@mattshotcha

Xbox One X. After the new patch.

Counselors can get on roofs on any map or up in trees using bear traps.

Set a trap down but, don't set it. Press A and immediately walk away until you see A stay on screen. Go to an area that is level with the trap. When you see the icon HOLD A appear you can teleport to the trap allowing you up on a roof.

You can also teleport the trap into your hand like Thor with his hammer if you see Tap A on screen.

Jason can destroy cars with throwing knives. I did it with part 4 Jason. + destruction and weapon strength.

Counselors can use a dance emote and immediately aim with a flaregun/shotgun to ''slide'' around. Can move in any direction and shoot backwords too. Uses up stamina slowly.

Some rounds are giving 0/7 kills after it is over. Killed everyone in the lobby as Jason on quickplay.

Environmental kill bugs can be random. Giving you extra kills over 8/8. 14/8, 22/8.

Jason has a way to use rage mode to get up on roofs too. Get behind any bed/furniture to mash A near a cabin wall to get the A button to stay on screen. Works like the bear trap bug to get on top of a roof.

Cars can randomly flip over and be destroyed using the X brake. Jason can hit the car and knock it around for a laugh. Counselors can push the car by walking into a car flipped on it's side.

Jason outfit bugs during intro and outro cutscenes. Jason texture bugs during matches. Different Jason's appearing in cutscenes that are not the correct Jason you selected. I often see Savini Jason at the end of a cutscene but that is not the Jason that was selected during the match. I picked retro Jason and got a purple/blue Savini Jason for my outro cutscene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@JPops, I respect that you’ve been absent by your own choice. While I can’t speak for anyone else and I’m still not happy about a number of the bans, I won’t be the one to start it up again if you start posting. If you’ve moved on, good luck with your future endeavours. 

I am still around, Matt has the most up to date information so I dont have too much to share as I am a volunteer outside of Gun and he will have specifics long before I do. I am mostly doing work on the back end these days but I am still here reading your posts and ensuring we maintain a welcoming environment to discuss the game.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Lot of names come and gone.

Such is life.

14 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Either way you want to look at it, Beyond was one of their decisions they needed to help them save face. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to launch a weekly web show revolved around one game that no longer has any future development.

When their next project comes, it's eventually going to come to a point that F13 will be seen as a low priority until they'll feel it won't be a priority any longer. That means less coverage for F13 on Beyond. When you put those pieces together, it's not difficult to see the show is clearly a set up for LOF 2 written all over it.

It was said that Beyond was not limited to just talking about Friday the 13th: The Game. If they eventually stop discussing the game entirely in the future, it is their choice. I've enjoyed each stream, as there's some pretty interesting information in each one. Whatever discussion topics that pop up in the future, I'll continue to enjoy them, as will many others here.

3 hours ago, HiredMerc612 said:

Would be great if you could have the empty slots in private lobbies filled with bots. But I'm not sure if we're getting content updates anymore? 

We're not getting content updates. It's more like bug fixes and balance changes.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:00 PM, mattshotcha said:

Hey gang, expect some news early next week. Tuesday most likely. 

I wanted to get you a status update before the weekend, but it's not firm enough right now to do so.

We're working on sorting out what happened with this patch, but also some of our processes here so that we can minimize this happening again.

As I said, news/status update early next week, fingers crossed with an ETA, but at the least, a status check in.

Thank you Matt!

17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Can’t speak to Ben as he was before my time. Shifty got promoted, Jpops is an Admin on the forum and is still around but has been ‘respectfully’ not posting as it could start a war and end in the forums closing for good. The illfonic guys contract was up they needed to go find work or had found it and needed to move on, it’s unfortunate this game didn’t have the backing of Sony they could have hired enough staff then. Randy used to still check the forums but have not seen him in months.

Matt catches a lot of flack because of this, I should have explained it better to him before lashing out about not posting here, hind sights twenty twenty though. I think he understands a bit better now and he’s doing his job during a tough situation, so I got no problem with him or him getting back to us on Tuesday. 

I think if anyone hasn’t seen it, they should watch Slash n Cast’s video to the devs of Last Year. There’s a lot in there that sums up how it can feel to be an actively participating fan and get shit on for it. 

@SlashNCast, you guys did a good job on the video. 

@mattshotcha, if you haven’t you should give it a watch. We’re good brother, this isn’t about criticizing but I think it could help you understand our end better. 

@JPops, I respect that you’ve been absent by your own choice. While I can’t speak for anyone else and I’m still not happy about a number of the bans, I won’t be the one to start it up again if you start posting. If you’ve moved on, good luck with your future endeavours. 

I would love to be a admin for the forum to keep the trolls and negativity off from posts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Jason has a way to use rage mode to get up on roofs too. Get behind any bed/furniture to mash A near a cabin wall to get the A button to stay on screen. Works like the bear trap bug to get on top of a roof.

Why is this a problem? Needs to stay just in case they don't get the counselors stopped from getting on roofs. If they stop that then there is no reason for Jason to go on roofs. He can't kill from up there unless he's got a ton of throwing knives.He can go hide in the water a lot easier to avoid a kill squad so you can't used that as an excuse.

• Like 1

Disaster Patch. Please fix this.

The Executions are totally broken

Sorry for my english

1 minute ago, Gottaevil said:

Disaster Patch. Please fix this.

The Executions are totally broken

Sorry for my english

This is a known issue and is being worked on by the dev team. Hopefully will be a hotfix coming soon. If you have any video showing the issue please send over to Jasonkillsbugs.com.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2019 at 10:58 PM, alevinacho said:

What is known about the demand for the franchise?

the game was badly made  with a jason thats over powered n has stuff not in the movies  the sad truth i wouldnt pay money for the game its not a true represintation of the movie  but i would go see a new friday movie

59 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

has stuff not in the movies

There is evidence of teleporting or shifting especially in part 8.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

the game was badly made  with a jason thats over powered n has stuff not in the movies  the sad truth i wouldnt pay money for the game its not a true represintation of the movie  but i would go see a new friday movie

If that’s truly how you feel, I have two questions for you:

1. Why are you still playing the game?

2. Why are you an active and contributing member of the game’s official message forum?

If you truly believe what you posted above, you should have left the game and everything related to it. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

If that’s truly how you feel, I have two questions for you:

1. Why are you still playing the game?

2. Why are you an active and contributing member of the game’s official message forum?

If you truly believe what you posted above, you should have left the game and everything related to it. 

Well said sir..well said....👍🏻

4 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Hey buddy if you have some constructive criticism, no one here is against you sharing it (as far as I know). 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

More people need to ask them selves this before posting. Followed by, what they hope to achieve and what it says about them to the community, let alone the pubs/devs? A little self awareness would go a long way, I know it’s the internet and I’m asking a lot of them but they’d feel better if they took two seconds.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Is that a YouTube of a camcorder recording of a tv broadcast? That’s hilarious in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@TimDuke 01  nice find on that straight up Gangster shift by Jason in part 8....that film has some of the best now you see me now you don’t moments compared to all the films...

@Slasher_Clone  ...lol you would be surprised by how many camcorder recordings of something playing on a television there are on YouTube it’s tragic.....

....but here’s a question am I the only one who always gets a good chuckle from watching Julius go the complete opposite direction from where the axe came from...lol 😂 it’s almost like he is thinking “ yep that axe came from the right I am definitely going to look to my left and go that way ....”

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

..but here’s a question am I the only one who always gets a good chuckle from watching Julius go the complete opposite direction from where the axe came from...lol 😂 it’s almost like he is thinking “ yep that axe came from the right I am definitely going to look to my left and go that way ....”

Moments like these make watching movies over and over worthwhile.

• Haha 1

Honestly don't expect anything more than an update about the update today.

We know them all too well at this point.

16 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

No it does NOt i seen that movie and No thats Not teleporting or shiftin as the misinfomed  think  also it may be ilegal to post copyrited images or video from tv stations with out there consent and approval

8 minutes ago, Gottaevil said:

Friday Part 8 and 9.....horrible films. The worst with Jason X 

:chadwut:

I love pt8, but I'm biased as that was the first i saw of the series when it came out on video in 89. Holds a special place in my heart i guess. Nightmares for days. lol

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

No it does NOt i seen that movie and No thats Not teleporting or shiftin as the misinfomed  think  also it may be ilegal to post copyrited images or video from tv stations with out there consent and approval

You do understand the game is translating an idea the fans have debated for years right. How does Jason cut people off or get ahead of them when he mostly walks? Before I’d even seen a Friday movie I can remember my cousins arguing about it. 

It’s a gamification of an idea to make the experience more enjoyable for both sides. If you don’t like Morph don’t use it. Not every part of the game can make everyone happy, there’s always going to be a nit pic here or there but could you try expressing it as one fan to another.  We’re all fans there’s no reason to be an ass. Here’s an example...

The first time I saw Jason Shift while watching a YouTuber it damn near broke my mind. I had been prepared to see a Morph like mechanic in the game (name is still weird) as it would be required to move the killer around in the play area and give the killer the means to defend multiple objectives. Shift on the other hand was such a lovely adaptation of the Evil Dead camera work that I couldn’t wait to try it. It seemed like someone had really gotten into the meat of the franchise, had seen the connections in the two franchises and said hey, our Jason can have abilities from the whole series, we can borrow things that we’ve never seen before in a Friday movie and really give our players a treat. I don’t have to like the name to appreciate the foresight of including Morph, the game would be much harder to do without it.

They originally wanted huge maps where time would be spent going slow and careful, the game itself defeats that idea, you want it to be intense not a nature simulator. A Halloween game would benefit from mechanics that slow it down and maps that are significantly smaller than Friday’s. The powers are a game mechanic, they don’t have to change your head cannon, you can see the story however you want. 

8 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Whatever you want to believe and it's YouTube dude if it violated anything YouTube would have removed it a long time ago it's not my video either. You explain how he gets from one spot to another that fast when you see him do nothing but walk the entire movie.

Update from the Beyond  stream:

For anyone who missed the stream Mattshotcha said the hot fix that will hopefully end the Roof glitching is being retooled by the team and they hope to get it out to certification and us ASAP....

This hot fix will only focus on the actual interaction mechanics  that allow players to gain access to all roof areas around the maps..... they believe that they will have this issue completely buttoned up with this upcoming Hot fix...after play testing  the teams most recent build....

The following patch after the Hot fix  will then address the environmental kills that have not been registering and allowing players to accumulate hundreds of kills per match...

Matt also mentioned the knife throw car glitch and Victoria’s pants also being next on the teams cross hairs....

He also was asked about Jason’s mask hit points and him being easier to kill since the rage buff... and that the team was looking into these as well but they didn’t want to make any changes that were too drastic with Jason’s gameplay...

I wanted to post something in this thread for anyone who hasn’t seen the Beyond Episode and wanted to know where we are with the most recent developments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Update from the Beyond  stream:

Thanks, I for one am glad they’re focusing on one problem. I also got the feeling that they had no intention of letting the bug make it to Switch and that gives me even more confidence in their plan of action. 

They got a lot going on this month and next month but they’re doing good on keeping us informed, with a little help from you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1