Jump to content

Recommended Posts

They've always been like this. When a patch is a disaster there is silence for days. Seen it more times than I can count since the beginning of this game. Sigh. I was really hoping the new devs could pull some miracle and actually turn this game around. It's obvious to me now how horrible this code must be. I am a programmer but not for games. I program control systems like Crestron and AMX. I've had the misfortune many times in my 15 year career of trying to fix code with a plethora of bugs for a new client that was fed up with the old vendor because they couldn't fix their own code. On the rare occasion that the code is so bad it's easier for me to just start over and write it completely from scratch. Of course games are 100000 times more complicated so re-writing is not an option. But at this point I've had to face the fact that this game will never be mostly bug free.

I just don't want to play this game anymore. I try and try to get into it because this game CAN be fun but QP is absolutely not fun with all the roof glitchers. It's not even fun playing against bots when sense cancels while going into combat stance. Is this a bug or was it intentional? If it is a bug how the hell does it suddenly break after all this time? I don't recall it EVER breaking in a previous patch before. If it was intentional then WTF? How could ANYONE at gun or the development team think that was a good idea because IT IS NOT! No one is praising that decision if it was intentional and if it was why the hell is it not in the patch notes.

Really getting sick and tired of this. None of my friends I used to play this game with on a regular basis play it anymore. They refuse because of all of the bugs and glitches that crop up every single god damn patch. I'm seriously considering uninstalling this game and walking away. That makes me very very sad.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

They've always been like this. When a patch is a disaster there is silence for days. Seen it more times than I can count since the beginning of this game. Sigh. I was really hoping the new devs could pull some miracle and actually turn this game around. It's obvious to me now how horrible this code must be. I am a programmer but not for games. I program control systems like Crestron and AMX. I've had the misfortune many times in my 15 year career of trying to fix code with a plethora of bugs for a new client that was fed up with the old vendor because they couldn't fix their own code. On the rare occasion that the code is so bad it's easier for me to just start over and write it completely from scratch. Of course games are 100000 times more complicated so re-writing is not an option. But at this point I've had to face the fact that this game will never be mostly bug free.

I just don't want to play this game anymore. I try and try to get into it because this game CAN be fun but QP is absolutely not fun with all the roof glitchers. It's not even fun playing against bots when sense cancels while going into combat stance. Is this a bug or was it intentional? If it is a bug how the hell does it suddenly break after all this time? I don't recall it EVER breaking in a previous patch before. If it was intentional then WTF? How could ANYONE at gun or the development team think that was a good idea because IT IS NOT! No one is praising that decision if it was intentional and if it was why the hell is it not in the patch notes.

Really getting sick and tired of this. None of my friends I used to play this game with on a regular basis play it anymore. They refuse because of all of the bugs and glitches that crop up every single god damn patch. I'm seriously considering uninstalling this game and walking away. That makes me very very sad.

 

Sad, but true.

All of it.

Like a broken record really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know no one wants to hop in and make a comment because they know they will get blasted for the shitty patch, but that's part of the business. You deliver shitty results you get shitty feedback. At least save face and say hey sorry things are still shitty, but we are working on them and leave it at that. The cold shoulder of ignoring totally is just maddening to me...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 8:30 PM, DontZzz34 said:

What does GUN have to say about this patch not working? I’m really disappointed that this game is still filled with bugs/glitches even after being told things were fixed in this patch. What’s going on? @mattshotcha

The team is combing through what has been reported since the patch rolled out and we're investigating each case. We're not only looking at what has been reported as a new issue or regression, but also any problem areas where the patch should have fixed an issue, but it is still being seen/reported. It will take a day or two to have a more detailed update than that, but we're looking into it as quickly as possible.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, camp_voorhees said:

matt the conformation is the amount of angry people telling you it is not fixed why would we lie

I wasn't accusing anyone of lying. I wanted evidence to identify if it was the method fixed so that I could take that back to the team to look at it. I need the evidence to make the case as well. 

On 5/9/2019 at 10:13 PM, Armani? said:

I know not a lot people do this, but there's a bug in the game for hiding under the bed. 

Sometimes your camera will get stuck under the bed and your character will leave on their own randomly, and you can't see anything but their feet until you try moving them away and you can't see them anymore. Even had one time where I was somehow invisible to Jason slashing me. I was right by the bed lol

@mattshotcha

I believe this has been reported, but I will ping it to the team again.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:56 AM, SirMang said:

I played like a half dozen games, I literally noticed nothing changed. 

In my first game, I was on the Packanack Roof, rubber band method.  I went to bots for my second game and let them beat on me, rage prompt method, on the roof. 

Played 4 games with a friend after that and absolutely nothing was different.  I didn't play as Victoria to confirm if her ass is now 1.5gb bigger though and didn't see one in any of my lobbies unfortunately. 

So what exactly was in this patch?  Serious question. 

We're looking into the patch and identifying what went wrong. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:36 AM, Survival said:

It takes 15 seconds to literally Google dozens of videos and instructions about how to get currently on the roof... no one thought of doind that to see how people get there? I mean what exactly have they been doing for 4 months? The old glitches are still there and nothing of importance seems to have been changed.

EDIT: Okay I see the patch notes, some good stuff in there though I just managed to not get killed twice, even though the death animation played out, and somehow reached the cop cars and end of the map, could move freely over there.

Death animation issue is under review and investigation.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:18 AM, ChaosLordWesker said:

How many patches that change nothing are we gonna get?

Was any play testing done for this last update?

Does Gun do playtesting at all?

There is always testing with our patches. What went on here was definitely a misstep but we're investigating righting the ship, as well as ways to limit this type of misstep in the future.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

But this was a hotfix... 😜

No, this was a patch. We will be looking to submit a fix as soon as possible, outside of our planned patching schedule.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, camp_voorhees said:

Plenty of video and screen shot proof going around and still no comments from the devs come on matt you were doing so good . Don't mean to sound like an ass but this as got to be fixed..

While I wasn't present in the discussions over the weekend, I assure that all the information has been reported to the team and we're looking into it. I will not have a status update for another day at least, though. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, tyrant666 said:

Companies/devs that probably would have these maps fixed by now.

Valve

EA

Ubisoft

Sakurai of Smash Bros

The dev team behind Goldeneye Source

Capcom

LJN

On and on

Sure, because we're the size of Valve, EA, Ubisoft, etc. I understand this is a tough situation, but with a team of this size, turnaround time is going to take a little more time than some of these massive companies. That does unfortunately leave us all in limbo at times like this while the crew works on things. I will have a status update as soon as we possibly can.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:15 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

@mattshotcha

Environmental kills are now bugged after the new patch on Xbox One X.

Environmental kills will add to your kill count and not kill the counselor.

Some kills can't be interacted with anymore. All maps.

 

Jason can't be knocked to his knees and killed if he is on a hill. Must be on flat ground.

 

Visual bugs inside cabins and beds glitching out.

 

Jason interaction lock bug while breaking down cabin doors with A.

 

Counselors can get trapped in the driver seat of a car after Jason breaks it.

A is stuck on screen to start the car again. Can't exit the car unless Jason pulls the counselor out.

Reported these to the team for investigation. I do not, unfortunately have an update yet.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Still crickets. Just says they are OK with pushing out a more bugged game and couldn't care less. A real shame. Has anyone seen any comment out there on any of there other social platforms? I can't think of any other business completely ignoring their product like this in all of my life. Its just crazy to think that they think this is good for business. Oh well. Maybe its time to hang em up..

I don't know that it's time to "hang em up" as that's a bit serious talk for what is going on here. The weekend was a bit of a scramble, but as I said earlier in this reply, I have no update just yet. The team is hammering away and I should have an update tomorrow, even if it is a smaller status update for you all. The patch did not go as planned and that is definitely something we're reviewing, both as issues with the game, and the process. But I don't think anyone deserves to be hanged for it.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:40 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Is a patch roll back in the cards??? More and more shit bugs being found in this new patch with nothing else actually fixed that is said to have been fixed. @mattshotcha

With the transition and subsequent work put into the game to sort through some existing issues, a rollback is not ideal. Better to work forward, as much as that seems counter intuitive. 

21 hours ago, Armani? said:

I keep getting stuck/glitched in between things.  

 

This time at Packanack, jumped out the window and ended halfway stuck in the wall. Jason grabbed me and killed me🤨

@mattshotcha

This has been noted and is on the list for investigation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

No, this was a patch. We will be looking to submit a fix as soon as possible, outside of our planned patching schedule.

It was said on stream that it was put in as a hotfix to get it out to us faster and the size was only 1.5gb so I figured it was much. But i don't think what it is called really matters as much as getting things right. Glad to finally here you guys are working to get things resolved outside of the regular patch schedule. Hope to see something soon. Thanks.

p.s. my hang em up comment was referring to myself and playing this game, like deciding to retire it for a bit(def wasn't talking about physical harm on anyother person, thats not my style). Its a tuff go right now with the old issues along with the new. Hope it gets all sorted out and thanks for popping in with an update, i know thats usually the toughest part as we get a little crazy, so thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha thank you for the response!

 

Edit: I dont comprehend the laugh react to my response if you are that immature then so be it but I am here to support the game not belittle it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

@mattshotcha thank you for the response!

 

Edit: I dont comprehend the laugh react to my response if you are that immature then so be it but I am here to support the game not belittle it.

I appreciate the response too, but guessing some are a little irritated on the time we sat in silence until we got one. I know I was. Nothing much we can do about it. Still hoping over here to get a clean game with all major issues gone. Ill have some beers to cheers around for everyone on that day... 🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Hope it gets all sorted out and thanks for popping in with an update, i know thats usually the toughest part as we get a little crazy, so thank you.

You owe Matt an apology, not a thank you. I’m not going to quote your posts from the last couple of days but you know it’s the right thing to do at this point. 

While you’re right, we can all get a little upset when things don’t land but not all of us have been quite as upset as you have been. Wether you say your sorry is up to you but this place could use more members who aren’t just here to vent. I’d like to continue taking your concerns seriously but it hasn’t been easy this week.

Thanks

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response @mattshotcha I think we’re all happy to hear a response. There’s a number of us that really wants to see these glitches/bugs come to an end with this game. You guys made an amazing game. With no new content coming out, we at least deserve to have a bug free game. I wanna say this in the nicest most respectful way possible, I hope you guys start working on these bugs ASAP and come through with your word when you say you’re going to fix things. There’s still plenty of player base to make happy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I appreciate the response too, but guessing some are a little irritated on the time we sat in silence until we got one. I know I was. Nothing much we can do about it. Still hoping over here to get a clean game with all major issues gone. Ill have some beers to cheers around for everyone on that day... 🍻

People assume this company is a AAA dev team when they arent so yeah mistakes happen and we shouldnt dog them for it.

 

Edit: if you gonna laugh react atleast respond instead of hiding just saying.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These issues should’ve been fixed in 6 months after release, at the earliest. Yet after 2yrs, the same problems are there, with newer ones? What should your fan base think?!? Later updates, more of a broken game? That told me a lot. Yes, they tried to get a good patch out or proclaimed that. With what was stated and was presented...two different things.  No matter what your company rank this is....UNACCEPTABLE!! These issues should’ve been fixed! It’s still the norm to say that it’s ok to accept that?!? Come on...smh. 🙄

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

These issues should’ve been fixed in 6 months after release, at the earliest. Yet after 2yrs, the same problems are there, with newer ones? What should your fan base think?!? Later updates, more of a broken game? That told me a lot. Yes, they tried to get a good patch out or proclaimed that. With what was stated and was presented...two different things.  No matter what your company rank this is....UNACCEPTABLE!! These issues should’ve been fixed! It’s still the norm to say that it’s ok to accept that?!? Come on...smh. 🙄

A few of the glitches look the same. But the ways that they're accomplishing them keep changing. That's why it seems like they're not getting fixed. And the original coding apparently sucks which would be why every time they fix a bug it makes a new one. But it's way too late to change that so they have to release a patch then go back and hot fix whatever new bugs pop up.

You're going to see an increase in roof glitching because that's about all they've got left. Jarvis porch and a lot of other glitches are patched. Black Tower has done in a few patches what illfonic never could. I'm sure they'll get it all sorted out as soon as they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean he said this patch was tested, so I assume Matt you actually tested this patch? If everything was indeed working before patch went live what on earth could've caused everything in the patch not to work? So in testing before the patch went public everything was fixed, but when patch went live it broke everything? Hmm... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question. Why wasn’t this patch tested before releasing it?? There’s no way it could have actually been properly tested when everyone sees all the issues within minutes of playing. I don’t get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I mean he said this patch was tested, so I assume Matt you actually tested this patch? If everything was indeed working before patch went live what on earth could've caused everything in the patch not to work? So in testing before the patch went public everything was fixed, but when patch went live it broke everything? Hmm... 

You're talking small scale vs large scale. Some of it (Jason fighting mechanics being delayed) could be dependant on the load from the servers. The enviros seem to work fine in private matches. I'm sure that's where their testing takes place. I messed around in private matches seeing what they actually fixed and didn't notice any negative problems from the patch until I went into QP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're going to see an increase in roof glitching because that's about all they've got left. Jarvis porch and a lot of other glitches are patched.

Glad someone else noticed that some of the things in the patch seem to be working, like not shoving people through walls when they have a Pk. 

I’m sure their working on the rubber banding with the traps now, so it really is only a matter of time, people are over reacting just a little. I’m not saying that they should use how we react to gauge how bad shit is, but you know... maybe they should, lol. 😊

The rest of the thread should just step back a bit and see what progress has been made, it might not feel like a huge amount but it has been towards a better experience, not a worst one. 

PS. You’ll still be finding tricks, I’m sure about that too. 

14 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're talking small scale vs large scale. Some of it (Jason fighting mechanics being delayed) could be dependant on the load from the servers. The enviros seem to work fine in private matches. I'm sure that's where their testing takes place. I messed around in private matches seeing what they actually fixed and didn't notice any negative problems from the patch until I went into QP.

This is the answer and it’s fairly obvious, Matt even alludes to it above.

I was writing my response when I got a notification that’s why there’s two in one, I forgot to hit post, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is the answer and it’s fairly obvious, Matt even alludes to it above.

I was writing my response when I got a notification that’s why there’s two in one, I forgot to hit post, lol.

Don't get me wrong QP is pretty bad. I ended up dying as Jason yesterday because the fighting mechanics are so bad. Although it still took 5 counselors surrounding me to get my mask off. Lol they were apparently tired of getting slashed by me when I was Jason. But grab kills are so buggy that I wasn't taking any chances. Still not to thrilled about falling to a Deborah sweater girl. That's never happened to me before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just posted this on the Jason Kills Bugs site:

 

Guys seriously?  Update to specifically fix the rooftop bug and within minutes people are back on the roof.

Solution.  Rather that trying to plug all the holes in this bug, simply make the roof surface instant death.  If someone steps anywhere on the rooftop their character instantly dies.  If they do stick around until the end of game, the cause of death should show as “Cheated”.

No one goes on the roof by “accident” so no collateral damage.

By doing this you no longer need to (unsuccessfully) plug holes in the roof glitch.

 

As a software tester myself I can’t believe how bad the testers must be.  But this solution is an easy fix.  Then it doesn’t matter if there are 1,000,000 ways onto the roof, you don’t have to plug the holes, just let the cheaters die.

 

I REALLY hope a moderator reads this and passes it on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sirwaigs said:

I just posted this on the Jason Kills Bugs site:

 

Guys seriously?  Update to specifically fix the rooftop bug and within minutes people are back on the roof.

Solution.  Rather that trying to plug all the holes in this bug, simply make the roof surface instant death.  If someone steps anywhere on the rooftop their character instantly dies.  If they do stick around until the end of game, the cause of death should show as “Cheated”.

No one goes on the roof by “accident” so no collateral damage.

By doing this you no longer need to (unsuccessfully) plug holes in the roof glitch.

 

As a software tester myself I can’t believe how bad the testers must be.  But this solution is an easy fix.  Then it doesn’t matter if there are 1,000,000 ways onto the roof, you don’t have to plug the holes, just let the cheaters die.

 

I REALLY hope a moderator reads this and passes it on.

They're down to only one way to glitch onto the roof. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel when they're this close.

Also they made the roof and the hood of the car cause instant death. I'm not a hundred percent sure if this is the cause, but shortly after they did that Jason was able to send cars through the map with throwing knives. Can you imagine how bad it would be if Jason was able to do that with an entire cabin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Somethin Cool I wish I could believe that they are almost there, but after 2 years and now this much anticipated release, cheaters can still get on the roof using the exact same method they used prior to the patch.  In my mind that is just another massive fail on behalf of the Development Team and the Testers. I have 0% confidence they will be able to resolve this issue by plugging holes.  I share you concern re the car/knife thing, but maybe when they release a Instant death option for the roof they could try something crazy like …. Test it!  Once I again, I am a software tester myself and if I let something like this go through to production I would have lost my job.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...