Did the removal of Team Killing make the game better?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did the removal of Team Killing make the game better?

2. 2. Did the changes to Rage make the game better?

This is a two part poll. Make your choices, and give your views.

• Thanks 1

Team killing being taken out made the game better.  Team killing was a huge problem in QP.  Plus if you actually miss it or liked it, you can just do private matches to still experience it. 

The Rage change?  No opinion.  It made people go all out to kill Jason even faster, we're talking matches where he's dead in 5 minutes.  But if you're in a lobby of noobs or the Jason is a noob himself and makes it to Rage, it makes it easier for the Jason to just plow through people.  So in one sense better, another worse. 

I would have answered the poll but it forced me to answer both, and as you can see I don't have a yes or no for the Rage question. 

I wasn’t playing this game when team killing was a thing but I’m sure it was annoying to deal with. The game is better off without it. 

The rage buff is a step in the right direction, I like the rage buff but think it still needs some slight adjustments. I like that lobbies can no longer team up together in their groups and beat on Jason the entire game. 

I answered yes to both questions

1) Yes. Team killing was (and to an extent, hello car bumper still is) a hell of an issue. You never made it more then an hour before you were in a game where some asshole started attacking you for some ridiculous reason. It made sense for realism to have it, but people are awful so we can't have nice things.

2) No. I've been fairly vocal about my position on this. In short though, it solved non of the core issues that bothered me, while making it unnecessarily difficult to survive. I haven't played in sometime because of this change. It ended up killing alot of the fun for me.

14 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

1) Yes. Team killing was (and to an extent, hello car bumper still is) a hell of an issue. You never made it more then an hour before you were in a game where some asshole started attacking you for some ridiculous reason. It made sense for realism to have it, but people are awful so we can't have nice things.

2) No. I've been fairly vocal about my position on this. In short though, it solved non of the core issues that bothered me, while making it unnecessarily difficult to survive. I haven't played in sometime because of this change. It ended up killing alot of the fun for me.

What makes you think it’s unnecessarily difficult to survive with the new rage buff? 

@SirMang, I adjusted the choices for the poll. Now you can choose how you honestly feel.

@DontZzz34, team killing was a nightmare for quite a few people.

@thrawn3054, we've lost the potential for a lot of nice things. If you don't mind my asking, what have you been playing in the meantime?

I have a feeling this topic will open up some pretty healthy debates. I look forward to seeing what the members have to say overall.

• Like 2

@DontZzz34 I've had plenty of games where cops are called I'm the last one left headed that way. With an enraged Jason on my ass. Before it wasn't a big deal. I could fight back. Jason had to be crafty to get me. Now one mistake and I'm dead. Ironically I've actually survived more since the change. Not due to my teammates, who seem more inept than ever. I guess it took the reward for being clever away from both sides to me.

@Fair Play I went back and played some Skyrim. Mostly I've been playing DbD. I've enjoyed the irony of how many of the same issues that game faces. That and the challenge to actually become decent at the game.

• Like 1

You know I do not like the Rage change because I sucked as a counselor before and now it is even harder for me to survive. On the other hand it gives Jason an upper hand when dealing with bully squads. 50/50 for me.

Change is good, when its done right.

Change, through unintentional and intentional means...made the game more wonky and less fluid as the updates went on. Combine that with the hacks and glitches on both sides that seemingly never, ever get fully fixed (or at all) and you have the discontent that caused many around here to either be banned or stop posting all together and the nearly 20,000 playerbase on PC drop to an average of maybe 500 on a good weekend.

Jason took more of the nerf of this than counselor.

Things they took away/changed from Jason

- Body blocking - Counselors couldn't free others in grasp if Jason had has back in front of them

- Friendly fire killing the grabbed counselor, so you had to be more careful when trying to free counselors when Jason grabbed them

- Fluid window combat because people didn't understand that combat stance would break certain windows...so they complained and as a result...force shield/prompt windows

- Combat stance blocking flare guns

- If I recall, Jason had temporary immunity frames after a stun or a pocket knife early on so chain stunning wasn't really what it became later when it could be timed and he couldn't do anything about it

- Trap stacking...While you can still legally trap some objectives with multiple traps that counselors have to tank or use a knife on...originally Jason could put multiple traps on top of one another, getting counselors killed far more frequently...after much complaining and the devs feeling it was a cheat...they removed it...even though I was indifferent to this, it was another thing they removed from Jason's arsenal...add in medic, thick skin and hypo and traps ended up becoming nothing more than Jason alarms anyway without a buff

- His grab - Was changed allegedly because they didn't think Jason used enough 'force' when he grabbed them...before you could grab on a wider angle, but now its more centered and more painful if you miss...before you could play more loose with an angled shift grab, not so much now

- Force Grab - Perhaps one of the biggest complaints from the early days of the game...Jason had a huge reach with the old grab...the devs alleged this was a bug...eventually they nerfed it so much that he literally couldn't grab anything in front of him...then they altered it slightly...then they changed it to the new grab animation we have today

- Combat Stance Blocking - Was slowed down from what it was at one point

If im missing any, feel free to add them. Counselor side has mostly remained unchanged minus some exploits, while others still remain.

People whine about groups of people beating on Jason.

The funny thing is grabbing a counselor using that counselor as a meat shield was a hard counter to getting jumped by a gang of people because you could use your living shield to tank all their weapon shots.

But that made counselors complain that Jason was too hard to ki...I mean it made it too hard to escape Jason.  So it had to go.

Also remember it took Gun a whole year just to admit Jason Part 7 was sub par. 

Thumbs up for both! Both features made the game better but I am not Opposed to tweaks to either feature....

I hated team killing when it was in. I always remembered some guy playing Adam while i was playing Chad the lad who just came up to me with a machete and attempted to murder me, no warning so i ran and games like that happened quite a lot where Jason's were getting about 4 kills because the rest were killing each other.

I have enjoyed the rage buff as i have felt that Jason needs to feel more... Jason like, now he brushes off many things which adds more of a fear factor against Jason as counselors now need to run from him when he has rage, When going up against a Jason with rage i tend to attack Jason to get my stamina back but it doesn't always work. I think a balance change of Jason not being able to grab while flinching could solve this. Less time to get away from him but it should be enough.

removing team killing of course made the game better. there are enough ways to play dirty as it is, imagine if they could blast you with the shotgun from the roof..

making jason more powerful is something i'll always support. before the update, rage was useless other than heighten sense. jason is billed as an unstoppable killer, so making him unstoppable at a certain point in a match is a no brainer. its also a better challenge for the counsolers and i welcome the difficulty.

Ultimately I'm happy about Team Killing gone but as glitchers keep glitching, I'd like the return of shotgun friendly fire. But I'm happy without it.

Yes, the rage update was a too long over due. He needed to be immune to weapon stun during rage as walking through a wall or door is significant trauma on the body.

@Survival, we all get better with time.

@thrawn3054, irony is the key word for DbD.

@ChaosLordWesker, you're right about the mentality of kill squads.

@tyrant666, I couldn't agree more about change being done right. We'll get there one day, hopefully.

@OCT 31 1978, you and me both are looking forward to those tweaks.

@Polaris88, I think most of us here have a couple of bad memories of team killing. At least things aren't as bad now as back then.

@glowing ooze, I wonder how many people have taken it upon themselves to shoot Jason while on the rooftop.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 4:47 AM, Survival said:

You know I do not like the Rage change because I sucked as a counselor before and now it is even harder for me to survive. On the other hand it gives Jason an upper hand when dealing with bully squads. 50/50 for me.

Prior to Rage he can get whacked around and beaten to dust like a little girl by the hit squads. .  And someone will have the Sweater.  When he gets into rage, its easy to take the mask off and far easier to kill him now than before. 

• Thanks 1

Actually, I had the most intense matches just after the rage change. Before it, I was scared to target objectives and preferred to wait until everything will be decided by itself or run/stun Jason til the end of the match or my death. But now it’s better to search as many cabins as you can and do objectives in the first half of the match, this pace is kinda exciting. Also, it can be explained by me gaining more experience and becoming more pro, but anyway… Still remember how I run from Jason on Crystal Lake trying to avoid hitting him. I really like that house on crystal which has a lot of beds in it, took a breath while Jason was crashing wrong beds. Seeing his feet at eye level, gave me goosebumps, whew. That’s why I hate bullies even more now, it’s not that necessary to hit Jason when you have unbroken cabins and full stamina. And now I hate and scared of stalk even more too, ahah. Never know if it’s the right moment to leave a cabin. In the same match I was talking about, me (Fox), Vanessa and Tommy left alone waiting for the police. Of course, we were waiting in the house, which is in the southeast part of crystal lake. Then Jason came and all ran in the different directions, Vanessa to the north part, Tommy to the camp on the south. I stayed at the cabin and saw how Jason chased Vanessa and decided to go towards Tommy to look for protection, but he hid inside the tent and so did I. It was hilarious to see through the gap how Tommy hides in the opposite tent and see how he comes out later. But when Vanessa got caught and that flashing mask appeared I was sitting in the tent and begging for Jason not finding us until police arrive. Sadly, I was killed because Tommy ran in the wrong direction with his shotgun, ugh. I hope you did understand everything with my English :D

This one time, at band camp, i got tk'd as AJ and came back as Tommy and as a friend was escaping, we picked up the guy who killed me, stopped long enough to get out and the tker got out and I shot him dead and we held a tea party on his face

On 5/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, Fair Play said:

@Survival, we all get better with time.

Yes, we do. But only if we are not stuck on  EU servers filled with Eastern Europian cheaters, griefers and glitchers. You can't really practice anything when you are either the first one to go, because the rest of the lobby is glitched on the roof and Jason goes after you or you escape unscathed because Jason wastes time with cheaters. The games are either extremely short (30 second to a minute) or uneventful.

For example just now I was a counselor and the rest of the lobby took a bear trap at Packanack and started glitching, I took the trap and ran away only for Jason to disconnect once he saw all people at Packanack Lodge.

7 hours ago, Survival said:

Yes, we do. But only if we are not stuck on  EU servers filled with Eastern Europian cheaters, griefers and glitchers. You can't really practice anything when you are either the first one to go, because the rest of the lobby is glitched on the roof and Jason goes after you or you escape unscathed because Jason wastes time with cheaters. The games are either extremely short (30 second to a minute) or uneventful.

For example just now I was a counselor and the rest of the lobby took a bear trap at Packanack and started glitching, I took the trap and ran away only for Jason to disconnect once he saw all people at Packanack Lodge.

You could get better in such a situation. Consider it a crash course. It would be like getting thrown in a lake, and told to learn to swim on the fly. It's not the ideal way to learn, but it would encourage adapting and thinking on your feet under pressure.

• Like 1