Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, makred78 said:

 

Well, they also need to fix the random counselors bug, fix the counselor "sliding" exploit, fix the Pinehurst rainbow blood/sparkle effect, fix the shaky cam during kills, fix the remaining interaction locks, fix the remaining map exploits, fix the out-of-sync intro sound of bots match, fix the pocket knife animation, fix the mixed-up Jason skin appearing in full match and/or outro and fix when sometimes it shows the wrong weapon for Jason in outro. While those glitches/problems are not all affecting gameplay they are still in the game and until they are gone it will not be a glitch free experience.

There is also some out-of-game pc specific problems that are still present after all this time like the video option settings not saving and the mute function not working properly.

Mic issues on PC too, where mic will not work in game. Next game mic will work fine. Usually lose the ability to hear game audio briefly in lobby when this happens. Everything goes like dead silent. Then i go to use my mic and nothing. In next load scene going into match I will have audio back, but still no mic. Its been random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Issues should be fixed, when they can be. It isn’t as simple as that when you’re talking about millions of lines of code. I wish it was.

I think if a game upset me this much I’d quit. I love this game and I had great matches all night without a single cheater. No random Counselor bug or interaction lock (that I’m aware of.) either. Just good games. Earlier today I did get interaction locked, Jason carried me to another Counselor to be fixed and then resumed the hunt. This game can bring out the worst in people but it can also bring out some good. 

Is there an obvious issue with the patch that needs to be fixed, sure... but I don’t think yelling at Matt will make them debug code faster. It doesn’t help us communicate with Gun. or Black Tower. It doesn’t get them to stop treating this place like the child kept in the attic. 

I meant what I said, I don’t mean any disrespect but I do think that the level of anger is misplaced. It isn’t for me to tell you how to feel but I do get to form an opinion about what you express. 

Well said!!

I couldn’t find Anything confusing in this post...😉 

One of the problems is the game provides a Triple A game developer fun factor made by a Non-Triple A developer.... it’s hard to separate why a game that is this fun to play doesn’t have more people able to fix it when there are problems...

people need to understand......

The reason is because it’s an INDY game and that can’t be stressed enough.... this is and has always been a Kickstarter project Indy game... resources are limited... even more now that the game can no long generate revenue with new content...

Yes, there are several issues still and have been present for a while.... the developers are prioritizing the bug fixes to benefit the core game.....and they will eventually get the game where it always should have been.......

it’s just going to take time....if players  are in it for the long haul great !!I know I am, if not and people’s  patience has run it’s course that’s understandable as well...... move on to something else but keep tuning in to see how things are developing around here...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, makred78 said:

 

Well, they also need to fix the random counselors bug, fix the counselor "sliding" exploit, fix the Pinehurst rainbow blood/sparkle effect, fix the shaky cam during kills, fix the remaining interaction locks, fix the remaining map exploits, fix the out-of-sync intro sound of bots match, fix the pocket knife animation, fix the mixed-up Jason skin appearing in full match and/or outro and fix when sometimes it shows the wrong weapon for Jason in outro. While those glitches/problems are not all affecting gameplay they are still in the game and until they are gone it will not be a glitch free experience.

There is also some out-of-game pc specific problems that are still present after all this time like the video option settings not saving and the mute function not working properly.

Won't it be great when they get down to the petty bullshit people complain about? Like the outro or pocket knife animation? It's going to be amazing.  

😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Won't it be great when they get down to the petty bullshit people complain about? Like the outro or pocket knife animation? It's going to be amazing.  

😁

 

I don't see any complains from me in my post, I'm just pointing out the remaining problems that need to be fixed that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 10:52 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

I think that comes down to, some people are good at this game, and some people are not. Throwing us all into the same lobby puts balance all out of whack. Matchups based on level would have went a long way in helping with balance/OP reactions in either direction.. IF someone is 150 and still not good at the game, not much else we can do for them unfortunately.. lol

Totally agree to that one I have tried lately to play with randoms and most of the time they just run around looting cabins hiding under a bed or dancing. When I look at there rank they are usually lowbies. 20 and below.

If I don't complete an objective on my own 8-10 times nothing gets done and we all die or try to live 20 minutes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Totally agree to that one I have tried lately to play with randoms and most of the time they just run around looting cabins hiding under a bed or dancing. When I look at there rank they are usually lowbies. 20 and below.

If I don't complete an objective on my own 8-10 times nothing gets done and we all die or try to live 20 minutes. 

 

Teach them how to play, it’s actually a lot of fun to do. Just run up and start talking with them, be friendly and if you find an objective ask them to help. Most people who are that low level want a buddy to watch their back so it works. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Teach them how to play, it’s actually a lot of fun to do. Just run up and start talking with them, be friendly and if you find an objective ask them to help. Most people who are that low level want a buddy to watch their back so it works.  

I love you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Teach them how to play, it’s actually a lot of fun to do. Just run up and start talking with them, be friendly and if you find an objective ask them to help. Most people who are that low level want a buddy to watch their back so it works. 

LOL thats the other issue no one has or uses their mics in open lobbies hardly ever ever ever. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, Brian76 said:

That statement, pretty much sums up, how we all feel.

Don't presume to speak for the entire player base.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, Liquid Swordsman said:

Those Beyond streams are likely a ploy for LOF 2 anyways because everyone obviously knows that's what their sights are truly set on when they feel they're ready to distance themselves from F13.

The Beyond streams are a clever way to promote their upcoming game. I won't say it's a ploy to distance themselves from this game.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, undrtkr said:

They've always been like this. When a patch is a disaster there is silence for days.

Silence is golden. Letting a bit of time go by before responding is not a bad thing. They need time to assess what's going on and make an appropriate response. Even with that, there will be those who won't want to hear it, because they've been let down one too many times.

36 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Teach them how to play, it’s actually a lot of fun to do. Just run up and start talking with them, be friendly and if you find an objective ask them to help. Most people who are that low level want a buddy to watch their back so it works. 

I do that all the time. When veteran players leave, newer players will eventually take their place. Some of those players need some pointers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can live, and have lived, with a lot of glitches in this game. But the current one with the environmental kills is maddening.
Every. Single. One glitches out.
Had a match tonight where two different kills, in two different cabins, in different parts of the Higgins Haven map left me standing there giving a toast to the counselor instead of throwing them on a hook or ventilating them with a butcher's knife.
If there's one glitch that's going to drive me away from this game until it's fixed, that's it. I despise the whiners who complain about every bug as "game breaking," but this one is as close to that as it gets.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still working towards the Jason kill trophies so I kind of like that glitch. Only get to pay as Jason once every ten games, so it's nice to get a couple more kills in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

LOL thats the other issue no one has or uses their mics in open lobbies hardly ever ever ever. 

 

 

They can still hear you, regardless if they have a mic or not. I have talked to several people that didn't have a mic and coordinated repairs and escapes. It can be done, as long as the person you are trying to communicate with is willing to do something other than hide or have a dance off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They can still hear you, regardless if they have a mic or not. I have talked to several people that didn't have a mic and coordinated repairs and escapes. It can be done, as long as the person you are trying to communicate with is willing to do something other than hide or have a dance off.

Yea i think you nailed it on the head with your last sentence. For the most part I talk whether they respond or not and for the most part I am talking to myself or attempting to talk over someone else. 

I used to not even grab the CB still dont like that part and even though I am complaining about the lack of communication sometimes there is to much and it seems like folks forget Jason can hear them say what and where they are going. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People with mics still refuse to work with you. It all depends on who you run into when in QP. Ive had a guy follow me over to car I drop battery because im Tiff and they are Deb and say here put this in ill watch your back, and they so No! F U. Dont tell me what to do! So im like ok cool, guess im solo this match.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

People with mics still refuse to work with you. It all depends on who you run into when in QP. Ive had a guy follow me over to car I drop battery because im Tiff and they are Deb and say here put this in ill watch your back, and they so No! F U. Dont tell me what to do! So im like ok cool, guess im solo this match.. lol

I truly appreciate players like you who drop key items for the repair counselors.  Drives me crazy when a low repair counselor insists on installing something when a Deb/Eric/AJ, etc. are standing right next to them. However, nothing drives me more mad as a repair counselor than looking for the fuse everywhere and finding out a Buggzy/Vanessa/Tiffany, etc. was holding it the whole match and did nothing with it.  If I play those counselors, I give it to a smarter counselor and show them where the box is if I know.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey gang, expect some news early next week. Tuesday most likely. 

I wanted to get you a status update before the weekend, but it's not firm enough right now to do so.

We're working on sorting out what happened with this patch, but also some of our processes here so that we can minimize this happening again.

As I said, news/status update early next week, fingers crossed with an ETA, but at the least, a status check in.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, Brittany F said:

Hey guys I think all these improvements are great but what about the levels some people lost with the last game problem. I was 88 and got put down to 0 and had to start all over with badges and tapes. 

really dam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to see a patch where fixing one thing does not break (often re-break) another. The worst for me after this patch is having to kill counselors over and over again because environmental kills fail after triggering them. It used to be only once in a while that a counselor would be "dead but not dead." That said, I've gotten a few snickers out of Jason looking like Darth Vader using force choke. I call the image below, "You've disappointed me for the last time, Tiffany." 😉

 

438740_screenshots_20190516224458_1.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The community reps take such a beating around here that they mysteriously vanish over the history of the forum.

Ben left, Shifty soon after, Jpops left too I think, obviously the Illfonic guys after they severed ties with them. Randy apparently no longer works for them.

Lot of names come and gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, Fair Play said:

The Beyond streams are a clever way to promote their upcoming game. I won't say it's a ploy to distance themselves from this game.

Either way you want to look at it, Beyond was one of their decisions they needed to help them save face. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to launch a weekly web show revolved around one game that no longer has any future development.

When their next project comes, it's eventually going to come to a point that F13 will be seen as a low priority until they'll feel it won't be a priority any longer. That means less coverage for F13 on Beyond. When you put those pieces together, it's not difficult to see the show is clearly a set up for LOF 2 written all over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The community reps take such a beating around here that they mysteriously vanish over the history of the forum.

Ben left, Shifty soon after, Jpops left too I think, obviously the Illfonic guys after they severed ties with them. Randy apparently no longer works for them.

Lot of names come and gone.

Can’t speak to Ben as he was before my time. Shifty got promoted, Jpops is an Admin on the forum and is still around but has been ‘respectfully’ not posting as it could start a war and end in the forums closing for good. The illfonic guys contract was up they needed to go find work or had found it and needed to move on, it’s unfortunate this game didn’t have the backing of Sony they could have hired enough staff then. Randy used to still check the forums but have not seen him in months.

Matt catches a lot of flack because of this, I should have explained it better to him before lashing out about not posting here, hind sights twenty twenty though. I think he understands a bit better now and he’s doing his job during a tough situation, so I got no problem with him or him getting back to us on Tuesday. 

I think if anyone hasn’t seen it, they should watch Slash n Cast’s video to the devs of Last Year. There’s a lot in there that sums up how it can feel to be an actively participating fan and get shit on for it. 

@SlashNCast, you guys did a good job on the video. 

@mattshotcha, if you haven’t you should give it a watch. We’re good brother, this isn’t about criticizing but I think it could help you understand our end better. 

@JPops, I respect that you’ve been absent by your own choice. While I can’t speak for anyone else and I’m still not happy about a number of the bans, I won’t be the one to start it up again if you start posting. If you’ve moved on, good luck with your future endeavours. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great if you could have the empty slots in private lobbies filled with bots. But I'm not sure if we're getting content updates anymore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...