1 minute ago, Sirwaigs said:

@Somethin Cool I wish I could believe that they are almost there, but after 2 years and now this much anticipated release, cheaters can still get on the roof using the exact same method they used prior to the patch.  In my mind that is just another massive fail on behalf of the Development Team and the Testers. I have 0% confidence they will be able to resolve this issue by plugging holes.  I share you concern re the car/knife thing, but maybe when they release a Instant death option for the roof they could try something crazy like …. Test it!  Once I again, I am a software tester myself and if I let something like this go through to production I would have lost my job.   

Trap rubber banding is a fairly new method for getting on rooftops. The other methods have been patched. Therefore the most likely reason it's still there is because they just didn't know about it in time to patch it out.

The bad side is that it's so easy to do that anyone can do it. And like I said that's about all they have left. Which is undoubtedly why so many glitchers are doing it. 

I get that it should have been tested better. But given the differences between private matches and dedicated servers, I can understand why everything looked good during testing and then went to shit on release.

• Like 1

So why don't they do public PC beta testing servers before releasing patches live? Wouldn't that have solved a lot of issues with this patch and previous patches that fail to fix things? You guys need something like that because this patch is honestly embarrassing on your alls part. I get console beta testing is impossible but it's possible to do on PC. 

• Thanks 1

If I was these F13 Developer guys it's simple do like your fanbase (me). Get a few cases of beer for the weekend, smokes too. Gather a party of at least 4-5 people party up, set preference to Counselors. Now you have a kill squad. Go see how people are playing. Get ready for the laughs, and the depression. Break out the STREAM, and take notes. After one weekend you'll have enough work for you and black house all weekday long. (probably a month if I'm being honest. Next weekend buy some more cases of beer. Gonna need it :)

MY CREW did the work week for you free of charge bud @mattshotcha

1. FIX ALL ROOF GLITCHES (PACKANACK & PINEHURST ARE THE BIGGEST OFFENDERS)
2. PUT BACK IN ALL OF VICTORIA'S PANTS WITH THE NEW ASS, NOT ONLY 1 SET OF PANTS (BLUE) (you literally half assed it!)
3. FIX JASON GETTING ON THE ROOF TOO (BUT ONLY IF YOU CAN COMPLETE 1.)
4. FIX THE BUGGED ENVIRONMENTAL KILLS (I DO LIKE GETTING OVER 10 KILLS BUT ITS A BAD BUG)
5. RANDOM BUG GETTING YOUR COUNSELOR OUT BENEATH OF THE BED, WHEN HIDDEN UNDER BED
ALSO HAS A CAMERA GLITCH
6. PACKANACK WINDOW CLOSEST TO BACK PORCH GETS COUNSELOR STUCK IF THE CRAWL THROUGH IT
ALSO HAS A CAMERA GLITCH
7. JASON KNIVES STILL CAN DESTROY CARS
8. JASONS COMBAT STANCE CANCELS SENSE AND STALK EARLY WHEN USED
9. CAN NO LONGER PLAY TOMMY AND PAMELA TAPES
10. RANDOM COUNSELOR BUG/GLITCH (GAME PICKS A COUNSELOR RANDOMLY THAT YOU DIDN'T SELECT)
11. PINEHURST (FIX THAT RAINBOW NON-SENSE @ MAIN HOUSE AND DURING KILLS BLOOD IS REPLACED WITH SPARKLES!)

CHEERS!!!! EVERY GUY LIKES BEER AND/OR SMOKES SO DON'T GIVE ME THAT YOUR PLAN WON'T WORK NON-SENSE. BEER IS THE ANSWER BROTHER!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

A few of the glitches look the same. But the ways that they're accomplishing them keep changing.

@Somethin Cool  But as you said, "the ways they're accomplishing them keeps changing", hence they will keep finding new glitches you, I and the Developers are not aware of.  Make the roof a place of death and the problem is solved for good.

1 minute ago, Sirwaigs said:

@Somethin Cool  But as you said, "the ways they're accomplishing them keeps changing", hence they will keep finding new glitches you, I and the Developers are not aware of.  Make the roof a place of death and the problem is solved for good.

Lol you and the devs maybe. I seriously doubt there are any that I won't be aware of right away. But as far as the roof glitch goes they're really running out of ways to do it. Rubber banding is all that's left. 

2 hours ago, JustinX said:

FIX JASON GETTING ON THE ROOF TOO

They don't need to if they fix 1.No need for him to go up there if they fix that.It's of really no tactical advantage other than to chase off glitchers.If fact as a counselor and you can't get up there,you'd want him up there so he cant kill you.LOL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You owe Matt an apology, not a thank you. I’m not going to quote your posts from the last couple of days but you know it’s the right thing to do at this point. 

While you’re right, we can all get a little upset when things don’t land but not all of us have been quite as upset as you have been. Wether you say your sorry is up to you but this place could use more members who aren’t just here to vent. I’d like to continue taking your concerns seriously but it hasn’t been easy this week.

Thanks

Apology? I expressed my concerns with this patch and lack of timely response that was well warranted. Not sure what you are getting at here. I want shit fixed just as much as the next guy, but when I have an off feeling about things I'm going to let it be know. That's just me. Sorry if that rubbed anyone the wrong way. If there is no standard to be held to things will just fall apart even more. Just sayin..

Is killing someone hiding under a bed glitched now more than before? The last couple sessions I’ve been in the Jason has not been able to get these two counselors hiding underneath beds. I know it glitches sometimes but these Jasons are trying to do the button prompt but their Jason was just twitching without doing the motion. Worked on a bed no one was hiding under. Made me wonder if that was broken now too in addition to environment kills.

I haven't seen this. I was killed under a bed the other night actually(was hiding while had to answer phone call from wife.. lol). In past when bed was glitched you would usually see the person sticking out. Either just standing there in bed, or laying on top. Did you see anything out of the norm, or just the missing action press?

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I haven't seen this. I was killed under a bed the other night actually(was hiding while had to answer phone call from wife.. lol). In past when bed was glitched you would usually see the person sticking out. Either just standing there in bed, or laying on top. Did you see anything out of the norm, or just the missing action press?

Well I didn’t see anything abnormal like I usually do when it’s glitched....but I was just spectating so it may have looked that way to Jason. I just know they had the prompt to kill but it wouldn’t go through. Looked different than it normally does when he’s struggling to get a glitched counselor.

1 hour ago, gmintz09 said:

Is killing someone hiding under a bed glitched now more than before? The last couple sessions I’ve been in the Jason has not been able to get these two counselors hiding underneath beds. I know it glitches sometimes but these Jasons are trying to do the button prompt but their Jason was just twitching without doing the motion. Worked on a bed no one was hiding under. Made me wonder if that was broken now too in addition to environment kills.

@mattshotcha ☝️

in case you want to run it up the chain if it hasn’t been reported yet.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:42 PM, mattshotcha said:

As discussed on BEYOND, this patch is coming in as soon as it completes the process. The patch is rolling out to certification now and should be on it's way to players soon. Keep an eye out here for the date, or on our social media channels.

EDIT 1: The patch is now live on Steam, rolling out on PS4, and on the way shortly on Xbox One. 

PATCH NOTES:

GENERAL & FINE TUNING

• Various Quality of Life fixes implemented to the Virtual Cabin 2.0.
  • Removed helium from various floating objects on all maps.
  • Resolved an issue with environmental kills not displaying on Higgins Haven Small.
  • Fixed an issue with the Emote user interface. Dance like nobody's watching…
  • Various Quality of Life fixes for Menu items.

ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION

• Resolved multiple issues that allowed players to reach rooftops on all maps.
  • Resolved multiple issues that allowed players to reach areas that Jason could not reach on all maps.
  • Made areas where players were stuck less sticky.
  • Fixed an issue where the Shift ability would allow Jason on rooftops.
  • Cars no longer damage players through walls.
  • Fixes applied to prevent counselors from parking the car and blocking Jason from reaching them.

INTERACTION LOCKS  
    Corrected several scenarios that caused players to suffer an interaction lock including:

COUNSELOR:

• During bear trap deployment or interaction.
  • While performing blocks.
  • While weapon swapping.
  • While weapon swapping and entering combat stance.
  • During small item use.
  • While dropping items.
  • After using the map.
  • After aiming the flare gun or shotgun.
  • Dodging while dropping a weapon.

JASON:

• When shifting and interacting with items, environment, or counselors.
  • When shifting into water. (He really wasn’t a good swimmer.)

JASON SPECIFIC CHANGES

• Using the sweater to stun Jason while he is already down will not activate the next phase of the kill progression, and will not allow players to kneel him directly from the down state. This was an unintended effect where players were able to stun a stunned Jason, leading to the Tommy Jarvis kill on Jason.
  • Fixed an issue where Jason shifting to avoid the sweater stun animation still allowed counselors to bring him to his knees without the stun.

The Packanack roof glitch is still active. I was just in a game where 2 people was on the roof. Also there is a glitch where you get stuck when you climb out the side window next to the camp fire on packanack main house. This is ridiculous 

50 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It sounds like they’re hard at work on one, let’s try and give them a bit of time.

Lmao! More time?!? No disrespect towards you at all!  After 2 years of patches, that have ended poorly, with more mistakes...UNACCEPTABLE...no more excuses!! Enough is enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian76 said:

Lmao! More time?!? No disrespect towards you at all!  After 2 years of patches, that have ended poorly, with more mistakes...UNACCEPTABLE...no more excuses!! Enough is enough!

Hey man, you can quit anytime you want, acting like spoiled children isn’t likely to make them listen. 

Edit - no disrespect, just a figure of speech.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Spoiled? Not the case. These issues should’ve been fixed by now. You disagree? 

Issues should be fixed, when they can be. It isn’t as simple as that when you’re talking about millions of lines of code. I wish it was.

I think if a game upset me this much I’d quit. I love this game and I had great matches all night without a single cheater. No random Counselor bug or interaction lock (that I’m aware of.) either. Just good games. Earlier today I did get interaction locked, Jason carried me to another Counselor to be fixed and then resumed the hunt. This game can bring out the worst in people but it can also bring out some good. 

Is there an obvious issue with the patch that needs to be fixed, sure... but I don’t think yelling at Matt will make them debug code faster. It doesn’t help us communicate with Gun. or Black Tower. It doesn’t get them to stop treating this place like the child kept in the attic. 

I meant what I said, I don’t mean any disrespect but I do think that the level of anger is misplaced. It isn’t for me to tell you how to feel but I do get to form an opinion about what you express. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Spoiled? Naah man.... not at all. These issues should’ve been fixed by now. You disagree? 

Lol trap rubber banding just went mainstream recently. How do you expect them to fix a problem if they don't know about it?

To be honest they deserve some credit for all the things they did fix. Counselors will no longer be glitching through walls with pocket knives. Most of the map exploits are gone. Once they get trap rubber banding taken care of, fix the enviro kills, fix Jason's delayed fighting mechanics, and fix the car falling through the map from throwing knives, everyone will be able to enjoy a glitch free camping experience. 

• Like 1

Maybe a rollback would be a better idea and quicker fix to most of the new problems while they are working in the new patch.

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Once they get trap rubber banding taken care of, fix the enviro kills, fix Jason's delayed fighting mechanics, and fix the car falling through the map from throwing knives, everyone will be able to enjoy a glitch free camping experience. 

Well, they also need to fix the random counselors bug, fix the counselor "sliding" exploit, fix the Pinehurst rainbow blood/sparkle effect, fix the shaky cam during kills, fix the remaining interaction locks, fix the remaining map exploits, fix the out-of-sync intro sound of bots match, fix the pocket knife animation, fix the mixed-up Jason skin appearing in full match and/or outro and fix when sometimes it shows the wrong weapon for Jason in outro. While those glitches/problems are not all affecting gameplay they are still in the game and until they are gone it will not be a glitch free experience.

There is also some out-of-game pc specific problems that are still present after all this time like the video option settings not saving and the mute function not working properly.

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol trap rubber banding just went mainstream recently. How do you expect them to fix a problem if they don't know about it?

To be honest they deserve some credit for all the things they did fix. Counselors will no longer be glitching through walls with pocket knives. Most of the map exploits are gone. Once they get trap rubber banding taken care of, fix the enviro kills, fix Jason's delayed fighting mechanics, and fix the car falling through the map from throwing knives, everyone will be able to enjoy a glitch free camping experience. 

Yeah, all that's missing from a glitch free experience is fixes for the existing glitches they hadn't solved because they didn't know how, and fixes to the glitches they created unawares while they were fixing other bugs. Easy Peasy.

Well if you’re not going to bother quoting the part you’re confused about, you’ll just have to live in ignorance. 

To my anonymous reactor.

PS. Seems I hurt their lovers feelings.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1