Great job fixing the problem of counselors staying on the ground. Its so much better as jason when people are dancing on the rooftops 

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2019 at 5:54 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

For those without Twitter and wanting to be in the know.....

20E9BD4C-B8AE-498F-92BD-31B90897D2B2.jpeg

Im hoping EVERYTHING is tested and then released to us.

11 hours ago, lapamivverh said:

Please add a fucking kill and match count on PS4

You mean a leaderboard?

On 6/2/2019 at 9:20 AM, lapamivverh said:

Please add a fucking kill and match count on PS4

Hi lapamivverh,

welcome to the forums. Would you mind explaining what exactly would you like added? Because default match summary is accessible by pressing the UP button on your D-pad.

I'm pretty sure @lapamivverh means one of 2 things: 

1.  A tracker for the trophies (like how Xbox does stat tracking for its achievements).

2.  An in-game stat tracker that could go in the Progress section of the Main Menu for F13 to follow the stats they apparently DO keep (matches played/ kill count/ Jason kills/ etc...)

48 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

I'm pretty sure @lapamivverh means one of 2 things: 

1.  A tracker for the trophies (like how Xbox does stat tracking for its achievements).

2.  An in-game stat tracker that could go in the Progress section of the Main Menu for F13 to follow the stats they apparently DO keep (matches played/ kill count/ Jason kills/ etc...

I don't think they keep track of any of that...

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm pretty positive they DO keep the stats tracked.  Otherwise, what is the "Player Highlights" on the games official page?  They pick a player and post certain stats about their progress.  Look down the main page: 

http://f13game.com/

5 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

I'm pretty positive they DO keep the stats tracked.  Otherwise, what is the "Player Highlights" on the games official page?  They pick a player and post certain stats about their progress.  Look down the main page: 

http://f13game.com/

I think that guys been on there for awhile. Also could be from PC where they can keep track of that kinda thing. I'm pretty sure one of them said at one point that they quit keeping track of the player stats because it was bogging down the servers.

Regardless of how up to date the page is, or if they no longer track the data, my point still stands that I believe that idea was what @lapamivverh was referring to.  That is all.  Until he responds with a yes or no, I assume that was what he means.  If its on the trophy side, that is up to Sony to update their trophy tracking data (which apparently IS an idea that was/is possible in a future firmware update).  If its in-game, that's up to the devs with their "high/low priority" and more than likely will NOT be added.

21 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'll have to see if I can dig it up again, but Matt responded to a question on Discord about stat tracking. They used to keep track of everyone's progress, but for some reason, they had to stop doing so. Like I said, I'll try and find the discussion and post it in this thread.

**EDIT

Here's the link to the discussion that has the quote I took from Discord

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/26049-killsmatch-tracking-ps4/?tab=comments#comment-349523

To save a click, this was Matt's response to the question about stat tracking:

“Stats are unlikely as we discussed in a previous episode of BEYOND. We used to have stat tracking active for a massive variety of stats and that lead to unbearable loads on servers. Now, we have no stat tracking, but considering where the project is at this time, it's unlikely we'll be reworking the system or rebuilding it to offer a limited amount of stats that can not overload things. It's not high enough priority to devote resources to at this time.”

• Thanks 1

Working on getting the VoD of yesterday's BEYOND stream up on YouTube, but we had an issue with our local recording.

I'm going to pull the broadcast from Twitch to upload soon, but can give the basic update here as well.

First off, we appreciate the patience. We're working to fix the issue that allows counselors to reach unplayable areas in game, but at a root level.

So we've identified the issue allowing the bear trap method, and fixed that. Internal testing was done by our usual testing partner, as well as internally, and then a follow up by our testing partner again, for the sake of being thorough. 

But through the process of figuring out and fixing the bear trap method, we came across the underlying bit of the issue that could be present elsewhere in the game, just not yet uncovered by us or the community. So we have the predominant method figured out and fixed, but are taking that knowledge back with us to inspect other areas of the game in an effort to be done with this method entirely.

Pushing out a fix for the bear trap method now, then investigating further and potentially needing to push a second fix will take longer than just holding onto the bear trap fix while we work through any other potential instances.

On top of this, we've refined some of our internal processes to aid in the detection and recreation of issues, as well as to test more thoroughly not just via our testing partner but also more thoroughly internally as well. We've always tested our patches, but we wanted to improve and expand on the process. Now, with extra redundancy checks, we feel we're getting a much better view of the patch in it's pre-certification state.

We've also added another CS agent to the team here at Gun. He will be helping with all things CS, including but not limited to JasonKillsBugs.com

As for Database Login Errors, please continue to submit reports to JKB. This issue is not very widespread and all the details we can find would be incredibly beneficial.

• Like 4

@mattshotcha

thanks for the update!

Do you have any Eta as to when the new hotfix will drop? 

Are we looking at another week or 2 or more?

Lots of great suggestions have been floating around the forums recently also..... I know you guys are busy promoting Layers of Fear 2 and taking care of F13 so it may be a little while before you can respond.......we have tagged you in the areas where we would love your feedback.....

Thanks again for the update.... hope to have it queued up for download soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This goes double from me, @mattshotcha.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha

thanks for the update!

Do you have any Eta as to when the new hotfix will drop? 

Are we looking at another week or 2 or more?

Lots of great suggestions have been floating around the forums recently also..... I know you guys are busy promoting Layers of Fear 2 and taking care of F13 so it may be a little while before you can respond.......we have tagged you in the areas where we would love your feedback.....

All those tags are open as tabs and I'm always combing through. But priority one is getting this roof nonsense sorted out once and for all. We would like to get back on our track of what we're fixing once we do. So cars/knife physics, a second look at balancing, and some other items we've been poking around at. But things are getting back to normal around here and I'll be popping back up more frequently. Thanks for hanging in there and tagging me in. Please do continue to. Even when I don't respond, I use those tags to create tabs to keep them in my active routine.

42 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Forgive me if I save my applause for when it's actually fixed...

Totally understandable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

All those tags are open as tabs and I'm always combing through. But priority one is getting this roof nonsense sorted out once and for all. We would like to get back on our track of what we're fixing once we do. So cars/knife physics, a second look at balancing, and some other items we've been poking around at. But things are getting back to normal around here and I'll be popping back up more frequently. Thanks for hanging in there and tagging me in. Please do continue to. Even when I don't respond, I use those tags to create tabs to keep them in my active routine.

Totally understandable. 

Thanks Matt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

As for Database Login Errors, please continue to submit reports to JKB. This issue is not very widespread and all the details we can find would be incredibly beneficial.

Hey Matt, what kind of details will be useful here? Like time/Date of connection attempt? I can try taking a video of it too, but the database failure is while loading the game not an issue once in game.

ex.

The game is launched, you see the intro videos then get to the screen where it says click to continue and once clicked the screen shows connecting. When it works it will load your user account and then bring you to the main menu screen. When it doesn't connect it will just show connecting for like 30 seconds or so then will say database connection failed. Options are to continue offline or quit. If you quit and reload game a bunch of times it will eventually make the connection, load your account and take you to main menu screen.

The big issue here is if you launch the game first try and get the database connection screen, and do not follow the forums and know you can retry multiple times to get in, you just think the game is down and play something else. The end result is barely anyone is playing right now because of this. Lobbies are taking forever to fill up as only 160 players were playing across all servers last night. I know you guys are concentrated on getting the roof fixed, but when able to get a resource free and need any further help looking at this one let me know and Ill do anything I can to help.

P.S. Really appreciate sharing the extra info on future testing being ramped up. Shows you guys really do still care about this game and are trying to make things better. I'm looking forward to the new patches and testing out and providing bug reports on anything I can find to help make this game better. If both sides stick together, Jason can never die!

Hello, everyone ! I see my request caused a discussion. Yep, I meant the win/kill count required for the PS4 trophies. In any case, he is, because somehow the game considers when it should drop out for 1000 murders, for example. Why not make it visible to everyone in the statistics section

@mattshotcha  Any chance we see this patch early next week? And also thanks for dropping in more often and keeping us informed on the status of the fixes means alot to us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

@mattshotcha  Any chance we see this patch early next week? And also thanks for dropping in more often and keeping us informed on the status of the fixes means alot to us.

Agreed

6 hours ago, lapamivverh said:

Hello, everyone ! I see my request caused a discussion. Yep, I meant the win/kill count required for the PS4 trophies. In any case, he is, because somehow the game considers when it should drop out for 1000 murders, for example. Why not make it visible to everyone in the statistics section

I wish that was possible. :( if it was like an app I would download it in a heartbeat.

Patch notes Upcoming:   "Nothing Fixed just made worse.  Jason's grab remains crap" 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Agreed

I wish that was possible. :( if it was like an app I would download it in a heartbeat.

I think trophy stat tracking is visible on everything but PS4. But still doesn't count any higher than the trophy. PC might count past the achievements. I'm not sure. Anyway it'd be nice but it's a little late for that I think.