's NOT Victor not wanting to talk it's more on Sean's part from all I've read on the matter.Regardless of who won't talk to whom, until  it gets settled F13 is at a stand still.The theory is Sean is purposely dragging things out hoping  Victor runs out of money  for a law team and just throws in the towel.Just speculation on that. This  game isn't getting new content if they settle 5 minutes from now is the sad reality

Posted (edited)

@TimDuke 01 double post much? 😜

Wow, talk about bad timing on my part... Disregard this post and curse whomever robbed me of my joke!

Edited by F134Ever86

I don't consider correcting inaccurate information double posting that is for the moderators to decide not you.If it is I apologize to the moderators.

39 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Can I ask what you may mean by that, an introductory reply?

On the main page there’s a section called Introduce Yourself. Your expected to do an introduction, it helps the Mods weed out spam accounts and gives us a place to greet new members of camp. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I’m on most week days but harder to reach on weekends as I work long shifts. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

On the main page there’s a section called Introduce Yourself. Your expected to do an introduction, it helps the Mods weed out spam accounts and gives us a place to greet new members of camp.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I’m on most week days but harder to reach on weekends as I work long shifts. 

I apologize for not doing so, here read this while I do that

19 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

I apologize for not doing so, here read this while I do that

Unfortunately that information is old and not accurate any longer. The Judge ruled that Victor has the rights to Jason Voorhees (the child character), Pamela and all the material in the first movie in the U.S..

Horror inc. (ie. Sean Cunningham) has appealed the decision. The initial lawsuit was launched by Sean after Victor filed for the return of his rights as per the law. Sean failed to have a contract in place three and a half decades ago and is trying to keep what is no longer his according to the law, you can claim your intellectual property after a period of 35 years.

As for the game, Sean ‘gave’ the rights to Gun. Media to make Summer Camp into a Friday the 13th game, the game we now have but those rights came with conditions, one of which was approval of all content. On top of that because Victor now holds the U.S. rights they would need to negotiate with him to get a contract for his share of the rights, otherwise it could be grounds for a lawsuit. Horror inc. isn’t going to be very happy with Gun if they do this, and based on past behaviour towards Victor would probably go out of their way to hurt the game by refusing approval or revoking the rights. (We don’t know what the terms are.)

I’ve been very patient, at least in comparison to other fans, as far a Cunningham and Horror inc. are concerned but to be honest, them appealing the decision has me hoping they flat out lose the rights. After looking into how little Victor was paid over the years and how little Sean gave him to work with as far a story points are concerned, I think the first movie is Victor’s creative property. The only thing Sean really contributed was a title and location.

Unfortunately that means the game is in limbo, the pubs can’t add content, can’t make a deal with Victor and have to juggle continuous work on the game, as it’s their flagship. Their whole company could be a right off if they don’t get the bugs fixed before launching their own follow up game. Until then they are publishing other companies titles and treading water. 

I’m a bit tired but I think that covers all the bases, sorry if it’s a bit ADD.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 12:33 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

This one is for you @mattshotcha

As the team is on the home stretch for the new patch. 😄

I watched the beyond streams.

A few bugs Xbox players are dealing with on the current patch.

The music on that last clip fit it so perfectly 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Unfortunately that information is old and not accurate any longer. The Judge ruled that Victor has the rights to Jason Voorhees (the child character), Pamela and all the material in the first movie in the U.S..

Horror inc. (ie. Sean Cunningham) has appealed the decision. The initial lawsuit was launched by Sean after Victor filed for the return of his rights as per the law. Sean failed to have a contract in place three and a half decades ago and is trying to keep what is no longer his according to the law, you can claim your intellectual property after a period of 35 years.

As for the game, Sean ‘gave’ the rights to Gun. Media to make Summer Camp into a Friday the 13th game, the game we now have but those rights came with conditions, one of which was approval of all content. On top of that because Victor now holds the U.S. rights they would need to negotiate with him to get a contract for his share of the rights, otherwise it could be grounds for a lawsuit. Horror inc. isn’t going to be very happy with Gun if they do this, and based on past behaviour towards Victor would probably go out of their way to hurt the game by refusing approval or revoking the rights. (We don’t know what the terms are.)

I’ve been very patient, at least in comparison to other fans, as far a Cunningham and Horror inc. are concerned but to be honest, them appealing the decision has me hoping they flat out lose the rights. After looking into how little Victor was paid over the years and how little Sean gave him to work with as far a story points are concerned, I think the first movie is Victor’s creative property. The only thing Sean really contributed was a title and location.

Unfortunately that means the game is in limbo, the pubs can’t add content, can’t make a deal with Victor and have to juggle continuous work on the game, as it’s their flagship. Their whole company could be a right off if they don’t get the bugs fixed before launching their own follow up game. Until then they are publishing other companies titles and treading water. 

I’m a bit tired but I think that covers all the bases, sorry if it’s a bit ADD.

Thank you for this. It's a bit hard trying to get a good recap from the internets regarding this case. What happens if Sean flat out loses? Will Gun. go in talks with Victor? Or will this mean all the stuff from the first movie is Victor and the rest is Sean, making it impossible to continue the title since it becomes some sort of frankenstein  of movie rights?

I would just make a part 2 of the game after this courtcase and leave out the stuff from Victor. Or isn't that possible either?

2 hours ago, Hemi said:

Thank you for this. You’re Welcome It's a bit hard trying to get a good recap from the internets regarding this case.

What happens if Sean flat out loses?  It’s really up to the Judge, this is one of those situations where it could go either way. I would like the rights to be turned over to Victor as Horror inc. has never paid him fairly, it’s more likely that a forced settlement will be reached and a share of all profits will be given to Victor rather than the rights to the franchise.

Will Gun. go in talks with Victor? I don’t think so, I think Gun will keep fixing the game but I think the chances of them going back to it are very small. As a small company they can’t afford to be only concerned with this franchise. If we’re lucky there’s a chance but personally I think it’s far more likely they’ll try to launch a second title. 

Or will this mean all the stuff from the first movie is Victor and the rest is Sean, making it impossible to continue the title since it becomes some sort of frankenstein  of movie rights? Currently this is where we stand because the rights are split. Hopefully the appeal judge sees a way through this mess that results in the rights being brought back together. Otherwise I imagine Jason as we know him, is no more. 

I would just make a part 2 of the game after this courtcase and leave out the stuff from Victor. Or isn't that possible either?

A part 2 would be awesome, but isn’t the best move for Gun at this time, they only have one game of any quality and it’s this one. 

Like I said above, Gun is in a tricky spot, they cannot continue with Friday till all the rights are sorted and by then it may be to late. I want them too, but putting out games like Lof2 isn’t going to do more than keep them afloat. It makes far more sense for them to try acquiring the rights to another Horror franchise (with less legal crap) and try to build up their reputation as the guys who care about the genre. Maybe one day coming back to Camp in the form of DLC or even a full sequel. As a business they can’t afford to wait around and the longer it takes to get done, the less chance there is of it being a happy ending for us fans. 

On 7/2/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hemi said:

Oh boy...what a mess. 

@Slasher_Clone great post on where the franchise is right now.

It really is a shame that the Franchise is at a stand still and that Sean never paid Victor his true worth with the creation of this legendary Franchise.

Had Sean reached out a long time ago and worked with Victor we could be in a very different place right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It really is a shame that the Franchise is at a stand still and that Sean never paid Victor his true worth with the creation of this legendary Franchise.

Had Sean reached out a long time ago and worked with Victor we could be in a very different place right now.

Yeah, I wish it wasn’t down to something so petty as Sean’s feelings of entitlement but that’s where it stands as far as I can tell. There’s a few bits that are just assumption but I feel they all at least hold up to Occam’s Razor. 

Laying it all out in my head is also why I cut Gun a lot more slack than other members. Anyone would be hard pressed to dig them out of the hole that Horror inc. has put them in. They have one sold title and it has no ability to add content, which hampers their ability to fix the bugs that were exasperated by rushing through the engine upgrade. I’m genuinely glad Blooper gave them a shot at publishing LoF2 and hope it’s bought them the time they need to get a new game of their own out. 

I think Gun has two options, first they can get another franchise and learn from their experience on Friday to make a better game. Second they could go the original story route but this might be too big a risk without a repaired fan base. The fact that they haven’t announced anything doesn’t mean they aren’t working on one or even both those things. In fact it’s smart to fix as much of Friday as they can, while getting all their ducks in a row, some people would just get mad about them doing anything at this point. 

It really is to bad I’m not a game developer, I’d love to work on their next project. (An NDA is probably the only way to shut me up. 😆)

• Like 1

Weird thing is, I was reading the Crystal Lake Memories yesterday and their relationship seemed fine. Speaking highly of each other etc etc. Damn shame what money can do to a friendship.

They have one sold title and it has no ability to add content, which hampers their ability to fix the bugs that were exasperated by rushing through the engine upgrade.

The Aliens: Colonial Marines debacle comes to mind, only this time the dev actually wants to fix the game but can't. Gearbox (the dev) used the money they got from Sega (at the time the franchise owner, game-wise) for ACM to fund Borderlands 2. (Specially painfull when you see game assets of Aliens: Colonial Marines in Borderlands 2 lol). Here with Gun you have a dev that is a big fan of the franchise, who wants to fix the damn game and can't do anything because the franchise owner made a big mistake. Why does this always happen to my fav franchises lol... I'm jinxed!!

• Like 1

Windows are bugged. Cars have multiple bugs and can be destroyed by knives. Shotguns are not stunning Jason at all in quick play.

Environmental kills are broken. Counselors keep randomly changing. Visual bugs and glitches inside cabins.

Counselors showing up under beds by popping up above them. Can't interact with the bed during the bug.

Throwing knives make a hit confirmation sound but do no damage to a counselor or window.

Rainbow bugs on Pinehurst. Pink lightning on Jarvis map. Bugged kill intro with Chad looking weird.

Game crashing randomly, rooftop bugs, no counselors left to spectate and game won't end.

Players falling out of the map and into ''space''. Jason with random textures during a match.

Jason's morph vhs effect gets stuck on the counselors screen until the match ends.

Match can fail to load leaving the player stranded in the summary screen at the start of a match.

Good thing we have plenty of bugs to enjoy after 1 of them (rooftop bug) is taken care of next patch. 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Windows are bugged. Cars have multiple bugs and can be destroyed by knives. Shotguns are not stunning Jason at all in quick play.

Environmental kills are broken. Counselors keep randomly changing. Visual bugs and glitches inside cabins.

Counselors showing up under beds by popping up above them. Can't interact with the bed during the bug.

Throwing knives make a hit confirmation sound but do no damage to a counselor or window.

Rainbow bugs on Pinehurst. Pink lightning on Jarvis map. Bugged kill intro with Chad looking weird.

Game crashing randomly, rooftop bugs, no counselors left to spectate and game won't end.

Players falling out of the map and into ''space''. Jason with random textures during a match.

Jason's morph vhs effect gets stuck on the counselors screen until the match ends.

Match can fail to load leaving the player stranded in the summary screen at the start of a match.

Good thing we have plenty of bugs to enjoy after 1 of them (rooftop bug) is taken care of next patch. 😄

Do the math.

If we give them the length of fixing a bug limited to one bug per year.

If the servers are still around in the 2030s/early 2040s, the game might actually be fixed.

Still...Sean and Victor will be long dead by then, the lawsuit will likely be long over and still no new content.

😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hemi said:

Weird thing is, I was reading the Crystal Lake Memories yesterday and their relationship seemed fine. Speaking highly of each other etc etc. Damn shame what money can do to a friendship.

The Aliens: Colonial Marines debacle comes to mind, only this time the dev actually wants to fix the game but can't. Gearbox (the dev) used the money they got from Sega (at the time the franchise owner, game-wise) for ACM to fund Borderlands 2. (Specially painfull when you see game assets of Aliens: Colonial Marines in Borderlands 2 lol). Here with Gun you have a dev that is a big fan of the franchise, who wants to fix the damn game and can't do anything because the franchise owner made a big mistake. Why does this always happen to my fav franchises lol... I'm jinxed!!

The good news is the Aliens franchise seems to be getting the love it deserves. I honestly was scared Disney was going to eat Fox and put all my favourite properties in the vault. Instead they’re pushing Fox to expand it and return to the roots, we’re living in a weird ass timeline. 

Am I the only one who spends there free time just fucking around in offline bots for glitches lol. They’re fun when OFFLINE, but in online modes, it’s extremely frustrating.

also as for the rainbow blood glitch. Anyone who’s seen any of my posts knows how much I love it and I will literally buy an Xbox and the game if it means I can see it lol.

STUPID PC GLITCHES BEING FIXED befor CONsolebdusisknc

17 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That place would likely have been one where we could have gotten a monthly spawn shake up of the items, as well as a hotfix for the occasional glitch. A new piece of content every 3 or so months wouldn't have hurt either.

14 hours ago, Hemi said:

Professionals will usually speak highly of each other, even if they don't like each other. That's a good practice.

Badmouthing a colleague in your industry will reflect badly on you and them.

Most people I've encountered in the game and here on the forum are pretty good about that sort of thing. There is the occasional exception to the rule though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The good news is the Aliens franchise seems to be getting the love it deserves. I honestly was scared Disney was going to eat Fox and put all my favourite properties in the vault. Instead they’re pushing Fox to expand it and return to the roots, we’re living in a weird ass timeline. 

Still a bit early for praises, but I admit...It looks better then expected atm. 

7 hours ago, Hemi said:

Still a bit early for praises, but I admit...It looks better then expected atm. 

You’re probably right but I think there’s room to hope.